[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How long do you have to be stuck on a video game puzzle until

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

How long do you have to be stuck on a video game puzzle until you give up and use a guide? If you never use a guide, what's the longest time you've ever spent on a puzzle?
>>
I never look up guides. I might stop and then leave it till the next day. The longest I've spent took me a week to figure out. I was trying to find the plunger for the fucking milkman mission in Psychonauts.
>>
>>384093392
3 days is my break-point.
>>
>>384093392
I tried working out that goddamned piano bit in silent hill for 3 hours before I decided never again and refer to a guide on that bit now.

I swear even if you tab it out its wrong or something.
>>
>>384094496
thanks for reminding me of that bullshit anon
>>
>>384093392
Depends on type. Sometimes for me it is when
I miss that 5 pixel object.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (418KB, 1388x800px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
418KB, 1388x800px
>>384093392
Usually a day, the only exception is point-and-click adventure games where I go 15 min since if I don't solve it quickly I have to assume it is so cryptic it wasn't meant to be discovered.

Case in point, this fucking game.
>>
>>384093392
If I can figure it out but realize its going to involve forcing a solution until it works, I will look it up and just throw it in. An example of this that I can think off offhand is in Secret World: You have to decipher a code for this portal to open and eventually you realize you have a cipher that is missing letters. There's like ten symbols and three of them are used meaning there's 7 remaining and you have no idea what goes where.
>>
>>384094874
No problem man.
>>
File: ew3.jpg (165KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ew3.jpg
165KB, 1920x1080px
Until this day I dont know how to solve it
>>
>>384093392
Only use a guide when it gets to the point of:
A) use guide
B) drop the game and never look back
That being said, longest time spent was probably Prince of Persia the Sands of Time, being very young at the time and not having internet back then either.
>>
>>384093392
Reminder that this temple is patrician tier and if you find it hur dur so difficult than you are a casual
>>
>>384093392
I had to look up the walkie-talkie bullshit in the Mariposa Military Base in Fallout 1 after probably an hour.
>>
What are the best third-person 3D games that have a lot of puzzles? Already played through the Zeldas.
>>
The only time I got stuck in water temple was way back then and I didn't realise you had to go under the elevating platform in the center room to get another key

I never forgot it after that time and, sadly, probably going to remember this sometime at the end of my life on my death bed.
>>
2 weeks in the longest journey solving puzzle on the island.
>>
File: 432142342.jpg (31KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
432142342.jpg
31KB, 480x360px
some puzzle about colored blocks in Lufia 2 really gave me a hard time as a non english speaking kid.

I loved the game so hard until this point and spent so many hours of my rental moving blocks around.
>>
>>384093392
Depends on the type. I'm tone deaf as fuck so I find music-note related shit to be borderline impossible, so I pretty much cheat on those, always.

Other than that? I find puzzles to be pretty easy. Nothing in Zelda made me stall for longer than a couple minutes.

To be fair though, I don't play many puzzle games.
>>
>>384096746
layton
>>
File: 1424203934890.png (348KB, 584x566px) Image search: [Google]
1424203934890.png
348KB, 584x566px
>>384093392
far-in Metal gear snake eater on The Sorrow boss
didnt go stealth run, which in turn made it take a long time to get to the boss, and he oneshot me, giving me the Game Over screen

you have to use the fake death revive pills that you had from the start of the game
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.