[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the point of Windowed mode in video games if putting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

What's the point of Windowed mode in video games if putting windowed mode doesn't show the entire game when you set it to your monitor's resolution?
Why don't windowed mode let you put 1920x1000 instead of 1920x1080 so you can get rid of the task bar and title menu?

>double click title, game window resizes and scales up
What video games do this other than Terraria?

Why don't more games come with borderless window?
>>
>>384000831
The point is better ease of tabbing out and multitasking compared to tabbing out of a fullscreen application. As to why they don't allow something like 1920*1000, probably because it wouldn't be a standard aspect ratio. You'd just have to make do with something like 1680*1050 at that point.
In any case, this is why the borderless windowed/borderless fullscreen -option is a great thing, as you get the best of both worlds, and is fortunately becoming more and more of a staple in modern games.
>>
>>384000831
Kirino a shit
Kuroneko best grill
>>
>>384001332
>it wouldn't be a standard aspect ratio
completely irrelevant
setting the correct aspect ratio is as simple as dividing the window width by the window height and using the number you get from that in your projection matrix instead of the standard 1.777777777778.
that way you automatically support whatever arbitrary game window dimensions your audience might feel like using
any game that doesn't do this is irredeemable trash.
>>
if you have a giant monitor it's easier to adjust screen size by just having it in a window
>>
File: 1475591566425.png (463KB, 489x489px) Image search: [Google]
1475591566425.png
463KB, 489x489px
OpenRCT2 does it nicely.
but I like playing in a small window because of nostalgia (4:3 screen).
>>
>>384001585
That's a funny way to spell Ayane
>>
>MGSV borderless mode
>Can alt tab on my second screen and the game will continue running flawlessly while I play with my DS4
Fucking Jap magic
>>
>>384001332
Are there any other good options for forcing borderless other than Borderless Gaming?
>>
>>384002001
No idea.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.