[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the fuck does the game spend like 80% of it on a storyline

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: until_dawn.jpg (21KB, 394x200px) Image search: [Google]
until_dawn.jpg
21KB, 394x200px
Why the fuck does the game spend like 80% of it on a storyline that is just a prank bro. And then the real threat, the wendigos. Are in it for like one hour and then the game abruptly ends. They just feel like an afterthought, they are barely explored. And the wendigo design is the most boring and cliche thing you could possibly think off.
>>
Agree with you on all but their appearance, I thought they looked pretty harrowing for what they were. They couldn't really go with the actual mythical look of them because people would just think they looked silly.

I would've actually enjoyed way more exposition on the Wendigos from the guy that hunted them.
>>
Wendigos are boring as fuck that is why
>>
Because OP it's a classic horror movie formula.
They were lulling you into a false sense of security with the slasher subplot before hitting you with the twist.
>>
>>383991635
>the wendigos. Are in it for like one hour and then the game abruptly ends. They just feel like an afterthought, they are barely explored.
Ridiculous hyperbole. They even get long stretches of lore and finding out what they are and how they're formed adds loads of context to the stuff Mike finds in the asylum (the highlight of the game).
>>
>>383991945
But it doesn't work. I was just bored by that point. In all honesty i liked the game th most during the 3 first chapters. The build up was much better than the execution.
>>
It can be pretty tricky to spend all of a movie/game on one singular threat, which is why they often break it up by way of a complete red herring or a secondary threat.
>>
I really enjoyed Josh's hallucinations scene. That was the spookiest thing in the game. If the horror was more like that i think this could have been a great and memorable game.
>>
>>383992115
Well then I guess the games isn't for you because I liked the story and the direction it took.
>>
the prank was there to justify the build up and suspense while having it make sense, they couldnt have justified all the creepy slasher shit with ash and chris if it was an actual psycho. they definitely couldve taken the game into a direction more reminiscent of slashers with 1 main psycho sure, but you'd be playing a game with far different writing to a point where the good parts before wendigo would be dramatically different since the "fake psyho" elements cant be explained away with "its just a prank" and it would need real lore

if anything i think they could've done more with the beth wendigo, i wasnt sure if she was targetting her friends on purpose due to some sort of extreme hatred, but that wouldve been a cool story element
>>
It's a red herring m8
>>
>>383991635
Wendigos are present as early as chapter 3 when you look through the binoculars.

Anyway it was decent for a game I didn't spend money on and was also an easy plat
>>
File: 1499942647386.png (610KB, 604x804px) Image search: [Google]
1499942647386.png
610KB, 604x804px
Best Girl
>>
>>383994656
>Worst Girl*
fix'd
>>
>>383991635
Because the story is intentionally written around horror movie conventions, masked slasher, vengeful ghost, ancient evil curse, premarital sex and dude it's a prank. I'm not a huge fan but it did that well.

Better than Life is Strange at least.
>>
>>383994882
No aliens?
>>
Because it's hard to sustain a contained spooky experience over 10 hours unless you're David Lynch.
>>
>>383995119
Also cosmic retribution by fucking with nature.
>>
>>383994656
fucking worthless.
>>
>>383994656
>Screams and freaks out all the time
>Believes in ghosts instantly
>Almost gets that bitch killed over nothing
>Never does anything helpful
>Outright murders her love interest if he dares to value his own life over hers
>>
File: Until Dawn™_20170714214313.jpg (190KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Until Dawn™_20170714214313.jpg
190KB, 1920x1080px
BEST GIRL
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.