[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have 400 Great British Sterling. Should I buy a Nintendo Switch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: Switch.jpg (90KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Switch.jpg
90KB, 1280x720px
I have 400 Great British Sterling.
Should I buy a Nintendo Switch or not?
Make no mistake, I'm going to get one at some point, I merely want to know if now is the time.
>>
Wait for a switch revision like me
>>
Too late. You should've bought it a year ago.
>>
Why have you already set it in stone that you'll get one when you need my advice on when to buy? Your answer to this will determine my answer.
>>
>>384101383
If you plan on playing Splatoon 2, then yes, get it now. Its release is right around the corner and the first couple of months will be the ones with the most new players. If you're not interested in Splatoon 2, then I guess there's no hurry.
>>
>>384101579
I've set in stone that I'll be buying one because the future exclusive lineup already has me sold (Mainline Pokemon, Metroid Prime 4, Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade 2). As of right now, I'd want to buy BoTW....because of course I would, why wouldn't I? Thumper, Fast RMX and Disgaea 5. Maybe Bomberman too.

>>384101714
Honestly, Splatoon is something I've never played since I didn't own a Wii U, so I haven't really given it much thought. If I did get it now, I would probably buy that too though.
>>
>>384101938
You sound like a pretty loyal Nintendo fan then, so I would say there is no need for you to wait. You should buy it as soon as the opportunity presents itself.
>>
>>384101938
I'd say that's enough current games to justify it. And Splatoon 2 will definitely be more fun if you get it as early as possible. You don't wanna miss the next Splatfest.
>>
>>384101383
You won't get much use out of it until later though unless you can make a single game last. Wait for a bundle or limited design you like
>>
Not him but how is the hardware itself, does it feel nice
>>
>>384101383
wait for kurisumasu
>>
I'm looking forward to picking this up but I'm not going to go out and buy one until later this year or mid next year.

Honestly you should give it some time and if it has at least 5 games on it that you want to play then it might be a worthwhile purchase.
>>
>>384103476
How the hardware feels? You mean, like, physically? I guess it kind of feels like a toy, what with all the accessories and how you attach stuff and swap pieces around.
>>
>>384101714
This makes me sad cause i missed splatoon 1 and want to get into splatoon 2 but i can't justify $360 for it plus i want to wait for a revision cause nintendo loves them
>>
>>384103476
feels amazing desu. you can't get a real sense of it until you hold it in your hands. the buttons are clicky, the matte finish feels nice, "switching" components is satisfying, etc. only bad thing i can say about it is the dock. they could have built that better, but instead it just feels like cheap plastic, and leaves enough room for your switch to wobble inside it.
>>
>>384104260
I would only wait for a revision if you intend on using it mostly in handheld mode. It's very unlikely that a revision would improve docked mode in any way. And even then, it's probably not going to happen in at least a year.
>>
>>384101383
It’s got pretty much zero games right now me old chum. I personally went with a WiiU. Even the most lauded switch game right now is a WiiU port.
>>
>>384101383

>Buying the first model of a handheld from a company notorious for releasing multiple improved revisions of their hardware

No, not even an option for another year or 2.
>>
>>384105345
What if you have a job and reliable income
>>
Do you really want to spend 400 quid on Mario?

If so, you have more money than sense, go for it. Or just wait a year and emulate it with a 200 quid CPU.
>>
>>384105604
Leave pcbro
>>
File: DK.gif (4MB, 500x303px) Image search: [Google]
DK.gif
4MB, 500x303px
>>384101383
I'd say go for it if you're a Nintendo fan, especially if you skipped Wii U because those delicious ports are coming. It'll also become a weeb machine later on if you're into japanese games. Nintendo has taken over Japan a long time ago and the Switch is easier/cheaper to develop for so they'll get games they've never had before.
>>
>>384104261
The wobbling's intentional. The connector in the dock is built onto a mechanism with springs so it can move around a bit. If the connector was set in place stiffly, there would be more of a risk of damaging it from the console being moved or game cards being changed.
>>
>>384105946
>especially if you skipped Wii U because those delicious ports are coming
Exactly. I'm legitimately hoping for ports of the best Wii U games which I never got to play.
>It'll also become a weeb machine later on if you're into japanese games.
Vita 2.0? Count me in, especially since it won't have the Vita's problem of not having any first party support.

I'm gonna let you in on a secret. I don't really give a fuck about the big graphically impressive AAA 3rd party games, which I'm sure the Switch will probably not be getting. For me, I want the Switch to satisfy me on a few fronts.
Indies
Nintendo games
And Jap shit (again, just look at the games the Vita gets and that's what I'm hoping for)

If the Switch can deliver those, then it'll be perfect for me.
>>
>>384105508

Still not a smart thing to buy with only 2 worthwhile retail games to date. After a HW revision & when it starts to actually get a library it will be worth getting but thats still a ways off yet.
>>
>>384105946
>those delicious ports are coming
Was this ever confirmed?
>>
File: Hyrule_Warriors_.jpg (295KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Hyrule_Warriors_.jpg
295KB, 1280x720px
>>384107969
Confirmed as in "we'll port the fuck out of the Wii U?" No. But companies knows how much money there is in ports. The Wii U was a flop so all the more reason to bring those games to a successful platform.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.