[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why do they make english dubs if they know weeaboos dont

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1479582910372.jpg (397KB, 940x529px) Image search: [Google]
1479582910372.jpg
397KB, 940x529px
why do they make english dubs if they know weeaboos dont like that shit
>>
>>384022829
I generally don't care all that much. Dual audio would be great as its always better to have more options but it's not like it was Chaos Wars/early 90's streamline anime dub bad.
>>
>>384022829
Because i want to play the game not read it
>>
>>384022829
Because unlike anime I have to control whats happening on screen so I have to split my attention three ways instead of two. It's hard as hell to dodge a giant dragon monster while someone yells exposition at me in Japanese.
>>
>>384022829

Real answer.

Sometimes it's just too expensive to pay for the Japanese voices. When games with Japanese audio get localized it's not a matter of just leaving the voices in. They have to pay for the Japanese voice track as well. Japanese VAs are a lot more expensive than English VAs, and if a game has some big name Japanese VAs in it then sometimes it's just way too expensive to pay to keep the original audio, especially if they don't expect the localized game to bring in that much of a profit in the first place.
>>
>>384026692
Then why have both? No one likes to listen to English. Its an ugly butchered language born of German, French and a thousand other languages mangled together to make some mutt of a language that literally no one likes. Literally.
>>
>>384022829
video games
dub > sub

anime
sub > dub

reason being is that most of the time not everything is subbed in video games. little side dialogues almost never get subtitled. also i've never played a game with a genuinely bad dub besides House of the dead 2, which i loved anyway for being so meme worthy. don't go posting that shitty ps2 chaos wars or whatever game's dub and say "ALL DUBS ARE LIKE THIS!"
>>
>>384028259
The vast majority of localized japanese games have awful voice acting because they hire the cheapest voice actors in the industry. They always exaggerate voices to sound more toonish even when it's not needed, hell even when there's depressing shit going on.
There are exceptions of course, mostly games with a very serious tone or heavily inspired in western culture, but everything else gets wacky voices, God Eater included.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.