[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Launch issues aside, can we all agree that Nintendo did a pretty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 215
Thread images: 17

File: nintendo-switch-console-4835.jpg (120KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
nintendo-switch-console-4835.jpg
120KB, 1600x900px
Launch issues aside, can we all agree that Nintendo did a pretty good job with this thing?
>>
>>383953568
It's selling well enough, second only to the behemoth that is the PS4, so... yeah, pretty much.
>>
>>383953568
Yeah
I'm happy that they've addressed the joycon connectivity issue, and I'm hoping that the docks have been fixed to not scratch the screens anymore
and while there still isn't enough games released for the system for me to justify buying it now, they've got a lot of games and series lined up for the thing
I'm really looking forward to getting one sometime soon
>>
Honestly yeah, I'm really surprised how much I'm liking the portable multi-player aspect. I thought the commercials were memes but it honestly feels like that in real life.
>>
>>383953568

No. Underpowered as always. I still see a likelihood for failure.
>>
>>383953568
Got mine July 1st
Already got like 60 hours in BotW and probably like 20 in MK8DX
Those are my only games but I'm having a lot of fun
Definitely getting Splatoon 2 and Mario Odyssey
Maybe getting Shantae, Metal Slug, Disgaea 5, and Sonic Mania
>>
>>383954410
Get shovel knight if you haven't played it yet
>>
>>383954206
>Nintendoomed since 1889
>>
File: 1499086137661.jpg (67KB, 429x410px) Image search: [Google]
1499086137661.jpg
67KB, 429x410px
>>383953568
Not really. The Joycons, the main thing that keep it "portable" don't look comfortable or useful, and I've heard people have had to adopt strange grips because it feels like it won't support the unit.

Part of the problem is just the nature of the hybrid system and really being good at neither.
>>
>>383954206
Doomed since 1889
>>
>>383954540
I already have it on my 3DS but apparently it has co-op now? Might be worth getting.
>>
>>383954683
Despite being relatively small, they can be pretty damn fun to use
>>
File: original.jpg (228KB, 913x572px) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
228KB, 913x572px
>mobile gaming is taking over the industry
>make a mobile console
They pretty much caters to two markets in a single blow, so yeah they did pretty good.
It's only a matter of time before MS and Sony copies it, both of them got mobile divisions to make it happened.
>>
>>383954206
It's not underpowered at all for a handheld.
>>
>>383953568
They finally found a gimmick that's actually useful.

The problem now is all the good games stranded on Wii-U. Bayo 2, Tropical Freeze, Wonderful 101, etc. could all use ports.
>>
>>383954756
Yeah, I think it also has a battle mode but I'm not sure. I played shovel knight and plague of shadows but I picked up treasure trove for scepter of torment and the upcoming king knight campaign. I find that I prefer joycons more than the pro controller for it because the smaller analog sticks feel like upgraded circle pads to me. There was co-op in the Wii u version too.
>>
Generally, yes but I don't like all the tech jammed into the joycon. When the yellow joycon were announced I was weary about getting a pair because of the $80 price tag. I'd be more sure of purchasing them, but they don't even look yellow. How long has it been since a system received a yellow edition without Pikachu being stamped all over it, outside Japan? GBC?
>>
>>383953568
I won't give my opinion since I'm a nintenbro.

My friend, who is a PS4 fanboy, bought one and loves it to death. So, I would assume it must be a decent "console" for the average gamer.
>>
>>383955332
They'll look yellow in person, all joycons look too bright or too dark on camera.
>>
>>383953568
The console is ok, but there's fucking nothing to do on it
>>
>>383953568
At least the gimmick didn't ruin the whole thing this time.
>>
>>383954108
This; it makes a game night very easy.
>>
File: 1499858397722.jpg (43KB, 450x337px) Image search: [Google]
1499858397722.jpg
43KB, 450x337px
I was considering getting one next week, but the lineup is so fucking bad. There's not even that many games I could play with my nephew and niece besides mario kart. What the fuck happened to Nintendo? Why aren't they releasing virtual console along with some gamecube/n64 classics?
>>
>>383953568

I'm curious what aspect of the Switch counts as "a pretty good job"?

The hardware is under powered vs current generation hardware, to say nothing of future consoles. The hardware hamstrings the hardware and prevents meaningful third party development.

The hardware is poorly designed (you can't charge and have it on stand, dock scratches screen, controllers can be put on incorrectly and then are not removable, heat can warp console, etc).

All of the peripherals are overpriced vs any of the competition which rapidly inflates the cost of the console.

The online service of the system is laughable. Terrible implementation of multiplayer and voice chat that requires a bunch of superfluous dongles and wires, requires a cellphone app, etc. Its the worst part of a system that makes many trade-offs to be portable. The online service doesn't even come close to the level of PSN or XBL and a lot of standard features still aren't implemented.

The system is lacking in both home and mobile features. You can't watch videos or use Netflix like other home consoles. You can't browse the web, listen to music, or use email/messaging like other portable devices (tablets, phones). The battery life is poor in mobile mode.

Even if you ignore ALL of the hardware shortcomings, you're still left with a device that has 2 good games, both of which are available on the previous Nintendo console and are also being emulated on PC.

Why the fuck would you want to buy a Switch?
>>
>>383953568
The only real problem is the stocking shortages
>>
>>383954540
Finally ran through it in one straight shot in co-op last night. Feels really tacked on, wouldn't recommend.
>>
I hate it because it panders too much to the average dudebro gamer who wants portability and the ability to share it online with other chads. That and its game library is insultingly sad. I can't find a single thing I like, and I love video games.
>>
File: 1468900576656.jpg (68KB, 400x395px) Image search: [Google]
1468900576656.jpg
68KB, 400x395px
>>383953568
you have buyers remorse don't you..... because you finished BotW and now you have no games to play on a 400 dollar zelda machine, so instead you shit post on floorchin
>>
>>383956742
Cause they'll save that for when they want another boom in sales or perhaps during the holiday. They can barely get enough out the door as is with the current early-game library, so I doubt they want to reveal that ace up their sleeves ASAP.

Fuck do I ever want it though.
>>
>>383956852
Yeah, I gotta agree with this.
I bought one to play Zelda and now that I've beat it, I'm considering selling the system because there's nothing else to play right now that's worthwhile and there's nothing in the pipeline that looks worthwhile.
>>
>>383957352
just play mario kart online and wait for splatoon my dude
>>
>>383953568

Not really. It's the first early access piece of hardware ever released. It alienated a good number of Wii U fans, which were part of the 13 million most loyal fans (cause only loyal fans would buy that machine) Nintendo had, by being released too early and preventing games from getting released for the Wii U for a whole year, while barely being more powerful.

I won't even mention the major issues others will surely do (third party support, price, battery life, controls, power, online, subscription, demand etc).
>>
>>383956852
>The system is lacking in both home and mobile features. You can't watch videos or use Netflix like other home consoles

you can watch netflix and youtube on the vita apps, has a browser also, not sure if switch does.
>>
>>383955332
>weary
It's wary, you idiot.
>>
I refuse to support it if only because people keep using the popularity argument.

>DUDE IT'S SOLD OUT EVERYWHERE! IT'S THE MUST-HAVE ITEM OF 2017! IF YOU DON'T GET ONE YOU'RE A SQUARE

Go take your marketing somewhere else.
>>
>>383958007
Thanks
>>
>>383958307
I take it you also don't own a PS4.
>>
Why would we exclude launch issues? It hasn't even been out a year. The only things to talk about are the launch issues, which continue to persist.
"Besides all the bad things, its good, right?"
>>
>>383957542
>It alienated a good number of Wii U fans, which were part of the 13 million most loyal fans
Vita's exclusives went to PC/PS4 and Vita didn't even get a sequel to Gravity Rush. That's a sequel which had no reason to exist if it weren't for the Vita users.
Xbone's exclusives all come with an enormous asterisk now, because they're on PC too.
Being a loyal fan never pays off. But people still try so hard to defend their toys in the console wars.
>>
>>383958660
I do, but make no mistake. It was a mistake. The system is garbage, whether it's sony's terrible online, or its lack of good games, or the hardware itself being unable to keep a consistent framerate.

fool me once marketers, shame on you.
>>
>>383953568
>extremely weak hardware
>tons of hardware issues
>only games are wii u ports
good job
>>
File: 1496020984844.jpg (49KB, 308x403px) Image search: [Google]
1496020984844.jpg
49KB, 308x403px
>>383954998
I don't like arguments like "it's good for a handheld" because the last time someone made some mock-up of an actual portable Switch with built-in controls, someone was like "dur, you ruined the functionality of the joycons". Not saying all Nintendo fanboys are like this, but goalpost moving just turns me off.

You know what would be cool? The portable Switch, but crossed with the form and functionality of a 3DS
>>
I don't visit /v/ often and I lean towards no gaming system so no bias here.

The switch is objectively a shitshow. How can anyone defend it?

I think these are shills.
>>
>ports from wiiu
>not a proper console
>shitty controls
>pay online
>more dlc
>still nu-nintendo
>>
>>383959329
Well, fair enough.
>>
>>383954683
But it's good at both and has good games which makes it a system worth owning.
>>
>>383956852

This. I'm gonna wait until the inevitable revision. I'd like better battery life and have it NOT use the plastic cover over the screen. I'm still hesitant though considering MonHun went back to consoles. Maybe a sequel to Etrian Odyssey would have me buy a Switch faster.
>>
>>383956852
>Neogaf: the post
>>
>>383953568
I guess. It's $100 too expensive for me. Nintendo can keep their overpriced dock, I'd rather have it as a pure portable.
>>
It should be 200 burger bucks
>>
>>383959798
every single 4chan board is filled with shills. They shill their games, they shill their movies, they shill their personalities, they shill whatever product is relevant to whatever board.

There's a shill on /tv/ that's made like 30 threads in the past week about "omg the planet of the apes movie is so good how is it this good i mean wow it's amazing so good"
>>
>>383953568

I like it.
>>
>>383957527
He saw them and doesn't like him. He doesn't like Nintendo yet he bought the console anyway. Doesn't add up, right? That's because he's a shitposting false flagged. Learn to read between the lines.

>>383959798
>I'm not a fan of any other particular company, but I hate Nintendo! I swear I don't have an agenda guys!

>>383960472
Battery life is good and a glass protector is 10 dollars. Oh wait, /v/ is just unemployed teenagers still in school.
>>
>>383960834
>>I'm not a fan of any other particular company, but I hate Nintendo! I swear I don't have an agenda guys!
I don't hate Nintendo. They used to make great gaming systems. Why do you think I hate them?
It's just that the switch is shit.
>>
>>383960834
>no one can hate nintendo
Kill yourself
>>
I got one for less that $90 before tax and I think it's pretty good. BOTW is fun, I've busted it out a few times on a rooftop to play MK8 with my buds and the new Mario and XC look okay. It's gonna suck when I finish BOTW and gotta wait for Mario though. I really hope they release Stardew Valley between then.
>>
>>383961070
>playing vanilla stardew on a console no less
wew
>>
>>383960526
The separate dock includes an HDMI cable and a power adapter.
>>
>>383961137
On a handheld. It's why I haven't gotten the other versions yet. And why the fuck are you using mods for a harvest mood knockoff anyway?
>>
>>383953568
I don't own one so I don't know how well it works, but yeah. They actually have a gimmick that sets the thing apart from the other consoles. I kind of want one over Xbox or PS4.
>>
>>383954683
>Doesn't look comfortable or useful
>doesn't look
>look

have you even used it?

This is a non-issue.
>>
>>383961249
I bought one, it's really good. The social aspect is important, so it really helps if you have friends at school or co-workers to play with.
>>
>>383960925
>states that a game console is objectively shitty
>Why do you think I hate them?
Because you're a fucking faggot. Here's your (You), cunt.

>>383960929
>Just let me hate this company, stop calling me out on my bullshit
Make good arguments then.
>>
>>383953568
Sales-wise? Sure. Product-wise? Some of the issues at launch still exist and there's barely any good games for it coming out the first year. Battery life is also abysmal.
>>
>>383961614
I literally breezed past this thread but why do you care so much about what other people think jfc dude
>>
>>383961414
>The social aspect is important
One of the reasons I got mine was because of this. Makes me wonder why Smash Bros is taking so long to come out for this.
>>
>>383962128
I would guess they are saving it for later, because of the Apple part shortages. They can't meet demand right now, and releasing Smash, even if it's just a port and not a brand new game, would cause the demand to skyrocket.
>>
>>383962389
Oh fuck off with that excuse. Every other company that uses NANDs are getting their stock out except Nintendo. It's just Nintendo's usual artificial scarcity bullshit.
>>
>>383962128
I legitimately think it's isn't coming, considering how smash has been. I'd love to see it but for now I'm just waiting for pokken.
>>
>>383953568
Yeah, I was surprised at this thing coming from a PC guy. Hope to see what Nintendo does with it in the future
>>
>>383961614
I actually hate the other companies too, so not sure why I am not allowed to hate nintendo which was my favorite one
>>
File: 1461475629943.jpg (53KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1461475629943.jpg
53KB, 500x375px
>>383962461
>considering how smash has been
>>
>>383962710
Because this is /v/, where 90% of users are Nintendo fanboys and they get triggered if you don't worship Nintendo.
>>
>>383954206
>doom 1989
>>
Gets a passing grade, C-.

Battery life is alright if you're not max volume or brightness, I was getting close to 4 hours in botw on vacation with all that shit turned down to about 1/3 with wifi off. Power is there enough for me to be fine. Splatoon 2 looks fantastic, BotW runs pretty much perfectly outside of Korok Woods after a few patches. And with any luck when it gets hacked it'll become great for emulation hopefully up to gamecube. Won't be running any new ass creeds but I'm not crying for those, AAA multiplat garbage is what my PC is for.

Price is bad. Nintendo is definitely gouging the fuck out of us, no reason it can't be $250. The online service is also not something I'm enthusiastic about. Don't want games as a service shit and Voice chat looks so nasty that I'd rather just play with discord on my PC, thank god for open back headphones.

>>383962437
You're probably looking at products with leftovers from 2016 that don't have as high of relative demand as the Switch. Artificial scarcity has always been a bullshit and baseless argument.
>>
>>383961776
>some issues still exist
Has no one ever heard of sending it to Nintendo to get it fixed for free
>There's barely any good games
There is not a lot of games at the moment, but "good games" is pretty subjective.
>Battery life is also abysmal
Don't get me started with the original 3DS and PSVITA
>>
>>383953568
yeah, finding it really enjoyable so far

didn't even have zelda when i bought it and it still amazed me with the joycon functionality - i didn't have to buy an extra controller to play mk8 2p with my friends
>>
>>383962919
>Artificial scarcity has always been a bullshit and baseless argument.
Maybe if you're a deluded fanboy drone like the majority of this board. Nintendo started as a toy company and still follows toy company logic, just look at the shitshow that Amiibos were.
Nintendo is the ONLY company to have claimed NAND issues, I don't buy it
>>
>>383962805
I meant with ports, sorry. It's not hard to see that melee+HD+portable=systems selling out the Wahoo. Nintendo knows.
>>
>>383962919
I can agree with this. It's enough power do to most of its games well. I thought the price was slightly reasonable compared to other handhelds in the past though. It doesn't have a lot of games going for it now but for me it'll do, it has a good lineup for this year, (I have a PC anyhow). My only problem with the system?

THAT DAMN KICKSTAND AND JOY-CON STRAPS

Grade: C
>>
It needs a proper controller with a correct symetrical dpad - button positioning. They've been doing absolutely PERFECT controllers since the Wii (from the classic controller to the Wii U Pro) to do this fucking shit now.
>>
>>383963401
What's wrong with the joycon straps in your opinion? My only issues so far are no metal kickstand and too much travel on sl sr buttons on the straps.
>>
>>383963014
Nintendo hasn't claimed NAND issues, that was discovered by third party analysis. Plenty of other companies in the mobile market have complained of shortages for it. And, as usual, there's never been a single piece of evidence for artificial shortage, just lots of conspiracy theorists who desperately want it to be true.
>>
>>383953963
> and I'm hoping that the docks have been fixed to not scratch the screens anymore
Is this even real? I've been clumsy as fuck putting mine back in the dock and it remains unscathed. Pretty sure it's just another sonyfaggot meme.
>>
>>383953568

I'm just so pleasantly surprised that for a portable they jumped from the shitty hardware of the 3DS that wasn't even comparable to the gamecube to a portable that is inbetween 7th and 8th gen consoles.
Ideally I wish they would make a powerful console, but it makes sense that they would give up on the console market and focus on combining their efforts into one system.
>>
>>383957352
Well, why didn't you check to see what games are coming in the future for it to see if you like it before buying instead of just buying a $300 console and one game, and be disappointed with what's coming this year and then sell it?
>>
>>383963632
>single piece of evidence for artificial shortage, just lots of conspiracy theorists who desperately want it to be true.
>when amiibos were understocked all the time and the Switch is so understocked that certain retailers sell it for 400 dollars instead of 300
How deep is Miyamoto's dick in your ass
>>
>>383963704
That's evidence of a shortage, but there is literally zero evidence that said shortage is artificial. You do know what that word means, right?
>>
>>383963659
It's real but extremely hard to do. Don't you think it's weird it's the same 3-4 pictures circulating the internet? There hasn't been any new cases, I'm sure the official reason was the ones that were scratched were manifacturing defects and the docks didn't get the protective rubber in them to stop the screen rubbing against the plastic
>>
>>383963550
Getting on the straps and matching up the symbols is easy, but when I wanted to take them off it's not really that easy. It takes a lot of force to get off, and the complicated way of getting them off Nintendo has showed how to do wasn't making it any easy. Finally I did get it off (and almost lost a nail that day)
>>
>>383963014
Do a quick google search for NAND shortage and you'll find that more companies than Nintendo are having issues. But with those companies rather than stock becoming seemingly smaller, prices just rise to fight demand. So you don't see people complaining about stock as much. With that in mind Nintendo actually looks like one of the better companies for not capitalizing on the opportunity to raise their prices rather than other SSD and RAM manufacturers.
>>
>>383963659
The only example I've seen is from that blunty video, but the scratches were horizontal and seem fake. I play my switch in portable mode if I want to play in bed at night, so I'm also pretty rough putting it back in the dock and it's totally fine. I'm definitely getting a microfiber dock sock though
>>
>>383963820
'They' tried really hard to stop people buying it apparently.
>Joycon problem?
>Scratching?
>Bending???
>>
>>383963913
>With that in mind Nintendo actually looks like one of the better companies for not capitalizing on the opportunity to raise their prices rather than other SSD and RAM manufacturers.
Switches are 400 dollars at my local Walmart and Target.
>>
>>383963886
It's really not hard. Once you figure out that the release button isn't necessary it's easy to take off with a more comfortable grip.
>>
>>383963916
There's so many fake issues with the switch and everyone always brings them. Yet there is a legitimate issues with the pro controller d-pad and everybody always says it's not real.
>>
>>383963992
The bending thing is real. Vinny from Vinesauce has had his Switch start to bend. It's rare, but still a huge problem if you're a victim to it.
>>
>>383964152
The switch cannot not heat up to the required temperature to cause bending. It just came like that.
>>
>>383964121
Eh, it was probably just me trying to understand how to get them off on my part. But, the only positive to the straps is how it kind of makes the Joycon feel a little less small and the SL and SR buttons easier to press
>>
>>383964063
that's your local retail jews. In my city, the city I had an overnight layover in, and the 2 cities I was vacationing in, the Targets and Walmarts I checked were all out of stock at $299.99. Can't blame Nintendo because you live in jew town.
>>
>>383964130
I'm fine with the dpad, I saw an infographic about how the switch pro and Wii u pro use the same rubber membrane, and that you can cut a small rubber piece from the middle to lessen the issue.
>>
>>383964152
This is another thing I think was a very extremely isolated batch because the only reports of Switches bending and people complaining about it seem to be From April 1st to 5th after that nothing
>>
>>383964296
I have a hard time using the left joycon sideways without the strap, even though the right is fine.
>>
>>383964407
Yeah, it's not a big deal and you can fix it. My point was it a known mass issue, yet, the 20 people who has technical difficulties with their switch caused people to think its a defective device.
>>
>>383953568
Yes...
>two controllers in one pack
>HD rumble
>touchscreen
It has a lot of possibilities

Even so, it has some unnecessary features like
>the camera thing below the right joy-con
>the nfc lector
>>
>>383964130
What's the dpad problem? I'm thinking of buying one, will I know if it's fucked?
>>
>>383964628
Yeah. I think the left joycon desyning was by far the worst issue, I know someone who even has issues in handheld mode sometimes.
>>
>>383964682
>>the camera thing below the right joy-con
That's the infrared lad
>>
File: 1499411529968.png (281KB, 401x458px) Image search: [Google]
1499411529968.png
281KB, 401x458px
>>383954683
>don't look
>i've heard
>>
>>383964743
If you switch from left to right or right to left it will input other diagonal movements. It's not a big deal, its not game breaking but it is an issue
>>
>>383964682
yeah, the IR sensor was pretty pointless...no one is using it except *shiver* 1,2 Switch....
>>
>>383964857
Ah sounds a bit important for fighting games though, hopefully it gets fixed
>>
>>383964857
Does it affect all of them? I'm not getting it
>>
>>383959681
The switch is a handheld and it is portable

It's just not pocket portable. You need a bag.

Also /v/ is not one person. I think a switch pocket would be a good idea.
>>
>>383964743
There isn't much of a ball to keep the dpad from bottoming out. Its still there, but less noticeable and therefore less rockable than any other nintendo dpad.

My only personal issues is that the plastic is too rough. Someone told me it was like a smooth stone, but it's more coarse than the buttons.
>>
>>383964743
Yeah, a lot of people are reporting that it's very easy to double input Even if you're pressing at the very ends of the +. If you're trying to press left you might accidentally press up even if you really weren't pressing up. I had that issue for the first week or so but it seemingly went away on its own. Haven't had an issue in Puyo Puyo for a month or so. Your results may vary.
>>
>>383964951
>>383964957
I think it's pretty much all of them.
Yeah well, if you are keen on playing street fighter 2 then yeah its an issue.
>>
>>383964969
It fits fine in my jacket pocket without the joycons.
>>
Is ARMS worth it? It looks fun as fuck but if I buy it + Splatoon 2 next week as well as a bunch of games I bought last week I'd have spent a good 200 britbongs on video games
>>
>>383964957
If you're fine with the joycon pad then its probably not worth it.
>>
>>383953568
no.
>>
>>383965148
I honestly don't think it is right now. Each controller scheme has some kind of fucked issue.
>>
>>383964969
Do people really keep 3DSs and Vitas in their pocket? I can't see how that's possible without having a huge as fuck bulge coming out your pants
>>
>>383965163
Oh I thought we were talking about the pro controller
>>
>>383953568
>Platform with no games on it
>Nintendo did pretty good job
They failed miserably.
>>
>>383965148
Yeah, it's not too intense and as long as your opponent doesn't spam grab it feels smooth and engaging.
>>
>>383965263
I am. The pro controller has a dpad issue. I'm saying if you like using the joycon controller then its probably not worth getting a pro controller.
>>
File: IMG_2432.png (3MB, 1366x1129px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2432.png
3MB, 1366x1129px
>>383953568
They are doing a good job.
>>
>>383965270
>no games

huh almost like every single platform at launch. The switch actually has one of the best first year lineups I've ever seen since the PS2
>>
>>383965341
I'm saying I have a pro controller and pressing left and right on the dpad isn't triggering diagonals, unless I misunderstood
>>
>>383965253
I'm pretty big, so they fit perfectly in my pockets. Not even cargo shit or ugly baggy crap like that.
>>
File: sonybrosbtfo.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
sonybrosbtfo.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
First images of Final Fantasy 12 Zodiac Age on Switch Hardware, get excite
>>
>>383965426
It's probably not noticeable.
>>
>>383965467
>tfw own a PS4 and a Switch

Truly the god tier setup
>>
File: 1463811916280.jpg (174KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1463811916280.jpg
174KB, 640x640px
>>383953568
What gaems tho?
>hard mode
I already beat BotW on my PiiU.
>>
>>383965591
Fast RMX
Mario Kart 8 DX Battle mode is worth rebuying it alone
Splatoon 2 next week
>>
>>383965487
Ah I see it kind of rolls if you do it rapidly
>>
>>383965751
Yeah, It's cause by the inner rubber pad and fixed by removing the middle part.
>>
>>383957352

>I'm thinking about selling it because there is nothing else

Are you low on money or something? It's Nintendo, you should know what is going to come. You're going to get Mario, SSB, Yoshi, Kirby, Metroid (at least, now we know this), Pokémon, Fire Emblem, SMT, Splatoon, Pikmin, Animal Crossing, likely a new Mario Kart at some point in a couple years, list honestly goes on. Just think of Nintendo IP, that's what you're getting.

I just can't tell if people are trolling when they say they're going to sell the Switch because they beat Zelda. How could you not know what you're buying? We are so early into the lifespan and it is looking like a success, so you're going to get most of Nintendo's active IP, and who knows about later. They usually give out devkits kind of late to 3rd parties because they want to control their launch lineup, so we might see a 3rd party boom in a year. Especially with the Japanese companies they are familiar with on the DS line.
>>
>>383965683
Shovel knight, snipperclips, and GoNNER are really good too. Nintendo helps yacht club studios out so everything is released first on Nintendo hardware.
>>
>>383965838
>It's Nintendo, you should know what is going to come

Years of game droughts and halfassed sequels if the wii and wii-u were anything to go by
>>
Here's a link for released and upcoming games. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_Switch_games
>>
>>383963704
Sonybro taking dick #4theplayers
>>
>>383964840
Yeh, but it has no real use in games. And it's kinda pointless since the joy-con also has a gyroscope that emulates a Wiimote relatively perfect
>>
>>383962921
Was the Wifi issue fixed yet? I heard people were having issues with wifi disconnecting and the signal being low even when the unit is close to the router. I'm planning to buy one but the wifi issue is gonna be a thing since I wanna play MHXX online with it.
>>
>>383966342
My router is the other side of my house and I have no connection issues.
>>
>>383966115
k
>>
>>383966342
If your router is close get an ethernet adapter.
>>
>>383965683
>Mario Kart 8 DX Battle mode is worth rebuying it alone

Battle mode is shit. Modes are random and a lot of them are just not fun.
>>
>>383966162
>Untitled No More Heroes game

Just tell us what it is Suda you hack
>>
File: switch-procon.jpg (13KB, 540x553px) Image search: [Google]
switch-procon.jpg
13KB, 540x553px
>>383953568
Meme aside, I want a kind of this.
>>
>>383966461
The router is outside my room so there's gonna be a wall between the two.
>>
>>383966819
jesus christ I hope that never happens
>>
>>383966828
Oh. You should be fine with wifi then.
>>
>>383966342
I got a Switch a few weeks ago and it couldn't connect to my Wifi despite all my other devices having no issue. I did an update though and it fixed it so I'm guessing it's fixed
>>
>>383966819

That is an unholy abomination.
>>
>pokken dx
>xenoverse 2

Same day release, which do I buy /v/. I loved Xenoverse 1 and I heard 2 is more of the same also local split joycon multiplayer looks hype but then again so does Pokken DX
>>
>>383953568
Not until they make a non-portable version with a lower pricetag.
>>
>>383967147
Im getting pokken for sure.
>>
>>383966915
>>383967096
Misguided at it may be, it has something right: the Switch fucking NEEDS a left handle with a proper dpad. I mean the thing allows for a lot of diversity, why not produce different handles outside of colours. They could reposition dpad and analogue positioning, for example...
>>
>>383954683
>don't look comfortable or useful
>don't look
>look
Nigger, are you serious?
>>
>>383967306
I've literally never had a problem with the dpad. And I've put about 30 hours into Shovel Knight so far
>>
Will Dark Souls, Nier: Automata, or Persona 5 ever come to the Switch?
>>
>>383967387
They're all primitive enough graphically to be ported
It depends whether or not 3rd parties give a shit, which probably depends on how well 3rd party games sell
>>
File: EI1Pi1cuDEoychgI.jpg (24KB, 599x337px) Image search: [Google]
EI1Pi1cuDEoychgI.jpg
24KB, 599x337px
>>383967387
yes
>>
>>383953568
They did a great job. Sure, if you spend all your downtime in your house, it's not hard to see why it would be preferable to play on a PC or a traditional console. But I'm an adult with paying job that makes me travel, and I can't bring my PC or PS4 through an airport. If I'm stuck in Philly for a week, I could play games on my laptop, sure, but at that point I'm already making concessions compared to my PC. I could bring my 3DS, sure, but then I'm stuck playing strictly handheld titles. Alternatively, I can bring my Switch, and make zero concessions relative to being at home.

Simply on that basis alone, they win as far as I am concerned, because that's something I'm willing to pay a lot of money for and it's something no one else is selling.
>>
File: 1500089449718.jpg (24KB, 540x553px) Image search: [Google]
1500089449718.jpg
24KB, 540x553px
>>383967096
>>383966915
I want to play Splatoon and Armored Core
well and want switch pro-con more cheap
>>
>>383967387
Dark Souls yes, very probably; Nier: Automata doubt it can run; Persona is a PS only series.
>>
>>383967306
I personally don't have an issue with the d-pad, but I am excited at the idea of more diversity in joycons and would be glad to see them pop up
>>
What are you hoping to see at TGS
>>
>>383960925

Why did you buy a console if you dont like its games? Nintendo is an open book in regards to knowing what games you are going to get from them unless you are a retard, underage or a shitposter.

which one is it?
>>
>>383967840
No More Heroes 3
SMT 5
>>
>>383965683
>>383965591

>Arms
>Xeno
>Mario
>Fire Emblem
>Pokemon
>Smash
>Metroid

And the list goes on. It really only matters if you are willing to wait, but the games are already confirmed. Shitposters need to suck a dick already and admit defeat.
>>
>>383968567
Pikmin aswell nigga
>>
>>383954683
If you have any friends who have the system, ask to try it out. It's fine if you try it and realize you don't like it, but I wouldn't judge the system based off of how it looks or what you've read on 4chan.
>>
>>383954683
>>383968892
This, I thought the joycons looked silly as fuck but since I got a Switch I love them. Using them split and just laying on a bed is the ultimate comfy
>>
>>383968690

No more Heroes
Yoshi
SMT
Splatoon 2
MH
Mario and Rabbits

Are also confirmed.

And

New Animal Crossing
New Zelda
New Fire Emblem

Are also very likely and other games will also come down the line including Virtual Console with at least N64 if not Game Cube games as well.
>>
>>383953568
no games at the moment so no

only e-shop games are a bunch of neogeo games no one asked for
>>
>>383969240
>New Animal Crossing

Wut? If this is true I'm buying a switch right now
>>
>>383969472

There is no other console they can release a new iteration so of course its coming to the Switch, its a vety profitable franchise.

Its only confirmed by logic though
>>
Are any of the eshop games worth a buy? I'm going on vacation next week and I thought I'd bring my switch with me. Don't wanna burn out on zelda though. Wanted to maybe get something cheap that packs a relative length for the price.
>>
>>383969240
New Fire Emblem is actually confirmed for 2018 already.
>>
File: 1499730377057.gif (917KB, 268x300px) Image search: [Google]
1499730377057.gif
917KB, 268x300px
>>383969803

Sweet
>>
>>383969758
Shovel night is 25, but has three decently long campaigns with new game plus modes, challenge modes, and free updates with new campaigns. GoNNER is a procedurally generated shooter platformer for 10, and it's pretty good. Mr shifty is like hotline Miami but kind of lame. It's fun, it's just not nearly as cool.
>>
>>383969962
Shifty is 15, but I'd only recommend the first two.
>>
File: IMG_20170714_2108020.jpg (4MB, 4896x3672px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170714_2108020.jpg
4MB, 4896x3672px
>>383963659
My dock has the issue. Those little pillars inside are stupidly sharp, no idea how it passed QA. Thank god I had a screen protector.
>>
>>383965541
>not owning a switch, ps4, xbone, and pc so you can give full opinions on each without being called a brainless shill
>>
>>383969938
Shiiiieeeet that reminds me I need to download the Splatoon splatfest. It'll be my first time playing a Splatoon game, hopefully I like it and can buy it next week
>>
>>383970209
I actually do, I just don't enjoy them
>>
It caused blunderbarneyfag to post this 400 times.

https://boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/JuyuBs20_R7a-yUvr6WzxQ/

Not to mention say this 700 times
https://boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/shitch/
>>
>>383970307
fair enough i just got a ps4 and am already enjoying it more than my dust encrusted xbone. nearly shit myself when i saw star ocean 3 was on the store
>>
>>383970214
If you want to play the demo again you have to delete your save data, which you can do in settings.
>>
>>383969758

Shephy its a fun game for five bucks but you really have to like solitary board games to enjoy it. Dont expect much but i do recommend it.
>>
>>383970410
If /v/ wasn't mostly underage and had jobs to buy all the systems they want, the consolewar shitposting would be practically nonexistent and we could have more honest discussions about games
>>
>>383970410
Yeah all I used my Xbox one for was rare collection and forza horizon 3

>tfw already own more exclusives for my Switch in 4 months than I do on my Xbox One I've owned for 3 years
>>
>>383970468
Does the game settings save to turning motion controls off if I delete the save data? I hate them and want to try the tutorial out with normal controls
>>
>>383970796
I think you have to have gyro in the tutorial, and that you can't change it. Id recommend playing with separate joycons and using only right for aiming, like a Wiimote and nunchuk.
>>
>>383970796
You should learn to play with gyro if you want to be good
>>
>>383970314
>He will never get a 30 day ban
>Even if he did he would evade it like the autistic leaf that he is

What did we do to deserve another barneyfag?
>>
>>383962921
Even the 360 usually lasted a year before you had to send it in. Not a good sign.
>>
>>383970181
Maybe grab some sand paper to sand it down and make smoother?
>>
>>383970181
Not a bad idea. I was just going to put thin cloth over them
>>
>>383972039
>>383972137
Whoops quoted the wrong post
>>
>>383971397
It really wasn't, the 360 was failing by the thousands in the first few months
>>
>>383953568
I bought a switch last week and it doesn't have any of the issues from launch.

Playing somethinf as big as zelda or having a colleague hope in to play mario kart on my work breaks is pretty cool. The batttery's kinda lack luster but My big anker battery is a life saver
>>
>>383972462
>The batttery's kinda lack luster

Do you own any other handhelds? Because the Switch battery lasts roughly the same as the 3DSXL and the Vita which amazes me considering how much more powerful it is
>>
>>383953568
This thing went from 3/5 to 5/5 when the video stream came out for it. Its the comfiest console ever made
>>
>>383972581
I've had every 3DS and got 5 hours out of them from memory. Not on max brightness but you could turn it down and get that much

Turning down the brightness has very little effect on the Switch. If you turn it down to the minimum you'll push a little over 3 hours on BotW, but even at max brightness you're only losing less than half an hour. Only shitty games I have no interest in playing will get you higher than 3 hours
>>
>>383972752
I can easily get 5-6 hours of Mario Kart. BotW seems to be the exception not the rule just to how intensive it is
>>
>>383972845
Forgot to mention Monster Hunter 4 also gets comparable battery life to BotW, about 3 to 4 hours
>>
>>383972845
I've never tried MK8 portably. I kind of find it hard to believe you got so much
>>
>>383972845
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/04/mario_kart_8_deluxe_will_last_about_three_hours_on_the_switchs_handheld_mode
>GameRant recently conducted a test of the game on a fully charged battery with the screen brightness sitting at about 30%. The Switch unit managed to stick it out for three hours, nine minutes, and twenty seconds before biting the dust, roughly the same amount of time that it takes The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild to drain a battery.
>>
>>383953568
I tend to generally like Nintendo systems, so I'm happy they've found success with the Switch. Objectively, I still fear for its success. The system isn't able to come remotely close to keeping up with the competition as far as specs go, which means it'll probably still be dead in the water when it comes to multiplats. The system is still new, so BotW and the upcoming Mario Odyssey are basically enough to keep interest up, but the second Zelda becomes yesterday's news, I'm concerned everyone will stop giving a shit about the Switch outside the usual Nintendo demographic
>>
>>383973435
Eh I definitely get more than that. Maybe not 6 hours but definitely over 4
>>
File: this is a nintendo fan.png (1MB, 2099x2443px) Image search: [Google]
this is a nintendo fan.png
1MB, 2099x2443px
>>383953568
>underpowered tablet
>nothing but shitty indie ports
>wii u ports
>no big 3rd party game support
>getting outsold worldwide by a 4 year old console

>thinks nintendo did a good job
It never ceases to surprise me how deluded you Nintendo fanboys are. The sad part is that Nintendo will never do better because you morons eat up everything they shit out as long as it's Nintendo branded.
Thread posts: 215
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.