[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thanks for building this scrap hunk for us, Vault Dweller. I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 507
Thread images: 85

File: IMG_0003.jpg (177KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0003.jpg
177KB, 1024x576px
Thanks for building this scrap hunk for us, Vault Dweller. I only have tetanus now.

Considering that even 3 had one, how could Fallout 4, the game that's literally about starting civilisation in a region not have a GECK to create your own Vault City?
>>
The geck was so unstable it fucking killed you so bad they retconned the ending in fo3. With mods you can build anything in fo4
>>
>>383986551
Yeah but Fallout 2 has Arroyo look amazing in the ending slide
>>
It's a good thing it's permanently summer in Fallout 4 because those scrap metal houses would offer no shelter in a New England winter
>>
>>383986395
implementing the ability to terraform, making grass and trees grow and shit like that would require more work than giving the player minecraft blocks and calling it a day
>>
>>383986730
Ive seen this exact post before
>>
>>383986395
>200 years later
>world still looks like the bombs fell last week
I really wish they'd stop doing this. 200 years is more than long enough for environments, nations and technology to adapt and arise once again
>>
>>383986749
They should have just made the build areas look cleaner and added more larger prefab structures.
Places like hangmans alley look weird because you can't clear any debris
>>
>>383986969
Sanctuary too
>>
>>383986969
It's not like the pre-made settlements were cleaned of any debris in 200 years
it fits well with the rest of the environment
>>
>>383986395
Even with sim settlements mod this aspect of the game just sucks, how do you fuck up base and settlement building?
>>
>>383986931
It's actually only been 50 years since the bombs fell.
The lack of calendars, shorter human lifespans and no working clocks have warped everyone's sense of time.
The player character also died in the cryogenic statis pod and you're actually a synth planted there by Father
>>
>>383987015
Sanctuary was weird to me, they literally had prewar versions of the house, so why couldn't they have added the option to repair an entire house for a large amount of scrap and return it to prewar state?
>>
>>383986931
The old nation tried to restore order they're called the enclave and it didn't end well. Other than that the east coast is like the wild west, Sanctuary was untouched by humans for 200 years
>>
>>383986395

If you want to make Vault City then buy the Vault-Tec Workshop™ DLC.

You can use the vault components to make pre-war quality pre-war houses on the surface.
>>
>>383987074
because nothing matters outside of the stats and arming settlers does nothing.
Random Bethesda worldbuilding causes lots of settlements to kill themselves if you're in the same well, for example, the Slog constantly running off to fight the forged.
Nothing happens to, the settlements could have been perfect for random events, maybe the ability to make a hotel which causes random travellers to arrive and sometimes get named NPCs to pop in and out with their own unique stories just like animal crossing or something.
>>
>>383986904
It's a good thing it's permanently summer in Fallout 4 because those scrap metal houses would offer no shelter in a New England winter
>>
>>383987169
There's literally random raider graffiti in one of the houses and Codsworth was cleaning up
>>
>>383987140
The houses in Sanctuary were pretty comfy, i wish they were repairable, although that would eliminate the wasteland atmosphere.
>>
>>383987254
The season pass is SEVENTY DOLLARS
>>
>>383987359
>although that would eliminate the wasteland atmosphere.
that's literally the point
>>
>>383987140
Almost nothing in the game is in pristine condition. You need to work with rusted scrap
>>
>>383987268
>>383987268
Fuck Bethesda man. Of all the people to get the fallout IP it happens to be one of the laziest and most incompetent devs in the fuckint business. Fallout 4 is so bad it can't even be saved by modders
>>
>>383987293
Ive seen this exact post before
>>
>>383987385
what the fuck, did they raise the price again?
>>
>>383987323

There's no raider graffiti anywhere in Sanctuary.
>>
>>383987081
What about all the pre war ghouls and computers that have been keeping track?
>>
>>383987359
Sanctuary itself was on a little self contained island. Would have been a perfect place for a GECK side story to turn the grass green and have nice houses,even if mud concrete Fallout 2 style. Wouldn't need to affect the rest of the world due to having water barriers too'
It's called sanctuary, so let it be a sanctuary.
>>
>>383987474
The evil spiky cat graffiti is in some buildings
Time moves faster as you get older,ever wonder where the past 5 years of your life went?
>>
>>383987293

Fallout 4 is actually permanently fall.

Why do you think there are so many leafs all over the god damned place?
>>
>>383987590
Because the raiders, institute and gunners won't leaf the place alone
>>
>>383987585

That's not raider graffiti, those are pre-war Halloween decorations.
>>
>>383986667
Dont forget vault city
>>
>>383987647
Then how did the crafting stations get to sanctuary?
>>
>>383987323
That's halloween graffiti from before the war diamond city has the same thing on Oct 31 decorations. There's not even a single bed or anything in sanctuary other than one dead raider and a dog at the end of the bridge.
>>
File: IMG_0004.jpg (52KB, 242x485px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0004.jpg
52KB, 242x485px
>>383987697
I mentioned it in the OP, but they only referred to the FO3 GECK.
Also why does FO4 have no Vault suits?
>>
>>383986667

>muslim domes everywhere
>"look amazing"

um okay kid
>>
>want to play the DLC cause running a raider camp and a vault seems fun
>don't want to pay over $100 for stupid mods and the season pass

ITS BEEN 2 YEARS TODD
>>
>>383986931
>bombs literally scorched the earth making it sterile for most pre-war crops and killed all herd animals.
>how close the glowing sea is from the Commonwealth and the constant rad storms that it brings
>the unknow years of constant anarchy and chaos that the whole state was after the bomb.
>Mirelurks, Radscorpions, Supermutants, Deathclaws and rouge military-tier robot rampaging with little to no resistance until survivors manage to organizate and have access to a decent amount of firepower and solid structures.

Give it another 100 years, society already adapted, so it's a matter of time before a new nation born there
>>
>>383987767

They were suppose to be there since before the war. The house across from the players house where all the crafting tables are were trying to restore a car before the war, and the chemistry station is behind a chem dealers house.

The only sign of post war habitation is in one of the houses where there is a skeleton behind an improvised barricade made out of furniture.

It's inconsistent with the pre-war Sanctuary in the game opening, but one of the houses changes color and another grows a new door post war so what do you expect?
>>
>>383987884
That vault suit looks closer to the old art from fo1 than fo3 and nv did. It's supposed to be a tight spandex type thing.
>>
File: 10649-0-1457227489.png (798KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
10649-0-1457227489.png
798KB, 1920x1080px
>>383987503
It would turn into The Sims. I think having a bunch of equally dilapidated settlement slums with the gas station being the lone wanderer's "batcave" is part of the atmosphere.
>>
>>383988010
Yeah it looks good, but there's no lootable ones
>>
>>383987939

Actually it's implied that things were actually better in the past, but then the Institute started dumping massive fucking amounts of Super Mutants into the world.

Even if you sided with the Institute the Institute had already stopped its FEV experiments, so with no way to replenish their numbers the Super Mutants will eventually die out.
>>
>>383987767
The chemistry one is because in one of the houses there was a drug dealer and probably some shitty reference to meth

The weapon and armor and shit is basically tools scavanged from the garage of somebody who liked to work on his car and bought a lot of fancy tools.

by game logic: to make it a tutorial section
>>
>>383988098
You know, they mention that the institute started inside the CIT basement after the war and they continued building.
How did they build and expand with such high quality materials without ever leaving?
>>
>>383988068
They give you the rusted and new looking 111 ones and vault 114 has some
>>
>>383988068
I looted one once, don't remember where.
>>
>>383987939
Then why is the west coast literally a thriving nation now?

Las Vegas was literally the new "Wild West" frontier and it was much more civilized

The east coast had the brotherhood of steel and the enclave to do something for the last hundred years

I get that the west had less bombs but 200 years is enough to have very little radiation left

People would have rebuilt, at least to a certain point

What are all the raiders raiding??? There are more raiders in one hideout than people in the biggest "city" in Boston
>>
>>383988168

If you look at the old robotics, the reactor area and most of the abandoned FEV lab, all of the shit they were using was just pre-war. Once they got the synth project up and running they could just send them out to get shit.
>>
>>383988216
Bethesda never thought to think about tribal society.
New Vegas was filled with different tribes and still is, just some of them became civilised.
Bethesda Fallout is only Raiders and civilised people
>>
File: Fo2_Vault_City_Council.png (932KB, 2571x1201px) Image search: [Google]
Fo2_Vault_City_Council.png
932KB, 2571x1201px
Meanwhile on the west coast, and 100 years before fallout 4
>>
File: spooky.jpg (248KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
spooky.jpg
248KB, 1920x1080px
I have yet to get to the DLC content, is there an appropriate settlement in base game or Far Harbor that would fit a boat captain character? Like a house near the sea or a straight up boat (although I doubt that is possible with Bethesda's engine)

>>383987929
Just pirate dude
>>
>>383988098
The institute only stopped messing with FEV because Virgil turned into a Super Mutant and fucked up the lab. The tapes in there make it clear that Father wouldn't shut down the program even after it became useless for Synth related research.
>>
>>383988315
That is because they took the fantasy template of the elder scrolls and thought it could apply to fallout.

Raiders = bandits
Super mutants = orcs
Brotherhood of Steel = knights
>>
>>383988276

Actually I'll expand on that, the old robotics may have been a part of CIT already. The ability to manufacture their own robots to go out and scavenge before the surface was habitable again would have given the Institute a considerable edge, so even before they got the synth project up and running they still had robots.
>>
>>383988357
It's a great aesthetic, they rebuilt but it doesn't resemble the pre war.

Also does Bethesda fallout not feel futuristic to anyone else? The prewar cities in 1 and 2 looked kind of weird and advanced while in 3 and 4 it just straight up looks like the old 50's with some robots
>>
>>383986667
Fallout 2's geck is just a bunch of educational reading materials, seeds, and tools. Fallout 3's geck is a magickal wonder device that the Lone Wanderer is forced to kill himself with for no reason.
>>
>>383988357
That makes me curious.
What about back down in D.C.? They should have mass purified water flowing, assuming that ends up canon, and the tree man and his little forest in that valley should have ample opportunity spread like wildfire out into the waste now.
>>
>>383988405
Institute = Thalmor
Brotherhood = Imperials
Railroad = Stormcloaks
>>
>>383988536
Fallout 4 invalidated the entire storyline of Fallout 3 by allowing you to build huge water purifiers out of bits of scrap metal.
>>
>>383988358
How do you even get to Far Harbour. I've done the Nukaworld shit, but not that.
>>
>>383988497
Exactly. Collecting it could have given access to mud, concrete and refurbished building styles.
>>
>>383988369

It's pretty obvious that Fathers objective was the continued destabilization of the surface.

Ironically the Institute is very similar to the BoS in NV. They both just want to sit in a hole in the ground and wait for the surface to die.
>>
>>383988592
Quest about a missing asian waifu leads you there,should get it from valentines radio signal
>>
>>383988486
Bethesda has so much trouble with the Fallout setting. They can't decide on on sci-fi 50's setting or complete wasteland, and it ends up being this awkward combination.

1, 2 and NV had actual worlds that were interesting beyond the 50's and NUKES.
>>
>>383988358
Taffington boathouse or Nordhagen beach could be ok.
Or Spectacle island.
There's also a sewage plant along the coast that looks high etch, just mod the building limit a little bigger
>>
>>383988536
The BoS runs that place under martial law. They took rivet city's fusion reactor to use in the prydwen. MacReady got the hell out of there for a reason. Lone Wanderer ended up making things almost as bad as the Enclave.
>>
>>383988592

You need to advance the main story to a certain point.
>>
>>383988692
Ah, it's that one. It seemed dull, so I avoided it.
>>
>>383988725
They're having trouble with the Elder Scrolls if Skyrim is any indication. Did Todd fire some good employees to make room for high school buddies?
>>
>>383988216
It's just Bethesda being lazy
Nevada and near areas were actually protected by Mr.House and his anti-missile shield

Also it is implied that the Choosen One helped shady sands into forming a new nation with near settlement, Also let's not forget the use of the GECK and the creation of Vault City.
Raiders is just a way to reffer to organizated bandits and criminal tribes like the Khans or the Vipers.
>>
>>383988486
They should've just rebooted the series/made a new ip for a post-apocalyptic 50's game. Why are their lasers when it's the 50's? Why does everything look all bel-air when it's supposedly in the future? What's with the robots and the diner aesthetic? Just do one or the other, not a weird mix of both.
>>
>>383988821
>Implying Tom had buddies in highschool

It sounds like he only had bullies.
>>
File: ford-nucleon-nuclear-car.jpg (99KB, 825x545px) Image search: [Google]
ford-nucleon-nuclear-car.jpg
99KB, 825x545px
>>383988486
It's just futuristic 50s aesthetic. The intro of FO4 makes it pretty clear.
>>
>>383988739
Sucks, would have been better if the BoS basically just stole all the tech and left back into the shadows.
Have the BoS be the institute styled faction instead and the institute less secretive. Fallout 3 institute seemed kind of better than what we got
>>
>>383988734
Thanks I will check those out
>>
>>383988850
It's not the 50's. I believe the bombs fell in Fallout around the year 2070?
>>
>>383988850
Not everything is supposed to be 50s just the clothes, music, cars etc. Weapons technology and robots got more advanced than our real world.
>>
>>383988896

I love the future 50's.

Honestly I would love to own one of the cars you see in 4.
>>
>>383988872
Good of Pete Hines and whoever does the 'animations' of Bethesda games are high school friends
>>
I think the settlement stuff in Fallout 4 is okay, but it could have been a lot better. I'm somewhat convinced that the reason is that Bethesda starts out making their RPGs will all these grand ideas, but they never end up completing them on time, so once they're near the deadline they say "alright we have all this shit, we need to prioritize. what should we focus on, and what can be slagged off reasonably?"

for example in skryim, the cooking system is just pure dogshit. a 10 year old could have come up with something better. there's no way anybody at bethesda sat down and looked at that cooking system and said "this is fucking awesome, people are going to love this great cooking system". almost all the food has the same effect, 10 or 15 health/stamina restored. but there are an absolute shitload of recipes, so this leads me to believe they were gonna make a lot more cool effects on the food like the moon sugar fondu, but didn't for whatever reason. maybe running out of time or just deciding it wasn't worth the time/money anymore. bethesda rpgs are plagued with this unfinished feel and it's sucks dick because with just a little more polish these things could be amazing.
>>
>>383988850

Because the war didn't happen in the 50s, the war happened in 2070.

Our history and Fallout diverged somewhere in the 50s or so. Basically the 50s never ended in the Fallout universe.
>>
>>383989018
For all the shit Bethesda gets I personally think they did a great job with the cars and robot designs this time around, they just look really good to me. Too bad some weapons look retarded like the Light Machinegun and its giant barrel

>>383989053
Imo retro aesthethic is fantastic in general.
>>
>>383989053
With those gas prices? I hope you got a cold fusion model.
>>
>>383989120
The games have the same feel as your fantasy games when you were 12.
It's full of THIS HAPPENS, AND THEN THIS HAPPENS, AND, AND THIS HAPPENS, with none of it really though it.
Considering that Bethesda started off as DND nerds, maybe that explains it
Most of their good content, like Oblivions Shivering Isles, Thieves guild and Dark brotherhood brought in external writers and stuff though
>>
File: qwuhrdfwpuo0tvj6pbzl.jpg (163KB, 620x444px) Image search: [Google]
qwuhrdfwpuo0tvj6pbzl.jpg
163KB, 620x444px
>>383988850
It's retrofuturism. It's like an alternate universe, despite taking place in the future.
>>
>>383989259
All the cars are nuclear and explode in a mushroom cloud?

I'd rather have a Giddyup Buttercup anways
>>
>>383988358
Longfellow's cabin in Fah Hahbah
>>
>>383988725
>They can't decide on on sci-fi 50's setting or complete wasteland, and it ends up being this awkward combination.
Ironically this is exactly why I like to come back to Fallout 3 and 4, you say it's awkward, but I kinda dig it
>>
>>383989259

Those aren't gas prices on the Red Rocket sign, those are coolant prices for the nuclear engines.

The cost is like a 10th of the gas prices we see in Fallout Tactics.
>>
>>383989316
>That bit in Wilson Atomatoys about Project SCYTHE
All I could think about was an army of horse robots with saddle-mounted lasers
>>
>The most fun I had in NV was as a mad scientist that used only explosives and fist weapons
>No grenade launcher
>Can't use grenades in VATS
>No early game explosive like dynamite
>Only the missile launcher and fatman
>Punch weapons can't be used in power armour and there isn't any point not being in power armour

Fuck. So depressing.
>>
>>383988661
The Western Brotherhood doesn't want the surface to die, they just want to safeguard weapons of mass destruction. See: Helios One, and how they sacrificed their entire chapter trying to defend it from the NCR because it had a sun-powered laser beam device in it.
>>
>>383988358
The lighthouse swarming with the children of atom already has a dock and a boat to start with I believe
>>
>>383986395
I wish there was a seperate interface for contructing settlements, as the current method is so inefficient and awkward.
>>
>>383989316

I seriously doubt they were so explody before the war, that 200 years of wear and tear did that to them.

If they actually were that fragile before the war none of them would have survived the war without exploding.
>>
File: 1491713264786.jpg (50KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1491713264786.jpg
50KB, 800x600px
I've never played F4, did it greatly improve on anything from F3? My biggest gripe with 3 is the lack of enemy variety.
>>
>>383988850
The 2070's had a massive cultural resurgence of the "golden age" of the 50's. Fallout 1 & 2 also hint at punk culture and Fallout 4 has a magazine that directly references hippie culture, plus the Atom Cats which were basically a faction centered around the 1920's/1930's Hotrodding culture. It's not as simple as a 50's time capsule, despite what /v/ seems to think.
>>
>>383989517

Did you play Veronicas mission? The Elder straight up says that their plan is to outlast the surface.
>>
>>383989418
Gas is actually expensive though, the last oil reserve was on Alaska and it became really valuable
>>
>>383989517
that was because elijah was a fucking nutcase who wanted to use archimedes and was willing to sacrifice a bunch of BoS to get it. everybody else wanted to gtfo because it wasn't a safe underground bunker.

although they probably would have come back for it later.
>>
>>383987939
in fallout 1 lore the skies were blackened for 100 years and 90% of all plant and animal life died as well
>>
>>383989316
Fusion cores blow up when you shoot the back of power armor just like the cars do.
>>
>>383989701

Yes, that's what I said. That gas is ten times the price of the coolant nuclear cars used.
>>
>>383989596
Basically the same but with 2 versions of Cazadores added and random 'legendary' enemies that you need to kill twice because they 'mutate'
>>
>>383989240
Bethesda absolutely nailed the robot designs in Fallout 4. If there is ONE thing that I unequivocally love in Bethesda's Fallout games, it's the robots. Fallout 1 & 2 were pretty lacking in that department.
>>
>>383989786

Not cazadors, giant mosquitoes and wasps.
>>
>>383989786
thats a shame
I guess bethesda games are just shit without mods
>>
>>383989596
You have old timey robots which come in a few variations, a couple new. Gouls. Raiders. Super Mutants, some giant bugs, mirelurks and animals like bears and deathclaws and then Synths, which are just people shaped robots.

So basically the same. They are quite enjoyable to shoot though. I find Gouls and Synths are fun. Like you can shoot a goul in the leg and blow its leg off and it falls over so you can shoot it in the head. Synths and robots have panels and armour break off, which is nice.
>>
>>383989596
It has raiders, gunners, ferals, super mutants, crazy robots, synths, bos, radscorpions etc. They get tougher versions as you level up.
>>
>>383989891

If you shoot off all of a robots guns it will charge at you and self destruct.
>>
>>383989980
I've never actually seen that outside of a Assaultron with it's legs blown off
>>
File: 1475601362777.jpg (296KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1475601362777.jpg
296KB, 1920x1080px
>>383989596
im still mad that the enclave didnt have super mutant soldiers like frank horrigan in f3
>>
>>383990105
The enclave was just too scared of Horrigan to say anything they don't commonly have mutants in their ranks
>>
>>383989120
Ironically food in fallout 4 is great. Well done bethesfa, but oops you forgot the roleplaying.
>>
>>383990105
How did those graphics age so badly?
>>
>>383990274
Food eliminates the need for stimpaks you can just spend the first 40 levels cooking all the food you pick off dead things and horde hundreds of stimpaks cause they drop like candy on raiders and stuff now.
>>
The crafting is cool, but I don't like how it changes the flow of the gameplay.

Instead of exploring because the location is interesting, or I'm doing a quest or something, I'm just going into everything to get more adhesive to upgrade my shit. It doesn't feel like an RPG any more.
>>
File: 1455272279494.jpg (92KB, 854x566px) Image search: [Google]
1455272279494.jpg
92KB, 854x566px
One of the few satisfying things I found in F4 was to set up a supply chain network with heavily armed sentrybots as the provisioners.
It was beautiful. Nice neat lines following the major roads, with places like Starlight Drive-In acting as hubs, and the gift of high-explosives being given freely to everything that so much as twitched along those routes.
>>
The greatest problem with Bethesda games is that eating/sleeping/drinking isn't important and money is too easy to find. It's barely roleplaying.
>>
>>383990401
Food's better anyways because there's no animation for it like the stimpak injection
>>383990412
>Quest
There were non radiant quests in the game? All I remember is Travis
>>
File: nv1.jpg (508KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
nv1.jpg
508KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>383990401

Survival further reduces the need for stimpacks since using them makes you thirsty.

I think the trade off is that food heals you at an incredibly slow rate.
>>
File: 1334604490883.jpg (90KB, 500x540px) Image search: [Google]
1334604490883.jpg
90KB, 500x540px
>You have a safe, empty vault all for yourself from the very start of the game
>Let's build a crummy settlement from garbage we find on the street!
>>
File: nv2.jpg (168KB, 520x1080px) Image search: [Google]
nv2.jpg
168KB, 520x1080px
>>383990485
>>
File: nv3.jpg (435KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
nv3.jpg
435KB, 1920x1080px
>>383990540
>>
File: 1499754769407.gif (721KB, 446x251px) Image search: [Google]
1499754769407.gif
721KB, 446x251px
>>383990540
>>383990485
>>
>>383990586

Super mutant babies? Fans clearly don't care about the lore.
>>
File: 1499353143757.png (102KB, 303x343px) Image search: [Google]
1499353143757.png
102KB, 303x343px
>>383990586
I see, I see. Very interesting.
>>
File: 20170715032359_1.jpg (214KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170715032359_1.jpg
214KB, 1366x768px
At least put a little effort into your towns OP, that looks like shit.

My Starlight even comes complete with a brothel.
>>
File: 1498132127493.jpg (1MB, 1915x901px) Image search: [Google]
1498132127493.jpg
1MB, 1915x901px
Will they ever make a return?
>>
My main problem with Fallout 4 is the setting. Almost every fucking qualm I have with the game comes from the sheer retardation of the Institute.

Why did the Institute keep making super mutants after they no longer wanted to actually progress with them? How did nobody figure out that there are super mutants despite there being no FEV in the Commonwealth, and that maybe a certain shadowy organization had put them there to fuck shit up? Why did they murder an entire vault of pure humans when they could've used them for various experiments? How the FUCK did their leader die of cancer when even a MkI Mr. Handy that was 40 years out of date by 2077 managed to cure every single disease? Why do they use Gen 3 synths for menial labour when they could just attach a welder to a Mr. Handy and call it a day? Why are they working on replacing their robotic synth workforce with fleshy beings specifically designed to blend into society rather than water plants? Why do they 3D print people and get surprised when they learned that 3D printed people act like people? Why are they acting like synth free will is a bug, despite every single synth in the Institute not having a synth chip and thus implying that synths don't need a synth chip to be sentient? Why do their synth agents on the surface obey their every command, I.E McDonough and that one synth on the farm? Why are their synth agents, which are critical to their surface operations and have been built from the ground up to blend in, not act like people? Roger Warwick and McDonough are noticeably not human, and every person including a reporter and a ten year old can figure out their true identity or at least suspect it? Why are they fucking with the surface in the first place? Why is it that instead of just having Kellogg teleport Shaun's daddy in, they have him slog through the wastes and become a husk of a man before putting him in charge, when he's clearly unhinged from the hundreds of lives he's snuffed out to find his son?
>>
File: 1486345321098.png (828KB, 785x1070px) Image search: [Google]
1486345321098.png
828KB, 785x1070px
>>383990485
>>383990540
>>383990586
For once, I'm glad I decided to lurk a fallout thread.
>>
>>383990540
>>383990586

>VAL 1999
>>
File: psp.jpg (64KB, 412x574px) Image search: [Google]
psp.jpg
64KB, 412x574px
>>383990540
>>
You can use a rocket backpack in F4, right? How does the game stop you from entering Diamond City from the air? Collision walls?
>>
>>383990586
That fucking baby mutant made me laugh due to how stupid it looks
>>
>>383990586
>baby male behemoth is fucking pissed
>>
>>383990472
There's 30 or 40 of them spread around the map. I stumbled upon a quest recently where some guy was using feral ghoul meat and selling it in a can
>>
>>383990714
How did you build the roads?
Also that would exceed the PS4 build limit
>>
>>383990862
I'm not sure about that but if you fall into Diamond City and Good Neighbour by jumping into them from high up in power armour, you end up in them albeit at the entrance
>>
>>383990743

And why does the institute replace people? Why not create synths with new personalities and send them off to join a settlement. Replacing people just causes suspicion!
>>
File: 1496355154542.jpg (39KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
1496355154542.jpg
39KB, 375x375px
>>383990586
>Baby Male Behemoth
>Value: 1999
>>
>>383990890
If those things were inside the woman, they would've eaten tne human fetuses and then bit their way out.
>>
>>383990974
Why not just stick the Synth component into the original human if Model 3 Synths are otherwise exactly the same?
>>
>>383989850
I don't think he meant actual insects.He means bastard annoying enemies.
I think.
>>
>infiltrate the Institute on behalf of the railroad
>return to Desdemona
>"Good news, they put me in charge and I can just ORDER the Institute to not be evil!"
>have no option to bring this up
>the only option I get is to lead an armed synth revolt and kill everyone inside before blowing the place up
why
>>
>>383991056
They're both swarming poisoning flying enemies.
>>
>>383990928
Use a mod to expand the build limit
>>
>>383990928
>PS4
Oh, so that's why. Do you not have access to the Sim Settlements mod? I don't know what modding on the consoles entails, but I know you guys get some scraps, and Sim Settlements is probably the most popular.
>>
>>383991058
>>"Good news, they put me in charge and I can just ORDER the Institute to not be evil!"
>implying that would work
The institute scientists have a god complex m8. They'd just do shady shit in secret. The only way they'd stop properly is if the protag went around executing people for breaking the rules, at which point there'd be (un)civil unrest.
>>
>>383991132
Sony forbid the use of scripts, textures, or pretty much any external assets for mods.
I'm not buying Todd's game again so I'm stuck with the shittiest version of the game.
>>
>>383987081
Wew. Good thing I never intended to play Fallout 4 anyway...
>>
>>383991058
>Simultaneously be head of of Minutemen, having founded dozens on new towns and high ranking member of BoS we access to all their technology
>Still getting grief off diamond city guards
>>
>>383991132
Sony fucked us and we can only use in game assets

Skyrim has a ton of great mods and the modern stretched the limits of what they could make, but the modding community for fallout 4 fucking sucks and all the PS4 mods fucking suck
>>
>>383991197
not that guy but ps4 is just an inferior pc anyway
time to make the upgrade
>>
>>383990928
There's a glitch or something where you take a bunch of weapons from the workbench and drop on the ground and store them in them back in the workbench one by one reducing the size limit. Works on every version of the game.
>>
>>383991174
There are numerous people in the Institute who think that Synths are sentient. The only reason why the Institute is so retarded is because of Shaun, the god complexes could be manageable if they weren't encouraged.
For example, Shaun tells his people to just stop doing cybernetic work. And, just like that, they stop doing cybernetic work.
Of course shady shit would still happen, but not to the extent it was before.
>>
>>383991197
What does this leave in terms of mods ,except GameShark esque shit like "1000 of every item" mod or "remove shrubs"?Genuinely asking.Are any ps4 mods worth anything?
>>
>>383991267
>perform hostile takeover of Institute with the Minutemen
>blow it up for no reason
we could have at least taken some willing scientists and most of the tech with us.
>>
Was I the only one who immediately shot Father in the face upon reaching the institute?
>>
>>383991385
What you just described is literally all the PS4 mods have to offer. I'm not even kidding. We can only tweak flags in the game engine, but not scripts because that requires us to bundle a script to "override" the vanilla one.
>>
>>383991385
It's pretty much all 'cheat chests', player homes and exp tweak items. There are some okay crafting mods (like being able to add legendary traits to weapons), and there's a set of decent foliage mods.
It's a pretty poor selection overall.
>>
>>383991443
nope. funniest thing is that sequence breaks the game and you are shot at through the walls by dozens of synths, and also you're locked in
>>
>>383990714
Post proof of brothel.
>>
>>383991197
The assets you can unlock on PS4 are still pretty substantial. You get everything they used in the game to build with the only downside is most things don't snap but you can work around that.
>>
>>383991385
There's a settlement mod that adds every in game asset as a plop-able, even including stuff like the Bunker hill monument, so you can improve them but there's no new wall, floor or roof pieces or the like
All mods disable trophies though
>>
File: StarlightBrothel.jpg (204KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
StarlightBrothel.jpg
204KB, 1366x768px
>>383991197
>>383991268
Jesus anons, I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully in the future you don't fall for the console meme.

>>383991519
Pic related
>>
>>383991538
>implying not snapping is bad
I like not building square mine craft shit
>>
>>383991268
>Skyrim has a ton of great mods
Had. Bethesda split the community in half by their fucking minimal effort "Speshul Edition" bullshit that wasn't compatible with Original Skyrim mods and still doesn't have script extender last time I checked, then they split those halves into more halves with Creation Club in which the best modders are leaving their free mods in a state of abandonment in exchange for shittily paying contracts with Bethesda.
>>
>>383991637
You know, concrete would look pretty good if it wasn't the exact same texture for every piece of concrete
>>
>>383988497
>Fallout 2's geck is just a bunch of educational reading materials, seeds, and tools
no its not
>>
>>383990312

They didn't, they looked shit at the time.
>>
>>383990261
they could have put mind control devices on them like they did with deathclaws
>>
>>383991637
Did FO4 finally get sex mods?
>>
>>383991683
Fucking this. The same with all the metal pieces with all the holes in the exact same place
>>
>>383991684
It straight up says that it's instructions for disassembling the vault and rebuilding things
>>383991706
I remember Xplay giving Fallout 3 the best Voice Acting award, lol
>>
>>383991643
>Creation Club
Don't remind me. I still can't believe they've gotten away with third-party DLC.
>>
>>383991757
Just wait, next will be a Bethesda operating system for computers which you need to play their games
>>
>>383991409
Or at least lived there since Garvey has such a hard-on for establishing settlements
>>
>>383991684
that's literally what it was. it wasn't a wonder device
>>
>>383991846
I don't think that a settlement there would work, just because there'd be no non-Institute scientists to keep it functioning.
Speaking of, where the fuck are all of the Commonwealth's scientists? How is there no Followers of the Apocalypse type of faction? Smart people tend to band together when everybody else is stupid.
>>
>>383991934
pretty sure the geck was always a terraforming module
>>
>>383991739
Yes, it's not quite as polished as what skyrim has, but it seems they've released to the public.
>>
>>383991409
The minutemen are redneck settlers with guns they don't care about institute tech
>>
>>383992101
It is. However, it doesn't do anything on its own. It provides the tools, technologies, resources and knowhow to create a thriving community. Fallout 3's GECK uses magic to transform the earth.
>>
>>383992317
You're right about the seeds, tools, and technologies, but the geck does transform irraditated soil into clean soil that's viable for farming. It's always been that way.
>>
>>383992161
>they don't care about Institute tech
But I do, and I'm the General and I tell them what to do.
>>
>>383992402
Purifying dirt isn't exactly magic, though. Fallout 3 played it fast and loose with what the GECK could do.
>>
>>383992040
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6PMH4uGasQ

After you blow up the institute all the surviving scientists integrate into the wasteland population
>>
>>383992597
That's what always confused me. The remaining Institute scientists are totally cool with the Minutemen destroying their home, but I can't just keep the Institute intact and let the science nerds help out the wasteland.
>>
>>383992776
It's not like they have the resources or logistics to start fighting the minutemen again, they're practically refugees.
>>
>>383992776
It's like when the school bully offers you an apple juice
>>
>>383992776
You cause a big incident with a couple scientists by just being named the successor. You can't just fully change the whole beliefs of the institute without pissing people off. X6-88 is representative of their true beliefs and he wants all surface dwellers to die out so the institute inherits the earth. The older models synths roaming around have shoot-to-kill programming on all wastelanders.
>>
File: Screenshot-Original (35).png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot-Original (35).png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>383986730
>>383987293
New England winter almost makes you wish for permanent summer in Fallout 4.
>>
Why the fuck are there still piles of rubble,bent and rusted trashcans, ruined cars and shit in permanent settlements? These people literally have nothing to do but sit and wait to get raped by raiders. Clean that shit up. The builder mode only made me more irritated by this because there were still things you couldn't clean up.
>>
>>383993401
Same reason as to why you can't clear the dead bodies from Drumlins diner, sunshine co-op and other settlements.
>>
File: 1463650226644.jpg (563KB, 1500x1714px) Image search: [Google]
1463650226644.jpg
563KB, 1500x1714px
Back in 2007 NWA were hysterical that FO3, among other things, was going to abandon the retrofuturistic 50's aesthetic and become too serious and realistic, and thus not a "true" Fallout game.
Fast forward, anti-Bethesda fans, who are now mostly NV fans, tell us that the 50's aesthetic was Bethesda's invention all along.
Funnily enough, this isn't even accurate as NV has just as much, if not more of a 50s vibe than FO3/4
I love contrarianism. I can't wait to see the 2027 comments about this.
>>
>>383993401
This
You can scrap entire buildings but can't remove some trash or mounds of dirt
>>
>>383993401
>in fallout 3 newspapers and magazines are laying the street fucking everywhere even though paper would have broken down by the elements are 200 fucking years
I'm glad there is a mod that removes shit like that. I'm fine with sealed food still being fresh thanks to freaky space age jetsons tier preservatives and things in the fallout universe but sometimes bethesda design choices are so lazy.
>>
File: 1487796479914.jpg (118KB, 406x364px) Image search: [Google]
1487796479914.jpg
118KB, 406x364px
>>383990485
>>383990540
>>383990586
Not this shit again
>>
>>383993670
It's required reading for all Fallout threads. Just be glad it's not the shit vault.
>>
>>383993401
>>383993513
I'm assuming you two don't play on PC because there's a mod for exactly that
>>
>>383993717
>the shit vault
Now I'm curious
>>
>>383991058
>no why
>>
>>383993795
No I have pc it's just weird to me that bethesda didn't already have a feature to that
>>
>>383987081
Why does codsworth say it's been 200ish years?
>>
>>383993491
the 50's futuristic style has literally always been present in the Fallout series, it's just that everything was too nuked to shit to really realize just how 50's aesthetic the world was. Everything, from the guns in Fallout 1 & 2 to the cars and the robot designs, hint at a 50's theme.
>>
File: ToddFace.jpg (1MB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
ToddFace.jpg
1MB, 5000x5000px
>>383986395
IT JUST WORKS
>>
>>383993491
>NV has just as much, if not more of a 50s vibe than FO3/4
NV very clearly has a wild west meets high rolling style. The only thing that's really 50's about NV is the way some characters talk, like Benny who is a straight up Rat Pack caricature which is way more intrinsic to Vegas' identity than it ever was with the 50's.
>>
>>383993898
His clock battery ran out and returned to factory settings. He's' referring to 200 years in the past rather than the future
>>
Why do people still live in filth? You can find perfectly good brooms in the game, for fuck's sake.

The only thing I can think of is it's because all of the water seems to still give you AIDs so no one cleans or something.
>>
>>383993898
Because it has been 200 years and you're a real human
>>
File: IMG_0006.jpg (37KB, 491x299px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0006.jpg
37KB, 491x299px
>>383993913
The architecture is less futurey though. It's better in Fallout 4, maybe 3 had too many engine limitations, but doesn't match any of the hopeful concept art for the original 3.
Also what happened to that Fallout MMO that was meant to happen?
>>
>>383993802
/v/ thought up a vault one time. Basically, it was a bunch of isolated rooms that were on constant rotation around eachother. The only contact that people had with the other rooms was a small hole in each room that would peer into the adjacent room.
There was dicksucking and wallsex, of course, but there was an increasing amount of shitters who slowly went insane and started shitting through the walls. There were also skelly people who starved themselves so that they could fit through the hole, and subsequently murdered whoever was adjacent to them. Eventually there were "Death Rooms," which was where people put the corpses of murdered/expired vault dwellers.
>>
File: 2000% mad.jpg (40KB, 500x738px) Image search: [Google]
2000% mad.jpg
40KB, 500x738px
Can someone tell me why every fucking enemy in this game aggroes you if you just show your face to them, even if they were already in combat with someone else? Does this happen in vanilla or is it one of my mods?
It's fucking infuriating because it makes companions near useless. They already deal little damage with the mods I have, and unless I hide from the enemy they don't even tank damage for me because the enemies just attack me even if I didn't harm them
>walk into cambridge police station courtyard
>Danse & company plus Piper
>million ghouls swarm in but they all just attack me for no reason even if they are being shot at by Danse and Piper
>>
>>383994076
>fallout MMO
I've never heard of such a thing. Sauce pls
>>
File: 1482784780703.jpg (333KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1482784780703.jpg
333KB, 600x600px
>>383994094
Oh jesus christ. That's the shit vault.
Yeah fuck me, can't believe I forgot about that monster.
>>
>>383987901
I'd tell you not to embarass yourself but you already have a trip so that would be redundant
>>
>>383993965
Wastelanders are just lazy and like living in filth. The BoS cleans up that police station after the prydwen arrives and sets up new beds and desks everywhere.
>>
File: 1441937425986.png (285KB, 586x634px) Image search: [Google]
1441937425986.png
285KB, 586x634px
>>383994117
>wearing full raider power armor
>instant aggro
>>
File: IMG_0007.jpg (1007KB, 1600x627px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0007.jpg
1007KB, 1600x627px
>>383994153
I think Interplay was making it and Bethesda Sued them to get full ownership of Fallout.
Here's concept art

This was after Interplay sold the rights, but they were meant to be allowed to still make Fallout games
>>
File: 1499958374474.jpg (264KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
1499958374474.jpg
264KB, 550x550px
>takes a few hours to clean a house
>people just live there like pigs and think it's alright
Oh wait I forgot, they are AMERICANS
>>
>>383987901
We'll they basically are desert people now, which is similar to most Muslim countries so of course the architecture would be similar, as it's designed to deal with heat.
If anything post apocalyptic California and Nevada would look like Assassins creed 1
>>
File: 1497305775671.jpg (30KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
1497305775671.jpg
30KB, 576x432px
>>383994279
>people keep ruined books on shelves in their permanent dwelling

Just make them prewar books for fucks sake. Why would anyone keep books you can't read on a fucking bookshelf?
>>
>>383994270
Oh. Met the exact same fate as Fallout Van Buren and Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel 2, then?
I fucking hate Zenimax so goddamn much.
>>
>>383994416
>borotherhood of steel 2
Maybe thank Bethesda for that one
>>
>>383994117
They usually go after your companion especially melee ones. Strong with a super sledge kicks major ass
>>
>>383994376
Vault City, Arroyo, and Shady Sands/NCR all use something called Sandcrete. It's the same shit that muslim countries use, and for good reason. It's sturdy, heat-resistant and cheap.
>>
File: 1488797562730.png (2MB, 2916x2682px) Image search: [Google]
1488797562730.png
2MB, 2916x2682px
>>
>>383994457
We did end up getting Brotherhood of Steel 2 from Bethesda, though.
it's called Fallout 3
>>
>>383994270
fuck bethesda but as garbage as mmos are I think a bullet was dodged there
>>
>>383994490
Shame New Vegas had nothing like it. It's architechially very simple so they could have just made boxes and put a texture on it, which would have looked better than some of the current NCR bases or the Cesars legion fort being scrap and tents.

Why didn't the Boomers have a GECK? Or the one that Michaelango and the doctor came out of
>>
>>383994553
>Not wanting to start a war and that's racist against Ghoul players
>>
>>383989596
The only single thing that Fallout 4 did better was the gunplay, you can actually aim properly and shoot shit with guns at a fast pace now.
Too bad the guns in the game are complete shit, the legendary system is complete garbage and any gun can be turned into the best version just through weapon modding
>>
File: 1464979595078.jpg (268KB, 1535x922px) Image search: [Google]
1464979595078.jpg
268KB, 1535x922px
>>383990485
>>
File: Fallout_3_Talon_Company_Banner.png (152KB, 768x440px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout_3_Talon_Company_Banner.png
152KB, 768x440px
>>383990742
We can only hope.
>>
>>383994620
NV was mostly built with fo3 assets. Most of the new stuff was devoted to weapons, posters, some enemies and the city of new vegas.
>>
>>383994763
that's kinda hot
>>
>>383987254
Thx for the tip, todd
>>
I don't get why fallout games get a pass for their godawful graphics. They look like something from 2005.
>>
File: 1423371390497.png (5KB, 298x249px) Image search: [Google]
1423371390497.png
5KB, 298x249px
>FO4 thread without massive amounts of shitposting
I"m surprised honestly
>>
>>383995157
Overhaul mods are implied for basically every Bethesda game.
>>
>>383995157
Fo3 and NV are from a 2006 oblivion engine
>>
>>383995224
>>383995252
That's such lazy bullshit. I basically pirate every game so voting with my wallet is a foreign concept to me, but you guys pay for games right? How do games this shit have any sales?
>>
>>383994763
So is this the Yes, No (Yes) and Sarcastic Yes I have been reading about?
>>
File: PiPeR.png (781KB, 1728x1080px) Image search: [Google]
PiPeR.png
781KB, 1728x1080px
>Be me, a reporter from Diamond City
>Things are as normal as any other day in the Commonwealth
>But then
>A man from a vault shows up to town looking for his kidnapped son
>Ooh, this would make for a great interview for my newspaper
>Offer to travel with him in exchange for an interview
>He agrees, immediately ditches his robot butler, and we start travelling
>Couple of hours in
>He picks a lock
>O my fuk, that was kinda hot
>Light vaginal vibrations occur
>He does it a couple more times over the next few hours
>My coochie moistens in a rapid fashion, evenly and thoroughly
>I feel like I can open up to this man about my life story
>He picks some more locks
>I am now ferociously frothing from my vertical bacon sandwich, my underpants are fizzy
>I can, without a doubt, trust this man with my life. I know it in my heart
>He picks yet a few more locks
>My furburger now resembles Fidel Castro after eating soup with no hands
>Slobbering and convulsing with a fiery passion, my lady parts scream to me: "This man is the one"
>I agree 100% with my cunt's thoughts on the matter
>Before I even get to tell my travelling partner this, he tells me he sees me as more than a friend
>I am in love
>Life is perfect
>mfw I only met him yesterday
>mfw he ditches me the very next day to fuck the french robot
>>
>>383995370
No these actually have different consequences and change what happens next
>>
>>383995359
Unironically normies. Not the /pol/ concept of "hurrr fukin normal people reeee," but rather blue collar workers who really don't give a shit about the franchise and just want to shoot things before going to bed.
>>
>>383995191
Honestly, /v/ has been doing a lot better lately. As far as I can tell, we recently got a new janitor and he's been obliterating LOL threads and general shitposting.
>>
File: Happy guy.gif (1000KB, 600x302px) Image search: [Google]
Happy guy.gif
1000KB, 600x302px
>>383995252
>2006 oblivion engine
I think you mean 2002 Morrowind engine.
>>
File: birb protecc.jpg (126KB, 452x703px) Image search: [Google]
birb protecc.jpg
126KB, 452x703px
>200 years after war
>Months after colony was founded and is thriving
>Not a single person has thought to fix the wooden bridge

At least in Fallout 4 people had farms and shit.
>>
>>383995359
>How do games this shit have any sales?
Well NV is seven years old. F3 is nine. Most people were introduced to these games on 360/PS3 where graphics weren't exactly cutting edge. Plus the go on sale through steam for maybe $5 fairly often or the entire collection of games will go on sale for $20. I doubt many new people would jump on if they were introduced to it today, but the people who've played it for awhile see no problem with it. Well they do, hence the overhaul mods, but they're far from unplayable.
>>
>>383995521
Oh shit is this true? Can I start treating /v/ like /a/ where my reports actually matter
>>
>>383995416
>Create druggie character with Cait
>Does a 180 and becomes hardcore straight edge after her quest

I suppose it's funny that a former addict would become like that but still
>>
>>383995416
underrated
>>
>>383995621
I have noticed a considerable uptick in political images tied to "what games let me *whatever the image is about*?" getting deleted so the thread inadvertently becomes about discussing games. I'm sure it drives shitposters crazy to see hundreds of actual posts in their shitposting bait thread.
>>
>>383995521
>we recently got a new janitor and he's been obliterating LOL threads and general shitposting.
Literally a based god if true
>>
File: Fuck you.jpg (107KB, 680x381px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck you.jpg
107KB, 680x381px
>>383995685
>her parents waited until she was 18 to sell her as a sex slave
>>
>>383990510
Fucking this.
>>
>>383995929
That being said, whoever it is, they also seem to be deleting stuff that might be slightly off-topic but is still fun, just because they don't like it.
>>
File: 1496063972951.jpg (73KB, 534x512px) Image search: [Google]
1496063972951.jpg
73KB, 534x512px
>>383990510
This thought had not occurred to me until your post and I am now very angry. Thank you, anon.
>>
>>383996153
Hey yeah, wasn't there even a decent sized living space for the staff? Why couldn't the vault be a settlement, they could freeze anyone who breaks in
>>
>>383995685
Why did she need to go to the vault to cure her addiction when there's addictol everywhere?
>>383996073
Bethesda can't offend people. Ever wonder why there's no 50's style racism, sexism or homophobia and the church in diamond city accepts all religions?
>>
>>383987293
>>383986730
It takes place right after Halloween, there is still decorations up and everything
>>
>>383996213
Yeah, the other day there was a filename thread with some genuine discussion going on that got deleted. Still though, I'd rather have the /v/ we have now than the one we had a year ago.
>>
>>383996320
>Bethesda can't offend people.
That's just modern games in general. If any developers allowed those things rabid sjws and leftists would dox them and destroy their careers.
>>
>>383996320
I liked how New Vegas had the balls to add in a sex trafficking ring, in which one of the victims was a small child that was brutally raped and murdered via flamethrower.
>>
>>383996267
Someone gets badly injured? Freeze them until you can get supplies or a doctor to come and help. Plus, if you weren't running all the cryopods just think of how much extra energy the vault would have since it wasn't perpetually cooling all the pods like it was designed to.

>>383996320
>In NV you can literally tell a rape victim to stop being such a pussy and just go see a doctor
>Bethesda won't even acknowledge child slavery

Bravo, Todd.
>>
File: IMG_0010.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0010.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
Diamond city looks kind of cool until you discover it's actually 150 years old and somehow still scrap
>>
>>383995416
Is this pasta? It's pretty good if it is.
>>
>>383996427
Blue boards are not meant to be gross anarchy, but they're not supposed to be always straight edge professional either, 4chan is supposed to be a fun place where you can say and show and laugh about things without getting banned for hurting someone's feelings.
>>
>>383996213
>the Gachi thread about the new video that came out was deleted
>>
>>383996515
>"the best city in the Commonwealth"
>water purifier is run by an 8 year old who was directly involved in somebody's death and also tells security to fuck off on a daily basis
>8 year old is unkillable
>8 year old takes over Diamond City Radio if Travis dies and shills his water every fucking talk break
>>
>>383996515
Also after so many years, why couldn't they think about using those light stands on the edges for security, lighting up the streets of the commonwealth for the guards to snipe raiders and whatever, or simply use hardened dirt for the road instead of wooden and metal scrap boards that are probably full of rust and old nails. Or even just occupy the entire stands area and use the entire field for a large farming co-op.
Why did they just make Megaton 2.0? If Covanent could repair itself to a pre war state why can't a large city full of resources? Goodneighbour makes more sense as a city even.

Also wish places like Greygarden and the Slog were more developed, instead of just having one introductory quest.
>>
>>383996213
>>383996634
Maybe a little overzealous with the autosage as well but overall, not bad. Maybe once shitposters can't get the instant high from shitting up the place they'll relax a little bit on the off topic stuff.
>>
>>383996485
Where the hell is that mentioned? I'm like 1400 hours deep and have no idea what you're on about.
>>
>>383996515
Wait a second. How the fuck did that bus get all the way up there?
>>
>>383996662
>8 year old takes over Diamond City Radio if Travis dies and shills his water every fucking talk break
didn't know that. hilarious
>>
>>383990412
>crafting
I hate how it's applied to Fallout 4, because Fallout 4 doesn't have weapon crafting, it's an ugly form of progression system, there is no reason for you not to get only most costly upgrade for a weapon.
>>
File: 1425810567642.png (25KB, 289x141px) Image search: [Google]
1425810567642.png
25KB, 289x141px
>>383996634
That was such a fucking shitshow, full of newfriends who thought Gachimuchi is a Twitch meme for some reason and in shitting on it for that they exposed themselves as stupid faggots who've been here a matter of months.
>>
File: 1470581429452.jpg (59KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1470581429452.jpg
59KB, 500x500px
>>383986931
>Brooms everywhere
>Nobody sweeps up the 200 year old piles of garbage in the house
>Nobody removes the 200 year old skeletons from their shop
>Nobody clears the roads they've used for trading for hundreds of years
>and you're not allowed do any of the above without mods or a glitch
>>
>>383996749
There's a quest you get from aerotech park to investigate missing refugees for the NCR
>>
>>383996662
How can Travis die tho? I thought he's unkillable.
>>
>>383996993
>Nobody clears the roads they've used for trading for hundreds of years

Holy fucking shit this. This is something that gets me every time i play NV. That game has such a huge focus on caravans but all the roads are full of shit that would take a few minutes at most to move and make travel easier.
>>
>>383996827
not interested in discussing how realistic things are in an alternate universe post-apoc game w/ talking mutants and ghouls
>>
>>383997052
He's protected so he will go into a kneeling state, but you can kill him while kneeling
>>
>>383994693
>get a legendary wounding automatic pipe pistol early in the game
>never find any weapon better than that
>>
>>383997031
Oh yeah I think I know the quest you mean, not actually done it myself just remember reading about it quite recently, cheers anon.
>>
>>383996971
Yeah, these threads used to be stickied. But the fact that it was deleted means that one of the janitors or the mods is a newfag.
>>
File: 1483669470346.jpg (110KB, 595x470px) Image search: [Google]
1483669470346.jpg
110KB, 595x470px
>Make a good character creation system for the first time
>Vast majority of your random settlers have sameface syndrome
>>
>>383996749
Cookcook and the child slavers, also I think theres a kid in caesers camp too but I dont quite remember
>>
>>383997103
Thanks Pete

Though they probably used the industrial elevator or something
>>
>>383997153
I get why they did it, but removing weapon degradation was a mistake. There is absolutely no penalty in the game for selling every gun and ammo type besides the one you have that's OP so you never run out of ammo.
>>
>>383996880
You can kill Travis any time you want it just isn't an option in his quest even though the bartender jokes about it. There's probably a bunch of stuff people don't know about like the BoS attacking your artillery sites after the main quest and going to war with the minutemen if you're enemies.
>>
>>383997157
I thought it was the sniper who was raped.
>>
File: vault 120.png (1MB, 2416x4450px) Image search: [Google]
vault 120.png
1MB, 2416x4450px
>>383994094
>>
>>383997225
Yeah that was the worst part of it, retards who are new to the site exposing their ignorance of it is just a fact of life here but that someone with the power to delete shared that ignorance and stuck with it even after people pointed that out is disgusting.
>>
>>383996749
along with what others said, one of the female NCR rangers was a rape victim and you can tell her to shut the fuck up and go see a doctor
>>
>>383990714
Did they make it so that walls are actually useful rather than doing nothing against attackers?
I spent too much time setting up walls and checkpoints with turrets/guards just to find out it was all useless.
Either the enemies teleport in still or they bug out and get stuck.
>>
>>383997312
Oh right. Why is the Bartnender Russian, why is Cait Irish? Where are all these foreign people coming from when there's no working boats or anything
>>
>>383997321
You're thinking of something else, Betsy from 1st Recon, you meet her in McCarran and later Forlorn Hope.
>>
>>383996960
Not exactly. Stuff like single shot is good for ammo conservation. Some upgrades can reduce range by a lot which might not be viable depending on how you play.

Armor crafting is more flexible in that department though with more variable upgrades.
>>
>>383997153
I found a bleeding submachine gun that did 20 points of bleeding damage with every shot early on.
The bleed damage ignored all armor including mirelurk's shells and power armor, ammo was everywhere, and the gun fired extremely fast.

I kept that weapon all the way through the game.
>>
>>383996971
>full of newfriends who thought Gachimuchi is a Twitch meme for some reason
because of shit like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBkD7yVDxW4
apperantly there's an edit of some mainstream song with Gachi sounds added that suddenly became a meme on Twitch
>>
>>383997442
She was abused by the fiends though right?
New vegas could be pretty dark at times
>>
>>383997384
FO3 had foreigners like Moriarty and Dukov as well. You use boats to get to point lookout and far harbor so it's not impossible.
>>
>>383997321
It was. It's actually a web of rape victims, that starts from two people in Westside who spread their trafficking ring outwards.
>>
File: 1499341071257.jpg (33KB, 276x233px) Image search: [Google]
1499341071257.jpg
33KB, 276x233px
>>383997517
What the fuck am I looking at? is he streaming CS in front of a crowd of people on stage with a light show? What the fuck is this?
>>
>>383997519
Yeah, she and I think 10 of Spades (another member of 1st Recon) were caught by Cook-Cook, he was just knocked out and she was raped.
>>
>>383997519
Cook Cook raped lots of people.
>>
File: IMG_0011.jpg (354KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0011.jpg
354KB, 1280x800px
Remember the super mutant with a tentacle for an arm
>>
>>383988216
The more raider/bandits than normal NPC's has been a Beth problem for awhile. FNV struggled with it too. Gangs were at least logically placed though in fnv.
>>
>>383997384
>>383997595
Allistair Tenpenny is canonically confirmed to have come from the UK.
>>
>>383997738
That's a boat that he's using as a shield anon.
>>
>>383997738
>tentacle
You cannot tell me you don't see his fist holding up that boat.
>>
>>383997641
After it was proven that people can become millionaires just by streaming themselves playing games, are you honestly surprised?
>>
>>383997703
Should have called him cock cock
>>
>>383997738
>>383997819
Aye you can see his thumb over the red bar in the middle of it with two fingers behind.
>>
>>383988536
The only news you get from DC is that Sara Lyons is dead I think.
>>
>>383997756
There's one unique gang that has like no purpose in NV whatsoever, they're called the scorpions or some shit and hang around one building.
>>
>>383989596
>>383994693
Power armor is better, world design is generally better thanks to added verticality, dungeon design is better but it's "video gamey" instead of realistic, so you almost always return back to the front door at the end.

Enemy variation is terrible, 75% of areas are full of raiders of gunners (see: raiders).
>>
>>383989120
That's basically confirmed. Bethesda always has huge ideas then realize half way through their engine is shit, they don't have time, and the game will sell better than their last title regardless so long as the game still kinda works.
>>
File: 1472155528375.png (322KB, 624x495px) Image search: [Google]
1472155528375.png
322KB, 624x495px
>>383997756
It woulds have been neat if the settlement stuff played into it somehow, like as you come to develop towns raider gangs become less commonplace as living an honest life becomes more viable. Or you could have it the exact opposite way and have more pop up in reaction to the increased number of targets.

The former would make the settlement building more meaningful in a narrative sense as it'd make it seem like you really are taming the place and restoring order but the latter option of increasing shit to shoot would act as a solid progression of threats gameplaywise, hard to say which would be better honestly.
>>
File: 1499404611227.png (96KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1499404611227.png
96KB, 400x400px
>>383998028
>Power armor is better

"THESE POWER SOURCES THAT WERE DESIGNED TO NEVER RUN OUT OF POWER RUN OUT OF POWER IN FIVE MINUTES"
>>
>>383998020
They were a reference to one of the FO 1 or 2 gangs, that splintered off from Shady sands and the Khans
>>
>>383998213
Shit, I'd at least prefer for FO4 to have a main road of sorts which is where most of the settlements would be along. The map is too random compared to the egg shaped highway of new vegas that functioned as a safe path
>>
>>383998028
Power armor almost feels too good, you never have to worry about dying much even with a direct hit from a fatman. The jetpack is nice.
>>
>>383998225
That's west coast power armour.
East coast is different
>>
Is there a good game about recolonising the post-nuclear wasteland?

FO4 would be fantastic if it was that instead of what it is.
>>
File: 698-2-1231553938.jpg (241KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
698-2-1231553938.jpg
241KB, 1680x1050px
>>383998426
I don't have enough anime girls with questionmarks over their heads for this one.
>>
>>383998621
RAGE
>>
>T-51 is now the second worst power armor in the series stats-wise
stop with the fucking OC donut steel power armor creep, Bethesda
>>
I like how magic canonically exists in Fallout now but nobody ever complains about that because the ground is covered in 200 year old trash.
>>
>>383998225
You pick up so many fusion cores it don't even matter. Ammo boxes will have 4 at a time once you're a decent level. Nuclear physicist perks makes them last forever.
>>
>>383998794
magic has always canonically existed. some of the Master's lieutenants were psykers
>>
>>383998858
bullshit
>>
>>383998794
Psykers and magic have been in Fallout since Fallout 1 and one of the main characters (The Master) in Fallout 1 was a psyker.
>>
>>383993226
The institute has this weird two faced thing you can never call them out on. On the surface before you get to them they kill civilians and abduct them, they've usurped all attempts to actually form a government etc etc. Then you get there and they're presented like none of that is going on. You can say they're trying to win your favor but you also can't call them out on it or any of the stuff you find EG the super mutant stuff. You can't even tell Piper the mayor is a synth when you find out. You just have to wait for shit to unfold.

I feel like Fo4 has the frame work for a really good story but Bethesda got done laying the framework and thought "nah too hard" then came up with the shit we have. There's a potential for a very connected world.

Also it's obvious they either stopped trying with animations or made a few scenes look better than the others for E3.
>>
File: 1498752536390.jpg (98KB, 608x395px) Image search: [Google]
1498752536390.jpg
98KB, 608x395px
>>383998827
>It doens't matter if they rape the lore because you can un-rape it if you do X and Y!!

There is no such thing as unraping, anon.
>>
>>383998625
Power armor didn't feel very good in fo3. There wasn't much of a notable difference in movement or protection from the standard combat armor and deathclaws shredded right through it.
>>
>>383998938
>Fallout
>After being dipped in FEV vats, absorbing some other people and being connected to the LA Vault computer, the Master gained some psychic powers the extent of which is unknown. He was able to attack humans mentally, although his attacks could be repelled with proper training. The Master was able to somehow bring forth psychic abilities in certain humans after they were injected with FEV (usually the pineal gland, but also the Amygdalae or Medulla), but most of the experiments were failures (resulting in insanity) or used to line the Corridor of Revulsion. There were four psykers in the Master's lair:

>Wiggum was electrokinetic-dominant[1]
>Lucy was telekinetic-dominant and a minor photokinetic
>Moore was pyrokinetic-dominant
>Gideon was a receiving-telepathic-dominant (without the ability to control his telepathy, requiring the psychic nullifier to block incoming thoughts) with minor photokinetic abilities.
>All four of them died when the Cathedral was vaporized in nuclear fire.

>Additionally, Chuck in Adytum appears to have some psychic powers.

>Player abilities
>The ability to resist the Master's psychic attacks is represented in the SPECIAL system by the Mental Block perk.
>>
File: 1498105121655.jpg (38KB, 208x381px) Image search: [Google]
1498105121655.jpg
38KB, 208x381px
>"mankind redefined!"
>shaun shut down the cybernetics program
>>
>>383998225
The writing around anything in Fallout 4 won't make sense, but in gameplay it's better than it has been in a 3D Fallout game.
>>
File: Heavy has question.jpg (30KB, 400x384px) Image search: [Google]
Heavy has question.jpg
30KB, 400x384px
Is it possible to successfully build up and defend all the minutemen settlements?
>>
>>383996993
The west coast in general seems better maintained in comparison to the east. Granted so far we've only seen New England, but all 3 and 4 have shown is that region in particular would be ultimately helpless during an apocalyptic situation. Bethesda should try challenging themselves and choose a region that can actually return to nature like Florida Everglades.
>>
>>383998426
Reminds me of the time the Fallout lore master on Youtube explained that Enclave power armor was made before the war because it's in Nuka World.
>>
>>383999015
>this is ok but the g.e.c.k being a magic sci-fi terraforming device is going too far
>>
>>383999051
The BoS already uses cybernetics, Maxson is loaded with em.
>>
>>383999258
>like Florida Everglades.
I'd rather not have to deal with super mutant alligators, thank you very much.
>>
>>383999292
If you talking about oxhorn, yeah that was some questionable shit.
>>
>>383998858
>>383998952
That's not magic. Cabot family immortality is magic.
>>
>>383986395
shit game, by a shit developer, made for shit people who didnt care about fallout before 3 was released
some people even thought 3 was the first game!
>>
>>383998996
Deathclaws are supposed to rip through power armor.
>>
>>383999586
There are also ghosts like the ones at the Dunwich building, Dunwich borers mine and at that house in Nuka World.
>>
>>383999292
The US govt had a lot of prototype shit going before the war, the Enclave inherited the best schematics to mass produce top of the line power armor and plasma weapons. Hellfire power armor is possibly the only true post war power armor.
>>
>>383999586
Any paranormal abilities is magic, the Master literally attacks the mind via metaphysical powers that should not be possible if we're taking into account the laws of Thermodynamics which states that matter could not be created nor destroyed.

Someone living a fucking long time is not as unbelievable (it could easily be explained by the telomeres of the chromosomes being repaired) as skullfucking the laws of physics by somehow conjuring up metaphysical things that should not even exist and using it offensively.
>>
>>383999516
>super mutant alligators
See that was the last thing on my mind. Central Florida has more than enough wildlife to play around with that Beth shouldn't have to fall back on their typical tropes. Sadly they most likely will because heaven forbid the north have a different ecosystem in comparison to the south and they introduce entirely new plants, animals, and even factions and tribes.
>>
>>383999015
I wonder if that stuff was inspired by the Chrysalids.
>>
File: OMG_PipBoy.jpg (28KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
OMG_PipBoy.jpg
28KB, 150x150px
>>383986395
Those floating platforms are giving me anxiety. I hope he doesn't have any overweight settlers.
>>
What does /v/ think about this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2dRzZGzdMI
>>
File: 1497859565837.png (2MB, 990x660px) Image search: [Google]
1497859565837.png
2MB, 990x660px
>>383997098
The thing you are forgetting is that the game map is meant to be simulating a vast amount of space. Your single step equates to many times its length, so when you come across a ruined car or whatever on the road you have to think that this is meant to be literally in the middle of nowhere with nothing else around for miles and miles.
>>
>>383996365
The bombs fell around halloween pre-war, doofus
>>
>>383999516
>super mutant alligators
there wouldn't be anything but super mutants, deathclaws, ghouls, and raiders with green palettes
>>
>>383999910
Looks alright, always good to have large quest mods
>>
>>383999708
3 is a work of art compared to 4
>>
>>383999816
It's not up for debate. You think Bethesda respects lore to that extent in the same game which doesn't know where jet comes from? Or contradicts itself on ghouls several times?

The power armor is there because the player paid for DLC and he wants good shit.
>>
>>383998794
>>383998858
I just remembered that tribal in F2 that speaks to you through visions.
>>
>>384000039
I disagree, Fallout 3 is a shitty RPG with shitty characters, dialogue and an irrational as hell story. Fallout 4 atleast has fun combat and power armour along with being as shit at being an RPG as Fallout 3.
>>
File: MinutemenFlag.jpg (326KB, 1457x760px) Image search: [Google]
MinutemenFlag.jpg
326KB, 1457x760px
>250 years after war
>everyone sitting around in rusted scrap heaps or popsicle stick houses

This is why I don't mind scrapping all the houses from Sanctuary and replacing them with new ones. Also, the default minutemen flag is gay and boring as fuck, I highly suggest pic related by Happitack
>>
File: todd.jpg (66KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
todd.jpg
66KB, 1920x1080px
>>383987503
Hmm. Nah too hard to program. We'll let some neckbeard mod it for us. Then we offer him peanuts and sell it.
>>
>>383994867
Mostly because beth didnt give the development tesm any actual time (like they always do) and obsidian always wastes time on a game. Its a bad mix and its amazing the game came out only missing half its content.
>>
File: 1498136467836.jpg (22KB, 495x474px) Image search: [Google]
1498136467836.jpg
22KB, 495x474px
>the reason there will never be a fallout game set outside America is because the rest of the world actually rebuilt itself over the centuries and only Americans left shit the way it was
>>
>>383999941
Caravans are just dead in NV. In fo4 you see your provisioners all over the wasteland and they kick ass clearing the roads if you arm them all with good weapons. Makes the game feel more lively like progress is being made.
>>
File: 1464306960582.png (223KB, 302x345px) Image search: [Google]
1464306960582.png
223KB, 302x345px
>http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/McDonough
>http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/File:Fo4_McDonough_WillNotSpeakToPress.ogg
>If one listens to the Mayor's second response to Piper being in the room, when he says NOT, his voice will sound slightly robotic with a louder tune. This is an early give away that he is a synth.
>>
File: 1495479064065.jpg (18KB, 294x294px) Image search: [Google]
1495479064065.jpg
18KB, 294x294px
>>384000346
quite the opposite you yuropoor
vaults were only built in america and the rest of the world was already devastated from the resource wars

95% of all people outside of america died
maybe the australians lived because nobody gave a fuck about their shit continent
>>
File: 20170715220353_1.jpg (1MB, 5120x2880px) Image search: [Google]
20170715220353_1.jpg
1MB, 5120x2880px
FO3 isn't so bad at downscaled 5K.
>>
File: nigga.jpg (24KB, 399x400px) Image search: [Google]
nigga.jpg
24KB, 399x400px
Guys, you know what confused me? Not the "everything-looks-like-the-bombs-fell-10-years-ago" stuff. Not the terminal where a drug dealer talks about Jet during pre-war times. Not even the lazy writing with the supermutant cure and the whole institute ordeal... (it only works on muh strain because I'm a plot point hurr. Fuck you Virgil)

WHY CANT WE COLOUR THE PIPEGUNS???

We can put flame paint on powerarmor, with the robot DLC we can colour the robots we make. I don't understand. We can make a piece of wood and iron a combat rifle with a NV scope, silencer and drum mag, but we can't give it a cool matte black finish? Y'know, for stealth???
>>
File: 20170715220459_1.jpg (1MB, 5120x2880px) Image search: [Google]
20170715220459_1.jpg
1MB, 5120x2880px
>>384000482
>>
>>383988896
Which side is even the front on that car?
>>
File: 25260-0-1499175613.jpg (363KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
25260-0-1499175613.jpg
363KB, 1920x1080px
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/25260/?
why do most of the weapons look so bad in comparison to previous games?
>>
>>384000506
Because pipe guns are shit m8, you're not supposed to put any real effort in them.
>>
>sneak up on raider in power armor
>pickpocket fusion core
>raider leaves armor
>trying to climb into their armor now counts as "stealing"
>kill raider
>armor still marked as owned so you have to steal it every time you get in
Did mods fix it?
>>
>>384000506
Yeah these are a lot of the issues that Fallout 4 has, still annoyed that Two-Shot is inherently the best Legendary Effect
>>
File: hagia_sophia.jpg (329KB, 1549x1074px) Image search: [Google]
hagia_sophia.jpg
329KB, 1549x1074px
>>383987901
>Muslim domes
You see this, Anon? The Hagia Sophia, built by Emperor Justinian of the Eastern Roman Empire? Built as a CHRISTIAN church by a CHRISTIAN nation? Yes, the minarets were added later after the city fell to the Turks, but the DOME was a ROMAN architectural decision!

They're in a fucking desert wasteland where it's not just plain arid, so you think maybe, just fucking maybe, they'd build domes for the same reason the Byzantines did?

Stop looking for stuff to be offended by, fucking hell!
>>
File: 1486807376569.jpg (61KB, 550x475px) Image search: [Google]
1486807376569.jpg
61KB, 550x475px
Does anybody who finished Fallout 4 even know what the institute was trying to accomplish by replacing random people with synths?
I still can't believe you're not allowed to ask them. At least the Enclave in 3 explained their retarded plan.
>>
File: 1495293380827.jpg (75KB, 617x603px) Image search: [Google]
1495293380827.jpg
75KB, 617x603px
>>384000482
>>384000570
>f3 has no texture mods for dlc areas

>>384000642
they went full retard from 50's prototype style weapons to steampunk abomination garbage
>>
>>384000435
Jesus Christ. This is so fucking stupid.
>>
>>384000730
IIRC they do that to acquire data example being by seeing if say seed specimens would grow an optimal crop in the Commonwealth Wasteland.

There's a terminal in the Bioscience division which explains why you went on a quest to give a synth seeds to plant.
>>
>>384000730
Father directly states that he wants his synths to replace humanity. Even though he and the Institute thinks they're subhuman and as sentient as a toaster.
>>
File: 1.jpg (23KB, 600x606px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
23KB, 600x606px
>>384000707
>2-shot laser gatling gun
>>
>>384000902
He really doesn't.
>>
>>383998225
Oh, fuck off with that bullshit with the amount of fusion cores you find lying around and the fact that it automatically replaces a used up one, you effectively have what you wanted anyways, a permanent easy mode suite where only deathclaws are a threat to you.
>>
>>384000883
I don't understand why they wouldn't just put some Commonwealth dirt into a pot and try to grow their fucking plants in it.
>>
>>384000707
It depends what gun it is. Two-shot reduces the accuracy of most guns by half and there's spread at longer ranges. Instigating is a better option for some weapons.
>>
File: SYNTH GORILLAS.jpg (182KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
SYNTH GORILLAS.jpg
182KB, 1600x900px
SYNTH GORILLAS
Y
N
T
H

G
O
R
I
L
L
A
S
>>
>>384000883
That's 1 out of 100 synths accounted for.
>>
>>384000969
He literally says that he wants his synths to inhabit the wasteland one day. It's one of his lines that comes up if you talk to him immediately after receiving the quest to meet the Institute heads.
>>
File: JRRTolkienbot.jpg (250KB, 469x465px) Image search: [Google]
JRRTolkienbot.jpg
250KB, 469x465px
>>383998991
>>
>>384000985
that wasn't his point you fucking sperg. also, deathclaws are a fucking joke in 4
>>
>>384000985
No.
See, there should have been far less cores (maybe ~10 in the whole game) with a very long charge time but could be used up quicker by installing mods/upgrades to the armor.
Moreover, Powerarmor training should have still been a thing for female characters (supplant it with a bonus to speech since she's a lawyer)
>>
>>384001008
Because when you do that you ignore other factors like native groundwater, atmosphere, rain etc. and instead replace those with artificially controlled variables. The Institute isn't interested in the soil quality of the Commonwealth, they're interested to see how their seeds would grow in the Commonwealth environment which includes those factors.

>>384001064
Yeah it's not really explained, I just assumed that it's a mix of gathering data from that quest and intelligence from the Mayor.
>>
>>384000506
>>384000682
You can stop using those pipe pieces of shit before level 15 for the whole rest of the game. BoS first quest gets you 500+ fusion cells and rescuing Nick gets you 500+ .45 ammo.
>>
>>383995425
You still get FUCKED.
>>
>>383995416
Curie's voice is so hot
>>
>>384001102
>ghouls are more confusing than ever
>also they go feral 100% of the time now
>aliens are canon and also make people immortal and have artifacts that fuse to them for some reason
>Brotherhood of Steel are now a bunch of knights in shining armor that have an inexplicably large pool of resources
>X-01 is prewar except it's postwar except it's prewar
>jet is prewar except it's postwar except it's prewar
>T-51b being the army's go to choice for power armor is now retconned in favour of Bethesda's OC-do-not-steal T-60
>power armor no longer has fusion reactors now for some reason
>power armor is now mix and matchable for some reason now
>power armor is mounted on a steampunk exoskeleton for some reason now
>none of the vaults have a GECK for some reason now
>it's now canon that the U.S was winning the war and China launched first, judging by the terminals in the Switchboard
>>hurrrrr it's okay to fuck the lore when Bethesda does it look at this comic doesn't it make you feel silly
>>
It's a crime that Fallout games don't let you strip people you kill naked.
>>
>>384001086
I don't you know what inhabit means anon.
I'll give you hint, it doesn't mean 'replace'
>>
>>383999981
They could bring back the mutant rednecks from that dlc in 3.
>>
>>384001321
fun fact:
because synths are based off of your son's DNA, all synths are technically your grandchildren and by having a sexual relationship with Curie you're boning your granddaughter
>>
File: 1481266927450.gif (473KB, 258x258px) Image search: [Google]
1481266927450.gif
473KB, 258x258px
>no fallout game where you can become a super mutant
>>
>>383999201
You just need high charisma, and no social life. Or just spawn in all the materials you need.
>>
File: 1439006856895.jpg (46KB, 274x540px) Image search: [Google]
1439006856895.jpg
46KB, 274x540px
>>384001465
And?
>>
>>384001479
Fallout 1 bad ending
>>
>>384001387
>it's now canon that the U.S was winning the war and China launched first
In the original lore the USA was fighting a war on two fronts against the Soviet Union and China. I hate how Bethesda retconned Russia from existence.
>>
>>384001427
>institute does everything it can to cause chaos on the surface and hasten its demise
>leader of the institute says he wants his synths to live there
So he's wiping out the surface and also plans on putting his children up there. Piece two and two together, anon.
>>
>200 YEAR LATER
>Everything is still a complete fucking mess
>Shit hasn't grown back yet
>No one learned to build anything other than pieces of shit made out of scrap metal and wood
Literally killed a large portion of enjoyment out of the game for me. Not to mention the absolutely fucking retarded """""""""story""""""""". Bethesda is the only company that can get away with releasing a fucking awful bugged and glitchy mess of a game.
>>
>>384001479
there's a mod in New Vegas that gives you supermutant body
>>
>>384000682
>>384001241
Oh I know, I use Kellog's revolver, and .45 will wreck anything on Survival. Come to think of it, though, why can't we paint any guns at all?
>>
File: Proudly_Presents.jpg (20KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
Proudly_Presents.jpg
20KB, 150x150px
>>384001465
But how many times removed?
>>
File: 1495804913851.png (126KB, 537x483px) Image search: [Google]
1495804913851.png
126KB, 537x483px
>>384001479
>no fallout game with elder scrolls races where you can be a ghoul, super mutant, or human
>each race has its own abilities and preset stats, and armor/weapon types
>>
>>384001679
>.45
hurr I mean .44
>>
>>384001387
See bethesda could of had its oc power armor if only the BoS had it.
They could just say it was an upgraded version using unfinished blueprints found in the operation anchorage vault or something but nooooooo had to be pre-war.
>>
>>384001581
>Institute tries diplomacy
>broken mask happens
>wastelanders freak out and hate institute even though it was a malfunction
>somehow they go from wanting to help to wanting to murder all wastelanders even though they have an entire division to ensure that synths can't mess around with humans on the surface except when deemed necessary to contain the institute (university point, attacking all railroad scums)

I think you're reading into shit a bit much and might bit be just a littler paranoid.
>>
So what's in the GECK?
I assume there are probably whear seeds, but what else?
>>
>>384001465
Well, technically only the body.
Curie's mind/software is RobCo modified by Vault Tec.
>>
File: GECK.png (119KB, 458x638px) Image search: [Google]
GECK.png
119KB, 458x638px
>>384001916
>>
>>384001916
Pixie dust and a 'how to build adobe buildings' pamphlet
>>
>>384001835
>broken mask happens because scientists unofficially released a prototype that wasn't supposed to be field tested
>instead of trying to fix the situation they dump super mutants and killer robots on the surface for shits and giggles
>>
>>384001797
It's odd how the t-60 is shoved in between t-51 and X-01. It doesn't look like a natural design progression taking elements from the oldest model when the t-51 was a superior design.
>>
>tfw Fallout is the perfect game for rape and sex
>too stupid to mod the game

Feels bad.
>>
File: 1490965122577.jpg (93KB, 420x510px) Image search: [Google]
1490965122577.jpg
93KB, 420x510px
>>384001774
>Roleplaying game
>You can only play the role of a straight/bisexual male soldier or straight/bisexual female lawyer
>>
>>384002274
>Install Mod Organizer 2
>All you do is read the instructions then install the mod

Surely you're not that dumb.
>>
>Have Fallout 4 in my steam library
>never played beyond a few hours since the main character has to be a generic do gooder

Eh I liked all modern Fallouts but in this one I was literally gimped as the main character. Should I give the game another chance? What about the expansions, are they good?
>>
>>384001479
>STR and END start out with huge buffs
>can't raise INT beyond a certain point unless you take a specific perk
>CHA only works on fellow mutants,
>if it's too low they'll be hostile as well
>higher CHA allows you to recruit supermutant dogs and eventually supermutants to your party
>only other perk is an option to be a behemoth

That would make for an interesting expansion.
>>
>>384002380
don't use mod organizer 2, it's awful buggy shit.
>>
>>384001835
I think Shaun tries to make the institute look better to you than it actually is. He knows you saw and heard about some of their atrocities on the surface which is why his first mission is about taking out a synth raider that the railroad memory wiped to make it look like they care.
>>
>>384002437
no and no
save your money and buy fallout 1 & 2 instead
>>
File: 1479866853644.png (377KB, 657x434px) Image search: [Google]
1479866853644.png
377KB, 657x434px
>>383987449
>tfw that Brian Fargo vs Big Ass Games sketch still holds up
don't know if i should laugh or be sad about that fact
>>
>>384002235
Bethesda probably based it of the 45 armor because it's the more popular power armor.
>>
>>384002437
You can be a dick in this game just not a total maniac serial killer. A cannibal Strong focused human super mutant melee character is pretty funny
>>
>>384000717
Fucking Turks ruin everything, I wish we didn't have to deal with roaches.
>>
>>384002801
>more popular power armor
[citation needed]
>>
>>383987635
I've never hated anyone more than I hate you.
>>
>Fallout 1 and mostly 2 have literal cities and civilization is mostly thriving
>3, NV and 4 have this small shitty villages and civilization is barely alive.
fuck you bethesda
>>
>>384003042
Normies who have played any of the modern fallouts even once easily recognize the t-45 suits.
Yeah popular wasn't the right word.
>>
>>384003042
The thing I hate most about T-45 and T-61 Power Armor is the ugly helmet and the boxy chest
>>
>>384003241
Fo1 didn't really have thriving cities for the most part. Other than the hub it's just little shanty towns that aren't too fancy. It became NCR but it didn't start that way.
>>
>>384003561
Still better than most of the places in the later games
>>
>>384000437
>fallout australia is literally 1984
>>
>>384003241
NV had implications of bigger towns, but the engine really held them back from creating anything bigger than a shanty town unless they wanted loading screens every 20 feet like The Strip.
>>
>>384003241
That makes sense for F3 since the DC area was one of the most heavily nuked and irradiated places in the world. I'll admit that it makes zero sense for F4 to be that way.
>>
>>384004318
It wasn't really the engine, it was the console limitations. You can find several mods that splice all the new vegas city areas together.
>>
File: 1492857093134.jpg (35KB, 680x383px) Image search: [Google]
1492857093134.jpg
35KB, 680x383px
>>384002437
>give it another chance
No.
Buy Fallout 3 and NV and mod them until they crash.
>>
>>384001479
One of the fallout online versions lets you play as a supermutant.
>>
>cryonator gun
>protags wife is frozen solid
>wifes name is nora
>>
File: hoi29.jpg (87KB, 706x538px) Image search: [Google]
hoi29.jpg
87KB, 706x538px
>>384005362
Why would you do this, anon?
>>
>mfw doing Diamond City Blues at level 4
>easy speech check to get to the ambush part of the quest
>the triggermen and Malcolm aren't hostile so you can just throw 1 frag grenade in the middle of them to take them all out with 0 effort
>mfw easy 1300 caps from Malcolm's body, plus any loot from the triggermen (and the chems too if you want to get really greedy)
What the fuck Bethesda, this was too easy
>>
>>383997354
this is both hilarious and horrifying
>>
>>383999965
Pretty sturdy decorations too
>>
>>384001479
t. never played Fallout 1
>>
>>383989356
>Fah Hahbah
underrated kek
>>
>>384000437
>be american living in post post apocalypse USA
>take a boat to Australia, the country rumored to have never been touched by the bombs
>nothing changes for your situation because Australia was already a wasteland full of dangerous monsters that thirst for your blood
>>
>>384006817
well, hopefully the abbos have all died out in 200 years so that's an improvement.
>>
>>384006320
The latimer father and marowski get pretty mad and send hired goons at you
>>
>>384004592
You're talking about free side open and strip open right?

Are they actually worth using?
>>
Does fallout 3 and 4 have any good companion mods?

I trying out some for new vegas right now and was just wondering.
>>
>>384007032
Fucking how, we killed everyone precisely to leave no witnesses.
>inb4 the bartender told them for some retarded reason
>>
>>383986395
>300 years after bombs have fallen
>Still live in nigger-tier shacks
MURRICANS
>>
File: 1485457965981.jpg (69KB, 530x960px) Image search: [Google]
1485457965981.jpg
69KB, 530x960px
>>384007741
after shitskins completely take over yurop wont look much better
>>
>>384007847
gniylpmI<
>>
File: you.jpg (148KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
148KB, 1280x720px
>>384007847
>>384007847
>Implying murrica won't be worse off
Most shitskins in Yurop assimilate quite well, unlike yours, you're already fucked. The ones that don't will get kicked out. The right is rising up.
>inb4 Sweden
>>
>>384007552
but I killed Cooke and the bartender too, though.
>>
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/18946/?

Is it good? I want to get back to FO4 even though F4SE isn't complete yet but I dont want to touch the shitty forced main quest.
>>
>>384008567
>Most shitskins in Yurop assimilate quite well
this level of delusion
>>
>>383998996
Power armor isn't supposed to be anything more than more armor protection points. It's been like that since Fallout 1.
>>
>>384008567
>le our minorities are good and assimilate and yours are bad meme
niggers have been in america longer than most whites yet they still haven't assimilated
you are either a subhuman yourself or you desperately want to get filled by subhuman cock
>>
>>384010165
and that was much better than LE EPIG IRON MAN MECH XD GIT IT AT BEGINNING OF GAIM AND USE TEH JETPAK
>>
>>384000642
The designers went look over function. The designers also had not touched an icky gun even once in their lives. Also the need of every gun fitting into PA hand forced them to make them stupid hueg.
>>
>>384009085
Just ignore the main quest after you exit the vault.
You'll still have to do that sequence anyway with the mod due to how shit the game is (things will break if you don't enter and exit the vault the right way, bethesda are a joke)
>>
Is Fallout 4 Script Extender complete yet?
>>
>>384000506
Why are pipe guns even a thing? The weapons in NV made a lot more sense and there was no pipe gun. Is it so they have a clear progression path instead of just having all weapons have pros and cons? Fucking Todd
>>
>>384010657
Reading more into it, seems like if you choose to not start as a vault 111 dweller you just get a quest "rumors of a vault" and you can go to vault 111 whenever you want and start the main story.

This is even better than the other alternate start mod I looked at where you are a sy th choosing an occupation/location as the institute infiltrates you into the commonwealth.

Also this guy seems dedicated as fuck
>Yesterday I exported all of the dialogue lines for Fallout 4 and organized them in an Excel spreadsheet. Then I searched for lines containing "shaun", "son", "baby", "my boy", "husband", "wife", "spouse". That's 1100 lines. Then I manually went through and removed the ones that are false positives, like "I'm a woman, baby. A girl has needs", and also lines that don't imply that you have a kid or are married. That narrows it down to about 650 lines. So it's going to be a ton of work.

I think I'll go with this one, I dont remember the other mods altering dialogue so you'd still get "muh Shaun" when talking to people and I dont want any of that. But whats cool is you can still play as a Vault 111 survivor, who witnessed the kidnapping, only Nora isn't your wife and its not your babby so you can still ignore the main quest and still be a special snowflake from the pre-war era, neat.
>>
>LE EPIC CHUNKY WEEB MECH ARMOR XDDDD JUST LIKE MY ANIMES!!!
>LE MINECRAFT BUILD SIMS VILLAGES!!! SO COOOOL IT JUST WEKRZ
>LE VATZ LUCK BUILD JUST USE VATS DOOD ITS SO EPICCC
4 is honestly one of the worst games of all time. Fuck this game, New Vegas is the GOAT.
>>
>>383986395
My problem with building in Fallout 4 is that the land you can build on cannot be leveled so it's always uneven and your floors can clip through the floor at times.

I hate building shit under those circumstances.
>>
>>384011572
Who even plays Fallout 4 for the settlements and building shit, I have no interest in that at all.
>>
>>384011572
yeah, or you get places like costal village where half of the land is covered in trees and rocks that can't be removed without mods. That's why most people seem to like starlight for it, since it's mostly a large flat area.

I think if they do it in their next game or such they need to have fewer locations to build a settlement, and focus more on those few to make them more unique and fun to build at.
>>
>>384010325
There's nothing wrong with power armor giving you something more than just protection. It has a fuckin exoskeleton, why go through the process of inventing a super armor suit for military purposes and then not even have the exoskeleton increase the wearer's strength? Jetpacks too
Of course I do agree it was absolutely retarded finding it in the first 10 minutes
>>
File: 2005-7 more detail than 2015.jpg (2MB, 1795x1213px) Image search: [Google]
2005-7 more detail than 2015.jpg
2MB, 1795x1213px
>>383991706
THIS
Fallout 3 was 2008 BTW
>>
File: 377160_20170715114918_1.png (932KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
377160_20170715114918_1.png
932KB, 1920x1080px
Recently started to play Fallout 4 again. Currently just finished Vault 95. What a fucked up Vault that was, and I still dont know why there was Gunners and Robots gunners.

I'm still not that far in the story, trying to do the side stuff right now.
It's less bad that I remember, maybe they fixed some issues with a patch? I remember the game being really bad, mostly because enemies leveled up with you, which meant that if you didnt focus on combat traits, you were done for.
>>
>bombs fell around halloween
>starting town is full of halloween stuff
>nowhere else at all has any hint that it was halloween when the bombs fell
>>
>>384009085
>>384011046
I use it and it's good, the creator has done all he could to work around the retarded story. I also like that the alternate starts give you little in the way of resources
Even better if used with Silent Protagonist
>>
>>384011448
>one of the worst game of all time
This is far far far far from the truth. It's not even under a 6/10
>>
>>384012753
>Alternate start
>silent protag

Okay then, guess its time to get back to FO4 now that I can actually roleplay as someone other than what the devs have forced me to play as because their defintion of "roleplay" is limited to choosing which weapons and skills you specialize in.
>>
>>384012748
people were already starving to death and rioting in america before the bombs fell anyway and definitely wouldnt be celebrating halloween

bethesda is fucking retarded
>>
>>384012536
Just get the Fallout 4 High-Res texture pack

But make sure you have 50GB to spare

:^)
>>
>>384012969
>people were rioting and starving to death in the original lore
>NOW AMERICA IS A HAPPY 50'S DISNEY PARADISE RIGHT BEFORE GETTING NUKED OOPS LOL
>>
>>384012914
Yeah that is the reason I picked up the game again. Now it feels more like other Bethesda games, and while it still sucks having only 4 lines for any dialogue, it's a hell of a lot better than vanilla
Also if you are interested in gameplay mods, look into Horizon, it makes the gameplay much more enjoyable.
It's actually crazy how much I'm liking the game now with these few mods, it finally feels like a classic Bethesda game that I can get lost into and put a few hundred hours in like the TES games
>>
>>384013390
Aounds good anon and yeah Horizon, Frost, and other big overhauls have been on my radar as well, all of these things slowly making me want to come back to FO4 but once I saw Start Me Up I knew it was finally time.

The only thing I wanted most was an alternate start mod that removed as much evidence of the forced main quest storyline as possible, there was the one that made you a synth and you choose where to start I mentioned, but I feel this one is even better cause I can still be that pre-war vault dweller without a family forced on you by the devs or some totally different Commonwealth character and not need to be a synth either.

Now I'm looking forward to what the future of Fallout 4 modding will be, now that we have all these alternate start mods people will hopefully be more inclined to make mods that utilize them to make whole different experiences and additions and no one has to give a shit about the forced main quest anymore, kind of like the Live another life mod for Skyrim which is also what made me finally start playing that game.
>>
>>384014207
Sounds*
>>
Is there going to be any more DLC for FO4 or is that it? Far Harbor is the only good one
>>
>>384014207
Hopefully script extender will release for real soon, then modding will pick up the pace
>>
>>384014931
F4SE is a thing it's just barely functional and probably won't be getting more functions because it probably has the same situation as skyrim special edition, beth stopped talking to them because they went full kike and the guys involved quit.
>>
>>384014931
I mean its already out, its just not the full release, the guy is still working on it. I hope we get Fo4SE before SESE as that will mean more Fo4 modders will try it out first and we might see some really great new mods that werent possible before. Combined with all the plethora of alternate start mods out there to make it easy to start exploring these mods as new characters and not feel stuck to the main quest story and Fallout 4 is ripe for new modding adventures.
>>
>>383994076
project v.13 got fucking canned years ago, unfortunately.
>>
>>383994076
We're lucky fallout didn't get an MMO. Mark my words, it would have flopped.

I tink the only genres fallout could work in is a squad based RTS (more than tactics, think dawn of war 2) or maybe a large scale competitive shooter like battlefield/planetside
Thread posts: 507
Thread images: 85

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.