[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just finished this and holy fuck this game was surprisingly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: Sonic_unleashed360.jpg (284KB, 1000x1413px) Image search: [Google]
Sonic_unleashed360.jpg
284KB, 1000x1413px
I just finished this and holy fuck this game was surprisingly awesome

why the fuck do critics hate it?
>>
Werehog sucked.
>>
The werehog bits are terrible and bring the fun to a screeching halt. People want to go fast
>>
>>383983320
Werehog.
That said, he's surprisingly fun once you max it up, so I really think having to level him up was a terrible mistake from SEGA's part to appral to the japanese market
>>
Werehog and that's it.
Kinda unfair since everything else was amazing, even the comfy hubs.
>>
>>383983405
>>383983425
>>383983448
Whats wrong with the werehog? I thought the platforming and puzzles were well designed
>>
>>383983610
>not muh sonic!
that's why people hate it
>>
>>383983610
Worst part was the battle music unnecessarily interrupting the fantastic level themes.

Honestly I thought the Werehog was a lot better than say, the shooting and hunting stuff from the adventure games.
>>
>>383983610

There's nothing wrong with it on a technical level.

It functions well and it some of the level design is top notch

But it's a significant pace breaking change from what people were expecting.

If the game were cut in half and sold as their own thing, I'm sure the Werehog would have been better received. The gameplay is fun enough when it's not put into the same context frame as Sonic.
>>
>>383983610
>I thought the platforming and puzzles were well designed
That's because you have no standards.
>>
>>383983425
I've never even seen footage of unleashed, did sonic team really make a game that's half a normal sonic game and half a gimmick?

See I get that sonic is a mascot character even though he's multiplat. That means he has spin offs and genre games and they do all types of weird shit with him. But at least get it right. There's no platforming in mario kart or mario party. Anyone with half a brain would make this a werewolf game staring sonic, not a sonic game broken up by werewolf gameplay.
>>
Night stages were ass and the only good thing about them (the music) was constantly interrupted.
>>
>>383985172
The Adventure games were even more gimmick.
>>
Because it does the same dumb shit as the Adventure games and breaks the game up with shit nobody gives a fuck about.

Werehog is okay on its own, but it's such a stark contrast from Sonic. The real problem is all the other shit they shove in your face. Literally being required to collect the dumb medals, in a franchise that's notable for making shit like that optional and incentivizing the player to want to go back and do that shit. Or the pretty hub worlds that really serve no purpose but to waste your time and make you go on fetchquests. Or the constant fucking loading screens.

It's still better than pretty much every modern Sonic game that came before it, but it suffers most of the same problems.
>>
Werehog fights are more like Jak & Daxter if it were a beat-em-up. Feels nice, but the combat is majorly a distraction and padding. It's most tolerable if you put all your stats into expanding the movelist and staying otherwise underpowered.
>>
>>383983320
This is the best game i have ever played
>>
>>383984292
DAnadanadada DADADAAAH
>>
>>383983610
Platforming is solid.
Puzzles are brain dead.
Combat is shallow and repetitive and happens way too often and interrupts the god tier level themes.

Should have been mostly platforming. Should have actually been the 3D Ristar some retards like to claim it was.
>>
>STOP
>now pull a bunch of stupid levers, do some rubbery as fuck swinging, and fight a bunch of the same shit with the same small movepool with unsatisfying hits while drums blare over everything
>>
/v/ how the fuck are you praising this game

>loading times
>piss poor level design
>bad progression
>bad fighting mechanics
>Ice world
>shitty art design
>FUCKING ICE WORLD
>shit fur parallax mapping
>choppy framerate
fuck this game
>>
File: 1.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
>>383986656
>Ice world
>FUCKING ICE WORLD
What's the issue? Has Sonic ever done an ice level incorrectly?
Sonic seems to consistently avoid the stuff that people hate about the archetypal ice level such as ice floors that remove most friction from movement.

>shitty art design
How?
It looks pretty solid even in screenshots, let alone when you're zooming past all the scenery at crazy fast speeds.
>>
Even the 'good half' is pretty bland. Mostly automated string of QTES and mini games. And sonic controls like ass at slow speeds.

Also they put a retard in charge of mapping the controls. Homing attack and air boost have no business both being mapped to X when nothing is mapped to A

Oh, and chip is easily more grating, cringe inducing, and obnoxious than every bit of dialog from sa1, sa2, heroes, shadow, and 06 combined.
>>
File: 1424787032167.png (102KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1424787032167.png
102KB, 250x250px
Everytime I remember that critics gave the 360/PS3 versions 3/10 (worse than 06 at 4/10) and Wii/PS2 7/10 I get my maxiumum reeeeeee on, like seriously it's fucked
>>
>>383987716
the ice hub world is one of the most frustrating things to traverse around in
>>
>>383987961
Critics are absolutely retarded when it comes to Sonic.
Sonic 4: Episode I is far more highly rated than Episode II, for instance.
Just stupid and embarrassing.
>>
>you now remember werehog was in the Jak game for PSP
>they copied a sonic game
Who the fuck copies a sonic game after 1996?
>>
>>383987961
Yeah, reviewers were beyond unnecessarily harsh on the game.

That doesn't make it some hidden gem deserving of autistic veneration and worship like unleashed fag would have you believe.
>>
>>383987961
This was so incredibly frustrating.
>>
File: 1496393674039.jpg (15KB, 281x350px) Image search: [Google]
1496393674039.jpg
15KB, 281x350px
>>383987961
>>383989619
>play it all the way through on Wii
>sonic levels good, werehog levels bad, overall alright
>go to friend's house and play on PS3
>holy fuck it controls completely different (and better)
>holy fuck there are a bunch more levels
>holy fuck there are boss fights
>holy fuck, there are cutscenes that are VITAL TO THE PLOT BUT NOT IN THE WII VERSION
What the fuck Nintendo?
>>
>>383990304
The wii and ps2 couldnt handle the hedgehog engine and the levels of speed seen in the HD version. If you really want the best experience, its on an xbox 360 with the game installed. I actually am friends with a massive sonic unleashed fangirl and shes been saying it will become BC on the xbox one soon.

I would buy one if microsoft did that, sonic unleashed is a pretty fucking great game
>>
>he hasn't heard of Eggmanland
>>
>>383983610
This. I liked everything about the game, except Eggmanland as it was a jump in the difficulty.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.