[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Recent games you're disappointed with The Dreamers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

ITT: Recent games you're disappointed with

The Dreamers aren't even fucking bosses?
>>
>>383945657
It had a pretty small budget (44.500$). For an indie game made by 4 people it's quite big.
>>
>>383946172
Its pretty big, I just hate that I'm 12 hours in and I've fought one good boss. My fault for expecting more quality fights like Hornet.
>>
>>383946172
It felt like most of that "bigness" was because of the constant backtracking. I know its supposed to be a metroidvania but it felt like it went overboard with the amount of backtracking you had to do.
>>
>>383946306
Really? I kept being surprised when I thought, "okay, I must be getting close to filling out the map now" only to discover an entirely new area. I thought the amount of content was quite impressive from such a small dev team.
>>
>>383946306
You only have to do so much backtracking if you go for 100%, but I agree. It's an above average amount.
>>
>>383946247
Nearly every game like this has the boss problem. Just ask people how many good bosses Dark Souls has.

Not a lot.
>>
>>383947386
Dark Souls has more than one good boss.
>>
>>383946738
>>383947270
I felt like every time I unlocked a new move or something and could no longer keep exploring the current map, there were like 4-5 places I could backtrack to now to open up a new "area", which sometimes was a new area that allowed me to progress and sometimes was just a grub. It was a little annoying.

Solid game otherwise.
>>
Hollow knight is terribly unenjoyable considering it has all the things in place for it to be enjoyable

It's like dark souls but they take out all the feeling of exploration, combat and ambience and leave you with the boring trial and error, no storyline to really follow, dumb as fuck map where you have to unlock jumps/things to reach areas you found

It's just not fun, the only fun I've had is the combat so far but I never find and good enemies to fight and when I go their AI is so bad, it has to let you hide in corners of the screen because lol 2d

It's not even hard or challenging, just annoying and time consuming for the sake of it

t. Someone who played every soulslike game multiple times
>>
File: 20170715015134_1.jpg (28KB, 366x366px) Image search: [Google]
20170715015134_1.jpg
28KB, 366x366px
I'm not a big fan of platformers, but Hollow Knight got me interested. Recommend me some games of similar quality.
>>
File: valdisstory4.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
valdisstory4.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>383949431
Check out Valdis Story: Abyssal City
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.