[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

To those who play competitively: What's your temper like?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: 1300764896640.jpg (23KB, 251x251px) Image search: [Google]
1300764896640.jpg
23KB, 251x251px
To those who play competitively:

What's your temper like? Do you actually get mad sometimes? What has to happen to piss you off?
>>
-Not being able to move/getting stuck in the corner/
-unreadable/overpowered/easily spammable moves
>>
I do get mad but it's mostly being annoyed at me underperforming and my solution is to stop playing until I cool off and then can come back with renewed strength.
Playing with a mostly angry temper, or in tilt will make you a worse player and is detrimental to your learning and improvement, you will make more mistakes, will refuse to accept them, will be less open to rethinking strategies, etc.

Do not play if you are angry, if playing makes you angry play less and take breaks more often, and learn strategies to get less angry at the game.
When you start getting mad just remember, being mad will only make you worse at the game.
>>
File: 1266092777454.jpg (35KB, 426x282px) Image search: [Google]
1266092777454.jpg
35KB, 426x282px
>tfw muta harass

In FPS games I get mostly frustrated by instant headshots a billion miles away. What the fuck am I supposed to do with that? How can I even learn the game like that? I'm completely average in BF4, but I tried CS:GO twice and it's instant dead the moment I see someone else. Fuck. FUCK.
>>
File: wumbo.jpg (91KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
wumbo.jpg
91KB, 1252x1252px
i attend tournaments for fighting games, FPS games and league regularly and i rarely get angry. at worse i'll just be disappointed with myself or a bit salty. i used to tilt a lot but the better you get at a game the more you understand that the only faults that exist lie in yourself.
>>
>>384028358
this guy has the right mindset

The only thing that really bothers me anymore when people talk shit and can't back it up. And as rare as it is in most of the games I play online, people who blatantly cheat and then talk shit
>>
>>384028124
nothing, playing competitvely is boring since you stop playing the game but starting to calculate in order to minmax the game. if you fail at calculations you dont get mad, you just go oops.

the logic is pretty simple
if you have fun, you occasionaly get mad, becouse you get emotional about the game.
if you play competitvely, you stop having fun becouse you are minmaxing, you deattach yourself from the game, so you dont give a fuck
>>
>>384028358
This. I may get frustrated and disappointed, but anger isn't something I feel. From my point of view, getting mad about something in videogames just isn't worth it, there are "better", so to say, things to get mad over in life.
tl;dr It's just a game, bruh.
>>
I get the most mad when I lose, but its more like I get mad cause I want to get better, Tekken 7 most recently
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.