[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Only six areas the size of something like Huntsman's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

File: maxresdefault.jpg (177KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
177KB, 1280x720px
>Only six areas the size of something like Huntsman's Copse from DaS2 in the entire game
>The only change in the environments is it gets slightly snowy.
>Like ten enemies total not counting the bosses
>You feel like you're controlling a brick walking in mud.
>Nearly all weapons are absolute shit and incredibly slow.
>Poise and the highest defense armor is better than dodging.
>Parrying is completely pointless due to how long it takes you to recover from it to actually attack.
>Bosses are as easy as you can imagine and them switching to a new "Phase" just adds a new attack.
>Armor designs feel like they're straight out of LOTR so everything makes you look like Sauron.
>Some absolutely forgettable story you don't give two shits about.
>You get not-Estus additions pretty much every single area you go to.
>A single playthrough is like six hours at best.
They sold this for $60? They don't even understand the first thing about Souls games to rip them off.
>>
>>384093273
Half of these things can be applied to Nioh, yet it gets a free pass here because it's Japanese.
>>
>>384093435
Except Nioh knows how to balance its weapons to make each of them useful, knows how to make decent areas, knows how to make good boss fights, has a wide variety of weaponry, and actually has you worrying. Here you can literally just tank maybe 9-10 hits before even needing to worry about actually needing to heal, they introduce this magical shooting gauntlet that is absolutely worthless unless you invest massively into Faith, spells are either completely broken (Cleric) or almost useless (Warrior and Rogue), and they give you so many 100% physical block shields that make it so you can't get hurt while blocking and blocking itself barely reduces and stamina. Hell, you lose more stamina rolling than blocking most of the time.
>>
>>384093435
Nioh has 8 areas each of which is far larger than any area in LotF with large differences in environment. Nioh has like 20-24 different enemies not counting bosses. It's faster than LotF. Not all weapons are slow only big ones like Axes and spears. Dodging is much better in Nioh. Parrying can be useful, with two parry type skills depending on how good the player is. There that's more than half I think, all I need to disprove your inane statement.
>>
Oh yeah, another ridiculous thing you can do is cancel out of any attack by simply rolling or blocking, so you don't even need to commit to attacks. It's like the dev team played Dark Souls and then just thought of ways to make it easier.
>>
>>384093273
this game is 2$ tops on g2a, my boi
>>
>>384093435
as someone who got the Platinum in Nioh and LotF, you can't.
>>
>>384093435
Nioh's got a lot of problems, but it actually gets by on the strength of its combat.

LotF has nothing going for it with the exception of its admittedly pretty nifty experience banking and multiplier system.
>>
>>384094048
>>384094372
Literally none of this is true.
>>
>>384093273

>lets shit on a game thats years old and universally known to be shit

Great thread OP
>>
>>384095729
Just because you played it years ago doesn't mean I did.
>>
>>384093273

>They sold this for $60?

I thought it was cheaper at launch. But it's definitely worth $5 it's currently going for on steam.

https://steamdb.info/app/265300/
>>
That bookcase boss in the DLC is one of the absolute all-time bosses in a videogame. Right up there with the fish in Link's Awakening.
>>
>>384095981
all-time worst, rather.
>>
Why is this game so shat about?
take into account i have never played Dark Souls, nor I want to, because i don't like meme games
>>
>>384096310
Because it's a knockoff Dark Souls with barely any unique thoughts of its own. It fails on pretty much every front it tries to copy, there's almost no variation in anything, it's like a fourth of the length of a Souls game, and everything you fight and go through in the game is just generic and boring.

It's like if you made every enemy a Daedra in a TES game and never changed up the scenery in the Daedric realms while also making all your attacks act like you're a fat man trying to swim.
>>
>>384096310
>OP posts in detail some of the reasons why the game is bad
>''but why is it bad?''
>''also MEMES''
I think you might be the most retarded person on /v/ right now.
>>
>>384094048
>Nioh knows how to balance its weapons to make each of them useful

I have never found a use for the kusarigama.
>>
>>384095725
Prove it, then. You started with the claim first, right? I am pretty sure you can find all this info on its Wikis or gameplay vids.
>>
File: 1433022722568.jpg (120KB, 456x337px) Image search: [Google]
1433022722568.jpg
120KB, 456x337px
>>384096596
>>384096525
>why this game is bad?
>because Dark Souls
is that a reason?

>yeah but, why is this game not good?
>because Dark Souls!!
>because it is shorter than DS!!
>because it is not Dark Souls!!
>and you are retarded
>>
>>384096881
You don't understand, it's literally trying to be Dark Souls. It controls the exact same way, enemies fight the exact same way, you have not-Estus, you have souls (EXP), you have a light and a heavy attack, if you die you can regain your EXP by finding your bloodstain (Ghost), you have bonfires (Checkpoints), you can backstab enemies with an animation that makes you invincible, you have NPC sidequests that span throughout the game as you advance through the bosses, ETC.

It also plays like absolute shit, as if you took Dark Souls and just made everything heavier for absolutely no reason.
>>
>>384096881
On its own merits, it is a very mediocre Action RPG, with one of the worst blends of generic Dark Fantasy aesthetics you could possibly make, absolutely unremarkable plot, music, characters, and everything else, and on top of that, it is SHORT. Even if you take Dark Souls out of the equation, there isn't a single thing this game does well in any way other than attempt at mimicking Dark Souls, and even then, the only reason why it does this job """well""" is because other can instantly identify it as a clone, rather than a worthwhile game to itself. It doesn't help that their followup game, The Surge, is plastered everywhere as "Sci-Fi Souls".
>>
obscenely related, my lads

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx7BWayWu08
>>
>>384097294
>absolutely unremarkable plot,

Yeah, like why did the priest guy suddenly decide to mutate into a monster?
Why does the lead have those fancy markings AND he absorbs something after killing a lord?
>>
Nioh did everything right.
>>
>>384098242
>Why does the lead have those fancy markings
They explain this. It's because he's a criminal and even if they escape from jail their crimes are marked as tattoos on their faces so they can never escape what they've done in society.
>>
>>384096715
I don't need wikis, I actually played the game unlike you. Sure, the enviroments have slight differences between them, which doesn't matter since every single level is at night so you won't even notice. There's like 10 enemies and they repeat throughout the game (human with melee weapon, tall human with melee weapon, human with ranged weapon, some zombies, some slimes, small demon, medium demon, big, fat demon, that's more or less it), even some bosses repeat. All armour and weapons pretty much looks the same, weapon speed doesn't matter, you take katana you win the game, all other weapons are redundant, parrying is 100% completely pointless, majority of bosses are ridiculously easy, you get tons of healing items, shitty, forgettable story, most game mechanics are pointless, like that blacksmith lady, literally haven't used her once and haven't spend gold at all, annoying endless equipment drops where 99% of the equipment is useless garbage, magic is useless, ninjutsu is useless, ranged weapons are useless, except maybe for baiting things, stupid pointless, wannabe souls poison area where you destroy a rock and the poison goes away (we wouldn't want you to have a hard time in our game). Shit game. Actually, it's worse than LOTF.
>>
>>384098395
when why do those markings absorb shit when a boss dies?

>>384098520
>parrying is 100% completely pointless

you can parry human bosses and wreck them with the 1h sword. Parrying is not pointless.

No need to bother with the rest of the post by a guy who clearly did not pay the game
>>
File: Capture.png (157KB, 400x185px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
157KB, 400x185px
>>384093273
Lords of the Fallen was pretty garbage. You were locked into your attack animation so fast weapons like the knives or fists were really pointless compared to weapons that would deal big damage in a single swing. And every single level was just grey until you went to the demon world where everything is brown dirt.

These are the same guys who did The Surge right? I think that game was a huge step up in quality, although I didn't like all the instant-kills or how little stats/armor seemed to matter. Like heavy armor took a whole lot of points to wear and rarely had useful passive bonuses and you would still die in 2 hits unless you devoted all your chips to HP.

Anyway they say 3rd time is the charm. I think if they keep going their next one will be really good, so good that people will talk about it longer than a month after it comes out.
>>
>>384098738
Parrying is completely, utterly, 100% pointless. But yea, it's obvious you didn't play the game.
>>
>>384098520
>magic is useless

Sloth breaks game by slowing attacks of bosses

>ninjutsu is useless

Cat walking (maybe the right name) and the stealth thing let you literally run to bosses without having to fight enemies.

>I played the game

No you didn't
>>
>>384099120
>Parrying is completely, utterly, 100% pointless.

dude, parrying is my go to plan if something is using a sword

>>384099009
>These are the same guys who did The Surge right?
yes. I have not played it, waiting for a price drop
>>
>>384099142
>>384099287
Didn't play the game: the posts.
>>
I got Lords for $3 on the last PSN sale. I literally can't and won't be disappointed with it.
>>
>>384099481
OP here, I bought it on the same deal, this is why I'm complaining.
>>
File: 20170716_005839[1].jpg (949KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170716_005839[1].jpg
949KB, 2560x1440px
>>384099361
>Didn't play the game: the posts.

you were saying?
>>
File: 1492925518309.png (322KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1492925518309.png
322KB, 720x720px
>>384093273
And yet people still got hyped for the surge
>>
>>384099671
I think it was marketers. Something similar happened to LotF
>>
>>384099669
>platinum trophy
>83%
Nice photoshop man.
>>
>>384100218
DLC counts to overall percentage.

check this site if you think I am bullshitting:
https://psnprofiles.com/YuriTheMan?completion=platinum

I have 3 games where I have the Platinum and it's not at 100% due to DLC:
Nioh
Lords of the Fallen
FFXV
>>
>>384100218

mediocre reply. should have dismissed his opinions after seeing trophies for skyrim, me:andromeda, and nep instead. 3/10.
>>
>>384100218
It means he didn't buy the DLC.
>>
>>384100218
(You)
>>
>>384098353
except for enemy variety tho. Granted there were a bunch of variations in mo sters and especially with human enemies which differed alot. 9/10 game still
>>
>>384099481
I got it with Xbox's "Free" games and I was still annoyed by the time I wasted downloading and playing it
>>
>>384102120
I got mine off of PSN+ and was glad this mess was free.

and this is from someone who refused to get shit like Tales from the Borderlands when it was free
>>
>>384098520
>There's like 10 enemies and they repeat throughout the game (human with melee weapon, tall human with melee weapon, human with ranged weapon, some zombies, some slimes, small demon, medium demon, big, fat demon, that's more or less it)
Skeleton Warrior
Dweller
Oni-bi
Karakasa Umbrella
Biwa Boku-Boku
Lesser Umi-bozu
Sentry
Spider
Kappa
Mujina
Yoki
One-eyed Imp/Oni
Nurikabe
Wheelmonk
Flying Bolt
Raven Tengu
Onyudo
Namahage
Rokurokubi

I omitted all re-colors. You are objectively wrong fuckface.
>parrying is 100% completely pointless, majority of bosses are ridiculously easy, you get tons of healing items, shitty, forgettable story, most game mechanics are pointless, like that blacksmith lady, literally haven't used her once
So basically if you choose not to use it because of your crippling raging autism it's pointless. Please expire.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.