[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

downloading this game right now is it any good? a simple "ye"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: header[1].jpg (54KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header[1].jpg
54KB, 460x215px
downloading this game right now
is it any good?

a simple "ye" or "na" would suffice
>>
yean
>>
ye ye, ye.
>>
>>384094457
It's good but you have to be a story guy. This game will lore dump the shit out of you. It's almost a game/novel
>>
>>384094457
[Y]
>>
>>384094457
As long as you like RTWP cRPGs it's good.
>>
>>384094457
Tyranny is way better. Pillars has the most generic fantasy world on the planet and one of the most boring main badguys in games.
>>
>>384094825
Thaos did nothing wrong
>>
ye
but don't speak to the backer story NPCs
>>
Can someone please make a game as well written as a CRPG but without CRPG mechanics? I hate isometric "click on shit" gameplay. Why can't I have a well-written action RPG, why do the best written RPGs all have archaic as fuck game mechanics?
>>
>>384094457

its...

decent.

not nearly as good as divinity original sin
>>
>>384094725
this
>>
>>384094457
The player reputation based on your conversation choices is great for roleplayfags like me.
>>
Na
>>
>>384094725
>It's good but you have to be a story guy.
>This game will lore dump the shit out of you.
>It's almost a game/novel
nice nice nice

alright thanks guys
download just finished
>>
I didn't like it. Too much filler in the dialogue, IMO. And the gameplay is not good.

It's good for what it is, being a modern throwback to the Infinity Engine CRPGS. Just doesn't touch the classics.
>>
>>384094457
ye and I'm not even memeing
>>
>>384094457
Its a solid 6/10 game, play Baldur's Gate instead, but avoid at all costs the expansion Siege of Dragonspear.
>>
If you are expecting another BG2 or ID 1 or 2 you will be disappointed. The game is overly balanced with zero interesting builds, items or abilities compared to those games.

I found it to be a pretty generic and found it kind of a slog to finish it.
>>
i gave it the first playthrough since release before summer sale, and i think they improved some things with patches (implementing companion AI, putting in the ability to respec) but it's still a very mediocre throwback to inbred engine games. Honestly i liked Shadowrun more than PoE.
>>
>>384094457
its good and pretty fun. story is decent and the ruleset and mechanics are interesting.

people like >>384098793
and a good chunk of /v/ are gonna shit on it because its not an autistic grindfest and most classes/spells being balanced doesnt let them cheese the game with "one weird trick". but mostly its rose tinted goggles.
that being said.
i hope divinity original sin 2 and PoE 2 do well and bring back more crpg to modern gaming
>>
>>384094457
ye
>>
>buy this game a few months ago
>get as far as the first city
>have to stop due to real life
>come back to it last week, completely forgot what I was doing
>see quest about some guy acting weird, and his house being some kind of "den"
>go check it out
>as I'm walking through the house a guard yells "I thought I told you not to go back there!"
>party destroyed in less than thirty seconds by six guards and a wizard
Wew lad
>>
>>384095091
New Vegas exists
>>
I played it through and was giddy the entire time. I just love the genre.

But don't bother with the backer characters, with the orange names and long dialogue. It's all flavor text. I spent a good hour trying to follow up on little clues before I realized it was just inserted fanfiction.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.