[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reminder that pic related is probably a more "core"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 214
Thread images: 32

Reminder that pic related is probably a more "core" game than whatever your favorite videogame is right now
>>
>>383985891
>"core" game
Elaborate on what this means.
>>
How come I've never heard of this game until /v/ started shitposting about how it's for casuals

If your answer is "You're a nintendofag" you'd be right, but still
>>
Tfw you really want to enjoy it but it's just a camping snipefest
>>
>>383986791
>Play three games last night
>None involve being sniped
Ok
>>
>>383986560
Because it didn't have a billion dollar budget on advertizing, and the game was fun for some, left other friends behind, and friends of those friends had to pay to play with their friends because they only played said game.
>>
>>383986952
>Snipe
>shoot at someone from a hiding place

You just wasn't aware.
>>
>>383987051
You know if you don't just waltz into houses like a retard that wont happen right
>>
>>383988178
You seem experience in such stupid things.
A regular bush makes for a good hiding spot taking out people running.
>>
>spawn
>loot for 10mins
>walk to circle for 10mins
>die to someone miles away camping behind a tree

GOTY!
>>
>>383986791
I haven't experienced this yet, but i'm only 5 hours in. Most of my gun fights have been me and someone else just stumbling into eachother by pure coincidence, or me seeing someone running in an open field like an idiot and gunning them down. I wonder if that person assumes me walking down a foresty hill and seeing him wide in the open and killing him was me camping when he dies
>>
>>383988239
Lucky pricks, I never get 8x scopes.
>>
every time I see a thread about this game it's some shitposter bragging about sales numbers or some other stupid shit like this
>>
>>383988239
this but unironically
>>
Is there a way to pirate this?
>>
>go into center of map
>get 12 gauge with choke and sleeve
>wait in hard corners
>get to top 10 at least
if the ring has a building in it, you best believe im sitting in there
>>
I just enjoy how archaic it is. It's pretty good for people that like wild wild west type rules in games. You go in, sneak around, kill some people, die, play like a coward, evnetually get ballsy enough to start seeking out fights more, and slowly get better. If you want to, nothing stops you from playing like a coward forever though. I feel like I can do whatever the fuck i want
>>
>>383988474
4.7 million copies sold
3.5 million players in the last 2 weeks

it's been selling over 1 million copies per month since it launched and the overwhelming vast majority are playing it regularly
>>
>>383988239
sorry anon but that is how you play this game solo
>>
>>383988515
Pirate $30 from your mom's wallet you stupid faggot
>>
>Bluehole
>same company that made TERA with En Masse
Well, time to wait out that castanic and elin outfits
>>
>>383988602
Emergent gameplay nigga.
>>
>>383988474
800,000 copies sold in the last 2 weeks
>>
File: 3842403.jpg (7KB, 481x276px)
3842403.jpg
7KB, 481x276px
>>383988660
I ain't that eloquent anon, thank you.
>>
>>383985891
RNG drops are retarded.
I played and got as far as #6 this time and found nothing but pump shotguns an Uzi here and there, full decked out sniper rifle and AR attachments (silencers ext+quick mags etc) but not a single fucking rifle in all the are I scouted.
>>
>>383988756
It's the opposite to the autistically dissected, planned, directed and "controlled" gameplay experience of something like, say, Overwatch, which looks superficially like it has that nature of chaotic gameplay, but in fact, every single interaction of Hero vs Hero is tweaked, balanced, adjusted and tested for every possible type of interaction, and because you are only 1/6 of your team, your individual contribution is a tiny component of how well you can do in a match.

Overwatch curates your experience very nicely with lots of polish and flair, but you pretty much always get the same experience as anyone else would if they had been given your slot in a match instead.

PUBG literally drops you on an RNG-decided arena and lets luck, wits and skill run havoc.

Things might go badly for you in PUBG, but you're always the one that chose to open that door, or get in that car, or linger too long in an area.
>>
File: 1477143174134.jpg (43KB, 351x351px)
1477143174134.jpg
43KB, 351x351px
>You died from falling
>>
>>383989061
>RNG drops are retarded.

>get rid of RNG drops
>everyone learns where weapon X and attachment Z can be found
>every game becomes the same bland rush for those weapons, some areas are just never visited because there is guaranteed to be no good loot there
>games become identical to each other

wowow so fun you should make your own battle royale game I would play it
>>
>ywn win a solo
>>
How do I get gud at solo? I keep getting shot in the back from faggots holed up in houses waiting for people to run past
>>
Soft Core
Hard core
Melting core
Chocolate core

What core are you talking about dumb nigger
>>
File: scp--035--002.gif (105KB, 245x306px)
scp--035--002.gif
105KB, 245x306px
>just got 2nd place
>>
>>383989181
Treat every single environmental piece as an encounter with an enemy. You can usually use your footsteps to bait people out but also use grenades if you find any.

Shotgun seems to be really good for slowly breaching houses
>>
>>383989157
Was meant as the current way the RNG drops work now is flawed because it don't work sometimes.
I saw 20-30 shotguns (no Saiga-12K), not a single rifle.
Another game I was in had 0, zero, null 5.56 ammo, searched everywhere.
Looked everywhere for ammo in unlooted houses, nowhere, not a single fucking bullet.

>>383989179
You will, just don't go head on apply directly to your forehead into open areas.
Bushes makes for a better than expected hiding place.

>>383989398
RIP
>>
File: Untitled.png (25KB, 511x567px)
Untitled.png
25KB, 511x567px
Didn't like it. Slow movement, clunky controls, crashed twice in the short amount of time that I owned it and my computer is pretty beastly. Not enough skill involved to be a competitive game and it definitely needs to be played with friends for you to have fun.
>>
File: 98124789174.gif (4MB, 468x272px)
98124789174.gif
4MB, 468x272px
>>383989074
Yes, this is exactly why I like it. I feel like with enough cunning and craftiness on my part I can get by just fine, mixed in with pure luck on the side and skill there's still enough personal progression to have fun. Funny enough I refunded overwatch for exactly this feeling, I felt like no matter what I did, i was just going through the motions of the game, wasn't for me. good shit, anon. You taught me a term I didn't even know.
>>
While this game looks like it finally made a great version of a formula that had only been spawning a bunch of "me too" games, there are a lot of people complaining about cheaters and that the developer won't do anything about them, and that makes me worried that the problem will only get bigger.
>>
>never get a health pack spawn
>lose
epic
>>
>>383989678
>needs to be played with friends for you to have fun
Lol, what, can't scan a hillside with your mudskin eyes? need 3 people to point 1 thing out?
>>
>>383987051
>>383988224
Learn English before posting on 4chan, thanks.
>>
>>383989181
Get a car, spend the first ten minutes looking for a decent rifle/kit in large buildings where people didnt drop off and then immediately go to the middle of the circle and camp.

Do not engage anyone unless they are about to be in a position to spot you.

In the final circles drink all the red bull you can so you don't have to make large movements.

The rest is luck. Solo is a very boring mode as whoever spots who first wins.
>>
>>383988659
They hired some Irish guy as a director/designer, so the chances of that happening are quite low
>>
>>383989678
The most fun I have in the game is playing with strangers. Makes the whole experience vary a lot more as my friends tend to stick to the same strategies.

Why on earth would you want Battlegrounds to be competitively viable though?
>>
>barely any direct marketing, word of mouth and sheer popularity only
>100% gameplay, no bullshit, about 3 minutes from launching the game to being on the ground
>good gunplay, varying bullet velocity and bullet drop, better sounddesign than many AAA shooters when it gets to gun shots
>barely any UI, no spotting doritos or shit like that, awareness only
>tense as fuck
>$30 pricetag, no dlc, no p2w whatsoever
>no craftan, no zombies or whatever other memes are thrown at this game
>clear progress happening, weekly and monthly patches with significant changes, community feedback is considered

>/v/ still shits on it because it's popular and joining the contrarian circlejerk is the cool thing to do
I despise half the posters on this board
>>
>>383989938
Like I give a damn about your autism.

You're one of those that only knows one language anyway.
>>
File: payne.gif (83KB, 256x256px)
payne.gif
83KB, 256x256px
>early access
>>
>>383989951
t. no skill
>>
>>383988659
the guy who created the original battle royale mod for arma 2 is directing the game, bluehole just offered to be his coding monkeys because they knew the game would be big
>>
>>383990235
funny how you could describe league of legends with most of those points and you probably think it's shit
>>
>>383990302
>I get to buy the game at discount and play it before it's officially finished

wow I've been scammed so hard!!!
>>
>>383990235
/v/ hates anything that doesn't reward instant gratification, have (((waifus))) or has EP1C MEMEZ XD

What's even worse is that they will than happily go lap up at the jews of gaming anyway to play their epic mobageshit
>>
>>383990361
which of those points apply to LoL?
>>
>>383990363
Yeah no thanks
>>
File: 1427862762815.jpg (20KB, 600x450px)
1427862762815.jpg
20KB, 600x450px
>tfw your camping spot gets literally every circle
>>
>>383988659
This guy knows his priorities.
>>
>>383990361
>most of those points
Like one? Word of mouth? Maybe communiy feedback in fringe cases?
>and you probably think it's shit
Nah, but HoN_ is better
>>
>>383990363
>finished
here's your problem
>>
>>383990235
>no dlc, no p2w whatsoever
it's made by koreans so you can expect that to change real soon
>>
File: 2.jpg (101KB, 1920x1080px)
2.jpg
101KB, 1920x1080px
>>383990410
>buy a game from Early Access
>there are glitches, bugs or things are missing

IMAGINE MY SURPRISE
>>
>>383990487
>buy Endless Space 2 on early access
>get to play it for 7 months before it's finished, got discount on the price, and the game is now finished

hmmmm
>>
>>383990363
>finished
because ark, rust, dayz, h1z1, warz, the forest, 7 days to die, h1z1, subnautica and dozens of other games were ever finished, right?
protip: those games are never being finished. doing so would open the dev to refunds that the players are allowed to do even outside the 2h window. half those games even have fucking paid lootboxes and other shit despite not even releasing
>>
>rewards luck
strike 1
>rewards cowardice
strike 2
>third-person camera
strike 3

Into the bottom of the trash can.
>>
File: file.png (62KB, 307x146px)
file.png
62KB, 307x146px
I CAN'T FUCKING AIM
>>
>>383990630
Subnautica has its entire development laid out with official release in the next few months, you uninformed retard.
>>
File: released ea games.png (174KB, 820x1817px)
released ea games.png
174KB, 820x1817px
>>383990630
Not even an exhaustive list
>>
>>383990345
You don't need skill to win at solo. Giving him tips to kill other players would be worse as he's more likely to fuck himself over if he's asking for help. The quickest way to win solo is scavenging and going prone in the bushes.

I've won a solo with a 13 mag Vector before and a uzi another time. You don't need loot for solo wins.
>>
like an apple core?
>>
>>383990630
>>383990783
B-B-BTFO

protip, those are nearly all indie games from 1-5 man development teams

PUBG has a team of over 60 developers and a real studio behind it.
>>
>>383989157
>>>get rid of RNG drops
Your words, not his.
The point is: current implementation of random drops is flawed.
>>
>>383985891
Autismcore, yes.
>>
>>383990969
Yes like Arma and Divinity and Wasteland and Grim Dawn and Verdun and Strife and Dirt and Xeno and KF and those are only the ones I know of
Your shit is retarded and so are you
>>
>>383990710
Just wait for the First person update and exclusively play squad matches.
>>
>>383990783
difference being those games are single player and sold like shit with no in-game microtransactions, so the dev was actually motivated to do something
none of the high-selling multiplayer early access survival crafting games have not been a disappointment yet
>>
this game is legit fun. I don't think I'll ever be able to win though. I choke when it matters, the only kills I get are cheesy doorway shit
>>
>>383991142
Good thing this isn't a survival crafting game then
>>
>>383990230
>Why on earth would you want Battlegrounds to be competitively viable though?

Because eSports faggots are the worst kind of people who think every game has to be some rock-paper-scissors snoozefest.
>>
>>383991245
Yeah they opted to remove crafting instead and have players rely on just finding things randomly instead, just like they do on games like H1Z1 or DayZ
>>
>>383991010
>fix the random drops so I that areas have a balanced distribution of different items

so get rid of the "random" part and make a "balanced loot distribution system"

hmmm

>small town might have nothing but shotguns and pistols
>or it might have level 3 equipment, snipers, suppressors

>"balanced" loot system
>every village will have roughly the same amount of each type of item distributed around it

In your opinion it is flawed, but it is working as intended.
>>
>>383991348
>there's no crafting
>it's not a survival game
>I'll still call it a survival crafting game because it's vaguely similar to these other games
Can't you just shut the fuck up
>>
>>383985891
Let me save u the trouble.

ITT:
>retards that complain about the price despite it being early access and new contents being added in constantly
>retards that complain about the game being campfest to win even though it's still able to win being aggressive if you just gitgud. i even had a 9 kills win before being damn aggressive
>retards that complain about 3rd person camera when the same advantages is available for everyone, it's not an actual advantages.
>retards that just wanna shitpost despite haven't played the game at all
>retards that watch some twitch streamer play like a retard and decides that the game is retarded
>poorfag
>retards that claimed sniper is OP and hurrrrr durrr while in a real life situation, sniping is definitely more advantageous
>retards that complain about the game running like shit because it's not optimized but it's never realistic to do optimization during early access
>retards that claim it's yet another open world survival crafting etc shit despite the game NOT being that genre. Hell, there's not even crafting in the game
>retards that only wanted to shit on the game because it's cool to hate on everything popular
>retards that claim it's streametbait shit despite it having 100~300k players, which is alot more than /v/'s beloved cult's favorite - TF2
>>
>>383991142
>high-selling multiplayer early access survival crafting games
PUBG isn't a survival crafting game

>>383991047
see
>>383990783
>>
>>383991394
Please tell me how is this game any different from DayZ
>dropped into a map
>find weapons and supplies or craft them
>shoot every other player

pub
>dropped into a map
>find weapons
>shoot every other player while running away from a circle

the games even use the same shitty engines, you're playing a piece of shit early access games for mentally retarded twitch children and you're defending it. there's no saving you.
>>
>>383991495
I am both these posts
I confused you with the other guy, think you were saying that due to it being a bigger studio it's never going to get finished
Carry on
>>
>>383991142
>none of the high-selling multiplayer early access survival crafting games have not been a disappointment yet

But PUBG is an arena deathmatch shooter.
>>
>>383991528
35 minute rounds max through the circle mechanic which completely changes the dynamics of the game when compared to endless persistent DayZ rounds
>>
>>383991402
>reeeeeeeeeeee stop shit talking my favourite game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! all the streamers say it's good!!!!!!!!! apologize now!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>383985891
would be so down to squad up with /v/ right now
>>
>>383991528
>>dropped into a map

But this doesn't happen in Day Z. Are you being retarded on purpose?
And PUBG isn't a persistent world game. Each match is over in 25 minutes, you can't get ganked by people who have been playing longer on the server than you and acquired all the top tier equipment.
>>
>>383991565
No I was meant that all the games trapped in early access for multiple years have been from tiny indie studios with no track record, all the early access games from experienced and larger teams have progressed to release, such as the list you posted
>>
>>383985891
more teenagers, maybe
>>
>>383991528
arma 2 engine is now unreal engine.
more news at 9.
>>
>>383991743
Yeah, I understand now
>>
>>383991528
Day Z:
>Persistent world that people drop in and out of
>PvE and PVP
>crafting
>you don't literally drop in

PUBG:
>Half-hour instanced matches
>no crafting, just find your guns and enjoy the action
>you literally parachute in at the beginning of the round, allowing you to see where your enemies land and control exactly where you go
>players directed out of some areas and towards others via the circle system, making sure the action keeps progressing
>>
>>383991528
>the games even use the same shitty engines,
You keep spewing falsehood after falsehood after shitty fucking memes
>>
>>383991402
I find it ridiculous that people complain about camping AND third person view. Third person is the best thing you can possibly have to counter camping since you can check buildings without actually entering them. When fp-only servers come later this month it'll be a bunch of faggots sitting in bathrooms aiming at the doors waiting for each other to come.
>>
>>383991664
>>retards that just wanna shitpost despite haven't played the game at all
>>
i dont get why this "battle royale" genre is becoming so popular, its just a generic battlefield type game except you dont have load outs and have to find shit

then again i never understood the dayz craze or the current slasher craze, they just feel like inferior versions of bigger games but with more quirky and unique role playing but way shittier game play
>>
File: 1484841260694.png (78KB, 281x326px)
1484841260694.png
78KB, 281x326px
>>383991946
>TAKE IT BACKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PUB GEE IS THE BEST GAME REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Face it kid, the game is never leaving EA because the moment it does 99% of the owners will refund it and move on to the next streamerbait trash
>>
>>383991936
Third person helps with house clearing and when the enemy is up a ridge, but in every other case it's a clear defender's advantage
There is nothing you can do against an enemy who might be sitting behind one of the 45 trees and rocks ahead of you, scouting you out perfectly without having to show a single part of him
Also being able to lie prone while having 360° vison is just gay
>>
>>383992025
See >>383991946
>>
>>383992006
It turns out that not being able to respawn 10 seconds after your death on your squadmate changes the dynamics of your game a tiny little bit
>>
File: 1484283858872.jpg (22KB, 377x325px)
1484283858872.jpg
22KB, 377x325px
I still chuckle when I see the retarded title, ooo "playerunknown". I mean you are no civ meier yes but just label your own real name on it if you'd want to indicate dominion over your property
>>
which "battle royale" game is the most polished? h1z1, arma 3 battle royale mod or pubg?
>>
>>383992094
>STOPPPP ITTTTTTT ADMIT THAT PUGB IS GOOOOOOOD REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
lmao
>>
>>383991936
If someone wants to spend 20 minutes sitting there doing nothing but waiting that's their loss. You quickly learn that playing aggressive is better than camping for 20 minutes.
>>
>>383992120
There's an actual reason for it. Also:
>civ meier
>>
File: rule 6.png (3KB, 331x56px)
rule 6.png
3KB, 331x56px
>>383992158
>>
while i see the appeal of pubg, i personally prefer games like dayz where you are much more invested in your character given how long it takes to find gear... also, i really enjoyed the zombies and having to be afraid of them in dayz since they could kill you very easily if they got lucky.. or players could see you running across the city if they saw a bunch of them chasing you... the game just felt much more dynamic and fun.
>>
>>383991876
>people disliking my casual children's game are memes
I think your league match is ready, redditor. Better tab in!
>>
>>383992025
>Face it kid, the game is never leaving EA because the moment it does 99% of the owners will refund it and move on to the next streamerbait trash

4.7m copies sold in 4 months
3.5 million of those players play it at least once a fortnight
no mass refunds
>>
>>383992440
I like PUBG for the exact opposite reason. Less investment in your character and shorter rounds means less frustration when I die.
>>
File: 1480094889167.png (328KB, 658x481px)
1480094889167.png
328KB, 658x481px
>that guy who plays as a girl in PUBG
I hope this isn't you
>>
>>383991402
Are you fucking retarded? Bloody hell stop posting, you're embarrassing.
>>
>>383992592
why not just play cod then?
>>
>>383992616
>he doesn't play as a bald black girl for mimimum visibility
>>
>>383992638
Not him, but because it's still vastly more character investment than a life in cod
It strikes a good balance
>>
>>383992557
Uhhh you know when a game leaves early access that the refund timer is reset right? LMAO
1 hour after EA ends = 100% of steam copies refunded
>>
>>383992701
okay, that makes sense.
>>
>>383992638
Its a good balance. It has moment to moment progression and tension that you could lose everything, without the need to spend 2-3 hours to get geared. You still have moments where you need to go all out with very little if you want to win/survive.
>>
>>383992715
>the millions of people enjoying the game enough to play it weekly are going to stop playing it when it's officially released

so they're only pretending to have fun with the game RN?
>>
>>383990250
>You're one of those that only knows one language anyway.
You only need to know one language to post here, and you're too dumb to speak it.

Fuck off to Hispachan, Ylilauta, Krautchan, or whatever retardpile deserves you.
>>
>/v/ unironically playing this shit and making threads about it
this is contrarianism at its finest. I can't wait till we get the minecraft and league of legends threads with people defending them
>>
boring early access trashpile of a fad
>>
>>383992875
I'm not quite sure if you know what contrarianism means
It's not 'people doing the popular thing'
>>
>>383992848
yeah. everyone will move on to the latest twitch flavour of the month by then
>>
>>383990235
>no zombies
i vaguely remember being a part of a zombie game
>>
>>383992936
its contrarianism on /v/, where people generally have good taste and don't flock to where the reddit or twitch sheep do
>>
>>383992102
yeah instead you just quit out the fucking game because perma death isnt a fun mechanic

i dont play games like siege or cs go for that reason as well, i dont want to play a game where most of it involves not playing the game due to camping or being dead
>>
>>383992985
that's h1z1. stop posting and use google
>>
I hate PUBG because it took players away from Overwatch
>>
>>383992995
People don't play games and have fun with them to spite /v/ that's retarded
/v/ will adopt and parrot shitty opinions to act as counter culture, though
>>
>>383993006
Cool
But now you know how it differentiates from BF
>>
>>383993006
not him but siege is actually good, and csgo arguably is as well
I hope you actually like good non-permadeath FPS games then like arena shooters like Quake or TF2, and not mindless call of duty or battlefield
>>
>>383992985
There's a zombie mode in the works where the players act as the zombies vs a single squad of humans
Looks pretty fun for a round or two
>>
>>383993030
see>>383993373
you fucking retard
>>
>>383993246
hey overwatch can have porn but pubg can't
>>
>>383993373
Zombies is already in right now and released , it's fun as and you can super punchanged as zombies also humans have to get to frequent air drops or they die and avoid the circle stI'll, 96 zombies vs 4 is really hilarious
>>
>>383992965
You've been calling PUBG "twitch flavour of the month" for 4 months now

>the year is 2020
>Playerunknown's Battlegrounds has sold over 15 million copies, features dedicated 1st person servers, engine is optimised, features 6 different maps and dozens of new weapons
>"enjoy your shitty flavour of the month game you faggots"
>>
>>383993510
Don't forget zombies out now
>>
>>383993510
Almost as funny as pic related
>>
>>383993367
i give every game a try, i played lots of tf2 way back when and i played a good bit of the new quake. i bought csgo at launch and played siege as well but i cant stand how those games emphasize winning the match by being boring where you just crouch walk every where and look through holes in a wall over having fun and actually shooting people in an fps
>>
>>383993824
if you want to just shoot things go play serious sam, warframe or painkiller
siege and shit is for tactical team shooting, it's a different type of gameplay. you can't categorize every first person shooter as just a FPS
>>
>>383993747
DayZ has been out for 4 years and sold 3.5 million copies
PUBG has been out for 4 months and sold 5 million copies

DayZ has had 160,000 unique players on Steam in the last two weeks
PUBG has had 3.5 million unique players on Steam in the last two weeks
>>
>>383994028
obsessed cuck
why are you so upset and concerned that people don't like the game? you have no monetary investment so just relax nigga. the game will die and the devs will be on the streets but you will continue to sponge off your mom in her basement
>>
god damnit I get to the top 10 every game but I just eat shit past that point
>>
>>383994175
That's because you hug the edge of the circle and avoid every confrontation, so you don't know what to do if confrontations are forced at the end
Drop into school 20 times in a row for training by fire
>>
>>383994028
>DayZ has been out for 4 years and sold 3.5 million copies
I think you're omitting the period before it was a stand-alone on steam
>>
>it's a 'peer pressured into buying it and trying to justify their purchase' thread
>>
>>383985891
In a couple of weeks the shilling will end
>>
>>383994137
not an argument.
>call it flavour of the month
>shown to be demonstrably wrong
>"w-why are u so mad I'm just pretending to be retarded"

post your dxdiag and payslip faggot
>>
Flavor of the month

Literally the fidget spinner equivalent of video games
>>
>>383994316
if it was a significant number, it would be cited somewhere. every source gives it 3-3.5 million copies sold

>>383994464
people have been saying this since march
the shilling will continue as long as people are enjoying it
>>
File: 1492144093381.png (55KB, 232x232px)
1492144093381.png
55KB, 232x232px
>>383985891
What did you expect nu-/v/, who can't even manage an SRK input, to actually like a game that requires skill?
>>
>>383994481
>reeEEEeEEeEEEEeeeeeEEe APOLOGIZE RIGHT NOW OR I'M TELLING PLAYER UNKNOWN
literally cant stop crying about anyone insulting the flaming garbage pile game. i wonder why? is it because you spend 90% of the time watching steamers play rather than playing yourself? baka what an OBSESSED cuck
>>
>>383994481
>>shown to be demonstrably wrong
What? You showed DayZ started out strong but is dead 4 years later, then showed that PUBG is starting out strong.
>>
How many times have the shills made this thread today? Already seen this type of thread 3 times today.
>>
>>383994540
>2042
>all human interaction conducted through elaborate rituals and trials in PUBG
>every PUBG match is now a 10million player deathmatch on a 1:1 US state or Russian metropolis
>March 23 is international PUBG day with legally-mandated public tournaments in every city
>protestors rebel against the new system with cries of "Flavor of the month!! Early access trash!"
>>
>>383994541
>the shilling will continue as long as people are enjoying it
surprising how every other normie-popular game like LoL or Call of Duty never have threads on /v/ but this gets shilling threads with nothing but shit-flinging in them and one or two guys defending it every other day
I even saw someone defending Lirik on /v/ the other day in one of them. It's terrifying.
>>
File: 1493600888789.jpg (262KB, 768x576px)
1493600888789.jpg
262KB, 768x576px
>>383991402
Reminder that this guy has this pasta saved somewhere so he can post it in these shill threads

Seriously mods start doing your job and delete these blatant shill threads.
>>
>>383994586
>watching video game streams
nope

I just want to understand the psychology of people who come online to shitpost as hard as you do about games they've never played
>>
>See enemy before they see me
>open fire
>bullets his my cover even though I am no where near it
>get killed

WEW L A D
>>
>>383994653
>3017
>PUBG is still in early access because Player Unknown knew deep within his heart that the moment it leaves EA everyone will refund it
>>
>>383994653
I enjoyed reading that, but it's still flavor of the month
>>
File: 1434048527847.png (124KB, 5000x2571px)
1434048527847.png
124KB, 5000x2571px
>>383986791
>>383986952
>play several games last night
>run into snipers occasionally
>play smart, use smoke bombs, triangulate where the shots are coming from going by the sound and where the impact holes are being made
>use cover effectively to out-maneuver, and even flank them if we have the chance
>winner winner chicken dinner

Snipers are easy. One shot and they already gave out their position Even if they're silenced, there's other ways to get around it.
>>
>>383994662
>surprising how every other normie-popular game like LoL or Call of Duty never have threads on /v/

Those games aren't as new and have established generals in /vg/

/vg/ pubg general is a snoozefest with few posters because everyone is too busy playing the game
>>
>>383985891
yeah,core as in zero code optimization right? gsme downright runs like shit. not buying your shill crappy game when it framedrops on my 980 ti
>>
File: 1484336905075.jpg (20KB, 500x315px)
1484336905075.jpg
20KB, 500x315px
>>383994812
>/vg/ pubg general is a snoozefest with few posters because everyone is too busy playing the game
>everyone is too busy playing the game
>>
>>383990235
>barely any direct marketing, word of mouth and sheer popularity only
Are you kidding me? This is one of the most marketed games in gaming history, look at any gaming news site and they will have several "news"(blog) article of this game all the time.
They've paid streamers to shill their game for them, one of the most powerful marketing tricks so far.
And even on /v/ the paid shills constantly makes these same threads 5-6times a day with the very same titles and responses in every single one of them.
>>
>>383994639
My shift ends in 4 and a half hours
>>
>>383985891
>a more "core" game
Who talks like this other than marketers?
>>
>>383994987
Direct marketing, as in trailers, banners, advertisemets
>>
>>383994895
b-b-b-b-b-b-but it'll be fixed! it's just EARLY ACCESS!!
>>
>>383995183
This is not 2000 anymore anon, that way is an outdated way to market your game.
>>
>>383994726
Yeah remove all Nintendo threads.
They don't talk about the games after release yet have a buy a Switch thread hourly obvious shill threads.
>>
File: file.png (53KB, 585x189px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
53KB, 585x189px
NOOOOOOOO!

STOP FUCKING INCREASING!

THIS IS FLAVOR OF THE MONTH! STOP FUCKING INCREASING!!!
>>
>>383995330
How can there be 1 trillion copies of the game sold on Steam alone if there are only 170,000 people playing? Really makes you think
>>
176 posts and 61 posters. Nearly half the replies are just "people" defending the game when people call it bad.

hmmmm
>>
>>383995432
>"people"
yeah the most popular game on steam needs marketers and shills to defend it on /v/
>>
>>383995410
170,000 is the average number of people playing it at any given moment in time

the daily peak of concurrent players is about 335,000

for reference, CS:GO reaches a daily peak of about 800,000 players and it has sold 30 million copies

of the people who own the game, over 75% have played it in the last two weeks
>>
>>383995410
It's as if people have to sleep and go to work, wew.
>>
>>383995649
>shilling
lmao who gives a fuck nerd
>>
>>383995432
>you're only allowed to post once in each thread.
>>
>>383995467
>https://boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/8K9biQFKHq9FH824HM1Tyw/
>https://boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/gleWtKNtix6mFZ7_4gOqlA/
>>
>>383995718
that second one is not really valid, it's like the first image from google images
>>
>>383995309
>They don't talk about the games after release
that's because they don't have any, what released since switch release? ARMS and?
>>
>>383995330
>only twitch children playing the game
>summer starts
>twitch children no longer have to study and go to school so players increase
hmmm really makes you think
>>
>>383995707
Explaining the relationship between copies of a game sold and the number of people playing it at a given moment of time is a pretty stretched definition of "shilling"
>>
>>383995432
>people discussing things on a discussion board what the fuck
These posts are always hilarious
>>
Why do we keep having this thread? This board loves weeb single player trash, they don't like multiplayer shooters. Of any sort, get over it, they will attempt to shit on anything they don't like as some form of weird defense mechanisms because they're litterally so beta that they think everything is a threat.
>>
>>383996541
You're on the same board that endorses Warband and Stalker fyi
>>
>few posters because everyone is too busy playing the game

gee where have I heard this before
>>
File: 1500112629742.png (108KB, 500x500px)
1500112629742.png
108KB, 500x500px
>>383996541
>This board loves weeb single player trash, they don't like multiplayer shooters. Of any sort, get over it
>>
>>383996619
Old /v/ did. Nu-V does not. Get fucking real. And they only like them because they're not popular, This entire fucking board is the most contrarian bullshit ever and has been for most of a decade.
>>
>online multiplayer
Scrubshit.
>>
File: 1486551656137.jpg (33KB, 322x310px) Image search: [Google]
1486551656137.jpg
33KB, 322x310px
Post YFW you didn't buy this game.
>>
>>383996541
>they don't like multiplayer shooters. Of any sort
last I checked /v/ likes Siege, TF2 and any arena shooter, really
>>
File: 1398358096941.jpg (71KB, 581x654px)
1398358096941.jpg
71KB, 581x654px
>>383996856
>>
>>383996730
>This entire fucking board is the most contrarian bullshit ever
>And they only like them because they're not popular,
>Nu-V does not
Hello irony.
Also you basically just admitted "Nu-/v/" likes popular games more than anything else. If a game isn't popular 9 times out of 10 it'll get shit on by /v/.
>>
File: 1278887866504.png (196KB, 485x409px)
1278887866504.png
196KB, 485x409px
>PUBG
You are already flavor of the month and soon to be forgotten ha ha ha
>>
>>383992652
>not playing as the most pale white guy with a red afro
>>
>>383992652
>black girl for mimimum visibility

This is bullshit.
>>
>drop down
>find a SCAR
>win
>>
I have 47 hours in this fucking game and never found any scope better than the holosite
Got a 4x once off someone i killed
>>
>>383985891
>streamer bait: the game
Half the people talking about how great it is don't even play it.
>>
>1 map
>full of copypasta assets
>poor quality animations
>clunky movement
>awful driving physics
>hackers

Amazing game. Stop shilling Early access crap that'll be dropped before it's ever completed.
>>
File: 1453294830278.gif (978KB, 154x154px)
1453294830278.gif
978KB, 154x154px
>>383994807
That just means you're playing against shit snipers. Anybody with enough hours will 1HKO you immediately.
>>
File: 1378591409176.png (279KB, 550x700px)
1378591409176.png
279KB, 550x700px
>>383999627
>Anybody with enough hours will 1HKO your entire squad immediately

Just because you get murdered by a single sniper, doesn't mean everyone else is as bad as you.
>>
>>383989181
Luck and balls. Most people say not to engage anyone when playing solo and to just camp, but nothing is as fun as destroying a 3 man stack solo.
>>
File: 1453963826382.jpg (109KB, 755x960px)
1453963826382.jpg
109KB, 755x960px
>>383990302
>he doesn't realize you can just buy it in EA and then refund it once it comes out
>>
>>383990969
>has a team of over 60 developers and a real studio behind it
That's pretty damning given what a terrible state it's in. If 60 people can't do a better job than this then I don't gave much hope for the finished(>implying) product.
>>
>>383994726
>blatant shill
nigger, at least try to show some counter argument and prove it wrong, u fucking braindead retard
>>
File: 1415441999508.jpg (44KB, 640x480px)
1415441999508.jpg
44KB, 640x480px
>>383992875
LoL threads used to be a big thing here, before /vg/. Also most of /v/ agrees Minecraft was something magical before hunger update. Had yuo been here more than a month, you might even know this, but now you just outed yourself as a newfag.
>>
>>383994347
>implying /v/ has any friends who could pressure them into buying it
>>
literally every single time I've died, I have no idea where the fuck they even were
Thread posts: 214
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.