[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>37% of the world's population >Haven't made

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8

File: india-china-l1.jpg (38KB, 759x422px) Image search: [Google]
india-china-l1.jpg
38KB, 759x422px
>37% of the world's population
>Haven't made a single game worth playing

Why are they so incompetent?
>>
>>384024396
I know you're trying to create a shit storm of bait replies by posting two of these flags so in hopes to end this early I'll answer seriously

>India
A failing society because of divided sectarian people into further neighboring countries and an obsession of the US without actually learning anything or doing anything productive. Also Shitting streets

>China
A society that has learned to unite because they got sick of western bullying; went 200% into productive overdrive and actually made games domestically for their own market and Asia. Most didn't grow up with a console and consoles from china weren't great, so the focus shifted on pc for wealthy Chinese and the average Chinese guy in an Internet cafe. After cafes kept raising prices, smartphones became a thing and now they're a fucking juggernaut in apps and tech. Mobile Games there are huge but aren't known outside of Asia because they can't be bothered marketing in the west "because fuck American and European tastes; we are superior"

In b4 triggered indians
>>
>>384024396
they're subhumans. even Koreans have managed to make some decent games
>>
>>384025503
Not true
>>
>>384024396
Making games is hard, you can't shit them out just like that
>>
>>384025803
it's 100% true
>>
File: 20170715_132539.png (778KB, 648x931px) Image search: [Google]
20170715_132539.png
778KB, 648x931px
>>384025803
>what is both Kingdom Under Fire game on the Xbox hueg
Stay pleb
>>
Because most of them are starving
>>
>>384025503
Chinese are really genetically and culturally similar to Koreans/Japanese. The difference between Asian countries is genuinely down to how they handled Western contact.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (206KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
206KB, 1440x1080px
I haven't play yet but I hear Legend of Sword and Fairy (aka Chinese Paladin) is actually pretty decent.

>>384026254

China isn't really that poor anymore. They are richer than many countries.
>>
File: 1498843771269.jpg (14KB, 467x467px) Image search: [Google]
1498843771269.jpg
14KB, 467x467px
Indian here, the only reason why we haven't made any game worth playing is because we're still in a shithole. If you really wanna see something being made from India go check the Google Playstore, it's a fucking lawless

From what I know, China has made some games but then again, they've made shit load of bootlegs too.
>>
File: IMG_0043.png (8KB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0043.png
8KB, 500x350px
>>384024396
You can add this irrelevant shithole to the list
>>
>>384027062
>Chroma Squad
Nah you are wrong.
>>
>>384024396
They have more important things to do like preparing themselves for the inevitable collapse of USA and how they'll shape the world after that.
>>
>>384024396
China suffers from three main problems -

1.All their creative people were killed off under Mao - this creates a break between the new generation of creatives and the previous one, from which they could learn
2. Under Mao as well, "peasant culture" was glorified. Anything that wasn't Chinese folk music, patriotic hymns, and traditional folk dance was considered bourgeois. This really seeps into modern Chinese culture, and it's hard to break out of that mindset.
3. Heavy censorship. Art can only exist in subversive forms (good example - Soviet science fiction, a genre not really touched by censors because it was considered to be childish), which means mainstream media (of which video games are one) are heavily curtailed to fit the state narrative.

The Chinese aren't incapable of producing video games. We've seen from WCIII mods and bootlegs that do have the technical skill to do so - it's just the terrible, oppressive cultural atmosphere which exists which prevents any innovation. This is set only to get worse as the Great Firewall really ramps up.

India has it's own set of problems, and I don't think video games at all will ever flourish as a hobby or an industry there.
>>
>>384024396
China make games for themselves. You aren't allowed to play them you white pig.
>>
>>384028372
Bruh China makes a shitton of games. Even moreso than Japan and the West. Most of it never reaches us cuz they never get localized or they break copyright rules
>>
>>384028372
One point to raise about point 3 - the subversive art form. It's possible that China may start producing anonymous indie games knocked up in ancient versions of RPG makers, but it's not likely to be to the taste of the West. Possibly the weirdness of these games (a necessity, in order to circumvent the censors while still sending a "message") will find a bemused cult fandom in the west.
>>
>>384028784
>Bruh China makes a shitton of games.
I did mention this in my post, under bootlegs. I'm under the impression that the OP is asking why there is no original video games from China, rather than just the standard knock offs produced for the domestic market.

The bootleg market is nothing to really write about. Every country with lax intellctual property laws has one, and Video Games CX even had an entire episode where bootleg Thai games were played.
>>
>>384024396
If you consider Taiwan to be part of China, Detention is pretty good
>>
File: Sinoboosvsweeaboos.png (88KB, 834x648px) Image search: [Google]
Sinoboosvsweeaboos.png
88KB, 834x648px
Mars 3D
Sanguo Zhi: Shuhan Yingxiongchuan
Project Boundary
All of the games on the China Hero project
The Chinese version of MW2 is for some reason dramatically different from the western version, players can wield fucking laser weapons, BFGs, railguns and cyber AK-47s
>>
>>384024396
Ones a communist shithole and the other one is still investing all their research points into toilet technology
>>
>>384024396
Cause high population = high level of education.
That's why china makes high quality products
amirite?
>>
>>384024396
The Chinese game industry exists but mostly spits out F2P cash-cow shit cause for some reason the Chinese spends fucktons of money on the microtransaction/lootbox jewry.

India just kinda sucks cause their poor and don't really have a massive domestic market cause they speak so many different languages.

Ultimately video games is a benefit gained by the high luxury good consumption in developed Western countries with developed first-world cultures. Neither of these countries have either at this point. China may eventually start having an industry as is industrializes more but will always struggle until it cuts off a lot of it's culture of censorship and anti-creativity. India still needs a lot of time to develop.
>>
>>384026252
my nigga
>>
File: smug dog.jpg (204KB, 934x1245px) Image search: [Google]
smug dog.jpg
204KB, 934x1245px
>>384029216
>Sinoboo
>not crushed under a poorly made building, falling into a sinkhole that spontaneously appears in the middle of the street or crushed by an escalator

hilarious
>>
>>384024396
Same reason why there's no good Hong Kong movies anymore.
>>
>>384024396
They are too busy with drowning daughters and raping women.
>>
>>384027236
>Chroma Squad
More like Momodora desu
>>
>>384029547
>for some reason the Chinese spends fucktons of money on the microtransaction/lootbox jewry
I read that a lot of internet cafés give bonuses like in-game credits when you buy snacks and stuff.
>>
>>384026348
China and Korea got Manchu'd often.

China had a lot of contact with other civilizations, while Korea was a backwater.

Each had quite different systems of administration.
>>
Can you racists please go back to your board >>>/pol/
>>
>>384024396

China don't bother localizing and marketing their games oversea, because their domestic market is already gigantic.

India isn't rich enough to have a large enough consumer base for things like Vidya. That should change in the coming decade.
>>
>>384024396
Spoiler alert, poverty ridden countries don't have the resources to make digital entertainment.
>>
File: zeno.jpg (28KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
zeno.jpg
28KB, 460x215px
>Huekistan, Commie Oil Funhouse and Le Helicopter Manland make better games that a two G20 countries with the largest populations in the world
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.