[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This caught my eye at a local used game shop. I've never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: lostmagic-nds.jpg (58KB, 600x540px) Image search: [Google]
lostmagic-nds.jpg
58KB, 600x540px
This caught my eye at a local used game shop. I've never heard of it and was wondering if any of you played it and what you guys think of it.
>>
Magic system is neat, the multiplayer was semi hilarious. All I can remember, do it.
>>
File: Lock's_Quest.jpg (25KB, 250x229px) Image search: [Google]
Lock's_Quest.jpg
25KB, 250x229px
>>383979247
I also picked it up way back.

It might be nostalgia goggles speaking here but I do recall it being really fun to play, was neat finding stupid magic spell combos to remove kebab with. Story is alrightish and there's some branching paths you can take in the later parts.

Multiplayer was also good but I assume that's completely dead unless you do something locally.

There was also some post-game pokemon collecting content which I never touched.

>was about to try and start a discussion on obscurish DS games like pic related
>find out lock's quest recently got a pc remake

Oh boy time to see if it's any good.
>>
It was probably one of my favorite games on the original DS.
I loved how you basically controlled a small army, and basically supported them with spell casting.
>>
>>383980160
I think there's a ps4 version of it......or steam....
>>
>>383980643
I hear there's a really awesome evil route is that true?
>>
>>383979247
Dude this game is fucking great. It has nice challenge, and the magic system gives you tons of freedom. It is most def an RTS though, so don't get the wrong impression. If you have any questions in specific let me know.
>>
>>383980740
That route is pretty good. You don't get access to all the spells, but it changes the story a lot.
>>
>>383980831
>>383980912
>>383979487
>>383980160
Thanks guys it's 4$ at the shop and I think I'll swing by and pick it up
>>
Also I remember this having a fun magic system with a monster collection mechanic.
I guess it's rare now or someshit and goes for a fuck ton.wish I kept it
>>
>>383981464
Forgot pic
>>
>>383980657
I had a look at the reviews, apparently the port is an utter shitfest of a trainwreck.

>sales will be bad
>we never get any drawn to life remakes
Why live?
>>
>>383982943
>Why live?
Girlfriend won't let me kill myself.
>>
it looks comfy as most ds titles do
>>
>>383982943
drawn to life was shit and is no reason to lwant to live or die.
spongebob drawn to life is a different story
>>
File: not rare or expensive.jpg (174KB, 811x752px) Image search: [Google]
not rare or expensive.jpg
174KB, 811x752px
>>383981464
>>383981545
>I guess it's rare now or someshit and goes for a fuck ton
It most certainly is not and does not. The super expensive ones are outliers and likely overvaluing it, even if it's factory sealed.
>>
>>383983326
>drawn to life was shit
I mean it kinda was. It was a passable platformer at best with an entertaining gimmick. I pirated it way way back and tried to play the game by drawing EVERYTHING as a penis and balls so that was pretty entertaining but I got bored of trying to think of new ways to draw dicks to fit the shape templates for everything about halfway through.
>>
>>383983806
I may pick it up to relive some of my youth thanks anon
>>
>>383979247
This game is probably THE BEST ds game.
Story is pretty neat, strategy elements are easy to learn, at the start, and demanding at the end, and it has a super neat magic nomination set up part way through, by 2 hours in you'll be drawing runs faster than light and loving every second of it
>>
>>383979247
It's one of those 'good idea, questionable implementation' kind of games. The magic system with drawn runes and multiple combinations is probably the most extensive magic system I've ever encountered. But the gameplay basically devolves into 'push your monsters to stand on the warp gates'. It's also balls hard, too. This was a game that could have used a sequel that ironed out the flaws of the original, because the core gameplay idea is still really great.
>>
be prepared to make your own spell list with all the rune combinations
so many spells.
>>
>>383979247
Oh my god Matt, we've talked talked about this at work, it was great then and it's great now.
>>
>>383985125
It has a sequel. I didn't like it as much
>>
>>383981545
This game was fun, but the ending was weird and pretty unrewarding, I feel like I missed some shit.
>>
>>383985754
Wait, it did? I just assumed that the way the game ended didn't leave any room for a sequel.
>>
This game murdered my touch screen as a kid
>>
>>383985754
What's the sequel called?
>>
>>383985882
Yeah it's Jap only on the Wii. It had to make concessions going from touch screen to Wiimote
>>
>>383986025
Takt of magic. It removes the capturing mechanic, there is no mp, and you can only move monsters in groups by species.
>>
>>383979247
This game has the best evil route in any game ever. Its a fucking shame that we don't get evil routes like this anymore.
>>
>>383986487
>implying
Somebody didn't play Soul Nomad
>>
>>383986575
>ps2

Nope I didn't. Elaborate on how it was better.
>>
This shit was extremely my jive
>get late game runes
>experimenting and shit
>combine fire 3 and light 3
>fire out a god damn dragon made of pure light
This game is legit what made me start wanting to play pure mages in rpgs so much. To this day i still always try to do magic focused builds in every game that allows it.
This game spoiled me with its ridiculously good magic system though. Not many games compare with it.
>>
>>383986662
>whole world makes up and bonds together to defeat you
>including one of the big bad godzilla monsters from the title
>who pretty much have stroke of conscious after witnessing the shit you've done
>even the demon soul that pushed you to be evil starts to have doubts about the whole thing
>you power up by literally eating up that soul and proceed to slaughter everyone
>including gods, effectively unmaking two worlds
>>
>>383987337
Sounds pretty dope.

What makes Lost Magic's evil run so good is that you get to kill everyone who was your "friend" you get to hear them scream and beg you to stop. Then at the end she kills you like the idiot you are. Showing you that you were nothing the whole time and were foolish for siding with her.
>>
Lost magic has an evil route? I kinda want to replay it now?
>>
>>383988423
When you get the option to hand over the wand to save trista or keep the wand and let trista die, if you keep the wand it starts you on an evil path.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.