[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this game so hated? I've only played DMC 1 and 4

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: DMC2FrontCover.jpg (33KB, 320x454px) Image search: [Google]
DMC2FrontCover.jpg
33KB, 320x454px
Why is this game so hated? I've only played DMC 1 and 4 but I hear nothing but bad things about 2. Should I just skip it and play 3 instead?
>>
>>383995104

Did you listen to those bad 2 things? The critics of 2 have been anything but vague
>>
It's better than DmC at least and innovated and brought ideas to the table still used in DMC3 and DMC4.

inb4 DmC shills
>>
File: 22.jpg (16KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
22.jpg
16KB, 210x240px
>>383995172
At least DmC now doesn't have the worst looking Dante.
>>
>>383995172
>it's better than DmC
no it's not. I mean, I hate the shit outta DmC but dmc2 is just absolutely terrible.
>>
>>383995104
Guns are better than melee weapons and the enemy design is ass.
>>
>>383995104
It's bad. If you want to play it go right ahead. It's technically "playable", there's nothing stopping you from completing it.
>>
>>383995154
From what I understand the combat doesn't feel satisfying, the levels are too large and the story isn't very good.

I'm playing 2 right now and I can see what these people are getting at. Fighting things doesn't feel as fun as it was in 1.
>>
>>383995104
No different devil arms, you always use a sword

Upgrades to devil arms only add more damage, you can't buy new skills

Early Trickster is cool but incredibly clunky and not that useful

Ranged weapons are incredibly overpowered so you'll end up shooting stuff instead of comboing stuff

Losing a combo is really easy since maps are huge so you spend most of the time walking looking for enemies

Level design is awful, very little platforming or puzzles, mostly walking through the big island and city so you get bored

Boss battles are brainless and no memorable, remember infested helicopter

Enemy designs are uninspiring compared to all other devil may crys, they look like rejected JRPG demons

Game is really buggy too and broken, it felt rushed

Villain sucks dick he's a joke, the story is mostly boring generic stuff, nothing important feels like it's happening, Lucia stuff is the only interesting stuff and Dante is obsessed with flipping coins instead of being a snarky bastard, he looks dope though

Now, there are good parts on the game, but it's really easy to know why people hate on this game
>>
>>383995639
>No different devil arms, you always use a sword
What no fist weapons? That's fuckin' gay.
>>
>>383995104
Might as well play through it once. If you never play 'bad' games, you will never be able to form an accurate opinion.
>>
>>383995104
For starters, you swing your sword by tilting and waggling the right analog stick, no buttons.
If that doesn't immediately turn you off, then there's the fact that guns are the strongest weapon in the game so there's 0 reason to use the sword to begin with.
>>
>>383995104
DMC2 is, no joke, one of the most boring games I've ever played. The combat is shit, enemies are shit, levels are huge with nothing in them, etc. It really feels like a game without focus that was just thrown together.
DmC (especially the definitive edition) is much better but still mediocre compared to DMC3.
>>
The story is also terribly directed. Cut-scenes are jarring and without context. It's not presented well, or interesting, or memorable. It's really bad.
>>
Ok so 2's shit I accept that; but what about the anime?
>>
>>383995104
It does some things better than DMC1, but others are just so awful people tend to ignore the positives altogether.

>better camera than DMC1
>you can maneuver up and around a wall
>Dante's design is my personal favorite in DMC2
>doesn't repeat bosses like DMC1
>not as much backtracking as DMC1
Just to name a few.

The game's story is absolutely atrocious, though. And there's a particular boss fight against a helicopter that is so awful I actually can't put it into words.
DMC2 has the lowest lows in the franchise, if that makes sense, but the experience overall isn't that much worse than DMC1
>>
>>383995172
>It's better than DmC at least
No, it's not.
>>
>>383998025
>anime
Dante's slice of life. It's not crazy, it's DMC1 Dante.
>>
>>383998025
It's a 7/10, you never get attached to the story because nothing important is shown, but the animation is cool, when a character from the game appears is cool, and there are funny scenes and cool stories about how demons live in his city
>>
>>383998476
I like DMC 1 Dante.
>>
>>383995172
It's really not. DmC has a bad story and terrible characters, but DMC 2 is is just godawful trash all around.
>>
File: jeremy-clarkson vietnam.png (196KB, 451x378px) Image search: [Google]
jeremy-clarkson vietnam.png
196KB, 451x378px
>mfw the only difference between difficulties is the amount of health on enemies
>no AI changes, they just wait in queue like james may to be slapped
>infested helicopter fight becomes a korean mmo
>>
File: DMC Artbook - Lucia.jpg (1MB, 2550x3501px) Image search: [Google]
DMC Artbook - Lucia.jpg
1MB, 2550x3501px
>>383995741
Trish (who you need to unlock first) has Sparda's sword and Dante's moveset from DMC1, she can drop the sword and beat enemies with her fists like Dante with Ifrit in DMC1.
>>
>>383999367
That sounds pretty cool
>>
>>383998025
it's boring. watch hellsing instead
>>
>>383995768
>If you never play 'bad' games, you will never be able to form an accurate opinion.
This is why I always complete games I buy, no matter how disappointing.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.