[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It doesn't matter which way you slice it, paying a premium

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 11

>>
Yeah, but maybe the game will end up being good anyway.
>>
what are you talking about, is this gonna cost more for us because mads is in it?
>>
>>383964935
>It costs less for hollywood actors then it does for big name voice actors

Really activates my noggins
>>
>>383965075

No, it will cost more to develop. Money that could have been spent on actually improving the game.
>>
>>383965146
That's blatantly false.
>>
This will be a good and artistic game and no amount of shitposting will change that.
>>
>>383965075

No but it does cost more for Sony which affects other factors such as available expendable income and willingness to invest in risky mechanics or other ideas that might threaten sales. Expect a Ubi openworld game with trippy visuals and a lot of tv actors.
>>
>>383964935
If he's doing mo-cap, that can be a lot of work, also scanning all of those facial expressions and anything else that they wanna scan in.
Not to mention the fact that the studio is in Japan so he does have to travel back and forth for it.
>>
>>383965146
I'm not so sure about this after MGSV (which is what I assume you're basing this statement on). Sutherland is estimated to have cost a fraction of what Hayter may have wanted, but he had almost no dialogue and wasn't involved in the writing process (Hayter got writing credits for MGS4). So what if you pay Mikkelson 500k but he has five lines of dialogue? That's budget that would've been better spent elsewhere.
>>
>>383965370
Sony is not a bottomless pit. He doesn't get to drain the coffers. He's wasting cash on shit that isn't necessary. Gamers don't give a fuck about Hollywood actors.
>>
>>383965495
I would like to have more professional actors in my games.
You aren't all gamers.
>>
>>383965169
i need numbers. how much more do eatablished actors get over no name voice actors in games?
>>
File: maxresdefault[7].jpg (44KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[7].jpg
44KB, 1280x720px
>>383964935
How much can it really cost if Quantic Dream was able to afford it for Beyond Two Souls and Supermassive "Litterally Who?" Games was able to afford it for Until Dawn? It's not like either of those devs have a whole lot of money lying around and somehow they were able to afford it.
>>
As someone who was extremely hyped for P.T., I'm extremely disappointed with DS, why couldn't Kojima just make a not Silent Hills games instead of this open world action crap?
>>
>>383965495
Normies do. Cinematic games are becoming a norm so they want to hear Hollywood actors voicing them.
>>
>>383965548
I rather not start seeing screen meme faggots like Seth Rogan and Jonah Hill doing buddy movie games featuring "DUDE WEED LMAO" and whatever fucking else. Thanks, but no thanks.
I rather videogames keeping original characters, not actors who play the same guys over and over because hollywood is lazy.
>>
>>383964935

not when you're making movies like Kojima does.
>>
>>383965771
>Cinematic games are becoming a norm

On what planet? Cinematic games are dying off.

I'm one of those fags that /v/ loathes and despises, who actually likes linear cinematic, narrative driven games, and as a result I can't find shit to play anymore because no one is making them. Only a handful have come out in the last few years.
>>
>>383965557
I have yet to see any proofs, but people were estimating (asspulling) Sutherland being paid 400k for MGSV to Hayter's 5m+ ask. He wasn't even offered the job, but I assume that estimate comes from what he earned for his work on MGS4.

I guess it has something to do with the way compensation works for members of the screen actors guild, for which most VAs are not a part.
>>
File: jew2.jpg (23KB, 246x294px) Image search: [Google]
jew2.jpg
23KB, 246x294px
It's an Ad.
>>
>>383965828
Why can't we have both?
>>
Is that not what you should do when you're making a movie?
>>
I assume these actors aren't gonna voice themselves, right? I think Reedus has enough free time since he only does his bike show and The Walking Dead, but the others surely have more on their plate than just focus on this video game they probably won't even play.

And the rumors of Emma Stone being in are just as insane. I say these actors aren't worth their price unless they also include their voice work. Paying for actors+separate voice actors would be an insane waste, and it would be Kojima asking to get fired for a second time, finally proving that he was the problem all along.

I'd like to think otherwise but I have to agree that this whole including real actors business just seems like a waste of money. With only Norman Reedus it would've been fine, because they can ride the hype from Silent Hills and basically continue it. But more than that is just... seems like a huge waste of money for no reason.

The last improbable thing is that the current and future actors to be revealed are all doing this for a relatively small pay due to it being some sort of passion project in their free time. This is, again, something completely possible for someone like Norman Reedus, not sure about the rest.
>>
>>383965991
Fuck off. Would you buy a Seth Rogan DUDE WEED game? Probably not, but the fucking normies will gobble that shit up.
We already have original characters voiced by literal whos so it feels more real rather than just some famous actor playing a role.
>>
>>383965495
Tell that to Nolan North.

Or better yet, open your fucking eyes mane. Voice Actors Union already went on strike over this shit because they see the writing on the wall. Actors in AAA games and paying top dolla for them is the future. Both for celebs and nobodies that become somebodies over voice acting.
>>
>>383966229
Why can't normies have their thing and we have our thing?
What's wrong with having more choice
>>
>>383965937
You need to buy this game. It's a fucking masterpiece.
>>
>>383966385
heard good things about this game but everyome saying its too short
>>
>>383965990
OP here. My only motive is to generate vidya discussion. I don't give a single fuck about Final Fantasy.
>>
>>383964935
Did you come to that conclusion from the time you spent directing the development of AAA titles?
>>
>>383966526
Death Stranding*
>>
File: Gm_construct0000.png (803KB, 1008x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Gm_construct0000.png
803KB, 1008x1200px
>>383966313
>Wanting more normies to play games
>Wanting more normies to enter good game franchises and demand the studios to dumb it down for them
>Wanting more games to be dumbed down for the masses like most modern shooters today.
>>
>>383966464
Really? I've only heard shitty things.
>>
>>383966464
It's short but extremely enjoyable if you like cinematic games. Play on Hard mode.
>>
>>383966614
I want more people to experience more art, yes. Are you a teenager?
>>
File: buygen4-md-2x.jpg (84KB, 850x478px) Image search: [Google]
buygen4-md-2x.jpg
84KB, 850x478px
>>383966886
Wake up, most modern video game franchises are revenue streams for big companies.
The normans play games like CoD, which just gets pumped out every year with more and more payed DLC each time.
Games can be art, but revenue streams aren't art.
>>
>>383967809
You didn't answer my question. Are you a teenager?
Do you have a Full-Time job?
>>
>voice acting
Can't we just go back to text boxes with beeping sounds already?
>>
>>383967927
It doesn't matter how I answer your stupid questions, you'll think however you want to think anyway.
I don't care for discussions about my personal life, which is why I'm here to talk about fucking video games.
Go be a fag somewhere else.
>>
>>383966067
>And the rumors of Emma Stone being in are just as insane.
Why? She was in Sleeping Dogs for no reason, surely Kojima could get her.
>>
>>383968324
Found the toddler.
>>
>>383965169
>Money that could have been spent on actually improving the game.
You don't know how game development works, off yourself
>>
>>383968580
Are you gonna explain yourself? Nah. You're just a shitposter.
>>
File: 1467944550779.jpg (43KB, 424x412px) Image search: [Google]
1467944550779.jpg
43KB, 424x412px
>>383966385
>>383966464
>>383966746
>cinematic shooter on rails
Its barely a game. I hate to go typical v, but I couldnt finish it because of how dull the gameplay was.

Visually its beautiful, but above all its a game not a film...
>>
>>383968871
>Couldn't finish a six hour game.

Opinion discarded. You probably watch e-celeb faggotry in the background just to stay focused.
>>
File: jew3.jpg (37KB, 463x294px) Image search: [Google]
jew3.jpg
37KB, 463x294px
>>383966526
Sorry I just said that DeSt employed him to advertise the game
>>
>>383968741
Not the guy that you're replying to, but throwing money at programmers and devs won't make the game better. Care and time will though.
>>
>>383968390
I hope your real life becomes fulfilling one day.
>>
>>383969212
Are you shitposting right now? Honest question.
>>
>>383969212
You gotta pay those fucks every single day.
>>
>>383969221
You still trying to start shit, huh?
You just can't let it go?
>>
>>383965169
Improving in what? Getting more shit songs on the Soundtrack? Buying more real products licenses to shill? How exactly do you think money will improve the game? Throwing dollars at the screen doesn't work.
>>
File: 34.png (428KB, 566x609px) Image search: [Google]
34.png
428KB, 566x609px
>>383965037
I will seriously cut my fucking arm off if that happens
>>
>>383967927
Hey faggot; this is a video game board, go roleplay as an adult somewhere else
>>
>>383969756
He's still posting in this thread, it's kinda disappointing. Is this what all "Video games are art" fags are like?
>>
Let Kojima make his movie
>>
File: 1494645664427.jpg (30KB, 542x416px) Image search: [Google]
1494645664427.jpg
30KB, 542x416px
>>383969221
>posting on /v/
>heh, at least I have a life, you TEENAGER lol ecks dee
Why weren't you aborted?
>>
>>383965590
Because both games were Sony funded and owned IPs.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.