[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This game is now 19 years old. Did you play it? https://you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

File: F-Zero X.jpg (137KB, 640x876px) Image search: [Google]
F-Zero X.jpg
137KB, 640x876px
This game is now 19 years old. Did you play it?

https://youtu.be/C5CVTRBI8V4

This was a pretty nice transition into a 3D sequel, though not as dramatic as say Mario or Zelda, since F-Zero already was kind of 3D. All they really did was ad more verticality and loops and shit.
I really love the aesthetics in the game. The cheesy heavy metal comic style fits so well.
>>
File: F0.webm (715KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
F0.webm
715KB, 1280x720px
>>
favorite f-zero game, the guitar arrange soundtrack is a God's send.
>>
It was one of the best transitions to 3D there is.
>>
Have you played the expansion content, OP? It's hard as balls but I love it.
>>
>>384004595
No. But, I heard the N64DD emulation is actually fully playable now. I'll check it out eventually, because I always wanted to try my hand at designing tracks and playing those new, nutty ones.
>>
I hope that in the unlikely chance Nintendo makes a new game, they bring back the X-Cup. I loved the tracks where the AI couldn't handle the complexity of them and you'd be the only one left by the end of it.
>>
YOU GOT BOOST POWA
>>
>no new F-Zero game because Nintendo can't think of a new gimmick for it
>F-Zero's gimmick got put into Mario Kart
Really makes you think.
>>
Is there anything stopping Nintendo from rereleasing GX in HD? I suppose the FMVs could be an issue since they'd either have to be kept as they are, upscaled which would look like shit, or they would have to remake the FMVs from scratch.
>>
>>384005562
>or they would have to remake the FMVs from scratch.
There probably exist uncompressed files on someone's computer at Nintendo's office or elsewhere. It doesn't make sense to just throw something like that away.
As for a re-release, I'm not sure. GX had analog controls for drifting which was pretty much necessary in some of the harder levels and difficulties. Releasing it on the Switch is a no go, since it only has digital shoulder buttons. So, they'd have to make a brand new controller just for this one game, which is not happening. If they were to launch an entire catalog of GC games on a VC it may happen, but again they would need to make some new controller or at least an adapter for GC controllers. Making another adapter probably would come across as scummy, since one already exists for the Wii U.
This is one of the reasons why I'm so disappointed in Nintendo's choice to not include analog shoulder buttons. It limits what you can do with the controls, for no benefit at all.
>>
>>384005960
By that logic they probably won't even bother making anything f-zero on the switch since it's controls won't be as nuanced.
>>
>>384006138
F-Zero X didn't have analog controls, but it also had very different physics than GX. It worked, but you had objectively less control of your craft than in GX, which in a racing game I think is kind of important. They could of course just make a game that's less about smooth handling and more about twitchy reflexes or something, but I'd prefer a GX styled game.
>>
>>384006272
i suppose that's why the fast racing games play like they do. i wonder how differently redout will play on the switch when that releases.
>>
>>384003992
you bet your ass it is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zBtUTKIVg8
>>
File: 1468737470620.jpg (47KB, 564x564px) Image search: [Google]
1468737470620.jpg
47KB, 564x564px
>yfw you select joker cup and rainbow road is the fucking first track
>>
>>384008341
the expansion changes the music to this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TftHMvE19II&t=362s
>>
Are the GBA F-Zero games worth emulating on my phone?
>>
>>384011286
maximun velocity follows the original snes rules by making you reach 3th place or high mandatory to pass the stage
haven't played gp legend or climax though i think the latter follows where the anime left out
>>
>>384011286
GP Legend is good.
Maximum Velocity is fine besides not having the original roster.
Never played Climax.
>>
>>384011662
>>384011286
climax is the best of the three but the rest are good too.
>>
>>384011662
From what I've seen, Climax looks more like an expansion to GP Legend than an entirely new game.
>>
>>384011286
Maximum Velocity is a classic styled F-Zero game. You get one boost per lap and you have to stay ahead of a certain position or you'll lose. Very arcadey in that regard. It's a bit basic, so there's not much content but it does what it sets out to do pretty well. There's not too much to say about it, but if you liked the first two SNES F-Zero games and want more, it's worth checking out.

GP Legend is closer to F-Zero X, but with SNES layouts. It has a large amount of vehicles and tracks, some neat challenge levels and a whole story mode spanning 8 characters. It's nothing special, but it's there and it's kind of entertaining for what it is. Gameplay is solid and music stellar. Track lengths don't seem to be balanced for your speeds though, so they can seem really, really short and tight. Especially the SNES remakes.

Climax mixes classic F-Zero with modern, letting you use your energy to boost, as well as giving you one super boost per lap. It's an interesting and fun concept and lends itself to really high speeds. Again, this can make the tracks seem disappointingly short. Graphically, it's mostly the same as GP Legend, but with some more polish and GP Legend already looked impressive for a GBA game. It has a good amount of content and even features a full fledged track creator which can be really fun to tinker with. It's JP only and I'm not sure if there's a translation, but you don't really need it to enjoy it. Out of the three GBA games, this is arguably the best one.
>>
>>384013148
climax has a spin attack. you can boost while you're doing it like in the anime.
>>
Thanks for the responses. I'll check them out.
>>
>>384005236
But how about the gimmick being 'you can play online now'
>>
>>384015008
how about make a 3ds version and make you street pass time attack ghosts and custom tracks and custom vehicle configurations
i don't care if the analog stick of almost every 3ds is dead at this point of the handheld's lifespan, i would play that and pass around my city for three days straight giving away my shit
>>
>>384003119
F-Zero X is better in pretty much every way compared to GX. Everything feels much faster, I like the track design more, like that the cars don't handle like barges and the music is vastly better.
>>
>>384003119
first time i ever played this was on the Wii's Virtual Console and i really regretted never having played this game up until then

held up perfectly as an incredible game. even if GX might be better, X is still definitely one of the greatest racing games of all time. even for its age, one of the fastest racing games i've ever played.

great soundtrack as well. underrated as fuck game
>>
>>384016261
>Everything feels much faster
I highly disagree with this. It looks cleaner sure, because there is no clutter at all in X. But, faster? Don't think so. GX has a bunch of effects and animation tricks that give it a real nice sense of speed. The way the screen gives a slight shake and your machine thrusts when boosting, as well as creating a faint ghost image of your craft along with that oomph coupled with the rumble makes it feel like you're actually gaining a ton of speed. X mostly relies on sound to sell the idea of going fast.
>>
>>384008856
still mad that this isn't in the Wii VC version since it's just the NA version

this shit is so fucking good
>>
File: [boosting intensifies].gif (3MB, 95x85px) Image search: [Google]
[boosting intensifies].gif
3MB, 95x85px
I think the reason there hasn't been a new F-Zero game is that Nintendo seems to shy away from having multiple games of the same genre.
>Advance Wars is dead, but Fire Emblem keeps going
>Paper Mario lost its RPG elements, while Mario & Luigi series still has them
>Mario Kart is the more popular racing game so they dropped F-Zero
>no more Wario Lands because, well, Mario. Although the disintegration of Nintendo R&D1 is probably the real reason.
>>
>>384018446
>no more Wario Lands because, well, Mario. Although the disintegration of Nintendo R&D1 is probably the real reason.
This is the only point you kinda don't have, because we're still getting Kirby, Yoshi, DKC, etc. games.

I think it's just because AW and F-Zero have traditionally never been huge sellers and it's a damn shame because they have elements that would make them hugely successful. Nintendo just needs to make a quality game in each series and properly market them.
>>
File: 1472390813198.jpg (97KB, 1024x498px) Image search: [Google]
1472390813198.jpg
97KB, 1024x498px
>>384003119
>Nintendo approached a developer for making a F-Zero game on the Wii U
>That developer would've been Criterion Games, the makers of the Burnout games
>They had to refuse because they were put under pressure by EA to make NFS Most Wanted (2012)
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/06/exclusive_we_almost_got_a_wii_u_f-zero_created_by_burnout_studio_criterion

This will never not make me mad. Yeah, the Wii U wasn't that great and neither was NFS MW 2012 but just the idea of having a new F-Zero games made by none other than Criterion would've been a beautiful thing to behold. And to Criterion's defense, MW 2012 seems to have had a very rough and rushed development which explains why it wasn't that good
>>
>>384018749
F-Zero would sell if they actually put in an effort to market it. Plus Captain Falcon is significantly more popular now than he was in 2003.
>>
>>384018749
According to Wiki, the original, X and GX sold all well enough to get a Player's Choice.
>>
>>384018996
>>384019428
Exactly. If they actually marketed it and hyped it up, a new F-Zero game would probably do pretty well.
>>
>>384018749
>This is the only point you kinda don't have, because we're still getting Kirby, Yoshi, DKC, etc. games.
Yeah, I somehow forgot about those. Then again the last game I played from any of those series was Yoshi's Island DS and that was over 10 years ago.
>>
>>384018446
Haven't they gone on record stating this is exactly the reason why, along with ''We don't know how to make it unique and interesting for the casuals''?
>>
>>384019828
Yoshi's Woolly World is very good. DKC:TF was fantastic. New Yoshi game on the Switch is looking great as well.
>>
>>384018798
the idea of seeing the cars getting more detailed damage makes my dick hard, getting to the finish just when your maching is blowing up would have been amazing
>>
File: 1500118558960.jpg (3MB, 3026x3572px) Image search: [Google]
1500118558960.jpg
3MB, 3026x3572px
>>384020129
This backs up the Paper Mario one at least.
>>
Probably one of my favourite racing games. Hard as balls too. I never unlocked the last line of cars.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.