[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did you think of this? Pros: >Quirkiness, humor and memes,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 1486115100772.jpg (124KB, 250x307px) Image search: [Google]
1486115100772.jpg
124KB, 250x307px
What did you think of this?
Pros:
>Quirkiness, humor and memes, codecs
>Related to Metal Gear, interesting to see Raiden
>TECHNOLOGY, blade mode, high octane fun moments
Cons:
>tons of dull, boring moments
>seems like it was fucking never playtested, full of little bullshit moments, not polished, blade mode is tricky when there's multiple enemies or somehow the body flies away from you so you can't do the spine move, also plenty of times there's a Y+B prompt that gets canceled after entering blade mode
>blade mode controls are trash (CONTROLLER)
>camera is trash
>parrying is trash
>tons of delay after an animation leading to plenty of heavy attacks from enemies that are IMPOSSIBLE to dodge unless you never attack
>have to use electrolytes to open some containers
>movement system is trash, walking animation is slow af, jumping is slow and low, flying enemies are lame to fight
>running makes every input delayed
>stealth is unpolished and lame
>lame sections of just running around looking for upgrades
>maps are dull and grey
>make you fight the same bosses a bunch of times
>it's just FOUR fucking levels disguised as like 8
>trash DLC levels that reuse the levels, would rather play as raiden, also every glaring flaw from the main game is amplified in the DLC, like the final boss of the 2nd DLC is a mess to fight beause of the map, the camera and the delay
>long ass unskippable credits for the main game AND THE DLC CHAPTERS

i swear i had fun playing the main game in general, but god damn, the actual gameplay is so unpolished and bullshit and there's so much filler content. if they polished it more and cut down on the boring corridors and had fun looking levels this would be a pretty replayable game
>>
i am not gonna read what you have written but my only problem with the game is that it is too short. It should have been at least twice as long. Everything else is perfect though and this is a better metal gear game than phantom pain.
>>
>>383998443
This.
>>
>>383998443
fuck off. i clocked in like 5 and a half hours on normal difficulty and it was super obvious the game ran out of steam after the first denver level, which is sad because the game only PICKED UP at the denver level because that's when they start introducing more complex and challenging gameplay
>>
File: 1332832649979.jpg (34KB, 303x404px) Image search: [Google]
1332832649979.jpg
34KB, 303x404px
>>383998326
1/10 for getting me to reply.
>>
>>383998326
We need another one of these
>>
Seems like it had a short development time. Concept was nice but it i can't say it was a great game.

>>383999140
Nails it.

It's like eating Vanilla wafers. First bite is nice, but that's it, nothing more.
>>
>Soundtrack isn't in pros
>>
>>383999253
so how about all those flaws i mentioned? are they just non-existent? is the game perfect?
>>
>>383998326
It's at best really, REALLY fun, the music and how it integrates into the game is absolute god tier and it's replayability is high. And yet I'd only give it 8/10.
>>
>>384000501
it's part of the fun moments and enhances the experience, but i wouldn't say it's great music in general on its own. also, that reminds me, how come the most EPIC setpieces take place early on with jumping on rockets and fucking up RAYs and then the rest of the game is just shit like "beat this cyborg" and fighting armstrong..

>>384000703
when i'm thinking of replaying it, i think of all the moments where i just walk through corridors. sure, i could skip the codecs now, but that fucking running around looking for upgrades shit, what the fuck. i guess there's less of it when you get them all, but the problem is i finished the game with 190% HP so i'd have to look all over again for that final one
>>
>>383998326
>>tons of dull, boring moments
>>seems like it was fucking never playtested, full of little bullshit moments, not polished, blade mode is tricky when there's multiple enemies or somehow the body flies away from you so you can't do the spine move, also plenty of times there's a Y+B prompt that gets canceled after entering blade mode
>>blade mode controls are trash (CONTROLLER)
>>camera is trash
>>parrying is trash
>>tons of delay after an animation leading to plenty of heavy attacks from enemies that are IMPOSSIBLE to dodge unless you never attack
>>movement system is trash, walking animation is slow af, jumping is slow and low, flying enemies are lame to fight
>>running makes every input delayed

all wrong stop being bad at the game

>>trash DLC levels that reuse the levels, would rather play as raiden, also every glaring flaw from the main game is amplified in the DLC, like the final boss of the 2nd DLC is a mess to fight beause of the map, the camera and the delay

bladewolf is trash but sam's gameplay is a lot more fun than raiden's
>>
>>384000941
>all wrong
no. i know i need to git gud, but plenty of those are objectively true. the camera is god fucking awful, its zoomed in too close, when you're near objects it spazzes out and does 180's, during boss battles it has different logic that makes it even worse because it tends to auto-follow the boss except for when it actually matters and you have to manually take your fingers off the attack buttons to use the right analog and as soon as you spin it around the enemy attacks and you can't parry

>sam
>more fun than raiden
oh great all the great moves that raiden acquired are gone, so is the rest of the upgrades, oh but you can double jump which you should have been able to do in the first place. he can't even stealthkill, his moveset is fucking absolute shit, literally 1 attack combos
>>
>>384000941
>using analog stick during blade mode makes the aim jittery when you try to slash, so you end up using your thumb and index finger for the analog and your middle finger to press X
>parry is also X, meaning half the time you just spam flicking the left stick and pressing X, which is by the way, an attack button
>walking pace is incredibly slow and unadjusted for the stealth parts
>ninja run automatically jumps
wow great fucking controls. you plebs know nothing about game feel or actually well designed movement systems and gameplay
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.