[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>get to the first real mission >find the note behind the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 178
Thread images: 26

File: puKqjvY[1].jpg (82KB, 1171x733px) Image search: [Google]
puKqjvY[1].jpg
82KB, 1171x733px
>get to the first real mission
>find the note behind the picture with intuition because how else
>ask the wife about it
>says it's from his latest business trip to Seattle
>doesn't change her facial patterns about it at all
>have no reason to believe she's lying
>pick truth
>dooo dooo dwooooo dweeeee
>wrong
>alt f4
>>
Game a shit just a glorified test of facial capture technology
>>
>>383948249
People forget that picking the lie/safe option, while most of the time makes characters look pissed, it also makes the suspect let their guard down and can change their facial expression to a nervous one, leading to a doubt if there's no evidence
>>
>>383948668
If you pick lie and it's wrong for the question you get less info
>>
>>383948249

>pick piece of evidence that clearly proves your point
>your character makes a retarded illogical assumption and then just backs down from the point like a cuck
>can't ask a question twice

also spoiler, i guess

>first like, ten cases
>"did you murder your wive?"
>"prove it"
>[piece of planted evidence]
>"THAT FUCKING CUNT DESERVED IT, SHE DESERVED EVERYTHING I DID TO HER I HOPE SHES GETTING RAILED BY SATAN IN HELL RIGHT NOW"
>turns out every one of those guys was innocent

i really just hate how every singe character lies to the police, obstructs justice, and says "prove i did this" in such a self incriminating way only to actually be innocent. i get there's only so many ways to say "provide evidence" but I'd prefer if more characters actually just denied and didn't get a chip on their shoulder
>>
>>383948897
Yeah, that spoilered part was such a shitty twist, it makes no sense at all and makes all cases related to it look stupid. Really hated it.
>>
>>383948350
It was good tech but Like all bad AAA games, shit playtesters ruined things. They probably have genuine good acting for the lying reactions but the idiots kept missing it and they had to tell the actors to do it harder.
>>
>>383948897
>turns out every one of those guys was innocent
this is when I dropped the game
i saw it from a mile away that all those guys were innocent and the fact that I can't even acknowledge it until plot demands is bullshit
you don't make a detective game only to shit on conclusion that the player has made
>>
>Blood soaked car. Suspected murder.
>Find a receipt for a live pig right there in the car trunk.
>It's already painfully obvious the blood isn't human.
>Zero options to bring it up because you apparently play a moron.

If you want the story to last, don't put clues like that in the first scene. I could have found it later on at his house or something and put it together when it mattered.
>>
>>383949909
God that was so bad yeah. One of the good clues is the glasses. You find a broken pair of glasses, okay, makes sense. When you ask his wife if he left with his glasses on she says he did, he just got a new pair, she was always telling him to throw out his old ones. That at least takes some thought
>>
>>383948850
Nono, you pick lie, but when you go to the evidence screen you get to go back. It's sometimes good because Phelps or the wit will specifically state how you need to show evidence to contradict them if the witnesses line isn't too clear.
>>
>>383951538
I'm not sure what the benefit is here though. Not trying to say you're wrong, just trying to understand. Does it actually throw them off? Because I swear this girl said the truth five times in a row and I got those all right, and then on the sixth one she was like a rock but it was a lie
>>
>>383952163
its just a way of checking to make sure you don't think they're lying. If you can't find evidence to prove it, doubt always works.
>>
>person says something wrong
>hit lie
>person then says something different and i have no evidence to disprove new statement

Anyone else have this problem occasionally?
>>
Why did Phelps take the captains shit over him and Elsa

If I was Phelps I would use the little cover up over the werewolf killer we were forced to do

And why didn't Rusty or Bekcowsky help him out?
>>
>>383953204
Fuck that plot point

Cole Phelps ace detective suddenly acts dumb when he gets with Roy. Who APPARENTLY asked for Phelps to clean Vices up. Yet the only crooked guy in Vice was Roy and he did crooked shit right Infront of Phelps

Hell even before Bice Roy did shit and Cole was right there
>>
>>383953204
I always thought Rusty hated Phelps
>>
>>383948249
Sequel when?
>>
>>383953204

I always wanted a section where Rusty and Bekowsky go prove Phelps was being covered up but I always imagine it like this

>I always knew Phelps had it in him
>No...not Phelps he was the best of us
>>
We're still cops.
>>
>>383953879

Sequel set in 1980s Miami
>>
>>383953606

Rusty was the only person on the force who didnt say shit to Phelps since he knew what Phelps was going though he was the one who called Phelps about elsa being kidnapped
>>
>>383954042
That'd be cool. I just want a sequel because I really enjoyed the game and they could make a sequel better, I think.
>>
>>383953437
Earle wanted Cole because Phelps was a good case man. Earle was lazy and had spent so much time with criminals, mobsters and crooked cops/politicians he forgot how to do actual police work. He was probably hoping Phelps would become a typical Vice cop once he saw all the money and influence that could at his disposal.
>>
>>383948249

>because how else?

How about picking up and inspecting the three items in the room you could actually interact with, retard?
>>
So I don't really care if the whole shit plot is spoiled for me. I hear it tanks at the homicide desk which is the last one right? Is Cole really a murderer or something stupid?
>>
I hope they look into this capture tech again. It was weirdly real and stuff like VR is going to require more believable animation. Though the animations in Injustice 2 are pretty steller already.
>>
>>383956183
It's done by a serial killer bartender. All of the women frequented bars. He also planted evidence so all the people looked guilty. However, upon discovering it, you feel worse than triumphant, because all your work was pointless.
>>
>>383954042

>Not New York.
>>
>>383956535
30s Chicago
70s New York
80s Miami
>>
>>383956647

>90's Dallas Texas.
>Play as a Texas ranger

fund it
>>
>>383956437
And it was made even more pointless since the killer, while killed, was the brother or something to a high-office politician, so it was double pointless.
>>
>>383956183
>>383956437

The evidence stacked agasint the guys worked to well and most lied for no reason or ran

Your forced to cover up the case since the murderer was connected to someone powerful. Vice sucks ass since you get a shit partner who uses you as a scape goat In the final 30 minutes of the game you play as a guy Phelps knew in the war who also was a investigator for some reason
>>
>>383956946
>00s Dusty Mason
>you try yo catch interdimesional satanic pedohpiles
>>
>>383957734
So Vice is the last desk?
>>
>>383957824

Arsons the last desk but thats so short it doesnt even matter
>>
>>383957943
So, traffic, homicide, vice, arson? Gay. Is traffic at least long/good?
>>
>>383957982

Taffic is the first level. Nothing happens. Homicide is where it's at.
>>
>>383958137
I thought people said Homicide was the worst.
>>
>>383958295
when its revealed all your cases were jokes its when it sucks
>>
>>383957734
To be fair, he worked at an insurance company, so some investigating would be beneficial.
>>
>>383958464
Depends how butthurt you are about getting duped
>>
>>383955783
Earle wanted Cole in Vice so he could be influenced enough not to investigate the Suburban Redevelopment fund conspiracy, since Roy and the chief of police were corrupted and involved with it. Once Cole was getting too deep and just about to uncover the development fund, Roy and the chief used the adultery card to their advantage and got him demoted.
>>
>>383957982
Traffic desk has the most vignette style one-off cases that wrap up neatly at the end. Homicide is entirely dedicated to finding a serial killer murdering women. Vice and arson cases are generally about advancing the plot of the game itself
>>
>>383958729
I thought Phelps only became aware of the conspiracy after he started working for Vice
>>
>>383958729
If that were true they probably wouldn't have sent him to the Arson desk considering, you know, their whole plot revolves around arson and everything.
>>
You guys gotta remember this shit was released on consoles. In an age where if you can't beat a game you are doing something wrong, according to the majority.
>>
File: 20170714231044_1.jpg (148KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170714231044_1.jpg
148KB, 1920x1080px
So... he's evil, right?
>>
>>383959596
I think they only demoted him to the Arson desk because he already did everything else.
>>
>>383948668
>>383948850
>>383951538
>>383952163
>>383952357
If you pick Lie, you can always back out of it with no penalty if you don't pick evidence to present. Of course, I didn't realize that until Vice so hooray.
>>
>>383960397
Burglary

And who cares if he's already done something? I mean video-game wise it would be lame to be demoted back to doing traffic cases again but in real world logic there's no reason why they couldn't.
>>
>>383960306
He abuses his medical credentials to sell addictive drugs to vulnerable mentally ill people. You tell me.
>>
>>383960550
Arson is where careers go to die. That's what your partner told you when you got there. They likely expected him to go out to some scenes, take a few notes and wrap it up like most of the cops down there.
>>
>>383960661
And made one of his PTSD patients relive the same moment of when he got PTSD in the fist place, albeit unintentionally.
>>
>>383958713
>Like it wasnt fucking clear in the first case
We find out a box of blood and the crime weapon just not even hidden in the room of a black /hispanic guy.
Then the second case is immediately the same MO.
Its was obvious your suspects were getting framed.

I disliked the game. The driving was bad, the shooting was generic, most cars looked the same, phelps is one of the most dislikable characters i ever had the displeasure to play as and his character arc was stupid and unsatisfactory.

The interviews and most cases characters were far more interesting
>>
OP here

Decided to try again, figured it was doubt. Apparently it's lie. I am assuming it's lie because I have evidence on the picture, but that implies the wife knows and is lying about it, which makes no fucking sense.
>>
L.A. Noire 2 WHEN
all it needs is some actual gameplay and an ending that doesn't fuck you in the ass
>>
>>383961285
Like Jade Empire, we'll never get an LA Noire 2 that vastly improves on the first.
>>
>>383961285
all it needs is some actual gameplay, characters that aren't completely obnoxious, a plot that isn't pure garbage, a better soundtrack, better graphics, better acting, better voice acting, better controls, a lower price, an ending that doesn't fuck you in the ass, more qa, less bugs, and a good game
>>
>>383948897
That's what they get for talking to cops without a lawyer any way.
>>
>>383961152

Not every Homicide case was the same MO
>>
>>383961225
The naming convention is all fucked up
Truth is when its truth
Doubt is for when you think the suspect is hiding anything, but you dont have hard evidence.
Lie is for when you think the suspect is hiding anything, and you have hard evidence.

The nature of what the suspect is hiding (a major lie os a small omited detail) dont actually matter. Just if you have evidence or not.
>>
>>383953204
Career suicide. Bekowsky was only moving up in the world at that moment and Rusty only found the courage to shake the boat when you were leading him at the end of homicide. But it's 100% positive that neither would ever hate Cole for what he did. Rusty came to like him and Bekcowsky never seemed to hate him.

Fuck Roy, though. Roy is the worst.
>>
>>383961615
Yeah I'm starting to get that, thanks for putting it in writing though
>>
File: 20170714233111_1.jpg (320KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170714233111_1.jpg
320KB, 1920x1080px
>mfw hard puzzles in video games
>>
>>383961615
>>383961913
it would make more sense as "truth, suspect, refute" desu
>>
>>383961662

Rusty had some of his greatest cases with Phelps and Bekowsky was finally getting promoted since apparently he was a slacker. Also Rusty called Phelps personally after the affair about Elsa being missing and unlike the other asshole cops Rusty didnt rub it in to Phelps which is actually out of character for him
>>
Reminder that Beard Bros' playthrough is LP kino, even though Alex never got any better at driving
>>
>>383961968
At one point in development "doubt" was called "force."
>>
>>383962182
press might have been the best option
believe, press, refute
>>
>>383961615
If I remember correctly, doubt was originally "coax", and was used for getting suspects to let their guard down. If that's true it sounds much more intuitive. It would also make the shit fits you throw after hitting doubt a lot more understandable.
>>
The notebook was god tier and more games need to incorporate some sort of mechanic like that desu, detective game or no
>>
>>383961225
Her husband is cheating on her and she doesn't want to acknowledge it you dummy.
>>
>>383962046
He's been divorced a shit ton, I think he knows how Cole feels after getting caught.
>>
File: 1418035715569.jpg (125KB, 700x711px) Image search: [Google]
1418035715569.jpg
125KB, 700x711px
I don't understand why Phelps took any shit from Kelso or any other of his subordinates.

>stuck on top of sugarloaf hill, in the middle of the shit
>shits fucked, Cole can obviously see that
>gets shellshocked and stays on the hill all night
>Kelso comes strolling up in the morning talkin shit to Cole as he's sitting in a fucking crater covered in ash and shit, next to the bits and pieces of his marines
>Kelso gets all booty bothered when Cole wins a medal

I fucking hated how he just let people below him give him shit like that. Especially after Kelso sperged out after he couldn't hack it at OCS. Also that retarded crazy medic running around the battlefield wasting morphine on dying men and risking being killed and leaving his company without a medic.
>>
File: 20170714234237_1.jpg (170KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170714234237_1.jpg
170KB, 1920x1080px
This guy seems honest
>>
>>383962598
Yes but why would she know about a note behind the picture?
>>
>>383962046

Rustys a pretty good character
>>
I still don't understand why Cole cheated on his 7/10 wife with some ugly 4/10 german whore.
>>
>>383963018

Phelps felt disconnected at home with his wife due to the war fucking him up
>>
File: Rusty_Galloway.png (302KB, 639x612px) Image search: [Google]
Rusty_Galloway.png
302KB, 639x612px
>>383962892
She was sniffing around where she shouldn't have, it's what broads do.
>>
>>383962818
Because he knew he deserved it. The qualities that made Phelps an excellent detective made him a lousy infantry officer and he was perfectly aware of that.
>>
>>383962839
Post your favourite lie faces.
>>
>>383962291
>It would also make the shit fits you throw after hitting doubt a lot more understandable.

>That raped and nearly murdered underage girl in the car accident is too afraid to tell the truth
>LISTEN HERE YOU SLUT, YOU BETTER START TALKING OR YOU GOING TO THE JAIL, BITCH
Phelps was a complete autist.

Also, im not familiar with 40's police work, but i have my doubts if getting around a friend, neighbor or parent of a murdered person and opening dialogue with "We are investigating the murder of XXXXXX, what can you tell me about it" while the person starts crashing down used to be standard protocol. Phelps do it at least a dozen times
>>
>Get to Vice
>oh cool we get to do cases about drugs in the 50s
>DUDE MORPHINE
>oh and here is one case about weed seeya its DLC too
>>
>>383963147

What qualities were that?
>>
>>383963189

Phelps learns his lesson about that by the time he hits Vice
>>
>>383963213

Being highly intelligent and educated
>>
How do you unlock new suits? Not really a fan of any of the 4 I have right now
>>
>>383963764
You drive yourself during missions and do sidecrimes that pop up. You get more intuition too.
>>
>>383963849
Gay
>>
>>383963903
Well you enjoy your fucking suit then you whiny whore of the orient.
>>
>>383963018
Cole and Elsa were both flawed and each had a dark past. She was a druggie and he was a glory seeking whore with war trauma, which helped them connect better. His relationship with his wife was obviously not enough and his nature to have it all ended up biting him in the ass in the end.
>>
>>383963213
He's extremely procedure-focused and thorough to a fault. That's good for working on cases where you have limited leads, but in combat it makes you inflexible and unable to respond to rapidly-evolving situations. Like when he's clearing the town and his platoon starts falling behind because the infantry handbook says all houses must be cleared before proceeding. It's also why he ends up burning all those civilians in the cave. Or the scene on the bridge where he refuses to fall back in the face of overwhelming fire because his orders are to stay.

He also has the ability to understand the perspective of people with wildly different viewpoints. That's good for trying to figure out the motivation of criminals and killers but irrelevant on the battlefield. His ability to understand the Japanese mentality gave him no tactical advantage and gave him the reputation of being a Jap lover to his men.
>>
File: 20170715000151_1.jpg (304KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170715000151_1.jpg
304KB, 1920x1080px
>I saw three god damn mexicans going at it
>no way to tell if this is truth or lie
>doubt
>wrong

I am beginning to hate this game
>>
>>383964343
>it's truth

Fuck it I am out
>>
>>383960550
>Burglary
He did that too, OFF SCREEN. Your first cutscene on Homicide is the Chief saying HEY PHELPS YOU'RE DOING SO GREAT IN BURGLARY YOU'RE GETTING PROMOTED TO HOMICIDE
I shit you not, go check it.
>>
File: 20170715001011_1.jpg (309KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170715001011_1.jpg
309KB, 1920x1080px
>>383963181
Well I know this one is a classic
>>
>>383958464
>>383958713

The problem is that, by the third case, you are probably aware that you are chasing false leads, and yet the game makes you continue on.

Also, I do like that last Homicide case, where you go all across the city to search for the letters, but the twist of WHO it is sucks. It was such an inconsequential person.
>>
>>383962839
I like your ass
>>
>>383961152
>Phelps is one of the most dislikable characters i ever had the displeasure to play
Really? I liked Phelps. I can't stand the generic snarky cop show protagonist that saturates the market. Cole was a no nonsense, direct but none the less dedicated cop. I liked how certain people who really earned his sympathy clearly got to Cole, and he softened up on them within the limits of the law. And on the other hand, I liked when Cole would get incredibly mad at certain injustices. He felt like a real character.
>>
>>383956183
The entire Homicide desk is a trainwreck.
You know from basically Case 1 if you're versed in tropes or Case 2-3 if you give it a chance and to be objective and not jump to conclusions, that the people you're busting are all innocent despite acting like they aren't for the sake of nothing else but video game mechanics.
Never ONCE can you bring this shit up and question the status quo railroading the game gives you.
And then at the end you find out that, DUH, the real serial killer who killed all the women is obviously fucking not any of the people you bagged so far, you finally find him and face him but you can't even catch him alive and kill him in a pointless graveyard shootout.
Then your boss comes out and says your entire fucking job you spent the last week or so working in the Homicide desk ingame with all those cases under your belt solved is pointless, you will not receive any citations or recognition and the case will stay open forever because the serial killer was a distant relative to an ingame US politician and its being swept under the rug to avoid scandal.
The biggest fucking blueball possible.
And really the plot is just horribly written and it shows that the lead writer can't write for shit.
>>
File: scoob.gif (527KB, 499x375px) Image search: [Google]
scoob.gif
527KB, 499x375px
What are some good investigation/interrogation threads? I love LA Noire despite its flaws. The sherlock holmes games are great but I've already played them. AA is neat but it's really more of a VN series than an actual investigation/interrogation game imo
>>
>>383963189
You say that, but at least in Australia that's generally how they go about things. They give you some sympathy for the tragic loss of X and try to ease you into it a little warmer than Cole "Robot" Phelps, but they do generally want to get to the point.
>>
>>383965361
>It was ME Cole, it was ME, Rusty Galloway!
>>
>>383965634
they could've done more to atleast make the real killer something

like make him show up in the news papers or something thats hes some super important guy's brother something

nope just one of the temp bartenders
>>
>>383966560

I actually thought it might end up being your boss. He had this creepy vibe and he was obsessed with killing.
>>
>>383965608
I enjoy Phelps as a character because he's a generally flawed individual. He's a pretty unlikable person, though. I would hate to have to work with someone like him. All his partners ended up developing a begrudging respect for him but Phelps generally makes a terrible first impression.
>>
>>383965608

Same here, I liked how Cole was a genuine good cop who tried to be professional and act with integrity. It was a refreshing charge from all the "anti-hero" characters of other games
>>
>Game has a pretty good story, good dialogue, makes you feel like a detective solving cases, controls are functional
>Lets add in some awful shooting segments and make a huge empty map you never use except to go look at landmarks and steal shitty cars no one cares about

Game was fun but would have been much better if it was as linear as it should have been. Car chases were alright but even then they were pretty unnecessary too.
>>
File: 1500069848952.gif (882KB, 160x99px) Image search: [Google]
1500069848952.gif
882KB, 160x99px
is it weird to like Cole and Roy's relationship
>>
>>383967475
You could always just let your partner drive you everywhere. The game becomes more linear that way.
>>
YOU SAID THE HOUSE WOULD BE EMPTY
>>
>>383967494
I thought it was pretty good. I hate Roy with a holy passion, but I liked what he brought to the table. He and Cole were complete opposites, but they still functioned together perfectly fine. Honestly, when he betrayed you, it actually caught me off guard since while I knew he was a rat bastard, I thought he was my rat bastard.
>>
>>383967590
That's a band aid to a problem that shouldn't have existed in the first place.
>>
>>383967475
They had to appeal to the GTA audience.

>>383967494
Was it a complete lie when Roy called Phelps his friend during the eulogy?
>>
>>383967843
I don't know what to tell you. I'm tired of games that don't need be open world being made into open world games myself.
>>
>>383967864
>Was it a complete lie when Roy called Phelps his friend during the eulogy?
of course

at most Roy respected him

but hell no he probably hates phelps considering what he did if you perfect the case with the boxers, but he knows he needs him
>>
File: 1496516357299.jpg (140KB, 1199x939px) Image search: [Google]
1496516357299.jpg
140KB, 1199x939px
>>
The few times where you encounter a witness who doesn't lie to you at all and is as cooperative as possible were always such a breath of fresh air. It seems like everyone in LA is a fucking cunt who loves to lie to the police even when they are in no trouble at all.

The one that sticks out most to me was a bartender (or maybe he was just a small business owner) who you talk to about some murdered lady, he helps out a lot and then asks you if he could help with her funeral and then tells Phelps to get the guy. He was really nice, why is it that for every guy like him there's 15 cocksuckers who lie to your face for no reason.
>>
>>383953606
Rusty liked Phelps because he got shit done, he hated his go-getter attitude because it forced him to get shit done.

Bekowsky is the best partner, anyway.
>>
>>383968270
welcome to LA
>>
>>383968270
It's a Noire thing. Everyone has something to hide, everyone has it out for everyone else. That's just a thing you have to keep in mind, realistic facial features aside, this isn't a simulator of real life. It's a love letter to old Noire movies.
>>
>>383968497
I think the biggest shame in the whole game is that you don't get to sit on the burglary desk, because the guy in burglary was a fucking bro.
>>
>>383964987
This.
Also weren't two desks cut from the game due to time constraints?
One being Burglary, the other being something else? You can still go visit those desks in-game and even see where Cole was supposed to sit when he had his boardroom cutscenes, because the chairs are pulled out where him + his partner would sit.
>>
>>383953879
Never, the studio that did all the mocap shut down as a direct result of this game costing so much money.
>>
>>383968831
The other one was Fraud.
>>
Wow, you lost the first mission? OP, I've lost faith in you.
>>
>>383969095
wouldnt a lot of work on that would just be staring at sheets of paper until you exploded?
>>
>>383960306
If the way he talks isn't tipping you off then I don't know what will.
>>
>>383969178
A lot of traffic should have been routine tedium. You'd get all the cool fraud cases and miss out on all that intense "press A to stave off alcoholism" button prompting.
>>
File: 1500064256759.jpg (38KB, 945x835px) Image search: [Google]
1500064256759.jpg
38KB, 945x835px
>>383948897
>I'm charging you with the murder of your wife!
Normal person
>I didn't do it, I'm innocent!
LA Noire
>YOU DON'T HAVE ANY EVIDENCE THAT PROVES I DID IT, FAGGOT
>>
>>383969301
I kinda hoped the name, the way he talks, and the music was just a red herring

Owell lol
>>
Heres another problem with Homicide desk that makes you question the end for it

>LAPD we like to ask a few questions
>FUCK YOU COPPERS IM RUNNIN

If you were innocent you wouldnt have ran would you?
>>
File: 1394294966155.gif (676KB, 175x200px) Image search: [Google]
1394294966155.gif
676KB, 175x200px
>>383969338
>sweating intensifies as Cole opens his notebook
>>
>>383968687
He's the same guy who voiced Garrus.
>>
>>383969432
They WEREN'T innocent, that's the thing people keep forgetting. What they were was not guilty of killing the murder victim. But they had no idea why you were there until you started chasing them.
>>
>>383969432
yeah people werent smart/norie made them had something to hide
>>
>>383969338
The fourties was a different time I guess? I mean really, this game couldn't exist in the modern era.

>book any non minority
>I'd like to ask you a few questions
>Not without my lawyer
>end scene
>>
>>383953879
Never. They got shut down because the game was being made by almost literal slave labor. Shit tons of laws were broken, workplace environment was a sweatshop.
>>
>>383963181
My favorite truth face will always be that one guy who got caught kissing a dead body and stared off into the sky with his hands on his waist like he was Superman.

Played that part of the game years ago but still remember that fucking face.
>>
>>383969432

You busted mostly degenerates,nobodies, and hobos so no one would question it
>>
>>383969698
Wasn't it made in Australia? I'm surprised to hear that. Well, I suppose it makes sense that it got shut down, but still.
>>
>>383969432
To be fair a lot of those people grew up or heard stories about a time when the LAPD would just gun down suspects in broad daylight. The LAPD of the 1940s was downright clean compared to the department a few decades earlier.
>>
>>383965608
I would love to have Cole work for me. I would hate to work with him or under him.
>>
>>383968270
Probably because most of the people you interact with are criminals, so they want to lie to the police?
The only cooperative people are usually those who are completely innocent.
>>
>>383968270
holy shit, I thought of the same guy too as I read your first sentence
>>
>Next GTAV MP update lets you be a cop
>It's a simplified version of LA Noire
They'd never do it but it'd be amazing.
>>
>>383970697
Most people are just Joe Schmos who have barely done fuck all yet still lie to Cole in like half the questions he asks him.

>>383970790
It's because he was awesome and one of the maybe 6 or so people in the game who does his best to help you.
>>
>>383970989
The thing is nearly everyone you talk to isn't a Joe Schmo. I said it up somewhere in the thread but this is a love letter to those old movies. And in those old movies, everyone has something to hide. Nearly everyone you talk to has their secrets they don't want Cole knowing, they all have this web of bullshit they've spread. It's not always related to the case at hand, but they still don't want Cole digging it out of them.
>>
>>383971106
I guess that makes sense but it is a bit silly.
It's just like "Lady I don't give a shit if you're cheating on your husband I just want to find out who murdered this guy, now please tell me what color his car is," every case feels like you have to wade through that shit.

Though I guess if that wasn't there like 25% of the games puzzle solving would be taken away.
>>
>>383969432
Dumbest one was the father.

>Get questioned about your wife's murder in front of your daughter minutes after you come home.

>IMMEDIATELY, DON'T EVEN WAIT FOR THE COP'S CAR TO LEAVE, GO OUTSIDE AND TRY TO BURN A BLOODY SHOE IN A BARREL
>Don't clean the rabbit's blood off or anything, just put the whole thing in the barrel as it is

I can understand some of them are stupid, but what the flying fuck was with that one.

That's full retard that I'm not even sure an actual retard could achieve.
>>
>>383971720
I can't remember the exact details but an actual cop friend of my fathers once told me the story of a guy whose wife killed herself. He was so afraid he'd be blamed because he worked at like a fishery or a butchers shop or something that he tried to ditch his bloody clothes out of sheer panic and even ran away from the cops when they came to check up on him. This is despite the fact that he had done nothing wrong and nobody was blaming him. People really are stupid.
>>
>>383972064
I can understand maybe trying to dispose of things that make you guilty if you are genuinely believing that no one would believe you given the circumstances.
But not right outside your home, and certainly not while the cops are across the street talking to your neighbor.
>>
>>383952894
yes
>>
I fucking hate the lack of cop themed games in modern vidya. That was the best part of 80s movies
>>
>>383965558
youre lying morgan
>>
File: Brandon_Keener.jpg (44KB, 719x484px) Image search: [Google]
Brandon_Keener.jpg
44KB, 719x484px
>>383968687
>>383969528
The facial recognition is truly what saved this game
>>
File: image.jpg (145KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
145KB, 640x360px
> ok phelps, here's the husband lets book him and go tie one off at the bar...please hang out with me Cole I'm lonely.
>>
File: image.jpg (25KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25KB, 480x360px
>>383972968
> Cole I'm sorry I threw up on the widow...just run me the fuck over I'm human garbage.
>>
>>383972968
I'd hang out with Rusty
>>
>>383973379
When does that happen, I don't remember Rusty passing out against the car
>>
>>383974370
Every sunday for Rusty.
>>
>>383972968
I would totally buy that. I always like how happy Rusty is towards the end of Homicide, he's so fucking hype to solve the murders. Then you ditch him for fucking Roy.

>>383975292
>Every day for Rusty.
ftfy
>>
File: Lanoirhawkshaw.jpg (21KB, 296x547px) Image search: [Google]
Lanoirhawkshaw.jpg
21KB, 296x547px
What's the best outfit and why is it the Hawkshaw?
>>
File: tumblr_lnit21sFvV1qlu7a7o1_500.jpg (69KB, 500x429px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lnit21sFvV1qlu7a7o1_500.jpg
69KB, 500x429px
>>
File: tumblr_locsthFC9l1qlu7a7o1_1280.jpg (117KB, 440x1035px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_locsthFC9l1qlu7a7o1_1280.jpg
117KB, 440x1035px
>>383977092
Why is there so much LA Noire yaoi?
>>
File: tumblr_lpsg78b7DD1qlu7a7o1_1280.jpg (65KB, 730x553px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lpsg78b7DD1qlu7a7o1_1280.jpg
65KB, 730x553px
>>383977490
And why Bekowsky?
>>
>>383977658
Because he's your nicest partner and arguably Cole's only real friend.
>>
File: tumblr_louxqsejRe1qlu7a7o1_1280.png (347KB, 775x670px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_louxqsejRe1qlu7a7o1_1280.png
347KB, 775x670px
>>383977856
If they hadn't cut Burglary, Garrus (forget his actual name since he's not in the game much) would've been the best partner with how friendly Cole is with him in the game.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
> Jesus Christ Rusty, the victims daughter is sitting right there
>>
File: image.jpg (92KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92KB, 640x360px
> look you piece of shit. I have two tickets to the Angels game tonight. Phelps is MIA and I'LL be DAMNED if I'm going to alone! I can take you if you want. Help you get over your murdered wife and all.
>>
File: image.jpg (302KB, 1676x938px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
302KB, 1676x938px
> Come on rusty. Stop throwing tomatoes at my stacked cans. This isn't a carnival game you drunk piece of shit.
>>
that werewolf shit creeped me out. the final events leading up to the confrontation and the confrontation itself
>>
>>383969432
A lot of them diddu sumfin, just not murder. Like the fruit store guy who was illegally selling liquor. The killer framed people he knew were guilty of other things.
>>
File: 1500073435662.png (370KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1500073435662.png
370KB, 640x640px
>>383979748
>Boring one on one shootout in some catacombs
>>
>>383948897
Ending was kind of lame too.

Which sucks, because I really fucking want a good noire detective game with good action elements and there's fucking nothing.

Just this.
>>
File: 1499955337675.jpg (96KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1499955337675.jpg
96KB, 500x500px
LA Noire had so much potential
>All that time and resources wasted on building a gigantic open world where the player wont see 85% of it
>Nothing to even do in the open world either
>Cutting actual content like the burglary desk from the game
>The entire homicide desk blueballing you
>The entire vice desk being MORPHINE MORPHINE MORPHINE MORPHINE
>Beat cop desk is so short and underused, being just a regular cop and stopping crimes like bank robbing is fun
>Arson desk should be renamed the plot advancement desk
>Shooting is shit and unsatisfying
If they were going to make a giant open world they may as well have made LA Noire GTA but in the 40's. Otherwise, cut that shit out and just make the game have jumpcuts between destinations and save a FUCK TON of time and resources. Also the face-cap shit was a meme and wasn't that great, and the technology itself was awful and finicky.
Thread posts: 178
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.