[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>let's just plop down some giant craters, fields of fire,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 511
Thread images: 64

File: Cataclysm_Cover_Art.png (347KB, 350x495px) Image search: [Google]
Cataclysm_Cover_Art.png
347KB, 350x495px
>let's just plop down some giant craters, fields of fire, and destroy some towns in our beautiful world, and leave it like this forever LOL
>>
>>383976698
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39j5v8jlndM
>>
No, seriously, who even fucking cared about Cataclysm?
>>
the weirdest thing about all that is that Blizzard has such a huge hard on for phasing technology at that time, but used it terribly. It was the perfect chance to show zones actually improving after questing through them.
>>
it was pretty fucking cool at the time

the trailer was nice and the event where deathwing would fly by your area and burn everyone to death was neat

they really should have a post-cata world ready by now though, shit's old
>>
Everything after Ulduar is shit
>>
>>383976934
BUT THE WORLD IS IN RUINS FOREVER HUGE FIRE CHASMS GINORMOUS MAELSTROMS DECIMATED CITIES ISNT THAT SO COOL
>>
>>383976762
>wow thread
>ffxiv post in the first few replies
why? I hardly see any wow shitposting in ffxiv threads
>>
>>383976802
I did. It finally made me stop playing. It was great.
>>
File: Mywife_2017.05.20_224509.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Mywife_2017.05.20_224509.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>383977276
FF11 threads get shitposted into oblivion with a certain level of fervor. Its so offensive to the ff14 players for some unknown reason.
>>
Cata was trash.
Everything after cata is trash.
Wotlk was half trash.
Blizzard has no idea what they're doing anymore.
>>
>>383976935
>they really should have a post-cata world ready by now though
leveling is a time fucked mess anyways, especially if you're horde and there's a new warchief every time you go back to org
>>
>>383977580
>Everything after cata is trash.
MoP was the best expansion though.
>>
>>383977710
No it was not, fuck you.
BC was the best expansion, and even that was a step down from vanilla.
>>
>>383977629
Damn....I feel that pain.
I miss the simple days. Before any sort of group/dungeon/raid finder
>>
>>383977764
all of WoW was shit
>>
>>383977825
Get out, you don't belong here.
>>
>>383977764
BC had shit zones and leveling was dicks
>>
>>383977710
Why are people still trying to push this meme?
>>
File: 1359154200191.jpg (85KB, 720x479px) Image search: [Google]
1359154200191.jpg
85KB, 720x479px
What if the next expansion changes the entire world again, except you have ten more levels, and all of Azeroth is linked together?

You can now have your own boat, and travel all these seas, how would you feel?
>>
>>383977864
nah, nothing you can do about it bitch fuck

your MMO was always garbage
>>
>>383977420
But ff11 is an actually good game, while ff14 is just a good carrot on a stick simulator
>>
>>383977580
Actijewblizzard actually. Blizzard isnt blizzard anymore. Hasnt been for a long for a long time
>>
Cata heroics were awesome on launch. Phasing was so shit that Alliance couldn't unlock a huge part of southern Twilight Highlands. The writing was on the wall for talents, only to replace with an even shittier version of them in Legion with artifact weapons. Professions were ok, first tier of raids sucked ass. Allowing flying in oldworld killed a ton of shit. Reforging was a good addition though. All in all though, it helped kill wow as we knew it.
>>
I think we are finally going to see changes in the new expansion. Based on leaked dialogue, we beat Sargeras at the end of Legion, and based on that Shadow Priest weapon's dialogue something related to finally beating the legion helps more old god shit awaken. This would be the perfect way to in a way "infect" Azeroth, especially since so many of the good guys are on Argus at this point in the story.

>>383976934
But they did do this. Desolace's entire campaign is based around this. So is Hyjal's. You also got places like Westfall and Worgen starting zone that have less positive outcomes as well considering how their storylines end.
>>383977002
More like everything after Ulduar is when PvE got decent. Everything before was zero mechanical complexity junk. Pre-Ulduar, every fight literally was "actually learn the mechanics, then fight is easy as shit once you know them". Compared to some encounters today, Ulduar starts to feel that way too since it was Blizzard's first mechanics intensive raid.
>>
The whole "Cataclysm" idea is a bit silly especially considering how inconsistent the devastation is, but in a sense it's also "cool".

But Blizzard really didn't think things through with that one. While it's in a sense interesting to visit wrecked areas, the key word is on "visit". While the old world presented a sort of believable status quo before and after finishing the quests, it just doesn't make sense for goblins or Booty Bay not to clear up rubble from their city or rescue the riches from the damn statue for instance. Elements are still raging years after Deathwing is put to rest, rivers are still flooding, walls of a capital city are still broken and unattended, you name it. Moreover, the apparent passage of time from since Cataclysm took place is really inconsistent. In goblin/worgen starting areas it takes place during the quests, in some areas player enters after what presumably is hours, and in others life has sort of normalized and it must be months since the events.

And of course, the wrecked areas aren't "comfy", which was a major strength in World of Warcraft.
>>
>>383977764
>BC
Spoken like a true wrath babby who wasn't actually there.
Keep parroting opinions you hear on /v/.
>>
>>383978619
I liked BC way better than Vanilla. The end game was top tier.
>>
File: 1488550359969.jpg (135KB, 1002x668px) Image search: [Google]
1488550359969.jpg
135KB, 1002x668px
>>383976698
Reminder: Blizzard actually drew a fucking dick into the map of Badlands.

This is the level of arrogance they had at the end of WotLK. WoW sold itself on its world, and the screwed it up.
>>
>>383978506
>This would be the perfect way to in a way "infect" Azeroth

So Azeroth would get even uglier?
>>
File: 1345662532719.jpg (9KB, 264x191px) Image search: [Google]
1345662532719.jpg
9KB, 264x191px
>>383979576

>That shitty ass quest with the dwarf, blood elf and gnome
>they all count their stories about wrecking Deathwing's shit
>you can choose to be a faggot with the blood elf
>>
>>383978506
This, looking back a lot of people realize that executing the mechanics of shit in naxx, khara, bt, etc was all actually quite easy. The hard part was meeting the individual class competency checks, and at most levels that was ironed out by mid wrath.
Now everyone is their own fucking cog in the machine and they have to know the mechanics like the back of their hand or use add-ons to track information available through the UI in more practical ways.
>>383979324
The end game was okay if you like tank n spanks. The only fight that was really memorable was mu'uru, and that's because the tuning on it initially was really harsh, aka the individual competency checks made it hard to keep up with the damage needed in the right places.
>>
File: 1493066398838.png (300KB, 349x534px) Image search: [Google]
1493066398838.png
300KB, 349x534px
>>383976698
>also wipe all old quest chains, lore, and player interaction, replaced with linear action movies and PHASING

Fuck, don't remind me. Cata was where lorefags went to die and it's only gotten worse
>>
>>383980275
What amazes me is that they couldn't even offer the courtesy of putting Vanilla in the Caverns of Time.

Imagine all the bitching about Classic Servers that would go away had they done that.
>>
>create awesome egypt zone
>max level before you even finish the story line
>no one wants to run pyramid dungeon
>forced to run shitty desert city dungeon 1000 times.
>quit so hard from boredom you ignore MoP
>come back after MoP and realize it was the best expanion
>max level super fast and no one cares about MoP anymore
>LEGION
>SURAMAR HYPE FROM DEVS
>TIME LOCKED GATED FACTION BULLSHIT
>NEW ISLAND
>SURAMAR 2.0 but w/ demons
>>
>>383980369
Oh, and their reasoning at the time was because they didn't want to split the playerbase, and make the world seem empty, but these dumb fucks didn't seem to factor in the entirety of Cata's leveling was geared toward solo play, with phasing basically making partying impossible.
>>
I'm still seriously pissed that they killed 10 man raiding. The preferred way to raid for the vast majority of the player base, all gone just so the top 200 players can smash their face against Kil'jaeden for 800 wipes.
>>
>>383976698
>>383976802
t. casual faggots that never completed heroic nu-deadmines prenerf
>>
>>383976698
I always thought this was the rock bottom for WoW, then fucking WoD came along. God damn looking back on it all it seems like someone deliberately wanted WoW to go to shit. Such a disaster.
>>
>>383980540
Nah, Cata is still the worst. Cata's stench still stretches into the game today.
>>
>>383979836
>shitty
that quest was great, fuck you no fun allowed faggot
>>
>>383980483
Honestly, this. Really, flex raiding is vastly more accessible and makes it easier to form a semi casual raiding guild, but the party size separation and difficulty settings we a big deal to lose.
>>
>>383980591
if you think Cata wasn't great at launch you were a casual shitter that had zero heroic clears or raid progression.
>>
>>383980678
Fuck your nostalgia about the launch of an expansion, all the shitty problems with Cata still exist the moment you step outside of Stormwind or Org.
>>
>>383980540
jungle zones are shit in every game

I fucking loved WOD up until that faggot ass jungle grind zone and then HFC sucked ass too. It was a stupid fucking legion tie in.

Im so pissed that Ner'zhuls staff wasn't in the game as a lootable item. I'm pissed that so much of the expansion was just scrapped and we got nothing but jungle grindy times. Was absolute shit.
>>
>>383979576
>dragon's mouth at the tip of the penis
kek
>>
>>383980674
And flex raiding becomes completely pointless when the balancing is shit. Why bother going in with ten friends when you can get 20 randoms from group finder and make the whole thing ten times easier?
>>
>>383980763
You know someone at Blizzard really wanted to name that "Dragon's Head," but were asked to tone it back.
>>
>>383980725
Again, you never did the heroic or raid content. Cata was praised for its leveling zones, and Vash'jr is still the most unique zone they've made.
>>
>>383980851
Deepholm was shit and you better not defend it
>>
>>383980851
>Cata was praised for its leveling zones

Cata created isolated leveling experiences where you followed a singular linear quest chain that never made you step outside of the zone, and never had you party with any living people.

The visuals were fucked up. The story was fucked up. It was a shitshow. You praise Heroics, which were quickly nerfed, and ignore how Vash'jr was a nightmare for anyone who wasn't a spellcaster.
>>
>>383980483
This change killed my guild which was one of the last lines of defense on a severely imbalanced server. The only logical response was to find a server with a bigger pool of raiders so they left.
>>
>>383980939
Not going to, even if I liked the aesthetic. Still, only one zone was anything approaching bad.
>>
>>383980774
Depends, sometimes fights are easier with small groups.
Some are harder with larger groups. If randos perform better than your friends your friends suck at the game, plain and simple, even in flex raiding.
>>
>>383980448
>>create awesome egypt zone

Do nothing with it but Indiana Jones shitty reference quests.

Because of flying you arent exploring a cool vast Dessert your just jumping from point a to point b.
>>
>>383980494
You know the prenerf cata dungeons were fun and hilarious. But lets not pretend they would have stayed fun.

Its one thing watching your server first raiding guild MT get splattered because he's mostly in quest gear because you cheesed the lock out with pvp gear.
It's another to have a pug wipe on your second alt for the 10th time on the ettin because he could just oneshot you.

And ozruck, the ettin and the faceless general were legitimately overtuned/had mechanics some classes couldn't counter.
>>
>>383981056
>Still, only one zone was anything approaching bad.

Bullshit spouted by someone who never leveled properly in Vanilla. The fundamental way leveling was handled was the death knell indicator that WoW wanted to de-emphasize interacting with other human beings.

Phasing basically made forming a party for anything outside a dungeon impossible.
>>
>>383981036
>quickly nerfed
Hence why I specified prenerf you casual faggot.

Launch Heroic Deadmines is still the best 5 man content they've ever made.

>never had you party
Strange, I remember doing Hyjal with my guildies and ganking everyone on the way to the finish. Must suck not having any friends :(

>story
lol
>>
>>383981036
>Cata created isolated leveling experiences where you followed a singular linear quest chain that never made you step outside of the zone, and never had you party with any living people.

God this was the worst and Blizzard continue with this linear boring questing design. Like everything in Mop is really fun the first time. Every other time you have to go through the same linear quest chains with the breaks for the 5 minute npc conversations is just boring and unfun.

>Vash'jr was a nightmare for anyone who wasn't a spellcaster.

Hey your the reason we can't get an underwater zone again thanks fuckboi for not being able to deal with fighting things underwater.
>>
>>383981036
>singular linear quest chain that never made you step outside of the zone
Tell me this isn't some hardcore nostcuck sideways praise for the vanilla quests that required you to go to a whole other continent through a zone to high for you and back. The most reviled thing about vanilla questing aside from the last two levels of grinding raptors.
>>
>>383981329
>>Hence why I specified prenerf you casual faggot.

So your best argument was some dungeons were okay for a couple months?

lol

>Strange, I remember doing Hyjal with my guildies and ganking everyone on the way to the finish. Must suck not having any friends :(

Really? How many of them could drop in and drop out any time they wanted? Cause Phasing a fucking bitch in Hyjal, I'll tell you that.

And it wasn't just the story, it was the aesthetics. WoW sold itself on its world, and Blizzard fucked it up by adding a bunch of fire and craters.
>>
>>383981268
hard mode: tell me why any zone but Deepholme was bad, without using "muh phasing" that still didn't stop me from participating in tons of world PVP.
>>
>>383981329
Foe reaper was becoming a grind even before the nerf, it was impossible to get enough gear to survive it before the raid opened. I was in most preraid bis and it could still slaughter my group.
>>
>>383981453
There were bad instances where you had to travel places, but Cata made each zone insular. It didn't feel like a world, so much as a new hub for questing.

Even zones right next to each other. Everything basically took place in one single map area.
>>
>>383976698
Nah mate it was good. They really spent a lot of time redesigning the world and it was nice to quest in the heart of azeroth instead of some gay planet. Would be great to be able to quest in the zones at any level like in legion.
>>
>>383981509
I've explained it. Parties were made obsolete. Everything was intended to be soloed. Phasing made interacting with people more difficult, and questing was insular experiences that took you from one zone to the next by the nose. There was no exploring, or allowing you to forge your own path. You checked the Call Board, took the breadcrumb quest, and followed the linear story progression.
>>
>>383981509
World PVP died when battlegrounds were introduced, how can phasing have anything to do with it? Do you mean ganking?
>>
>>383981502
>muh phasing
Literally never had any problem with it. Perhaps you played a year after launch when the zones died down?

>muh aesthetics
What fire and craters are you talking about?
The small zone in Hyjal? The Firelands (lol)?

Cataclysm's zones were beautiful, Vash'jr, Deepholme, and Skywall are still great looking to this day.
>>
File: 1499750585542.png (379KB, 716x621px) Image search: [Google]
1499750585542.png
379KB, 716x621px
>>383977967
Aaaaahhhhhh
>>
>>383981830
Why are you ignoring that there was an entire 1-58 experience that Blizzard revamped, and was one of the major sellers of the expansion? Their selling point being how they "destroyed" Azeroth.

Which, by the way, was all sorts of fucked up. 1-58 takes places after Wrath. Then you go to BC, do Wrath, and go to Cata again.

No one Blizzard encourages people to level boost.
>>
>>383976698
>lets create a gigantic world of interesting zones and make them empty because levelling through them is a huge chore compared to instance spamming and max level characters have no reason to ever return LOL
>>
>>383981830
Skywall was the only good looking part of Cata and it didn't even get a zone, just two instances
>>
>>383978541
This
>>
>>383981968
i level boost to avoid WoD
10 fucking levels....of WoD
>>
File: 383391.jpg (548KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
383391.jpg
548KB, 1920x1080px
>>383977923
Because it's not a meme. You're just creatively bankrupt and trained to be shallow.

Even after Cata, they managed to commit the biggest crime to date. And then desecrated it further in Legion.

How about blowing up Alt Draenor? I wouldn't mind seeing that place fuck off.
>>
>>383981437
>Hey your the reason we can't get an underwater zone again

No, it was the fact that Blizzard's shitty engine doesn't handle people/mobs moving around in water well at all. That's the reason why we're unlikely to get another underwater zone.
>>
>>383980591
Cata was horrible, but MoP was able to recover from it decently, although it still suffered from its own bad stuff with the tedious welfare legendary time gating. The raw gameplay was still salvageable. Garrisons fundamentally destroyed WoW. Legion could have recovered from WoD's depression, but the garrison garbage corrupted the game to its core.
>>
>>383982105
wtf
the levelling in wod is better than anything that came before it
>>
>>383981619
>even zones right next to each other
There were none, the whole expansion was a world tour.

>>383981747
>everything was intended to be soloed
Everything has been since the creation of hunters, pallies, and warlocks.

The rest of your paragraph's origins are in Wrath, not Cata.

>>383981968
Level boost didn't exist during Cata, the time shit existed since Wrath with the Death Knight starting zone

>>383982025
Deepholme and Vash'jr are great looking. My favorite part of Deepholme is the mercury waterfalls with the giant slow blobs of viscous dripping.
>>
>>383982198
No it isn't
>>
>>383981968
Not doing this puts them in the same boat, like how felwood and winter springs would suddenly take place 4 years before hyjal same with the wetlands and twilight highlands.
Or how blackwing decent would take place in a different time to the zone it was in, the same with some of the new 5mans and the revamped 5 mans.
>>
>>383982198
it's SHITTTT, are you fucking kidding me?! Most of WoD was a Garrison gimmick and you have to relive that shit every. fucking. alt. If you don't boost. I've already done those entry zones on both factions plenty of times and that stupid starting area with that faggot wizard.
>>
>>383982254
>There were none, the whole expansion was a world tour.

"Tour" is right. You were taken places, rather than you exploring them. From your first level, to your last, you were on a chain, and were never intended to go off it.

In Vanilla, quests could bring you from Elwynn, to Westfall, to Redridge, to Duskwood, all around the same leveling range, and you could do quests in multiple zones at the same time. You weren't just checking off boxes of completion to get you to the next curated experience.

>Everything has been since the creation of hunters, pallies, and warlocks.

Elite quests were a thing, buddy. Even then, you discouraged from grouping due to things like the linearity, and phasing. It was a one man show until end game.

>Level boost didn't exist during Cata,

Blizzard realized they had too big of a mess on their hand to fix.

the time shit existed since Wrath with the Death Knight starting zone

Which was instanced. You could do the vanilla quests if you wanted.

Can't do that after Cata.
>>
>>383981968
If Blizzard were decent they would just cut the cap back down to 60 and have all old expansion content (not counting EK/Kal) in the same 10 or 20 levels. Leveling has become such a brutal joke, it only still exists so that Blizzard can line their pockets with level boost dosh.
>>
>>383982520
That would mean there's a linear progression of story. You do the events beforehand, and it takes you to new events afterwards.
>>
>>383982598
>Blizzard realized they had too big of a mess on their hand to fix.

They also realized the majority of people arent even going out into the world and questing they are just sitting in town using the group finder basically skipping the entire experience anyway.
>>
>>383982556
The point is WoD's levelling is better then anything that came before it once for one character because it's so story driven, which ironically makes doing it on alts hell on earth.
>>
>>383982734
Proof that they fucked up somewhere.
>>
>>383982734
They could have adjusted the balance of instance grinding and questing so instances weren't the obviously correct choice. Instead they chose not to do so for some bizarre reason.
>>
>>383976698
they need to do it again.

the worst part is that questing tech was so heavily updated in the next xpac, so it still feels like old content.

Re-doing the world once more with treasures and level sync enabled is just what the game needs. They could make some pretty comfy old world zones with the hearthstone aesthetic.
>>
>>383982734
>majority of people arent even going out into the world and questing they are just sitting in town using the group finder basically skipping the entire experience anyway
This and the player character lore power creep are the biggest problems in the game
>>
>>383982909

They honestly should have just implemented something where after the 5th or so dungeon finder group of the day you get less experience and don't get the big bonus xp at the end.
>>
>>383982941
graphic artists aren't slaves that work for free
you have to pay them
>>
>>383982941
gadgetzan needs a serious revamp though.
>>
Every time they've revamped areas, it's been a disaster. WoD was just Cata 2.0 with the caveat that you could still technically visit Outland- their one concession that unfortunately they didn't give to the Vanilla world.
>>
>>383983058
Yeah forcing your final alt for the class you like the least to quests when it's jacked to the gills on xp pots and heirlooms seems like a solid design decision.
>>
>>383976762
The thing with ARR is that it's already rebuilt. Most of the cities and shit got wiped off the map. You still have evidence that there was a calamity, but you don't have villages that are totally busted piles of shit 5ever.
>>383977276
Isn't there always some fags shilling their games? it's infantile to be sure though.
I like both WoW and XIV so I like to discuss both
>>383976698
Cata was the worst expansion seriously. An expansion should add, not subtract content. Some of the low level redesigns were ok but they removed too much of the old comfy game.
>>
>>383983241
Nigger if you're using exp pots and shit you ALWAYS quest. YOu get a quest log of 25 completed quests, pop the potion, and turn them all in.
>>
>>383978506
This. mimiron and yogg were some of my most memorable and favorite fights in those raids just because of how much I felt the fights progressed in terms of mechanical complexity. I remember my first time into illidan and just being surprised how fucking boring that fight was, and how easy it was (still wiped because of idiots in raid) but at the time people were treating it like it was the hardest thing ever, and it really wasn't.
>>
>>383983241
Heaven forbid you can't just faceroll your way to max level. Levelling used to take two months casually to cap and the game was vastly better for it
>>
>>383981229
Ozruk is just stupid mechanically and because his shatter was glitched/you'd die to server lag.
Throngus had some RNG that was gay and stupid yeah.

Erudax was fine, you just needed people that weren't shit DPS. Unfortunately that was harder to find than not.
>>
>>383979576
>the giant lazy chasm between stormwind and dun morogh because there wasn't any textured terrain between them before Cata
>the giant lazy chasm between badlands and loch modan because the texture in the mountains looked like shit connecting the two

Flying in Azeroth is really jarring when you realize how the world is just stitched together.
>>
File: Times change.jpg (101KB, 1920x1018px) Image search: [Google]
Times change.jpg
101KB, 1920x1018px
>101 zones
>14 cities
>95 dungeons
>39 raids
>16 scenarios

>Most of this shit is completely irrelevant

Brings a tear to me eye
>>
>>383983515
This alt-a-thon they got going on in the game is ridiculous in itself, how about making your game so that you have enough shit to do on your main character to not have to level every class to fucking max. I didn't have another max level character until late TBC.
>>
So, I've never played WoW but the idea of an expansion like Cataclysm causing some end of days scenario with real consequences all over the world sounds really fucking cool. What is wrong with that exactly?
>>
>>383983703
It's been 7 years and the world hasn't changed at all since it happened.
>>
>>383983573
It was never intended to be viewed from that perspective.

There are plenty of videos on youtube that show the tricks developers use to stay efficient when they know players technically shouldn't be seeing certain visuals.

Designing game worlds is all about creating a giant facade.
>>
>>383983592
The game has been overdue for a proper sequel since Cata. Perhaps subs dropping below 2 mil or whatever horrendous figure they're down to now will be the kick in the pants they finally need. The success of WoW ruined Blizzard's creativity and made them super-conservative so as not to upset the rivers of gold coming from the game with any new or challenging ideas.
>>
>>383983703
>real consequences
world of warcraft is a theme park. cataclysm is the same theme park with some lava painted on it. The world has zero reactivity
>>
>>383983703
Because it never worked like that. It was the beginning of the implementation of new mechanics like in-game cinematics and phasing that would change the world as you quested.

Cataclysm came out like 6 years ago and they've never once went back to change the old stuff, except for the cities because people complained that they got tired of all the buildings being on fire and shit.
>>
>>383983703
because their were no consequences. the world should have been fucking annihilated or most of it

would have actually been smart
the missed the opportunity
>>
>>383983789
Blizzard were never creative and pretty much just ripped off everyone elses ideas since day one
>>
I love how the barrens is still the most tedious fucking thing to traverse and getting to tanaris takes a fucking day if you don't do the quests leading to it, which you won't because chances are 1k needles will be grey after you do whatever instance is level appropriate and gain 5 levels at once.

It infuriates me how much of a backdrop azeroth has become. leveling now is such a fucking tedious chore. At least pre cata you could argue that some people could go through and enjoy whatever boring grind there was with some semblance of coherence and structure in the story of each zone. but now you can't even make that argument, you fucking pass zones up about 60% into a zone's story even without heirlooms. the quests just become grey, and even if you do decide to stay and see a zone through, you pass up the next zone even faster in levels. It's so fucking lazy.
>>
When does the pvp in this game get fun? I'm lvl 72 and every just wacks each other for 10 minutes until someone finally dies.
>>
File: 1498707648853.png (13KB, 418x359px) Image search: [Google]
1498707648853.png
13KB, 418x359px
cata is the only objectively bad expansion, the game would straight up have millions more players rn if cata never happened
>>
I thought wod was pretty comfy for questing

the pvp zone was neat too. I miss the dk zone wide ability to keep spells with dark sim for multiple casts.
>>
File: 1455854916052.png (42KB, 846x592px) Image search: [Google]
1455854916052.png
42KB, 846x592px
>quit after defeating Deathwing
>watch new cinematics from Legion
>fucking Battle Star Galactica spaceships n shiet
I remember when this game was about grinding elementals and killing orcs. I want to go back to those days.
>>
>>383983759
yup. I would swim out to the edges of the terrain maps and walk along them with levitate/halloween candy in wrath that would let you wallwalk and just check out all the neat funky terrain that mashed together.

Exploration was so fun.
>>
>>383984067
it only goes downhill from there, because you can only have fun if you play like 3 classes.
>>
>>383984079
>WoD not bad
Yeaaah no
>>
>>383983515
the vast vast majority of people levelling today or even back when cata dropped were not new players it was a case of been there done that got the tshirt.
I'm sorry most of /v/'s opinion of how question should be is from when they were playing with their buddies getting their dwarf hunter to 35 then dropping the game so they remember levelling as everything. But levelling was never hard or important or meaningful.
You could hit max in around 2 weeks in vanilla if you were a good player without cheesing.

>>383983524
I never said Erudax was not mechanically broken but he was overtuned, maybe my recollection was off because cata was when my GM wanted to turn the guild into a top100 raiding guild and we were doing everything on the bleeding edge so we might have been undergeared a little but we had to seriously push to kill him every time.
>>
>>383984149
I'd say its a waste of money, but it didn't actively ruin parts of the game like cata
>>
>>383984079
The endgame of WoD was probably the worst the game has ever been. Garrisons were an appalling fig leaf of endgame content, and then they doubled down on it with shipyards which were somehow even less fun. Unbelievable.
>>
>>383984134
the only bad part about legion is how alt unfriendly it is for pve. Other then that the artifact system is pretty cool. It would be nice to have a choice of artifacts in future expansions.

How long until heirloom artifacts?
>>
>>383984079
Fuck this neo /v/ bullshit.
What was in cata was solid content, firelands is easily a top 5 raid.
The reason cata is remembered as shit was because of cut content and over a year of dragon soul, which was not only a terrible raid but also introduced lfr.
>>
>>383984242
Yes but cata literally made entire areas of WoW completely unfun and onbnoxious
>>
>>383984319
it's been a fuckign nightmare for me. I can't find a class I actually enjoy anymore so every time I go to try a new one I basically restart the grind. granted that's my own fault, but it's basically turned whatever fun I may have into a chore now.
>>
>>383984361
The reason Cata is shat on is because it completely fucked up leveling forever basically.
>>
>>383984361
Uldum is and vashjir are some of the worst zones ever conceived. Half of the xpac is outdated pop culture references, all the raids outside of firelands suck, entire quest lines just never going anywhere, and yes, dragon soul is a fucking terrible raid. They somehow managed to drop the ball with deathwing completely.
>>
>>383983703
Deathwing was a wuss. He went around breaking shit at the beginning of the expansion and even summoned Ragnaros back into the world. Then he got severely wounded by Alexstrasza and all that was brought to an end fairly quickly.

In the final fight with him after he spends all that time recuperating he gets blown to bits with a laser, attempts to flee and then gets his ass beaten again.
>>
>>383982267
>>383982556
You're a bunch of faggots if you think WoD is what needed skipping when MoP exists.
>>
>>383984153
>But levelling was never hard

You're being massively hyperbolic. If you hadn't been through it before, levelling was complex, confusing. The fastest level caps were 120hrs played and that was literal speedrunners playing hunters which were easymode. There was a healthy market for paid and free levelling guides for a reason. There's a reason levelling guides aren't even a thing anymore. The idea of Blizzard inflicting anything remotely as complex on the playerbase nowadays is laughable. They're so desperate to retain players so everything is heavily sanded down so you couldn't possibly get stuck.
>>
>>383984079
MoP killed WoW. Fucking panda's.
>>
>>383984729
you are fucking retarded if you genuinely think mop was worse than wod. I can't imagine what fucking delusional argument is in your head that would even suggest something like that. I'm gonna guess its LOL PANDAS
>>
>>383984242
debatable. While the severe lack of casual content was absolutely terrible and probably did more damage to the game than anything prior to it. Mythic raiding was incredibly fun.
To this day, WoD has some of the most interesting and fun bosses in teh game. Blackrock foundry was an amazing instance, and HFC was pretty fun until you finally beat Archimonde.

Garrisons were absolutely abhorrent, and the pvp was probably the worst it had ever been, and probably the worst it will ever be. Ability prune was largely unneeded, but luckily legion added some more depth back to the classes. Hopefully in the next expansion we'll have some genuinely fun, complex and rewarded specs to play.
>>
>>383976802
The new stuff they added was great and the classes were arguably at one of their best paired with pandaria. It was just the revamp of all the old stuff that fucked the expac so hard imo.
>>
>>383984808
>Mythic raiding was incredibly fun.
I don't doubt that, mythic raiders are <10% of the playerbase though and that's probably extremely generous. Casuals keep the lights on and WoD had basically nothing for them. No reason to run instances more than once. Timewalking was an extremely tepid response to complains about no 5 man content worth running with no rewards you would actually want. WoD was a barren desert for casuals. No wonder their playerbase literally halved during that xpac.
>>
>>383984805
>Hurr listen to this conversation for 15 min
>Hey follow me while I talk about shit you don't care about
>Go speak to the villagers
>Go become a monk lel - get drunk instead
Not to mention the quests where you're playing as npc's - shit was horrible, and having to go through that shit on alts is torture.
And I haven't even talked about how out of place it all felt - suddenly we're surrounded by hippies with their faggy chinese art-style with no orc/alliance city in sight.
>>
File: 34.png (428KB, 566x609px) Image search: [Google]
34.png
428KB, 566x609px
>>383982198
>>
>>383982598
>Elite quests were a thing, buddy.
You could always easily solo them unless you were playing a shitty class.
>>
>>383984808
>legion added some more depth back to the classes
Can't speak for other roles, but tanks have had quite the rollercoaster in terms of changes and "balance".
Druids better acknowledge that they got blizzard's golden buff hammer up their ass all expansion.
>>
>>383985078
Far from always. We're not talking a one off elite mob, surrounded by regulars, there were entire areas that were basically outdoor dungeons. The keep in Redridge, the troll area in The Hinterlands.

Fucking Andorhal. That area was so rough, Blizzard had to redesign it in a patch to remove walls.
>>
>>383985026
as opposed to fucking what?
>here's a bunch of orc and alliance cities
>here's a rehash of the story you already saw in warcraft, but with even less depth than before
>oops we forgot the rest of the content teehee
>just play this shitty phone game table instead

Your whole argument is "i don't like pandas" and youre defending a fucking half expansion over one that tried to bring some originality and creativity to the lore, told a coherent story, and actually made fucking sense within the world. I genuinely can't believe i'd see someone shit on mop to defend WoD
>>
>>383985214
>Far from always.
t. shitter that doesn't know what a hunter or warlock is
>>
>>383985323
i remember when warlocks were good too
>>
>>383985323
Yeah man, I'm sure you soloed Jintha'Alor.
>>
>>383984748
You're being wilfully obtuse to prove a point.
My PB in vanilla was 8 days so ~2 weeks was a more then fair claim. I also never said levelling now was harder then it was then because it's not it's just was never 'hard'.

Levelling guides existed because there were no quest markers, wikis didn't exist, there was not enough quest xp to go around and you couldn't spam dungeons. I'll concede it was confusing but hardly complex
>>
File: 1493269523910.png (284KB, 499x559px) Image search: [Google]
1493269523910.png
284KB, 499x559px
>Entire zones dedicated to memes and pop- culture references
>>
>>383985417
Worse, some zones had "topical" pop culture references.

Do you remember the movie MacGruber? Cause Blizzard references it in Hillsbrad.
>>
File: 1361104212788.gif (58KB, 752x752px) Image search: [Google]
1361104212788.gif
58KB, 752x752px
>>383985417
>Favorite environment in any MMO are deserts
>We finally get a new desert zone
>It's literally made up of nothing but Indiana Jones quests
>Anything remotely original takes place in the massive jungle-like oasis areas
>>
>>383985267
Oh yeah, panda's are an integral part of World of Warcraft indeed
>Remember that 1 hero we added that started out as an april's fools gimmick
And suddenly we get a whole expansion revolving solely around these fucks.
You talk of "story" as if that wasn't completely botched with MoP
>your whole argument is "i don't like pandas"
Nice reading comprehension, if you'd pay more attention you'd realize it was a complaint towards the shitty fucking leveling pace - it was a desperate attempt at creating a story and it was terrible.
>fly on my back champion - feel sorry for me :^)

>oops we forgot the rest of the content teehee
>just play this shitty phone game table instead
>here's a rehash of the story you already saw in warcraft, but with even less depth than before
All 3 of these can be applied to MoP as well. Fuck outta here pandaboy.
>>
>>383985527
They had to dumb down the references for the nine year old horde niggers.
>>
>>383980137
>the only memorable fight was meme'ru

how to spot someone that didn't raid in tbc
>>
>>383985651
>And suddenly we get a whole expansion revolving solely around these fucks.

The story isn't even about the fucking pandas, The overall fucking plot of the expansion is the horde and alliance war destroying their land. they're like a backdrop to the alliance and horde. You need to worry less about my reading comprehension and pay attention to the fucking game you're complaining about. And when the fuck did I say the pandas were integral? I said they were new, but the whole story that takes place in that expansion is about something we haven't touched on in like 2 expansions, so fuck off with trying to twist my words.

>>383985651
>All 3 of these can be applied to MoP as well. Fuck outta here pandaboy.
List them. I want to see where the equivalent to the garrison table is in MoP, i want to see where the complete lack of content is in comparison to WoD is in mop and I want to see a literal retreading of a story that we already saw is in MoP. The only argument you have is the SoO drought.
>>
>>383985406
I was talking about if you had other obligations other than levelling for 2 straight weeks. You can get a character past 60 in an afternoon now.
>>
>>383986116
With heirlooms and a darkmoon leveling buff maybe
>>
>>383980137
>competency checks
>do you have enough warblades?
>>
>>383976698
Cata seems like the most intense self destruction, like blizzard hated their game and their world and just tried to re-do everything in some soulless streamlined way. I don't know how exactly, but I guess the activision merge in 2008 + some of the lead WoW devs leaving in 2009 created some weird new team that wanted to make their mark on WoW, or something.
>>
File: Cairne_Bloodhoof_TCG.jpg (69KB, 550x617px) Image search: [Google]
Cairne_Bloodhoof_TCG.jpg
69KB, 550x617px
>>383980275
>Be one of the founders of the modern Horde
>Get absolutely nothing throughout the entirety of WoW
>Your best friend, Thrall, chooses some raging Orc retard to lead the Horde while he's away
>Die in a book the large majority of players have never read
>Most people don't even know you're dead
>Get absolutely fucking nothing in ways of a funeral, literally rotting on a pile of sticks in Mulgore
>The only acknowledgement of your death comes from a small quest during Children's Week
>Your son, Baine, isn't allowed to do fuck all either, and got cut out of the one major sub-story he was planned to have in Highmountain, all because some Alliance players whined about having to help a Horde character
>Garrosh is fucking dead, so your death had absolutely no meaning in the first place, and ultimately served no purpose
>On top of EVERYTHING, the person that's responsible for your death, Magatha, got away with everything that she did, and currently resides in the Shaman class hall, where Muln gets told to fuck off by Nobundo for getting reasonably angry at her even being there in the first place
>>
>>383976698
WoW became shit when they added the honor system. Prove me wrong nerds.
>>
>>383986389
That and nobody wants to admit it, but illidan and arthas were basically the end all be all to wow bosses. Sure there's other people like the legion and old gods. But they don't have the staying power of either. Blowing their loads on both of them so quickly probably wasn't the smartest idea. We should have gotten cata before either of those xpacs
>>
>>383986389
Blizzard had 12 million people playing WoW as Cata struck. There was this mix of massive ego, pressure, and hubris that did them in.
>>
>>383986389
Cory Stockton took over as lead game designer for Cata, the same guy that invented Garrisons for WoD and class halls for Legion.
>>
>>383986523
The OG Honor System was a massive shitshow, especially once Battlegrounds got introduced.

People spending 12+ hours a day grinding BGs, with multiple people on accounts.
>>
>>383986513
taurens are shit
how many clues did you need?
>>
>>383986513
Baine?
>>
>>383986597
The reason is was shit is that people weren't pvping for fun anymore but instead to earn points. PvP used to be about ganking and raiding.
>>
>>383986687
>taurens are shit
I can instantly say the same about you
>>
>>383986526
Honestly, nah. They did them at the right time. People like a good trilogy. WoW much not have dropped off as hard, but I doubt it'd ever hit the peaks it did had they not put Arthas as the second expansion.

Only way they could have mained though would have been to put Sargeras right after.
>>
>>383986762
You might be right. I'm sure a huge portion of wow success was the right time, right place and nonstop momentum. But man I would love to see an xpac like LK with the mechanics and graphics of today.
>>
>>383986754
I hate all furry races, sorry not sorry
>>
File: 300 percent.jpg (40KB, 500x738px) Image search: [Google]
300 percent.jpg
40KB, 500x738px
>>383980275
>>383980369
>>383980463
>>383986513
>>
>>383977864
he's right tho
>>
File: Baine art.jpg (132KB, 446x531px) Image search: [Google]
Baine art.jpg
132KB, 446x531px
>>383986719
He's a big bull
>>
File: WoW25b.jpg (332KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
WoW25b.jpg
332KB, 1920x1080px
>>383986867
Apologize.
>>
>>383986867
>Tauren
>Furry
>>
>>383987138
>covered in fur
>not furry
really gets the thinkoplexer gears rolling around in my noggin case
>>
>>383987070
I HATE ALL FURRY RACE
EXTERMINATUS ON FURFAGS
>>
>>383981453
vanilla encouraged team play because even simple quest level or two above you were too time consuming or hard to deal with alone so everyone is kinda polite and open to grouping, it feels real

in cata? nah, you're immortal doing group elite quests on your own, it encourages solo play because other faggot could get some nice drop, or farm your nodes and you don't want that since you don't need him anywa, plus there's phasing and destruction of the old world, new one looks like complete shit save for few new locations, still not worth what was lost
>>
>>383987178
>I can't enjoy anything: The Post
>>
>>383986526
I remember being totally shocked that illidan was going to be a mere raid boss, even though I didn't really care that much about the story.
>>
File: WoW21.jpg (191KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
WoW21.jpg
191KB, 1920x1080px
>>383987194
How cute anon.
>>
>>383983703
>So, I've never played WoW but the idea of an expansion like Cataclysm causing some end of days scenario with real consequences all over the world sounds really fucking cool. What is wrong with that exactly?
That's accurate, it was begining of the end for WoW, last WotLK patches were it's messengers. What's wrong? You're never going to play WoW when it was good.
>>
>>383976802
Same as this anon>>383977410
>>
>>383986513
>he was planned to have in Highmountain, all because some Alliance players whined about having to help a Horde character

God, is this true? Horde players still have to help Tyrande in Val. And she's talking shit to you while you do it, even though you're also there to save Malfurion.
>>
File: Chromie.png (167KB, 312x290px) Image search: [Google]
Chromie.png
167KB, 312x290px
>>383987513
Horde players also have to help Velen retake the Exodar.
Quality Blizzard writing.
>>
>>383987513
Alliance players still have a lot of resentment towards how they were treated in Cata.
>>
>>383984079
Cata and THEN the slow burn that was MoP (SoO was end game for an entire year and a fucking half) into the shitfest that was WoD. Legion is alright if you aren't into PvP, but even then it has its glaring flaws. WoW has been a complete mess since the end of Wrath
>>
>>383987565
Velen might as well be Neutral though. He doesn't have much resentment towards the Horde.
>>
>>383987591
Alliance players have always been massive crybabbies - and they keep getting their way too.
>>
>>383987513
>oh no tyrande doesn't like me all i did was wage a genocidal campaign against her people and her allies :*(
>>
File: Taurajo.jpg (292KB, 1174x523px) Image search: [Google]
Taurajo.jpg
292KB, 1174x523px
>>383987591
Figures the race with the most amount of crybabies also holds the longest grudges.

>>383987673
Doesn't change the fact that it's Alliance territory.
>>
>>383987513
>>383987565

Horde tears - best tears.
>>
>>383987673
Same can be said for Baine.
>>
File: I+SAID+CEASE+IT.jpg (20KB, 426x240px) Image search: [Google]
I+SAID+CEASE+IT.jpg
20KB, 426x240px
>>383984090
That's unecological and racist anon. Welcome the Diversity
>>
>>383987715
>>383987742
>crybabby mind
>>
>>383987715
They do have some reason to be annoyed. Blizzard left Stormwind on fire from 2010 until fairly recently and made an entire expansion that was basically a love letter to orcs. And I say that as an exclusively Horde player.
>>
>>383987715
Being Alliance during Cata was a shitshow. Rushed quests that made the entire faction look like the butt of everyone's joke.

I think it culminated when an employee, during Blizzcon, called Alliance players fags.

You know, the people who pay you $15 a month.
>>
I just realized garrisons are the closest we will ever get to player owned houses
>>
>>383987839
Yes, an expansion for ORCS. Not the Horde. ORCS. Horde get the least amount of representation when it comes to story.
>>
>>383987847
They are fags though.
>>
>>383987839
Is there still a giant crater where the park used to be?
>>
>>383987847
They should pay $30 for how big fags they are to be honest
>>
>>383987839
>>383987847
>Boo-hoo-hoo muh capital
>muh representation
The worst part is that blizzard listens to these fags.

>I think it culminated when an employee, during Blizzcon, called Alliance players fags.
Based - do you have a link?
>>
>>383987742
So are you just gonna pretend that the Alliance side of those quests, where your commander tells you that men have gone AWOL and begun desecrating Taurajo, and orders you to kill them on sight and rescue any civilians, doesn't exist?
>>
>>383987940
No, it's a giant memorial to Varian now.
>>
>>383987940
As of about nine months ago, no. They finally fixed it this expansion.
>>
>>383987269
>dressing up in my cow fursuit makes me feel really really good: The Post
>>
>>383988004
So he died before fixing it? Top lel.
>>
>>383987985
>>383987945
>>383987935
Why are horde players so edgy?
>>
>>383987986
>Alliance have to damage control to make something seem like it's not so bad when a bunch of their soldiers murder innocents for no reason
>>
>>383978025
Good games attract shit posting.
>>
File: Tauren01White.webm (3MB, 800x766px) Image search: [Google]
Tauren01White.webm
3MB, 800x766px
>>383988046
>>
>>383987985
>>383987945
>>383987935
>The worst part is that blizzard listens to these fags.

>Bleeding subs
>Insult your playerbase
>This is okay because of some pseudo sports team-tier drama

New way for companies like EA and Activision to fuck consumers.
>>
>>383987986
Are you going to pretend that Bael'dun doesn't exist?
>>
>>383988118
Says the guy who defended blizzard's decision to fuck up High Mountain because alliancefags couldn't stand having to "help" a "horde representative".
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_041517_025129.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_041517_025129.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>383988105
>Implying I even play Alliance

Cherrypicking one example doesn't excuse the literal genocide Sylvanus is committing in Lordaeron.
>>
>>383988118
Alliance babies will never stop their crying no matter how much Blizzard panders to them. Legion is a great example of this.
>>
>>383988171
I didn't defend it, I explained why.

Remember, Cata is the expansion that had Theramore blow up for no reason. Blizzard just liked to fuck with people.
>>
I'm not some vanilla only babby but I really wish there was a way to play through the original 1-60 experience again. I really dislike the majority of the Cata 1-60 experience, with a couple of exceptions. I like Azshara a fair bit but I'm a Goblinfag.
>>
>>383988212
Sylvanas might be Warchief now, but her and her forsacucks have always barely been apart of the Horde. They're one plague barrel away from murdering everyone.
>>
>>383988282
Alright, how about the nuke in Theramore?
>>
>>383988223
>I didn't defend it, I explained why.
Well then you know it's alliancefags that are to blame, as it always have been.
The horde has tolerated the bullshit that is Alterac Valley since launch.
>>
>>383976698
Alex, Who are the French during wwii?
>>
>>383988105
>MUH TAURAJO

lmao look at this faggot. It's the only thing Horde comes up with when it wants to pretend they're the good guys. Care to remind me how many times Orcs tried to blow up the fucking planet? How many times the Forsaken melted people with chemical weapons?

The time Goblins used a fucking nuke on a city?
>>
>>383988223
theramore didnt blow up until mop though
I think deathwing fucked auberdine though bur iirc alliance got not! auberdine with new metal fencing or something at the same time
>>
>>383988297
Blizzard deciding to throw Garrosh's character out the window in favor of making him the obvious villain.

>>383988316
>M-MUH THERAMORE
>M-MUH MILITARY BASE
>>
>>383988351
>theramore didnt blow up until mop though

No, came the patch before MoP.
>>
>>383988223
Theramore blowing up is pretty much setting the scene for the next expansion if the leaks are to be believed.

It's supposedly Kul'Tiras, where Jaina has retreated post-Theramore to plot revenge against the Horde. https://www reddit com/r/wow/comments/6losh0/did_blizzard_accidentally_leak_info_on_the_new/
>>
The worst thing about Cataclysm was the worgan and goblin starting zones
You can't hype these places up and then never visit them again, that's a total dick move
I mean I get Kezan being unavailable because it's an Island in the middle of nowhere but Gilneas could've been a great capital but instead they gave the worgans a little place inside of a tree
>>
>>383988382
You're fucking retarded.
>>
>>383986513
I don't even like the horde but the fact magatha is allowed to be in the shaman hall is ridiculous, and the fact she's a fucking CHAMPION is so incredibly insulting i can't believe it got implemented. I mean holy shit, blizzard has made a ton of awful decisions over the years, and they've had more than a few massive "fuck you" to the players, but this one is definitely way up there on the list. This bitch has been attacking, harassing, and killing tauren for ages, she's allied herself with the fucking old gods/void lords by helping out the twilight cultists, and most of all she killed cairne. It's baffling that she's let into your sanctum and forced on you to be one of your fucking champions.
>>
>>383988379
>M-MUH THERAMORE

And muh Southshore. And muh Gilneas, and probably a couple dozen more 'muhs' to come, but all the Horde has to bitch over are a couple of tents.
>>
File: you.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>383988116
>>
>>383988379
Ashenvale?
>>
>>383988116

WYRMREST?
>>
>>383988439
I was wrong technically though
It happened shortly before MoP even if it didnt show up till then (i think?)
>>
>>383988439
That's needlessly rude.

>>383988487
No, I'm fairly certain it came very late in Cata is a scenario.
>>
>>383988457
>A-Alliance has more muhs, so your muhs don't count!
Typical Alliance playing the victim card.
Every.
Single.
Time.
No wonder Blizzard called you fags.
>>
>>383988223
Theramore blew up because Jaina attacked the Horde.
>>
>>383988528
Actually no, not even as a Scenario, since those didn't exist. it was a was retrofitted to be one later.
>>
>>383988528
>>383988487
The mana nuke was the pre-MoP event. Technically it took place in Cata because we had yet to make landfall in Pandaria.
>>
The Mean Streets of Gadgetzan, along with the Surumar quest lines, really make me want an entire WoW expansion that takes place in one big city. Instead of shit like The Broken Isles with 5 zones that feel tiny put all that design effort into building one huge city. There doesn't need to be some world ending super villain. You just hang out in this city and fight with gangs and stuff.
>>
>>383988282
if forsaken could be a 3rd faction alone i would join it

the horde is faggy nowadays anyway
>>
>>383988475
I am more surprised you have this saved on your pc
>>
>>383988529
>Try to pull the victim card
>get reminded the Horde are scum
>Can't take it

lmao
>>
>>383986513
fucking taurenfags
>>
>>383988560
It was a scenario.

>World Event: Attack on Theramore Isle
Warchief Garrosh, obsessed with assuring the Horde's supremacy over Kalimdor, launches an all-out attack against Jaina's island home of Theramore. Though valiant Alliance defenders rush to repel the sudden onslaught, they’ll soon find themselves unprepared for the terrible scope of Garrosh's true plans…

>This Scenario will become available for level 85 characters for the week prior to the launch of Mists of Pandaria, from September 18th to the 24th. Upon the launch of Mists of Pandaria, it will become level 90.[1]
>>
>>383988529
>"alliance playing the victim card"
>alliance is actually literally the victims of the entire game because orcs invaded their planet and immediately waged war
The one anon is right, the only argument any horde fanboy can ever come up with is "muh taurajo", that's it, that's the only thing they have, and at best it's a grey area situation.
>>
File: Tauren02White.webm (3MB, 800x766px) Image search: [Google]
Tauren02White.webm
3MB, 800x766px
>>383988475
Get triggered boy.

>>383988480
Best server

Speaking of which - why did blizzard change the tauren skin?
>>
>>383988623
Fuck off
>>
>>383988578
I liked MoP in the sense that it felt like a break from the big villains like the Scourge or the Legion, at least at the beginning. I'd like the next expansion to be a similar thing before we fight the Void Lords.
>>
>>383988578
sorry kid, it's already been done
>not playing Shenmue
>>
File: Tauren02Red.webm (2MB, 462x640px) Image search: [Google]
Tauren02Red.webm
2MB, 462x640px
>>383988698
This skin for instance - doesn't exist anymore.
Personally I preferred the white going all the way up to the neck/jaw - it gave a more aggressive look.
>>
>>383988682
>Alliance soldiers kill literally the most neutral out of all the Horde races and burn down their village just so they can make a road
>Alliance dindu nuffin, they good bois!
To think all this started because people got mad over one person lamenting over Cairne's death.
>>
File: Garrosh.jpg (240KB, 416x591px) Image search: [Google]
Garrosh.jpg
240KB, 416x591px
>we will never see garrosh again

why even play this game?
>>
>>383988578
That would actually be pretty cool. Too bad it won't happen!
>>
>>383976698
>fans demand more old world content
>they wand the leveling experience updated
>blizzard remixes the old world and makes new quests
>Baaaww baawww why did you do exactly what i was crying for you to do bawww
>>
>>383988807
>Alliance dindu nuffin, they good bois!

Alliance actually didn't kill them though. That's a fact. They tried to make the civilians escape, but those were killed by mobs in the area.

It's literally the most morally gray Alliance ever got, and there was still a caveat.

Meanwhile, WoD basically exists as proof that Orcs were fucking assholes even without the demons.
>>
>>383988698

I prefer Moon Guard because people aren't in denial about enjoying ERP there. Wyrmrest also bitches about MG in trade all day like tumblr rape victims.

Also, nelf and drae futas are top tier.
>>
>>383988906
>Do it badly and destroy the original content that made the game famous

lol?
>>
File: 1448780941308.jpg (127KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
1448780941308.jpg
127KB, 800x534px
>Fucking loved the Flintlocke comics
>Liked them so much that I like things like DS9 because of homages it made to them
>The author now works for Blizzard and is the single most responsible person for inundating the game with cancerous pop-culture references, memes and "wacky" shenanigans in every single quest

What a complicated feeling
>>
>>383988949
was it ghostcrawler?
>>
File: Tauren01Red.webm (2MB, 462x640px) Image search: [Google]
Tauren01Red.webm
2MB, 462x640px
>>383988804
Might as well finish the set now that we're in the zone.
>>
>>383989016
le thicke ~~
>>
>>383988910
>Alliance actually didn't kill them though.
Yes they did.
>That's a fact.
No it isn't.
>They tried to make the civilians escape, but those were killed by mobs in the area.
No they didn't. They attacked the Tauren on sight. The dialogue from the spirits of the dead citizens in the town make this clear.
>Th-They let them escape though!
>Meanwhile all of the profession trainers, along with even the innkeeper, are dead
>>
>>383980747
>legion tie in
I think you mean pre-legion pay piggy farm.
>>
>>383981631

gerkin
>>
>>383988807
As i said, it's a grey area at best. The fact you completely ignore the whole scope of the situation just shows how ignorant you are about anything.

>some asshole lies, or just a simple misunderstanding, but gives word that the tauren plan to attack
>captain is skeptical but orders are orders, makes sure to give the tauren a chance to leave
>a bunch leave but some stay
>kill the ones that decided to stay
Obviously it was still a fucked up situation that shouldn't have happened in the first place, but to act like the alliance are equally as monstrous as the horde on one single act that was under false pretenses while at the same time still being honorable enough to give them a chance to flee is just asinine.
>>
>>383976698
Is Elysium the only vanilla server that isn't shit?
>>
>>383989086
Dude, it was a case of Blizzard intentionally creating misconceptions, because their writers thought they were clever. The Horde side notes how they were attacked, but the Alliance side notes that they tried to get the civilians out, but failed when I think Quilboar attacked them?

Again. Muh fucking Taurajo. That's all the Horde ever talks about.
>>
Reminder that the Alliance allied themselves with the Grimtotem in Stonetalon.

>>383989148
The Alliance literally waited until the hunters had gone out before attacking, and there are siege weapons littered outside the gate to Mulgore.

>>383989205
Oh, I'm sorry, I guess I'm not allowed to talk about it as a shitty thing for them to do.
>>
How do some games like WoW get under people's skin, and there are hardcore fans, art produced, faction rivalry, etc, while superiority crafted and written games never get past the "its just a game" phase?

What is that quality of a game that gets you invested emotionally into it?
How do we make an actually good MMO that has that?
>>
>>383989254
>For his own part, High Chieftain Baine Bloodhoof accepted that Camp Taurajo was a legitimate military target, as they did train hunters and warriors there, and knows that Hawthorne refused to have its civilians slaughtered.[4]
>>
>>383989293
Because it had games in the past that a lot of people grow up with and had fond memories of.
At the start of WOW there was already big enough fan base
>>
>>383989308
>Baine accepts that Taurajo was a legitimate military target
>But years later, Jaina is still crying about muh Theramore
If only Blizzard actually did shit with Baine.
>>
>>383989293
Pick and IP that has a massive fanbase with 2 clearly unique factions that have fanatical devotion by the fans and lots of lore

Something like Star Wars could wo- oh wait
>>
>>383989409
Final Fantasy, Warhammer, Lord of the Rings, Dungeons&Dragons, Star Wars, a lot of MMOs already had that, and people never got as invested into them as they did into WoW.
>>
>>383989424
>Taurajo was a couple of tents
>Theramore at one point was the temporary capital of the Alliance

He'd probably have been more pissed had it been Thunderbluff.
>>
>>383989469
Well to be fair to star wars - it was handled by EA - king of stolen concepts and ideas - they basically made a WoW reskin, shit was disgusting.
>>
>>383989148
what a warped sense of lore the dindu's have to keep their higher then thou mentality.
What ACTUALLY happened:
>Summit at Theramore, Garrosh voices that they should just take what they want
>Twilight frame horde in ashenvale, King with magical rage schizophrenia is already ready to start war
>Twilight frame horde again
>Jaina believes Garrosh is making moves, so begins construction of a highway to Ashenvale
>Alliance WAIT UNTIL ALL FIGHTERS LEAVE CAMP T
>Then firebomb the shit out of it.
>Alliance end up sparking off the cata-mists war but as usual blizz bends over backwards to hide any alliance misdeeds

Hawthorne is literally the biggest bullshit martyr to have ever existed in the story. He exists solely to whitewash Camp T and then his own men set him up to be killed to put someone more aggressive in charge immediately after
>>
>>383989205
Fuck Taurajo. At Bael Modan the Dwarves killed an entire TRIBE of Tauren just for "muh archaeology".
>>
>>383989514
>A bunch of tents are considered a military target
>The capital of the alliance on the borders of horde territory isn't
I'm not sure, are you arguing for the horde now or what?
>>
>>383989424
Do you want him to be a hard ass realpolitik pragmatic strategist, pushing aside the feels of his advisers to make calculated decisions for optimal outcomes?
That would just get him nicknamed Hitler/Stalin depending on who's talking. People like Jaina's emotional reaction more than his stoicism.
>>
>>383989424
Baine understands that the people who start the fucking war can't complain when the other side retaliates. Theramore wasn't a legitimate target because the entire Alliance wasn't a legitimate target.
>>
>>383989626
>implying
Baine > Jaina
>>
>>383989592
Not saying it wasn't a military target. Orgrimmar is probably a military target. Stormwind too.

Those cities though would likely be a way more worthwhile hill to die on.
>>
>>383989530
Star Wars had an earlier attempt at a WoW killer, that never broke a million players online.
You might know it from 10 nostalgia threads per week every week since it died.
>>
>>383989589
Dwarves also invaded Mulgore and made all the earth spirits mad because of muh archaeology
>>
>>383984079
>cata
>introduces new 1-60 content
>created fixed specializations so talents could be balanced
>repaired the specs that had dogshit design choices
>decent number of raids
>WoD
>3 raids in 2 years
goddamit cata, this game wouldn't be dead if it weren't for you
>>
>>383989684
Which one?
>>
>>383989736
galaxies
>>
>>383989673
You are just a communist fascist, its normal for a red blooded leader to be mad about the death of her people.
She is a strong human and will lead us to crush the violent aggressors, and justice will prevail and our dead will be avenged, etc.
>>
>>383989657
But the Alliance started the war.
>>
>>383989657
>>383989675
Thereamore became a military target the moment the Alliance started building up the walls, built a huge fucking road that was specifically meant for tanks to drive down, and started training soldiers there. You people crying about facts obviously don't know your own.
>>
>>383989686
Fucking Dwarves are always under the radar for this shit.
>>
>>383978506
>beat Sargeras

Wait, really? Or did they find an even bigger bad who's secretly been pulling Sargeras' strings all along? I haven't played since early Cata so I wouldn't be surprised.
>>
>>383988986
kosack
>>
>>383989747
Oh, that. It never broke 1 million? Wew - I remember playing it in the early days, the gameplay was pretty shit though.
Ended up spending most of the time just looking at my twi'leks ass in a fleshwrap/that other thing (fishnet suit).
>>
>>383989792
Theramore is a military target. I'm not denying it.

Jaina has a right to be pissed about it, though. It was her city. Before Stormwind was fixed, it was the Alliance capital. If training fighters is wrong, then Orgrimmar is equally at fault.
>>
>>383989293
Just because WoW today is a 13 year old, low-effort milked cow in a fucking sea hundreds of competitors doesn't mean that in 2004 it wasn't a brand new, highly polished, well supported and uniquely playing game with such dogshit competition as Everquest and Final Fantaxy XI
>>
>>383989469
see >>383989505
Most MMOs already had that. Its not it. There is something else WoW does that others don't.
>>
>>383989787
The Horde is actively occupying Lordaeron and committing genocide on its people, and the Horde has been repeatedly attacking Ashenvale. The Alliance has all the casus belli they could possibly ever want to wipe the Horde out.
>b-but muh taurajo!
>>
>>383989589
Don't forget about starting shit with the frostwolf tribe in AV over muh archeology.
>>
>>383989895
The general consensus can be summed up as: Fuck dwarves.
>>
>>383989859
no, why the fuck do you think sargeras is doing all the shit with the burning legion? he is trying to cleanse the universe of corruption. One of the main sources of corruption in the warcraft universe are the voidlords, and their creations (the old gods).
>>
>>383989871
>brand new, highly polished, well supported and uniquely playing game

It was a Warcraft themed Everquest total conversion mod, except with worse quests.
It looked worse than games that came out in the same year, lagged, desynced people, had mobs glitching all over, it was not new or polished, and certainly not unqiue.
>>
>>383989894
>Orcs have tried to blow up the entirety of Azeroth in the very least, three times
>They're still considered good guys

I'm even being nice here, arguing Warcraft I and II as a single campaign.
>>
>>383989868
Baine has every right to be pissed too but do you see him going around making weak, petty threats? Nope.
>>
>>383989293

Autism
>>
>>383989868
Yeah she can be pissed about it but maybe she shouldn't have started shit in Cata then.

>>383989894
Lordaeron is literally bin the hands of the same people it always was, Stormwind has zero claim to it.

Before Cataclysm the Horde and Alliance were at peace, then the Alliance got tricked by the Twilights and started attacking the Horde everywhere.
>>
File: 1499498430463.jpg (57KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1499498430463.jpg
57KB, 645x773px
>>383989895
>Alliance get to kill fucking Drek'Thar, a really big important lore character
>Horde get to kill Vanndar Stormpike, some fucking nobody they made up just for the BG.
>>
>>383989962
Isnt the whole point that Sergaras himself is "corrupted", whatever that means. Having different opinions from humans, probably.
>>
The cata quest had way too many memes. Especially in the revamped 1-60 stuff. There were some decent quest here and there but over all the questing was a big downgrade.
>>
>>383990027
How many times has the Alliance been tricked into attacking the Horde? It literally happened this expansion with the Rogue class questline. Alliance are fucking retarded and look for any reason they can find to attack the Horde.
>>
>>383984406
I fell for the demon hunter meme and haven't been able to bring myself to reroll since. You can meme about them being "edgy" all you want but the survivability + aoe capability + insane mobility makes doing the typical daily shit like world quests so much less tedious. Havoc is really good for soloing old raids too if you're into that stuff.
>>
>>383990052
no, of course not, he is just right, and he is cleansing the universe of the old gods and any other pawns of the void lords
>>
>>383986513
>tfw rolled a pandaren
>tfw no new content since MoP
Blizzard likes to just forget about races entirely. Feels bad to be a panda or goblin
>>
>>383989984
Taurajo was like, three tents. Theramore was a pseudo-capital city.

Alliance have equal reason to be mad about South Shore. Gilneas. The firebombing in Astranaar.

Actually, you know, that's a great one. Blizzard loves to harp on about phasing, but even if you save Astranaar, the city is on fire forever.

It will burn like Stratholme for eternity.
>>
>>383977276
>why? I hardly see any wow shitposting in ffxiv threads
then you don't see any FFXIV threads
>>
>>383989963
Yeah yeah, WoW was never good, Everquest was better and everyone is impressed that you played MMO's before 2004
>>
>>383990117
More like XIV threads consist of people shitting on WoW in every thread.
>>
How many expansions can Blizzard squeeze?
We are reaching power levels where where Legolazzz the Hunter and Dickmuh the Priest are killing planets.
I can't think of more than 2 expansions left - one for the old god in the core of this planet, and one for the titan.
>>
>>383990027
>Lordaeron is literally bin the hands of the same people it always was

Is Gilneas? Cause I remember that not being in their hands. Southshore either.

>>383990087
It's almost like over the past 30 years the Horde has been populated by genocidal maniacs.
>>
>>383990027
Lordaeron is in the hands of a group of rebels that stabbed their government in the back to install a foreign general as their queen. They have no claim to it, Lordaeron belongs to its law abiding citizens that are currently being genocided by the Forsaken, and should be reclaimed with the help of its allies.
Why don't we ask one of the little girls in plague vats in the Undercity how "at peace" the Horde is?
>>
Cata was a mixed bag for me personally.

I enjoyed most of the 80 to 85 zones, with Uldum being my favorite, and the water zone being absolutely awful.

I initially didn't enjoy their new talent tiers, but in time it was an improvement over the talent tree system.

When heroic dungeons were fresh, the difficulty spike was awesome. I really felt a sense of progression and accomplishment when clearing them. I know a lot of people didn't enjoy the huge risk vs little reward, but my dungeon group were clearing them quite quickly before they were nerfed and irrelevant.

There were way too many raids released at the beginning and it overwhelmed quite a bit of raid groups.As for the raids, they were all quite boring, other than Firelands.

I hated the aesthetic of the gear. From the leveling gear to raid gear it was all absolute dog shit. Orange or purple with huge stupid spikes.
>>
>>383990142
>yeah yeah you are right, but fuck you i'm right

Not an argument. Either argue or admit you are wrong.
>>
File: Physics 01.webm (2MB, 889x500px) Image search: [Google]
Physics 01.webm
2MB, 889x500px
Boob physics for players when?
>>
>>383989859
They turned sageras into an illidan type, a guy doing bad shit but for a greater good. The difference being illidan's shit made a lot more logical sense and actually had a purpose, whereas sageras is pretty much a retard who thinks the only way of cleansing the universe of corruption (void lords/old gods) is to just wipe out the whole universe.

None of this really makes sense though, it's a typical blizzard retcon that takes a cool idea or character and just makes it all retarded nonsense.
>>
File: Physics 01a.webm (1MB, 684x396px) Image search: [Google]
Physics 01a.webm
1MB, 684x396px
>>383990272
WHEN
>>
>>383990248
weren't talent tiers a mop thing? I remember still having trees in cata
>>
>>383990272
At this point I just want WoW on a different engine so Blizzard can actually do something with the game without being held down by the very obvious limitations.
>>
>>383990357

You're right I goofed
>>
>>383990384
what limitations?
>>
>>383990384
Never going to happen. They'd lose a decades worth of content.
>>
>>383990184
Gilneas wasn't alliance at the time. Regardless of who started the war totally Alliance, Garrosh did order the invasion of an unaffiliated kingdom

Southshore had to have happened after Gilneas because they delayed the invasion of Gilneas because Sylvanas wasn't present and Gilneas happened during/after the cataclysm which was after alliance invaded the barrens.
So, Southshore was after the alliance started the war
>>
>>383980483
>10 man
>"raiding"

Pick one casual. Most MMOs treat 10mans as just a full party, let alone a raid.
>>
>>383990317
Never ever, because it'll just apply to everything because blizz is too lazy to make it only apply to cloth/naked and I don't want my plate armour jiggling.
>>
>>383990254
Sure why not
Games that the phrase "It looked worse than games that came out in the same year, lagged, desynced people, had mobs glitching all over, it was not new or polished and certainly not unique" applies to
>Everquest
>Runescape
>Final Fantasy XI
>Final Fantasy XIV
>Aion
>Star Wars Galaxies
>Dungeons and Dragons Online
>Literally every game released that wasn't the best looking game released that year

You're a faggot and Everquest literally let you order pizza in-game in case your hemmorhoids hurt too much to make it to the phone after a 35 minute long fight where your faggot guild zerged a sega Saturn looking Cyclops
>>
>>383990272
>>383990317

Dwarf Females have had titty jiggle physics since Vanilla.
>>
File: Rexxar.png (2MB, 1589x596px) Image search: [Google]
Rexxar.png
2MB, 1589x596px
>>383990434
Extremely stiff models.
General world size.
Unable to use higher quality models.

>>383990437
Didn't XIV switch to a new engine? Apparently they had a chance during Cataclysm but opted not to.
>>
>>383990494
>I don't want my plate armour jiggling
You don't like your plate belly wobbling on Panda Warriors? Incredible work Blizz
>>
>>383980851
>Cata was praised for its leveling zones

Every expansion has it's leveling zones praised by moronic gaming journalist who has no idea what they are talking about. The Cata zones are the second worst in all of WoW, right after WoD. Every zone was linear meme filled garbage with zero effort required.
>>
>>383990254
everyquest looked and played like shit compared to WoW

are you happy? It helps that when WoW came around almost everyone at that point had a decent enough computer to capably run the game
>>
File: 1498750565878.jpg (678KB, 832x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1498750565878.jpg
678KB, 832x1000px
>>383990584
Oh yeah, and painted on armor. Seriously, this is the absolute fucking worst.
>>
>>383990516
And of all those games, WoW is by far, by orders of magnitude, the most successful.
I guess it wasn't successful because it was a worse looking game than others that year, lagged, desynced people, had mobs glitching all over, it was not new or polished and certainly not unique.
It must've been for some other reason, which is they point of the whole conversation, you fucking dick goblin.
>>
>>383981774
>World PVP died when battlegrounds were introduced

Wrong. BG's only killed off mindless zergs.
>>
>>383990535

Thats literally the BC model for him.
>>
>>383989505
There are STILL people playing something as shitty as ToR because their devotion to Star Wars. Take that into consideration for a second.
>>
>>383990535
Rexxar hitting the roids, I see.
>>
>>383990660
He still uses that model you know. He's in Legion.
>>
>>383990184
Gilneas isn't held by the Forsaken either, and it wasn't with the Alliance when they attacked it.

>>383990219
Alliance =/= Lordaeron government. Practically ALL of it's citizenry became the Forsaken, with the exception of the Scarlets and Argents.

Little girl can go fuck herself, ain't no Geneva convention on Azeroth.
>>
>>383988804
>2017, armor is just a texture on character base model
>>
>>383990623
I dunno, I'd consider "How about making an MMO that isn't designed for 300 pound autists and instead have good gameplay, the ability to progress with less than 40 hour weekly dedication, and non-autistic difficulty" pretty unique in 2004 considering that to that point that's what every MMO was
>>
File: WoW19.jpg (258KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
WoW19.jpg
258KB, 1920x1080px
>>383990669
Impressive.
>mfw

>>383990752
Actually that was from MoP it's still painted on to this day
>>
>>383990767
Now you are grasping, seeing how the 300 pound autist meme got popularized by WoW, and the most common complaint was exactly the hours per week needed to progress.
>>
>>383988135
>Are you going to pretend that Ashenvale doesn't exist?
>Are you going to pretend that the Arathi Highlands don't exist?
>Are you going to pretend that Arathi Basin doesn't exist?
>Are you going to pretend that Ferelas doesn't exist?
>Are you going to pretend that Wetlands doesn't exist?
>Are you going to pretend that the Twilight Highlands don't exist?
>Are you going to pretend that Southshore doesn't exist?
>Are you going to pretend that Gilneas doesn't exist?
>>
>>383990535
do you have any ideea what you're talking about?
>>
>>383990728
>Gilneas isn't held by the Forsaken either, and it wasn't with the Alliance when they attacked it.

No, they just used chemical weapons to turn it into an uninhabitable wasteland.

>Alliance =/= Lordaeron government. Practically ALL of it's citizenry became the Forsaken, with the exception of the Scarlets and Argents.

And the people of Hillsbrad, which included Southshore and Hillsbrad Fields; the former of which was melted into a puddle, and the latter was torn down and turned into a POW camp where the Forsaken tortured humans.

But yeah, the Horde are the good guys? Should I mention them trying to fuck with the Dwarves and Elves in The Hinterlands?
>>
>>383990752
It is in GTAV and The Witcher 3 as well. Your point?
>>
Rank them /v/

>Wrath > TBC > Legion > Pandaria > Cataclysm > WoD
>>
I quit at the end of wod when they turned off the old models and forced the new walking animations on my character. Almost all new models walk like autists, it's disgusting
>>
>>383990914
MoP=Wrath>>>TBC>Legion>>>Cata>>>>>>WoD
>>
>>383990914
MoP > Wrath > TBC > Vanilla > Legion > WoD > Cata
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_020517_214823.jpg (222KB, 1920x1027px) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_020517_214823.jpg
222KB, 1920x1027px
Missed opportunity
>>
>>383990914
BC > Vanilla > Wrath > MoP > Legion > WoD > Cata
>>
>>383990728
>Practically ALL of it's citizenry became the Forsaken
Have you fucking retards ever played any of these games? Almost all of Lordaeron became Scourge, and was then depopulated into Northrend. A tiny amount remained alive, and a tiny amount retained free will. The only reason the Forsaken now outnumber the living Lordaeron citizens is BECAUSE THEY'VE BEEN FUCKING SLAUGHTERING THEM ALL.
>>
File: 1418010453283.jpg (77KB, 625x960px) Image search: [Google]
1418010453283.jpg
77KB, 625x960px
>>383990914
TBC > Vanilla > Pandaria > Wrath > Legion > Warlords > Literal Dog Shit > Cataclysm
>>
>>383990914
Vanilla > TBC >WotLK
Haven't played the rest.

>item level going well ahead of character level
>flying mounts ruining world PvP
>badges instead of set gear
>welfare epics at the end of Wrath life cycle
>daily quests that are just a solo grind, when they could've been a group effort
>overall making the game faster, getting a rare drop doesn't matter since you are replacing it tomorrow
>>
>>383990842
No
WoW took a trivial amount of time to progress in, both objectively and especially in comparison to its two major competitors at the time, EQ and FFXI
The fact that people complained about the time sink is pointless; people complain about the time sink in games that take 2 days to hit level cap
I understand that you were probably a child at the time, but Everquest was extremely commonly known and talked about in early 2000's pop culture, the 300 pound player meme included
>>
>>383990909
>But yeah, the Horde are the good guys?
this is where you're problem is. It wasn't good vs bad until blizz tried to fellate the alliance with Mists' "lawful good overdrive." It was grey vs. grey. Aggression from both sides

I find it almost humorous alliance players seem to ignore that there was a whole plotline where their king literally could not control his anger at the time yet its so unbelievable that they could have started a war
>>
>>383991092
>accuse me of being a grumpy old grandpa
>two posts down accuse me of being a child

I won't reply further, you have no idea if you don't think WoW was seen by the MMO community as a reskin of Everquest.
Try to look up forum threads from the period.
>>
File: 0.png (17KB, 640x773px) Image search: [Google]
0.png
17KB, 640x773px
>>383988829
>tfw Garrosh didn't get resurrected as a possessed DK and he wasn't a boss fight where you incidentally help his spirit regain control
>he doesn't reveal that death has profoundly changed him, causing him to pledge his soul to redeeming himself
>he doesn't have a cool glowing Lichtenberg scar from when Thrall electrocuted him
>he doesn't help the players battle the true final boss fight of Warlords - the combined warlords themselves in a grand council battle

It just surprises me that they spent every expansion building Garrosh's character only to cut his story abruptly in some dirty peasant questline. I know the WoW team has always been kind of bad about character development but Garrosh seemed like their baby. They just tossed him in the garbage like an aborted fetus.
>>
>>383990874
>>383990535
http://time.com/3904433/world-of-warcraft-unreal-engine/
>>
>>383990856
Ashenvale is irrelevant due to peace accords being signed which were broken by the Alliance.
Stromgarde never officially joined the Alliance in WoW.
Ferelas isn't relevent to the conversation, no conflict there initiated the war.
Wetlands wasn't Horde at all.
Twilight Highlands is similarly irrelevant as it happened after the conflict broke out.
Southshore was a legitimate military target.
Gilneas wasn't aligned with the Alliance when it was attacked.

Try harder.
>>
>>383991136
Gray vs gray, when even back in Vanilla you had the Forsaken being the same shits they always were.

No, anon. The Horde have always been assholes. Blizzard tried in Warcraft III to paint them "noble savages," when their entire record has consisted of being crazy murderers, with a few good ones strewn about. Blizzard, in recent years, has just reinforced what the faction really is.
>>
File: 1472413982561.png (594KB, 613x483px) Image search: [Google]
1472413982561.png
594KB, 613x483px
>>383991067
>TBC > Vanilla

Outlands was a pretty massive letdown compared to Azeroth. It was the best expansion but I don't see any reasoning to say it's better than vanilla except for classes being tweaked to be more versatile
>>
>>383991203
https://youtu.be/qlNAJJtCfpI

Looks prettier, but has no soul.
>>
>>383991213
>Stromgarde never officially joined the Alliance in WoW.

You know that's completely wrong, right? There's an entire faction for Stromgarde that's existed since Vanilla. If you're Alliance, there's a section of the city that's friendly to you.
>>
>>383990930
You can just turn the old models back on in the options menu fyi
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzTYvEBsghc
look at the size, the girth, mmmm
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_012917_175815.jpg (341KB, 1920x1027px) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_012917_175815.jpg
341KB, 1920x1027px
I think people get way too stuck up on the mechanical aspects and forget that a server feels completely different if you only have a community of the same people without phasing and anonymous cross-server players you will never see again
>>
>>383991276
The letdown was the item level.
Level 58 characters all had level 85 greens, where before the expansion they'd have level 50-55 greens, or even be saving 30-40s levels items in some cases.
Burning Crusade made it so your pants were more intelligent than you, and stronger than you. Every expansion afterwards only made this worse. There was always a spike in item levle.
>>
>>383991276
The game finally got a bit more of a grasp of what it wanted to be. They had a few blunders with it, arenas and resilience were terrible, and the first raid being a 10-man for example, but it opened up stuff like raiding and high-level PVP to a lot more players without making things casual. Plus I am just really nostalgic for Outland, and Draenei are my favorite race.

It's interchangeable what goes first on my list between TBC and Vanilla, but Wrath always gets a spot near the bottom. I'll never understand why people love that shitty expansion so much. Everything wrong with the game started there.
>>
>>383991136
Alliancefag here.
Cata is what changed it. It was fairly balanced up until Cata. But Cata brought so many tangible changes to the Alliance Horde balance with the zone redesign, mainly at the expense of the Alliance. So while the story during MoP is HUZZAH FOR TEH NOBLE ALLIANCE, there's a lot of lingering hostility based on the Cata territory changes that aren't even addressed in story, let alone in world changes
>>
>>383991383
Fucking this, in Vanilla I'd know all other PvPers by name, from both factions.
I could see the character name and know what talents he had, because we fought a hundred times already, and have a rivalry going on.
You could get into a raid group and see ayyyy its that guy, hey man how's it been, what happened that you disconnected last week?
>>
>>383990909
Fuck your chemical weapons, again there aren't international laws on Azeroth.

As for Hillsbrad, it's funny how often you retards bring up questing you didn't do while ignoring that there WASN'T supposed to be any torture there and the Forsaken killed the traitor responsible.
>>
>>383990914
TBC > Wrath = MoP > Legion without garrison mechanics > unfathomable power gap > Legion > Cata > WoD
>>
>>383991383
Best fucking feels
>>
>>383991480
Actually, he wasn't killed. He was alive during Legion, when the area was attacked.

Good job, Forsaken.
>>
>>383991168
No I'm accusing you of being a faggot contrarian upholding the "WoW was always shit" meme like every other 19 year old on /v/

And I could really give half a shit what a bunch of autists in 2004 thought about the MMO that usurped their garbage game of choice; any person in this thread, including you, can go play EQ99 at this exact moment and see just how little much WoW has in common with it, which is roughly about as much as it has in common with XI, UO or NWN.
>>
>>383991054
>Almost all of Lordaeron became Scourge

Which then became the Forsaken you gibbering idiot. The only living left were the Scarlets, the Argents, and some citizens of Hillsbrad, who then joined the Alliance.
>>
>>383991359
I don't remember if this was still possible with the legion pre-patch. The new combat animations look pretty cool, but they were combined with the other animations that could not be turned off
>>
>>383991615
It's still possible, but Demon Hunters are forced to use the new models.
>>
>>383991331
Fair enough, but similar to other points their involvement has nothing to do with the war in Cataclysm.
>>
>>383990914
MoP > Wrath > BC > Cataclysm > Legion > WoD
>>
>>383990914
Wrath>WoD>Legion>BC>Pandaria>Cata
>>
File: daelin.jpg~original.jpg (56KB, 640x474px) Image search: [Google]
daelin.jpg~original.jpg
56KB, 640x474px
>>383991213
>Ashenvale is irrelevant due to peace accords being signed which were broken by the Alliance.
What is WSG, which has been in the game since Vanilla.

>Stromgarde and Gilnaes
Ah, so attacking neutral powers is even better (and Stromgarde's neutrality is incredibly debatable)

>Southshore
Forsaken used the plague, even after the Wrathgate.

Face it, the Horde are, were, and always will be, warmongering dickbags. Which is ok; it makes for an interesting story. But stop trying to take the moral high ground because of muh taurajo.
>>
>>383991608
No, a tiny, tiny fraction slipped from control and regained their free will. If the people of Lordaeron all became Forsaken, what the hell does the Scourge consist of? Why the hell is the third of Lordaeron that the Forsaken barely control still overrun with Scourge?
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_012117_175411.jpg (434KB, 1920x1027px) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_012117_175411.jpg
434KB, 1920x1027px
>>383991474
It really does make a difference. It can't just be me, that I made more friends in 2 weeks of playing on privats to run dungeons and join guilds where people do stuff together than a whole year of current retail wow.
>>
>>383991804
>Battlegrounds/PvP
>Relevant to lore
>>
>>383991556
Obviously unintended, all the NPCs were ported in to the Legion invasions from their Cata IDs.

Point remains that none of what he was doing was authorized.
>>
>>383988221
>kill off the best Alliance character
>pandering
>>
File: orc and tauren.png (259KB, 587x477px) Image search: [Google]
orc and tauren.png
259KB, 587x477px
I had already stopped playing wow by cata's announcement and I thought it was dumb as fuck, I liked WoW because it was for the most part the opposite of edgy, it was kind of hopeful and bright, fantastical, yeah I mean there were classes that were literally undead, but they had funny animations and cracked jokes, it was played for laughs.

TBC was the dawn of greater edge being brought into it and the whole thing becoming way too serious, cataclysm was the end of that.

I saw the trailer for it just grimacing the whole time thinking about all the magic of the original vanilla world they'd made was being sucked out through a tube in order to be "more mature" and I realized I was never gonna resubscribe

https://youtu.be/887WIB1oRAA
>>
>>383991804
>What is WSG, which has been in the game since Vanilla.
There was peace in ashenvale. Not only would the twilight framing not have been a big deal if there wasn't but in wolfheart a night elf remarks the orcs had been especially quiet. Just because they didn't remove the bg doesn't mean your not incredibly wrong.
>Forsaken used the BLIGHT, even after the Wrathgate
and both sides burn people alive, freeze people to death, flay minds, inflict disease and plague, etc. The blight would be considered horrible in the real world but on Azeroth its mostly a mass produced DoT

It's funny how much you're grasping at straws because your later two points, even if correct, would have nothing to do with the Alliance starting the cata-mists war
>>
>>383991608
The Scourge splits into 3 categories. The majority are controlled by the Dreadlords, one minority portion remains in the loyal service/servitude of the Lich King, and another minority freely join Sylvanas. Given the massive disaparity in forces between the Vanilla Scourge presence and the Forsaken, I'd say its safe to assume the majority of the Dreadlords' forces are re-taken by the Scourge once Arthas gets his fancy hat.

The living are split as well. There's a ton of refuges who flee south. There's Garithos' forces who are betrayed by Sylvanas (never trust an elf). There's the forces of the Scarlet Crusade. And finally, there's Lordaeron citizens who stubbornly remain in the home (see Hillsbrad).

The idea that the Frosaken have some completely uncontested claim to Lordaeron and it's their right to evict everyone else is nonsense.
>>
>>383991474
This more than anything is why WoW is such a different game now. It's so sad but funny to me to see some random no names sitting in dalaran with a rank 1 gladiator title on their gladiator mount with some dumb meme guild name. If this was 6 or more years ago i might actually be impressed seeing them, but now that there is no such thing as a server community combined with the fact pvp has been dead and dogshit for years, they're just a nobody, but they still sit there as if people will be impressed seeing them.

I miss knowing people on my server, i miss knowing people on both factions and forming bonds with those people, you join a pug and oh shit it's that guy, you're out in the world and hey it's that horde guy you ran into and tag teamed some elites with a couple of weeks ago, you just give him a wave and he waves back cause he remembers you too. You know the best players on your server by class, by faction, and by PvE or PvP. None of that exists anymore, only people i even remotely know on my server are other people of the same class as me that are either close to my dps or maybe the few that actually do better than me whenever i look at raid logs. That's it, and even then i barely even remember their name other than "oh this is the lucky guy with double BiS legendaries right?".
>>
>>383991804
>What is WSG, which has been in the game since Vanilla.
What is the peace accord signed post Wrath, learn your fucking lore.

>Ah, so attacking neutral powers is even better
Yes, it is. Attacking a neutral entity is irrelevant in the context of the Alliance/Horde war.

>Forsaken used the plague, even after the Wrathgate.
That wasn't part of any deal with the Alliance, Garrosh just didn't want them doing it.

All the conflict during and after Cata was the Alliance's doing.
>>
File: 1488029929253.jpg (105KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1488029929253.jpg
105KB, 640x640px
>>383991397
Even though I loved TBC, I think most of the problems started there

-what this guy said about items >>383991395
-regular dungeons were kind of rushed and linear, straight line instances (the difficulty was still good though)
-the battleground system was pretty empty and not expanded upon besides adding EotS
-towards the end of the expansion they basically threw progression raiding out the window which started the "raid gear sets from 5 mans" thing
-What I said before, Outlands just straight not being anywhere near as rich azeroth
-flying mounts killing world pvp is a big complaint for some (I played pve server so big deal)

I think the core gameplay was better, it was tweaked just enough where most of the classes still felt like they did in vanilla, just a bit more utility and couple new spells for everyone. I don't really want to bicker about 10 vs 20 man or 25 vs 40 man. Also I'm not really going anywhere with this, I just don't know how anyone who experienced most of what Vanilla WoW had to offer could prefer TBC as a finished product > Vanilla as a finished product aside from being more accessible to play which seems to be the major complaint from TBC / vanilla players about what went wrong with WotLK
>>
>>383991972
>Kill off multiple Horde characters over the course of a few expansions
>Alliance character finally dies
>Endless crying
>>
File: 1275399388285.jpg (101KB, 173x575px) Image search: [Google]
1275399388285.jpg
101KB, 173x575px
>>383986513
Cairne was obviously tired of this shit
>>
File: 511px-Cairne_Bloodhoof_full[1].jpg (61KB, 511x400px) Image search: [Google]
511px-Cairne_Bloodhoof_full[1].jpg
61KB, 511x400px
>>383992280
Not only did Cairne die, but he was forgotten about, which is a fate worse than death.
>>
>>383991853
>If the people of Lordaeron all became Forsaken, what the hell does the Scourge consist of?

Like the three or four other kingdoms Arthas killed and the entire human population of Northrend, plus everyone that died to the Scourge post TFT and everyone they pillaged graves for.

Even if it wasn't EVERY Lordaeron citizen who was raised as a Scourge and later regained free will, that doesn't help your point because those people would just be the fucking Scourge.
>>
>>383991395
The problem was that vanilla raidgear was already super high in item level. The first hardcore raid guilds cleared karazhan with t3, because it was so over the top in terms of raw stats. There has to be a gap closer between normal characters and endgame raiders in the leveling procress. Making people run old raids from a previous expansion to gear up to do the first kill 10 boars quest in a new area would never work
>>
>>383992206
>All the conflict during and after Cata was the Alliance's doing.
not all, basically the only way it works is this:
>Jaina thinks Garrosh is invading ashenvale
>Alliance invades Barrens via Theramore
>Garrosh orders invasion of Gilneas to get a port to attack Stormwind to stem the tide of alliance coming into Theramore
>Gilneas invasion fails largely due to night elves
>Garrosh decides, fuck it, if we're at war I'll take ashenvale
>Wolfheart happens
>Bulk of Cata questing takes place
>>
>>383992483
Just make it so people in level 50-60 gear can kill 10 boars in Outland, and make the boars drop level 55-62 items, instead of fucking level 80 items.
>>
File: 1468539786701.jpg (52KB, 641x556px) Image search: [Google]
1468539786701.jpg
52KB, 641x556px
Vanilla and TBC were about finding Easter Eggs in a grassy field

Wrath, Cata, MoP, WoD and Legion are about trying to find a piece of grass under a mountain of Easter Eggs

I had a chuckle way back when I found a pair of NPCs named after Sam Vimes in TBC
I bet I could find a Nicki Minaj ass joke somwhere in the fucking game now
>>
>>383992157
With the events of TFT more and more Forsaken came about because the Lich King lost control of elements of the Scourge in Lordaeron.

Though it appears there's a disparity, remember that not only was the Scourge building force in the years between TFT and Vanilla, but that the Forsaken had the forces necessary to hold Lordaeron's core territory against both them and the Scarlets.

The Forsaken have an equitably strong claim to Lordaeron to the Argents, who hold the Plaguelands.
>>
>>383992507
It was really the Twilight's fault, but Jaina did attack first.
>>
File: 11cdbff3e6e06b6bf339170074b0f0a5.jpg (500KB, 500x2007px) Image search: [Google]
11cdbff3e6e06b6bf339170074b0f0a5.jpg
500KB, 500x2007px
>>
>>383992583
That would not have been fun. You need to remember that most of the stats that pushed the item level was stamina, not any dps stat. Blue 60 gear could still do the same damage, just with much less life. It was a good choice to go that route, because someone with vanilla endgear could one-shot people.
>>
File: 1487194122986.jpg (48KB, 620x592px) Image search: [Google]
1487194122986.jpg
48KB, 620x592px
>>383977629
glad i quit this would be hilarious
>>
>>383985993
not even that guy but the story of garrosh was a retreading of groms story without the redemption
>>
File: 1411356487729.jpg (95KB, 500x622px) Image search: [Google]
1411356487729.jpg
95KB, 500x622px
>>383992392
>yfw Sylvanas is probably next on the chopping block and Lorthemar will be the most developed horde leader
I don't have any thing particularly against Lorthemar, but he was literally who until a single patch and story wise was ready to leave the horde in Mists
>>
File: Anduin and Baine.png (1MB, 731x919px) Image search: [Google]
Anduin and Baine.png
1MB, 731x919px
>>383993126
>Anduin was a blank slate that got tons of development
>Is literally friends with Baine
>Baine never got the same treatment, and resides himself to only ever doing things in novels or short stories
>Got the very first sub-story he had planned out in WoW cut out
Feels like such a waste of a character.
>>
>>383991331
and they're technically rebels so no that doesnt count.
>>
File: 1497367055115.jpg (98KB, 1342x664px) Image search: [Google]
1497367055115.jpg
98KB, 1342x664px
>>383986513
>>383992392
how can you forget something that never mattered? he hasn't done anything ever since "save muh rescaled version of me which is muh kid rexxar" and aside from that he hasn't done anything since the RoC orc campaign
>>
>>383993290
Is baine a virgin? Was mayla highmountain his one shot?
>>
>>383992942
>waiting for months for the expansion
>watched and read every press release
>take a week off from work and stock up on junk food on release date
>my erection has been diamond hard for hours
>go to the portal with the rest of the crowd oh boy oh boy this is going to be great
>outland loads, demons are attacking us, we are barely holding the breach, wounded dying around me
>do the initial quests, make my way to my faction's base in hellfire peninsula
>hype levels through the roof, time to do this boar thing
>an item drops, aw yeah baby
>its a level 61 item
>a level 61 boar dropped a level 61 item
>my penis goes flaccid, my balls go back to my stomach to hide
>my jaw drops, i can't believe the audacity
>a level 61 boar drops a level 61 item
>quit the game and uninstall
>cancel my subscription
>delete browser history and cookies
>burn the game case ritually on the balcony

It just isn't fun if level 61 boars drop level 61 items, I expected at least level 85 items.
How come a quest that you can take at level 58 in Outland doesn't reward items with twice the stats of level 60 dungeon quests in Azeroth? Fucking Blizzard.
>>
>>383991183

A lot of people just hated him for no real reason so they caved and just went hes evil now.

It fucking sucks.
>>
File: Mayla Highmountain.png (3MB, 1280x1796px) Image search: [Google]
Mayla Highmountain.png
3MB, 1280x1796px
>>383993427
>Literally the perfect setup for a couple
>Completely missed out on
>Mayla comments about how short you are
>Baine comments how tall the Highmountain Tauren are
What a complete fucking waste of potential. Just an excuse to make it so yet another offset of Tauren are never relevant.
>>
>>383991804

For as much shit Garrosh gets for being a Warmongering dick bag he was specifically telling the Forsaken don't use plague don't make more destroy what you have and he didn't trust them because he thinks Sylvanas is up to something.

Going by the stuff Varimathras says she totally is up to something and has been for years.
>>
>>383976698
Cata was fucking terrible, except for how difficult the heroics were at first. that was fun as hell.

Prot warr tanking the heroics at the beginning of Cata actually made me feel like I was playing a game that took some technique, or even skill. I could show off and have my own unique style of tanking and it'd make a big difference in how the runs went.
>>
>>383993427
>>383993546
Are tauren low fertility elephant-tier beasts?
No way they can wage war on humans and come out on top, they'd be bled out and their population would collapse.
>>
>>383993468
It was always intended for him to be a warmonger. Stonetalon was the result of shitty communication.

>So Garrosh was yours, huh? From beginning to end?

>Not quite from beginning to end.

>Cataclysm seemed like he was going in a different direction for a while there ...

>He was.

>He was? Tell us about that -- why he had that shift.

>Miscommunication.

>So Stonetalon ...

>Me.

>You did Stonetalon?

>I did Stonetalon.

>I didn't stick to that path with Garrosh. I didn't -- not everyone was on board. Not everyone got the memo as it were, as we were designing -- and that was my fault. Because when you're doing, when you're trying -- because I was actually trying to bring Garrosh around, and Stonetalon was going to be the first of that. Cataclysm was pretty crazy time for us.

>You had so much to do.

>We did quite a lot of work. So I feel like there was a little bit of miscommunication on my part that kind of led to Garrosh going down another, darker path. So there's an interesting tidbit for you.

>It was interesting though, in the aspect of seeing that glimmer of what he could have been.

>Well he was good at the other way. He did well at that. He was a good killer and plunderer and murderer.

https://www.engadget.com/2014/11/11/alex-afrasiabi-on-warlords-garrosh-and-alternate-azeroth/
>>
>wotlk kids still mad
BC>Legion>Cata>Mop>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.WoD>Wotlk
Deal with it
Wotlk:
>Killed class identefy by making every role the same and giving everyone every tool
>Raid wide buffs, would be okay with druid/paladin/mage/priest buffs being raid wide, but auras became raid wide too
>Introduced garbage system called raid difficulty
>Introduced game system there everything that isn't last raid is irrelevant
>Shit tier raids except one
>Heirlooms
>Killed old world leveling by butchering exp you needed and stats fuckery
>Removed red mobes from the starting zones and elite mobs from the world around prepatch
>Killed any incentive to leave current main city
>Killed world pvp
>etc
>>
File: 1477333806303.png (112KB, 300x241px) Image search: [Google]
1477333806303.png
112KB, 300x241px
>>383993553
rated BGs were alright too as being 1 of the few good things in cata. I had a lot more fun doing those than I ever did arena. It was only towards the end of the expansion where the only thing that mattered was how many casters on your team had the legendary staff and that fucking trinket
>>
Is Legion good? I remember seeing WoD being announced but never heard anything about it again, i forgot it even existed.
>>
>>383993618

I think it was going to be a much longer path for him to get to the Warmonger stage.

As he said it was miscommunication and not everyone was onboard for him being a villain. Simple things like how he handled what happened in Stonetalon stand testament to the fact people were invested in trying to make him a good character.
>>
>>383993607
All the horde tauren were almost genocided by a single clan of centaur twice, all out war would mean their extinction without a doubt, or at least guarantee they have to stay in mulgore behind their wall forever
>>
>>383993746

Its ok theres some problems with it but you can have some fun. It also might depend on when you quit playing if you quit in BC or Wrath you probably won't like it but if you stuck around until Warlords you will probably like it.
>>
>>383993746
Legion levelling is ok and the raids are pretty good but everything else is complete trash, 7.3 is argus and it looks good but probably wont bring any of the needed balance changes.
>>
>>383993689
>>Introduced garbage system called raid difficulty
TBC started this with heroic instances
>Introduced game system there everything that isn't last raid is irrelevant
TBC started this with the Sunwell patch
>Killed world pvp
TBC already had done this by introducing flying
>>
File: 9ooooo.jpg (24KB, 360x480px) Image search: [Google]
9ooooo.jpg
24KB, 360x480px
>>383984972
>classes were arguably at one of their best

>after the homogenization and dumbing down of classes in cataclysm (first wave of dumbing down, second wave in WoD)
>removal of talent tree
>arena pvp empty compared to wotlk

top keks to you
>>
>>383993546
It was just too perfect for us bro's ;_;7
>>
>>383993126
>>383993290
Lorthemar, Baine, Rexxar and Arator the Redeemer/Windrunner are probably the most criminally underused characters in the game.
>>
So when are we going to have a proper sequel on an engine that isn't from 1997?
>>
>>383991286
A straight up vanilla remake with modern graphics like this is the only thing that would bring me back to WoW.
>>
>>383993883
>TBC started this with heroic instances
Dungeons needed it because leveling ones became irrelevant on the max level
Raids didn't needed it at all
>TBC started this with the Sunwell patch
To clear sunwell you needed gear, and even with badges and trash clearing you needed few weeks to not be a load there
For the Ulduar and ICC you was ready to go after 2 days on the max level for the 80% of bosses
>TBC already had done this by introducing flying
I disagree
TBC was still full of world pvp. elemental plateu, ogre dailies with inane quests like simon says, etc
Mostly because there was reason to leave hubs
In wotlk not so much
>>
>>383993731
I remember rated bgs being awful.

You just stacked aoe classes like boomkin, affli warlocks, fire mage and aoe'd flags for 5mins until someone finally wiped
>>
>>383994131
I heard that they ware making it for porn videos.
>>
>>383994131
>A straight up vanilla remake
In all honesty, they'd have to fix class balance for me to be interested. The hybrid tax was always a stupid thing given specs lock players into a single roll, and, as much as I love vanilla, I have no desire to return to that mode
>>
>>383977420
FFXI shits all over XIV, that's why
>>
>>383993848
>>383993880
what a waste
>>
>>383994161
That was a problem of the state of pvp back then, not the idea of having a rated bg, where people could get high level rewards, even when playing specs that sucked in the small scale arenas.
But yeah, it was a caster shitfest in cata
>>
>>383994138
>For the Ulduar and ICC you was ready to go after 2 days on the max level for the 80% of bosses
I disagree. People couldn't even do ICC with the 30% buff and late Ulduar bosses were too hard for pugs.
you most definitely had to do totc/weeks of badge farming just to get into a icc10 group which was easy mode, then progress to totgc/icc25 + heroic

>In wotlk not so much
there was tons of world pvp in wotlk, especially the first half before dungeon finder was in the game.
in azeroth there was no flying mounts so people would still go to enemies capital, summon raids on top of ironforge bank etc
>>
>>383978025
>But ff11 is an actually good game
It was considered as one of the worst mmo until original xiv, wildstar and pirates of caribean online were made
Even with games like vanguard around
Really makes you think
>>
>>383994138
>Dungeons needed it because leveling ones became irrelevant on the max level
>Raids didn't needed it at all
nice double standards
heroic should have never existed, it has always been an excuse for blizzard to recycle content instead of making new content

>To clear sunwell you needed gear, and even with badges and trash clearing you needed few weeks to not be a load there
>For the Ulduar and ICC you was ready to go after 2 days on the max level for the 80% of bosses
yes but it still removed attunements and gave you gear that you certainly wouldn't be able to replace until you did sunwell proper, and magister's terrace still gave you very good gear

>I disagree
>TBC was still full of world pvp. elemental plateu, ogre dailies with inane quests like simon says, etc
>Mostly because there was reason to leave hubs
>In wotlk not so much
wintergrasp existed in WotLK, which is pretty much its elemental plateau, there were also plenty of daily hubs
not an argument
>>
>>383994365
>people would still go to enemies capita
Also, WotLK added achievements including the one that required you to kill all enemy faction leaders for the bear mount. And this was when mounts weren't account global, so you had to do it for each and every alt
>>
>>383994161
it only got really out of hand at the end of Cata though. I was playing at 2200-2400 and comps were pretty diverse, very rarely were there more than 2 of the same classes on a team
>>
>>383993963

cata still kept the talent trees, you just had the points spread over a few more levels iirc. the pruning wasn't bad at all and could hardly be called that when compared to WoD. Locks got a total redesign in all 3 specs and this carried into MoP. he's right you fucking wrathbabby.
>>
>>383994337
>In all honesty, they'd have to fix class balance for me to be interested.

This is easily done with just a few number tweaks in talents.
Literally changing integer values can make shaman damage or druid tanking valid options.
>>
>>383994365
Ye. I remember being so awfully sad about SOTA and the other new BG(forgot name), my guild and I went full Wpvp inbetween Wintergrasp.
Shit was fucking great and the classes were quite good, but as someone in the thread said, it homogenized some things, which is never good imo.
>>
File: 1462624005189.jpg (42KB, 377x326px) Image search: [Google]
1462624005189.jpg
42KB, 377x326px
Wintergrasp was fun
>>
>>383983870
Blizzard of old could create decent content.
It's just that they were always good at taking already established content and turning it into even better stuff without breaking a sweat.
New Blizzard is completely creatively bankrupt though, they are just so far away from their playerbase.
Remember when they thought about the classic-like servers? Man that was funny, blizz devs are fucked in the head sometimes i swear.
>>
>>383994365
>I disagree. People couldn't even do ICC with the 30% buff and late Ulduar bosses were too hard for pugs.
I diagree, I cleared first 2 icc 25 wings in pug without even bothering to gear up outside of badge gear after returning
>>383994450
>nice double standards
I actually fail to see problem
You did heroic on the 61 and 70, not on the 70 and 70, 70 normal and 70 heroic literally had same loot outside of last boss
raid difficulty is direct gear upgrade
Yes, xiv solved problem the best with "hard dungeons", but yoshi is genius after all
>yes but it still removed attunements and gave you gear that you certainly wouldn't be able to replace until you did sunwell proper, and magister's terrace still gave you very good gear
It was kara for normal za for heroic level of gear if I remembeer correctly
Badge farm was the only way, and that gear actually required so much it was faster to just run old raid
Naxx in vanilla had 50g attument and aq40 didn't even had one, so not an argument against killing old raids
>wintergrasp existed in WotLK
Shame in wotlk one sided servers became a thing so it was 40 people vs 10 buffed people
>>
>>383994057
Arator should stay on the sidelines. There's enough dislike already for the fact that all three Windrunner sisters are filthy humanfuckers.
>>
>>383994790
>Shame in wotlk one sided servers became a thing so it was 40 people vs 10 buffed people
elementals weren't up when the fight was going on
and i don't think wintergrasp counts as world pvp since it's organized to an extent
>>
>>383984079
Vanilla 8/10
BC 9/10
WoTLK 7,5/10 (ICC patch drought 5/10)
Cata 4,5/10
MoP 8/10
WoD lol/10
Legion 5/10

Cata was bad, other expansions were horrible.
>>
>>383994790
first two icc wings? you mean the ones that every pug does then falls apart?

probably carried by people in better gear if you were late also
>>
>>383976698
Except they didn't do that, you tard.
They completely reworked the 1 - 60 leveling experience so it wasn't horrible any more.
They added in dozens of new quests to accomplish this.
Not to mention they made the entire old world an actual world in order for flying to work. Before it was full of literally holes in the world with nothing there. Now everything has been filled in with terrain.
Plus the new look is objectively better than the look of the old world. Thousand Needles for example is far more interesting than it ever was. The barrens is full of life now. Ashenvale and shit is actually worth questing in.
God, you should just kill yourself.
>>
File: talentree.png (2MB, 1554x796px) Image search: [Google]
talentree.png
2MB, 1554x796px
>>383994542
okay

id rather be a wrathbabby than a catababby. if you played straight from wotlk to cata you would see all the removed/simplified abilities
>>
why did these dumb niggers play musical chairs with the mantle of warchief after fucking-up Garrosh? Literally just put Thrall back on there so the Horde can at least go back to being it's outcast deal. This Sylvanas pandering is pretty retarded

t. alliance main who appreciates the horde's differing races but hates how cucked they are by blizz
>>
>>383994824
I beg to differ. His mix heritage gives him some relation to both factions (although the Horde side is a little weak, it is there), which other lead characters like Thrall, Tirion, Khaedgar and Illidan have all lacked. The only character that really out does him, that I can think of, is Garona (also underused).

More directly, he's got a relation to the old, glorious Paladins of War 2 days, while also being the nephew of Sylvanas. Great potential for plot there. They should have set him up as Tirion's lieutenant and worked it from there

>There's enough dislike already for the fact that all three Windrunner sisters are filthy humanfuckers.

Would have rather they did away with Rhonin then
>>
>>383994542
>>383995181
You also had to hit 31 points in one tree before investing elsewhere, from memory. Vanilla-Wrath was more free form, so we get crazy shit like HARP during tBC
>>
>>383995181

Lets not act as if those hacks would have kept the Trees right up until Legion anon, the dev teams keep changing and now we have a bunch of D3 rejects who have no attachment or understanding of the game and it's history.

>nerf human female weapon size after 12 years of it being a constant
>buff belf female weapon size after 12 years of it being a constant
>belf weapons now as big as the human ones they saw fit to nerf

just a bunch of yes-men lead by an ex-lawyer who keep changing shit and blanketing it as a QoL change.
>>
>when you go from releasing blogposts and ''watercoolers'' to keep in contact with your rampaging playerbase to scripted Q+As every few months

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/2053469/wow-dungeons-are-hard
>>
File: YAMERO.jpg (79KB, 319x319px) Image search: [Google]
YAMERO.jpg
79KB, 319x319px
>>383995282
>His mix heritage gives him some relation to both factions (although the Horde side is a little weak, it is there),
>High Elf = Horde
>>
>>383995427
Why is GC still the background of that forum, when he left the company long ago?
>>
>>383995282

They also brought back the rightful heir to Lordaeron alongside Anduin's rise to power yet she ended up a simple priest follower.

Legion is literally Blizzard burning all loose plot-lines while they keep focusing on 2 or 3 characters at a time.
>>
>>383976802
I was unironically excited for cataclysm. Finally I could level another character without having to do all the same quests I've done a ton of times already. New quests for leveling! Holy fuck!

And it was pretty good the first time but after that it's even more boring than redoing the old ones because they put in too many "control some kind of a thing that is not your character" quests and internet memes.
>>
File: Rexxarart.jpg (27KB, 487x480px) Image search: [Google]
Rexxarart.jpg
27KB, 487x480px
>>383994057
>Rexxar grew sickened by the senseless killing that the orcish race seemed to favor, and particularly the constant betrayals — first by Gul'dan and then by Ner'zhul. His resolve was further weakened when Haratha was drained of its life essences by an orcish warlock when he lept in between them to save his master. He slew the warlock but had lost his companion. He declared that he would only trust beasts from there on out, and left the Horde to wander the world on which he was now stranded.

Leave Rexxar alone
>>
>>383995427
i miss ghostcrawler
ion "keep grinding your casino" holokaustas is the worst thing to happen to the game
>>
>>383995554
>he left the horde that early
how the fuck did he get to kalimdor?
>>
>>383995282
>Would have rather they did away with Rhonin then
They did. He's been dead since Theramore. There still isn't any logical reason for Blizzard to replicate Vereesa's exemplary achievements in racemixing with Alleria and then Sylvanas.

Hell, they don't even know what to do with Vereesa now. The reason she's disliked as a character isn't because "Knaak the hack", it's because Blizzard and their own writers can't keep her consistent. One minute she gets actual character development in War Crimes (the only good part of that piece of shit book), come Legion she immediately swerves back into "fuck the Horde" mode.
>His mix heritage gives him some relation to both factions (although the Horde side is a little weak, it is there)
"Mixed heritage" is a recipe for a disaster when in Blizzard's hands, because it inevitably leads to godawful Mary Sues like Med'an.
>>
File: 2lxfcps[1].jpg (200KB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
2lxfcps[1].jpg
200KB, 1600x1000px
Deathwing head shops were the best part about Cata. Sadly I didn't save any of them.
>>
>>383995548
Cata was excellent for people that just like to level alts. I think I leveled like 8 characters to 80, because the dungeon finder allowed people to play as tank and healer for insta queues
>>
>>383995509

its an old post that somehow got kept after the site revamp.

i'd rather he come back with his team than the shit we have now desu

>GC stands his ground about dungeon difficulty and class changes, only for him to have to cave due to higher-ups anyway
>>
>>383990170
that's not what happens and you know it faggot
>>
>>383995348
Damn I completely forgot about that. Not a surprise half the playerbase left in cataclysm.
>>
>Ultimately, we don’t want to give undergeared or unorganized groups a near guaranteed chance of success, because then the content will feel absolutely trivial for players in appropriate gear who communicate, cooperate, and strategize.

he was too good for us
>>
>>383995682
that was wotlk senpai

dungeon finder + heirlooms made leveling a joke
>>
File: Rexxar-3.jpg (41KB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
Rexxar-3.jpg
41KB, 1024x640px
>>383995619
>Through his journeys in the wilderness, he came to befriend a bear named Misha, who would come whenever summoned by Rexxar. Together, they traveled to Kalimdor, where they roamed the Barrens away from civilization. But his journeys had seen nothing but wars amongst the so-called "civilized" creatures.

Probably stole a boat with his orc nigger blood
>>
>>383995757

wod you mean
>>
>>383995554
>warlock
>warlock
>warlock
So why didn't he stick with thralls horde? He must have been able to tell the difference between the new horde and old horde during his wc3 campaign
>>
>sargeras dies this expansion
>old gods and voidlords die in the following 2
what will they come up with next
>>
>>383995832
Oh right, cata was 85. Yeah but that's what I spent most of time on, because dragon soul was boring af and I decided to play level instead grinding worthless IDs
>>
>>383995964
>Thrall invited Rexxar to return to Durotar with him, but Rexxar told him that his place was still in the wild. He named the ogre Mok'Morokk as the new leader of the Stonemaul clan and disappeared into the barren wilderness.
>>
>>383976802
I liked Cata. Had the most fun with my resto druid, mu surv. hunter, my disc. priest and my DK blood. I miss the talent trees.
>>
>>383988578
NEW Gagetzan and the City of Kul Tiras will be faction hubs in the upcoming South Seas expansion you heard it here first.
>>
>>383995435
Hence why I said it was weak. It still there, and it's still more than basically any other character in the game that isn't Garona
>>
>>383995351
>buff belf female weapon size after 12 years of it being a constant
Is it finally time for me to play a Female Blood Elf again? God I hated those small weapons.
>belf weapons now as big as the human ones they saw fit to nerf
Oh for fuck sake.
>>
>>383995974
We're defeating most of the Titan Pantheon in the 7.3 raid, so they'll probably help us defeat Sargeras just like the Titan Watchers in Ulduar. Inbefore they do some retarded redeem shit with him since he wants to fight the Void Lords.
Next expansion will probably be Azshara as end game with some Void Lord spoilers to make way for another expansion where we finally defeat the Void Lords.
>>
>>383995554
pretty sure that leaves out the entirety of his development in the Founding of Durotar campaign

>"Mixed heritage" is a recipe for a disaster when in Blizzard's hands, because it inevitably leads to godawful Mary Sues like Med'an
Blizzard will right Mary Sues regardless of racial background. Just look at Green Jesus, Tirion, and Legions version of Illidan. It's not good reason to remove a character who had a lot of potential, especially given how much story Sylvanas has been given
>>
>>383994751
YOU THINK YOU DO
>>
>>383996729
No, it isn't. No High Elves has ever associated themselves with the Horde.
>>
>>383984808
>pvp was probably the worst it had ever been, and probably the worst it will ever be. Ability prune was largely unneeded, but luckily legion added some more depth back to the classes.
Is this bizarro-/v/? Legion removed almost all the cool stuff that had been accruing, especially a focus on mobility. Now plenty are just standing around, casting their 2ish main abilities.
>>
>>383995974
>what will they come up with next
World of Warcraft 2. The world is now the body of the awakened Titan Azeroth. Battlegrounds are built around fighting for geographical control of her tits
>>
>>383996875
we have enough blood elves as it is
stay fucked off
>>
>>383997271
High Elves and Blood Elves are literally the same race, differing only on social norms (meditation vs drinking the demon kool aid), which are close to non-existent after the Sunwell raid anyway. He is also Sylvanas nephew. That's a relation to the Horde, albeit a weak one
>>
>>383996875

shields look decent now, but daggers look like swords. most staves look like they belong on the males due to the size buff
Thread posts: 511
Thread images: 64

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.