[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Play an old school """RPG"""

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1499279741691.jpg (121KB, 662x807px) Image search: [Google]
1499279741691.jpg
121KB, 662x807px
>Play an old school """RPG"""
>Game literally buttfucks me if you don't spend points in some specific stats
What's the point then? If I want to play a weak as shit faggot with a big mouth, then just give me the tools so I can progress and don't make me spend points in STR for fuck's sake.
It's not fair.
>>
Go play tabletop you sook
>>
>make a character who is weak for combat
>take him into a dungeon with eldritch monsters
your dumbfuck "everything should be viable" mentality is what kills modern rpgs
>>
>>384016708
What did you expect? Convincing monsters to leave you alone?
>>
>>384017608
>>384016839
>>384018415
What's the point of putting points in social shit ever then?
I literally can't finish vtmb because of this and I can't even use small guns in fallout because lmao no STR.
>>
>>384019290
>What's the point of putting points in social shit ever then?
the point is balancing them with combat skills if game has mandatory combat segments
> I can't even use small guns in fallout because lmao no STR.
that just screams shit build
>>
>>384019290
You don't need combat skills in Fallout if you're good and know what you're doing, social builds aren't and shouldn't be as easy as combat builds.

For VtMB, the first few mandatory fights should have been huge red flags to you. You're an idiot if you didn't put at least some points in combat.
>>
>>384019290
>hurr why can't I defeat giant factions by clicking on dialogue options
Go play Age of Decadence - full social playthrough is viable, just don't complain when you miss out on some thief/warrior specific content
>>
>>384020741
Yeah. The original Fallouts can be beaten with social builds, but they are hard because you still have to understand what the characters are saying and choose the right dialogue options.
>>
>>384016708
Not every RPG game has to have multiple routes and be open ended like that. Sometimes there are less useful stats you may spec into for a specific reason, it's ok for some skills to be better than others, every stat is a tool you can use to get through the challenge not something to define your character.
>>
File: 1477678158290.png (115KB, 419x449px) Image search: [Google]
1477678158290.png
115KB, 419x449px
>you can get past 99% of the game with stealth and diplomacy
>the final boss is a straight fight
>>
File: 1272620408094.jpg (14KB, 341x401px) Image search: [Google]
1272620408094.jpg
14KB, 341x401px
>>384016708
>Game literally buttfucks me

Sauce?
>>
>>384019290
>can't finish vtmb
you can easily get 10 points in unarmed, melee, firearms while having plenty of points in research persuasion seduction and your vampire powers
just use bloodbuff in combat lol
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.