[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which one should I get for the 3DS? I've never played a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

File: games-like-monster-hunter.jpg (30KB, 300x360px) Image search: [Google]
games-like-monster-hunter.jpg
30KB, 300x360px
Which one should I get for the 3DS? I've never played a MH game before. Help me choose between 3U, 4U or Generations pls
>>
>>383947165
play the first one first
>>
>>383947224
I don't have a PS2 nor a PSP. I have a 3DS.
>>
4U if you want the latest in the monster hunter experience, Generations has some cool moves and stuff you can do with styles and hunting arts, but it's only exclusive to that, as mainline games dont have any of those things. 3U is older so not as worth imo.

you're better of getting 4U, get generations if you like it.
>>
>>383947350
But you have a PC, get to it.
>>
>>383947165
4U
Generations is like an anniversary celebration game, so a lot of that will be lost on you
>>
>>383947165
4U for sure. Don't go gen first so you don't get bad habits, like using adept for everything
>>
>>383947350
PCSX2
>>
>>383947472
>Adept
>Not brave
>>
>>383947571
>Generations
>Brave
>>
Start with 4U.

If you get through 4U and want more, get Gen. You can safely skip 3U.

You should know that Gen is different in tone and playstyle from the other mainline games. Its a mashup of a bunch of random ideas thrown in with little to no regard for balance. That said, it can be plenty of fun but you would appreciate it more having some experience with the series first. So start with 4U.
>>
>>383947472
What's wrong with using adeptM
>>
>>383947391
>>383947445
>>383947472
>>383947706

Thank you. I see most people saying 4U, but others recommend Generations for beginners. Is 4U doable in singleplayer or will I get crushed unless I bring friends in? That guy Metal Jesus or whatever his name is was saying Generations was better for beginners because that's where all the players are in now, and apparently it's a helpful community.

I'm still veering towards 4U because it's got a better reception from critics/players.

>>383947436
>>383947494
I totally forgot emulators exist. I'll do that as well.
>>
>>383947165

Just emulate portable 3rd for the PSP.

Playing Monster Hunter on a child's fisher-price tablet will just ruin any potential enjoyment you might have got.
>>
>>383947165
Either 4U or Gen
If you had to play one of the last ten games it should be MHFU
>>
>>383947756
Because Adept makes dodging attacks way, way easier, and it most likely will never return
Which is fine if you only wanna play Generations or Double Cross, but can lead to bad habits in every other game
>>
>>383947756
There's nothing wrong with it, people can use whatever the hell they want. It's just that they might not learn monster patterns and where to stand safely to attack etc if they decide to play any other monster hunter game with no adept it's not gonna go well
>>
>>383947849
Gen is undeniably easier, which is why it would be a good beginner game. That is also why I wouldn't recommend it as your first, you would learn the wrong way to fight and handicap yourself if you go back to a mainline MH.
>>
>>383947849
4U was my first Monster Hunter game and I got all the way to the end of G-Rank without going online once
It's doable on your own
>>
>>383947849
It's doable singleplayer for sure, but keep in mind as a first MH game you will need time to learn stuff like monster animations and the weapons, so it might not be easy at first. Just keep at it
>>
>>383948124
>>383948125
>>383948205
Thanks, guys. I'll keep reading what other posters say but I'm much more confident in getting 4U now.
>>
>>383947165
4U and just pirate XX and install the english patch
just play 3U on the Wii U. There is no point in playing Generations
>>
>just killed Tidal najarala for the first time
Jesus christ, that was pure cancer. Never again. I'll take fighting bullshit like hyper silver los over this thing.
>>
>>383948559
>take najarala and remove the leg weakpoint
such a 10/10 idea
>>
>>383947849
>Is 4U doable in singleplayer or will I get crushed unless I bring friends in?

It is doable solo however if its your first MH game it will take you a very long time to do solo.
You're going to have to find a weapon you like. Then learn all the monsters tells. Also how to craft items.
That being said. Playing with friends is always fun and always an option to rank up your HR.

That guy Metal Jesus or whatever his name is was saying Generations was better for beginners because that's where all the players are in now, and apparently it's a helpful community.

Gen is easier but it's still a decent game to learn. I don't however foresee Artes being in a main line game

>I'm still veering towards 4U because it's got a better reception from critics/players.

I've played every MH game besides Frontier. I can tell you that all the 3DS games are solid. Gen has the Artes that add more fun to the game. 3U and 4U are definitely more traditional versions of MH. 3U does have a swimming mechanic that the other games don't but 4U has a pretty decent story and a lot of content. Gen has a nostalgic factor, artes, and you can play as a palico.

All in all it really comes down to you
>>
>>383949623
Thanks, man. I've decided to go with 4U first and wait until the prices for 3U and Generations falls even more.
>>
>>383948559
>hyper silver rathalos
>silver rathalos
>ANY rathalos
>raths in general
Bud, I get it, it's a shit monster, but let's not start talking crazy. Raths are fucking cancer and should be removed permanently.
>>
>>383947165
FU, 3U, portable 3rd, 4U and generations/XX are the only ones worth playing

however on 3DS start with 3U because it's the easiest or generations because it's the most modern
>>
>>383949762
>wait until the prices for 3U and Generations falls even more.

what if they just stop making them causing all the games to become rare and jacking up the price?
>>
>no love for 3U in this thread
it had underwater combat and good monster variety, shit was awesome
>>
>>383950957
>become rare
yeah sure, just like that brief period of time when Kid Icarus Uprising was apparently rare and expensive but reprints happened so it's back to being like $30
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.