[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the FUCK is this game so popular? The visuals are beautiful

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (204KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
204KB, 1280x720px
Why the FUCK is this game so popular? The visuals are beautiful - I'll give you that, but it's 90% luck-based. Where's the fun?
>>
Fun does not compute
>>
is mario
>>
>>383968486
I do not know but it's addictive
>>
File: 6464278779238.png (305KB, 534x486px) Image search: [Google]
6464278779238.png
305KB, 534x486px
It's 90% luck-based if you're shit
>>
>>383968486
>but it's 90% luck-based.

it's not if you're good at it
>>
>>383968486
>it's 90% luck-based

I wouldn't say 90%, maybe 15%. If you are good you are probably going to win but there's always that chance you get unavoidably fucked in the ass at the worst possible time.
>>
>>383968486
it's at MOST 30% luck based if you're completely shit at the game.
>>
>>383969306
Being good just lowers that to 75% to be honest
>>
Watch out, superior kart racer coming through.
>>
>>383971054
I must be pretty lucky then if I'm coming first most races online.
>>
VROOOOM VROOM BING BING WAHOO LESSAGO
>>
You mean you don't have fun playing mario kart?
>>
Because it's a Mario game.
>>
>>383971423
Well, where is it? You must have posted the wrong image.
>>
>>383968486

You won't get first place in every race because of the luck factor, but out of multiple races the best player will do the best overall. No trash player is going to get 1st place against good players just by getting bullet bills and mushrooms.
>>
File: CrashTeamRacingNACover.png (140KB, 256x255px) Image search: [Google]
CrashTeamRacingNACover.png
140KB, 256x255px
Why do they still release karting games after CTR came out?
>>
>its a "you get target shocked at a glider section and get the slowest respawn possible" episode
Is the anything more infuriating in this game?
>>
>>383973096
Losing first after getting blue shelled twice
>>
>>383969306
>winning the whole race because you're better than everyone else
>all you got the entire race were coins because you're in first the entire time
>blue shell on last stretch of last lap and guy in 2nd gets a free win
>not luck based gameplay
>>
Does anyone want to add? I'm getting tired of having to play with randoms who don't know how to play the game.
>>
>>383973412
>he can't dodge blue shells

literally git gud
>>
>>383973412
>not luck based gameplay
I never claimed there weren't any luck in this game, just not as high as 90%.
>blue shell on last stretch of last lap and guy in 2nd gets a free win
If second is close enough to overtake you after one shell, you weren't really likely to win. He could've thrown his own red and overtake you.
>>
>>383974701
>be second-best player
>win because the best player gets knocked out by the guy in last place
good game design
>>
>not holding back till the last quarter
>not skimming for good items

Typical pleb trash
>>
>>383974929
Maybe the best player is the one in second, knowing they can avoid the blue shell and being able to overtake afterwards
>>
>>383968486
If luck-based things couldn't be fun then board games wouldn't exist and gambling wouldn't have gotten big.

Of course, Mario Kart is more like 20% luck. If you're GOOD you'll get in 1st place often and keep that lead often. You'll never get a 100% winrate from skill alone, but there are players that are bad at the game and can even have a 0% winrate because no amount of luck will keep you from driving off the track or mis-using items.

Mariokart 8 is probably the worst example in the series for this argument, it has double-items and plenty of skill-based items to use, so right off the bat any player that doesn't tactifully use items (including holding items for later use) is not going to win as much.
>>
>>383973412
It's still luck based. If you're GOOD at the game the blue shell is irrelevant, even when you can't dodge it. If you're close enough to 2nd place for them to overtake you with a single blue shell, you have enough time to fall back and let them go into 1st so THEY get hit and YOU overtake THEM again. Most players are too stupid to understand strategies like this. Of course, if you're actually that good you're going to be far enough ahead to know even after a blue shell you're still going to be in 1st.
>>
>>383974929
If the blue shell only appeared in like 1/10 games you'd have a point, but it appears in like 95% of games. If you're not planning around the blue shell, you're not good enough to deserve first place. A smart player would rather grab a good item and hang out right behind 1st place than rush like a retard into 1st place.

Hint: Mario Kart isn't a game that gives you a bonus for being in 1st, it only matters what position you're in when you FINISH. You're probably one of the mongoloid pigshits that can't comprehend that being in 1st doesn't mean you're "winning".
>>
>>383976216
>A smart player would rather grab a good item and hang out right behind 1st place than rush like a retard into 1st place.
good game design
>>
>>383976319
It IS good game design. It rewards patience and tactics instead of just braindead "HURRR I PRESSED THE A BUTTON THATS THE GAS SO I GO FAST REEEEEEEEEEE A BLUE SHELL REEEEEEEE" all game long.
>>
>>383968486

Mario Kart is a great game when you win and it's a shit game when you lose.
>>
>>383975886
Not that guy, but your post is a load of hogwash. People who are actually good at the game play with other people who are good, where you can't get easy breaksways every race, so blueshells do matter there. People just need to stop being whiny bitches.
>>
You're all retarded. You either drop out of first when a blue shell appears on the map or you're far enough away from second to where you'd hold first anyways.
If you actually want to talk about bullshit talk about lightning and triple red shells in second
>>
>>383976735
Can you actually get a shock in 2nd? I've seen a few stars and bills, and that's already ridiculous.
>>
>>383976858
Sorry, should have elaborated. Item spawns are dependent on your distance from first AND placement, so it may be possible, but I just meant lightning in general and triple reds in second.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.