[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>games preceding it were good >game that came after it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 4

File: GTAIV.jpg (197KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
GTAIV.jpg
197KB, 900x900px
>games preceding it were good
>game that came after it was good
>this was shit
what went wrong?
>>
>>383975109

the only thing wrong was the lack of customization with clothes and cars. also could have used a few better sidequests (wish they kept the taxi missions and not just 10 of them). other than that it was really good
>>
>>383975109
GFWL, bad port, cars drive like boats
>>
>>383975109

>GTA IV was bad

You have to be 18 to post here.
>>
>>383975109
>this was shit
Nope.
>>
>>383975109
I liked it, but it really can't compare to V. IV will forever be the weird gritty spin-off starring a sad sack Euro and his whacky cousin.
I can't believe people defend the driving.
>>
i hope 6 or vice city 2 what ever is more like 4
>>
>>383975747
People praised the driving as "realistic" but I get the feeling those people have never been in the driver's seat of a car in their life. You can't even make sharp turns
>>
>>383975939
I get the feeling it's young Americans with that opinion because all the cars over there are fucking heavy and don't turn and none of them know how to drive a manual.
>>
>>383976140
there's basically no difference.
>>
>>383975109
Other way around. San Andreas and V are meme games for "DUDE VAPE NATION" high schoolers. IV is kino alongside Vice City.
>>
>tfw can't disarm a thug permanently by shooting his hand
>tfw can't shoot the feet off someone without them just limping away
>tfw can't kneecap someone without them waking away just limping instead of incapacitated
>tfw 5 shots to a thug's torso with a 9mm won't incapacitate him
I wish they'd refine the shooting mechanics for more realism for future GTAs
>>
>>383975747
I can't stand the on foot controls the most. starting with this game they made it where you have to hold a face button just to run at a normal speed. this makes no sense and makes you feel incredibly sluggish. I especially hate this game because it was so popular, which led to many other devs doing the same thing in their games, mindlessly copying shit mechanics just because it's from a popular game. and the weird part I that if you switch to left handed, you don't need to hold a button to move normally. it's ike they just did it to fuck with people. it's like when you have a small pebble in your shoe or a sliver in your finger. you just can't concentrate and it's infuriating.
>>
>>383975939
No one thinks the driving is realistic. It's relatively realistic, but not realistic.

And that's a moot point because the driving is just plain superior to every other game in the series.
>>
>>383976605
You're just bad at the game. The point was th the physics engine let you have much more control over the character than the areade physics of 3-SA.

Of course they went over board with V to the point that one small tap or misstep will have your toon staggering around. It's especially bad in online where a long as fuck staggering animation is granted to be your death.
>>
>>383975109
I miss the car damage and the funny euphoria phisycs this game had, hope they bring them back in 6
>>
>>383977032
V has the best driving, sweetie
>>
>>383975109
They only people who think it was good were those who this was their first GTA
>>
>>383977217
San andreas driving was the best from the series, dude
>>
>>383977139
Is this a joke? IV was ridiculously sluggish, V controls like Max Payne 3.
>have to hold three buttons to even be able to lighly jog while aiming
>>
>>383977217
Second to IV.

>>383977380
While on foot is indeed superior, it's missing nuance that MP3 is.
>>
>>383977380
Max Payne 3 plays a lot better than V.
>>
>>383978270
No shit, but it's still night and day between IV and V. Gunfights in IV are extremely static.
>>
>>383975109
>vehicles can't fucking turn
>everyone wonder's what happened
>>
>>383977193
GTA4 physics were hilarious. I used to spend most of my time in that game just running into oncoming traffic.
>>
>>383977265
if you lived through the releases instead of going through a backlog you would know it was just as mindblowing as 3
>>
>>383975698
>>383975703
>>
>>383978913
No, it was garbage soap opera bullshit.
>>
>>383979006
it was 10/10 by everyone's standards at the time
>>
>>383979075
>by review sites standards and normie Madden audience standards
Just admit it was your first you underage b&
>>
>>383979162
>enjoys living in the past
it made SA feel like clunky bullshit
>>
>>383976279
this. Also pcfags will never get the launch-day feel. strolling around LC the first time was amazing.
>>
If you think GTA IV is good you are a retard. It's as simple as that.
>>
I really took for granted the fact that you could actually die in a car accident in GTA4. In GTA5 you can slam into a wall at 130mph and not lose any hp. Your car won't even be that hurt either.
>>
>>383979953
What was the point of the console warring bullshit again?
>>
I like it better than 5 because the multiplayer isn't a grindfest full of microtransactions.
>>
>>383980430
Great argument anon, thread can end now
>>
>>383979372
>I hate keeeeling people
>proceeds to kill someone in every mission
>I want to get away from keeeeling people
>>
inb4 the English major Grand Theft Autist
>>
>>383981278
I liked him. He inspired me to replay IV and V.
>>
>>383981323
Comfiest reads I've had in recent /v/ 2bh
>>
>>383981528
Can I get a link to the archive?
>>
>>383975109
>all wrong
https://youtu.be/GWVtZJo-HqI
>>
>>383981612
>GTAIV is the better game because you can put seatbelts on
You know that video is sarcastic right?
>>
>>383981607
this
>>
>>383981612
click the op image and read the text you massive retard kek
>>
>>383981729
GTA V is a linear, scripted shitfest.
>>
>>383981789
Not really, more work went into a single GTAV mission than a single DRIVE HERE SHOOT PEOPLE mission in IV. The world is actually vibrant and worth exploring and taking in.
These are just a couple of objective facts, they're both pretty good games.
>>
>>383981789
every GTA game is
>>
>tfw GTAIV girlfriends are either black, bitches, or dead
>>
>>383982068
>mfw date Kiki and Carmen separately
>Kiki starts sending these weird texts

wtf
>>
>>383975109
This game got more hate it deserved. It was mainly lacking in varied content and missions being the same stuff most of the time. Though it was still really fun, thought the shooting felt pretty good.
Both IV and V are pretty great with their own ups and downs.
>>
>>383982068
SA had the superior girlfriends
>girlfriend that would get out of hospital for free with all your weapons and ammo
>another that would get you out of jail free with all your weapons and ammo
>all of them give you special clothes for reaching max relationship status
>>
>>383982068
There's no datable black woman in GTAIV, you idiot.
>>
>>383982275
GTAIV women had perks, too

Carmen offered healing, Kiki could get the cops off your ass, and Alex got you a discount in clothes stores.
>>
>>383982291
Irish are basically black
>>
>>383982389
>clothes stores
>literally only TWO forms of hats and TWO forms of glasses from ONE shit store
What were they thinking
>>
File: sacop.jpg (30KB, 217x584px) Image search: [Google]
sacop.jpg
30KB, 217x584px
>>383982389
Not saying they didn't, just that SA's were superior
>>
>>383982698
IVfags only respond to posts about the other games in terms of how IV is equal and/or better.
>>
>>383982810
>acting as if this is some sort of war when the only GTA game I don't really like is London 1961
>>
>>383980434
That's not true, though. GTA5 was stupidly inconsistent about, but you can definitely die. There was just some seemingly random occurrence to it. Sometimes you're fine and other times you die. GTA4 it was just guaranteed you'd get fucked if you're in a bad accident.
>>
>>383982994
It is, because GTA 4 doesn't generate quality videos like GTA 5
i just wanted to listen to GTA 5's OST
>>
>>383980434

I've died by speeding into a truck in V.
>>
>>383976557
Little details like this would make a huge difference.

GTA V didn't even have semi-realistic car damage though.
>>
Too serious.
>>
>>383980434
>drive a car off a cliff
>car just bounces off the mountain like it's a toy
>not even a dent
>suddenly hits a random rock and explodes

For a huge budget game that's supposedly about cars they didn't put a whole lot of work into it.
>>
>>383983713
You're fucking retarded
>land on wheels
>no damage
>land on anything else
>car explodes
You never figured this shit out?
>>
>>383975698
I bought GTAIV day one on the 360 when I was 16 I had recently got my first job and it was the first game I bought with my own money. I could never even bring myself to finish it. It felt like a step down in every way compared to SA besides visuals I guess but it is easily one of the most disappointing games I've ever played. I fucking hate this game more than I can even begin to describe.

>>383979953
Kill yourself console warring faggot
>>
>>383983713
I never understood how the car destruction worked. You could drive off the tallest building in the middle of the city and it'd be fine but if you drive off the road into the sewer part (which isn't much of a drop even) then it would explode.

>>383983918
I swear I managed to survive from high up even if it lands on anything other than the wheels
>>
It was certainly not shit and a lot better than V
>>
>>383983932
>16 yo
>first job
>>
>>383983713
Meanwhile in GTAIV
>don't drive off a cliff because there are no cliffs or mountains in the game
>>
>>383984258
>he didn't start working when he was 16
I bet you live in your mom's basement.
>>
>>383984513

I started working when I was 14, then I bought my Game Boy Advance SP, good times.
>>
>>383975109
right b4 when hipster culture went mainstream
>>
File: IMG_20170715_040037415.jpg (2MB, 4320x2432px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170715_040037415.jpg
2MB, 4320x2432px
when you see it
(pic related)
>>
>>383975109
Too much of a focus on making the game look nice and realistic rather than making it fun and diverse in gameplay like the previous game. It was especially a divergence in approach from San Andreas, which placed enjoyable gameplay as a priority and visuals as a clear secondary.
>>
>>383986906
IV had diversity in gameplay, not in the mission design admittedly, but in the manner with which you could approach them, which is supposed to be the selling point of an open world sandbox game like GTA:
>Pest Control: instead of chasing a target down a freeway and shooting his car until it blows up, place a bomb under his car beforehand so he blows up as soon as he gets in, or follow him until he stops at a gas station and shoot an RPG at the gas pumps, or get ahead of his car and hide in a toll booth to mow him down Godfather-style when he stops, or follow him across the bridge and ram his car into the river, etc.
>Holland Nights: instead of fighting your way through a housing project to kill a target, climb a crane a few blocks away to snipe him with one shot, or call the cops so they have a shootout with the gang members and clear the way for you, or call a friend to send you backup gangsters who will fight by your side, etc
>Late Checkout: instead of going up the elevator and shooting your way through a hotel to kill a target, steal a helicopter and land on the roof to drop down from above, or leave a getaway car running in a nearby alley and use a window-washing platform to get onto an adjacent roof, etc.
>Museum Piece: instead of getting into a car chase with the mafia and then escaping the cops after fighting your way out of a museum, call a friend to land his helicopter outside so you can make a clean getaway, etc.

And then there's Lure; you can do the mission by luring him to the window and sniping him or by driving him out of the apartment and chasing him; the player figures out the method. The former can be done by shooting the cable dish, calling the number on the phone in the room, shooting the windows, shooting the TV set, or shooting him from the fire escape outside his apartment. The latter can be done by calling the number three times or causing three disturbances, throwing a grenade in the window, or going near it.
>>
>>383975939
Its not realistic but its a game that revolves around 75% driving. So it needs to have some form of a challenge. V's driving was sharp and responsive which is why it was not as challanging and god for fucks sakes the "flip mechanic".
>>
>>383975109
You're not mature enough to get it
>>
>>383975109
>Thinking GTAIV is bad
>Thinking GTAV is superior
I can understand bad taste but come on this goes too far
>>
Somewhat unrelated but it pissed me off how there was like two proper heists in the whole of GTAV despite them marketing it as if it were a whole game built around the Four Leaf Clover mission
I think that's what, in my eyes, turned GTAV's singleplayer from bad to irredeemable
>>
why was little jacob such a bro?
>>
>>383988494
Are you seriously going to pretend that's the norm for GTAIV and you're not driving somewhere and getting in a shootout for 95% of the game?
Almost every GTAV mission has some sort of interesting set-piece that makes you feel like you're in an action movie.
>>
>played through IV about 6-7 times
>modded it and had a blast
>try online
>spent an ungodly amount of time fucking around with the community having fun
>still go back every now and then to mod and fuck around

>played through V once
>never touched singleplayer again
>tried online and thought I was having fun
>turns out it was a gold grind you can never get off
>stopped playing
>found a way to cheat
>gave self $500M
>finally having fun
>stop playing once I realize free roam is filled with menu kiddies that do nothing but blow up your character and go god-mod to fuck up your good time

Let's hold hands and pray that VI doesn't end up being shit.
>>
>>383991741
>chill as fuck
>lets you buy guns for cheap
>cared about you and kept you out of harm's way even though he didn't even need to do it by calling you about the shady deal and coming along with you
Too bad other missions didn't implement "friend calls you to tag along because something seems fishy"
>>
>>383975109
>GTA IV was shit
Thank you for sharing your opinion with us OP, however wrong it may be.
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.