[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How long is this game? If I started it this morning, could I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

How long is this game? If I started it this morning, could I realistically finish it sometimes tonight?
>>
Pretty long. Lots of copy pasted stuff. If you want to speed through it, stuff the base management and just play main missions if you can.

Each area between load screens has like five guys max, with some exceptions - and missions are typically "Go through 3-7 of these little areas"

Much less cinematics, much less radio chatter, no real codex conversations.

The full 100% game where you do everything is huge, but lots of it is repeating content. Think MGSV.
>>
>>384001461
You're not gonna speedrun it, that's for sure. Expect to replay similar missions over and over and over again to progress through the story.
>>
>>384001461
I think so honestly. If you just mainline the required content. I did it to prepare for MGSV because it and POPS were the only ones I hadn't played.
>>
>>384001461
Why do you need to know?
>>
>>384001691
Oh shit, didn't know about base management.
>>384001867
I'm going on a trip and I want to play MGSV while I'm there. I haven't played Peacewalker yet (it's one ps3) and I know it ties into Big Boss' story.
>>
Nope. Longest mg besides tpp.

Repetition is your own volition until you want to unlock the real ending/final boss which is every bit worth it.

Good ass game
>>
>>384002861
Pretty much the same sort of base management you have in MGSV. But fuck it, you'll spend hours deciding which guy with a 5% bigger bar goes in which team and in the end it doesn't matter.
>>
File: STRANGELOVE.jpg (104KB, 1064x603px) Image search: [Google]
STRANGELOVE.jpg
104KB, 1064x603px
>>384003754
Pretty much these sorts of screens for hours if you let it get to you.
>>
>>384001819
There's no way to get the true ending without spending a fuckload of time with the game, and if you go into Ground Zeroes without having finished the true ending, you may as well have not played it at all for how little you'll understand the setup.

OP, if you just want to get caught up really quick, you're better off just watching a cutscene compilation. It easily took me as long to get through Peace Walker as the entirety of the first four games, if not more. It's a completely different kind of game from the others.
>>
>>384003990
>It easily took me as long to get through Peace Walker as the entirety of the first four games, if not more.
Damn, holy shit. I guess I might watch the cutscenes then.
Is the gameplay only tactical base management stuff, or does it play similar to 4?
>>
>>384004621
It's like a much more slimmed-down version of 4, with emphasis on quick missions with simple objectives and small loadouts that you swap depending on the mission type. It's more similar in structure to a Monster Hunter game than Metal Gear, though it still plays like an MGS.
>>
File: machine broke.jpg (167KB, 639x659px) Image search: [Google]
machine broke.jpg
167KB, 639x659px
>>
Just watch the cutscene compilation on youtube. It's not a good game, but you'll need to see the story to understand GZ and V.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.