[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Play Dark Souls 1 after beating 2 and 3 >It fucking sucks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

>Play Dark Souls 1 after beating 2 and 3
>It fucking sucks
Wew. To think i was right all along, Dark Souls is a fucking turd. The most memed game in history.
>>
well this thread is going to turn into a shit show
>>
>>383972740
Just in case, i meant Replay.

The kite dragon's gimicky breath is unblockable, even at NG+. The framerate-based gameplay is utterly stupid and it's super slow and laggy at 30 fps or less.
>>
File: pancake maker.jpg (385KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
pancake maker.jpg
385KB, 600x800px
I played Dark 2 and 3 first as well. It's not bad at all. I also really like some of the weapon infusions that didn't make it back along with some of the weapons like pancake maker.

Only thing that doesn't hold up for shit though is the combat. Sometimes I just wish anything worked well.

Other than that, it's definitely the best world in the series. No meme geometry the player can plainly see but not explore. I'm in Duke's Archives and to my surprise the grassy areas at the base of the thing wasn't scenery. All explorable. If it were any other Souls game... damn. Would never happen.
>>
>>383972504
>>383973183
>playing a series out of order

You are the biggest plebs on the planet.
>>
>>383973029
Dragon breath is fine. the first one doesn't kill you.
>>
let the shit fest begin
>>383972740 I see why you can be turned off by that, thats why anyone who suriously plays that game is on pc but mostly for the mp, which is the only reason these games have longevity
>>
File: sucy meh.jpg (21KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
sucy meh.jpg
21KB, 225x350px
>>383972504
In other words you're casual
>>
>>383973029
>and it's super slow and laggy at 30 fps or less.

Use dsfix, retard.
>>
>>383972504
It still has the best level and world design in the series by a good margin
>>
>>383974750
Being a polished turd of a game rather than an unpolished turd of a game is not something to be proud of, Redditor.
>>
>>383972504
(you)
>>
The only good thing about *souls games is you can only really like 2. The first one you play, and the one you beat with your prior understanding of the gameplay.
So luckily this genre will cannibalize itself.
Which is great because I've fucking hated it ever since I beat DaS1.
>>
>>383974882
You used that analogy horribly, it argues against what you're arguing.
>>
>>383975013
I find things I like in all three, also in blood-borne.
>>
File: 1499326188416.jpg (32KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1499326188416.jpg
32KB, 540x540px
>>383972504
>>
>>383975538
Yeah you'll like certain things about them, but you won't like the entire experience. That's the problem.
>>
>>383974053
>'but it's good with mods!'

Please stop doing this shit. It had piss awful optimization on all ports of the game and mods aren't on console.
>>
The thing that shit me most about DS3 was him the enemies wouldn't follow you through doorways or arches. I cheesed so many dudes by aggroing them and then hiding through a doorway, peppering them with arrows while they swung like bitches.
>>
File: The Man.jpg (48KB, 394x406px) Image search: [Google]
The Man.jpg
48KB, 394x406px
>>383975727
>>
>>383975727
That's more Fromsoft's fault than anything imo

They consistently did less to keep players interested as the series went on and it's very noticeable.
>>
>>383975945
That's the interesting thing.
It's not like you can play 1, think it's shit, then go onto 2 and 3 and think they're good, or vice versa.
If you played 2 then 3, you will inevitably find 1 to be shit.
If you played 3 and 1, then you will inevitably find 2 to be shit.
Everyone gives bloodborne a fake pass because it's an exclusive regardless, but it counts against the tally if someone were to actually like it.
>>
>>383976135
I went SoTFS/3/Bloodborne and I'm enjoying 1 a lot more than 3 and in some ways Bloodborne. 10/10 atmosphere and color palette and 10/10 world and exploration as well, which would put it over Bloodborne but the combat weighs Dark Souls 1 down a little.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.