[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the cancellation of Silent Hills the greatest loss in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

Is the cancellation of Silent Hills the greatest loss in video game history?
>>
>>383937372
Give it 10-15 years and that demo will be a relic
>>
>Kojima
No, we dodged a bullet if anything.
>>
>>383937665
Fuck off, that demo was better than any horror game in recent memory.
>>
>>383937372
Who here still has PT downloaded on their PS4?
Hard mode: Who still can't finish it because too scared?
>>
>>383937604
P.T is already legendary. In fact, it's so good that it's going to make Death Stranding look like shit
>>
I never cared for Silent Hill and didn't want to play a horror Kojima. Death Stranding looks more up my alley
>>
>>383937372
EA ruining the development of spore and making will wright leave video games forever
>>
>>383938428
Play Silent Hill 2, then you'll care.
>>
>>383937372
Why? Another MGS related shit?
Silent Hills was part of V.
>>
File: PT Bag_&_Cockroaches.jpg (49KB, 620x387px) Image search: [Google]
PT Bag_&_Cockroaches.jpg
49KB, 620x387px
I NEED THE FULL PIANO TRACK

Has anyone found it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a-ZvD1qrGc
>>
>>383938551
Jesus Christ, again with this?
Are you the tranny?
>>
>>383938551
You don't strike me as an intelligent person.
>>
Sony making a PS4 is.
>>
>>383937372
naw that would be prey 2
>>
>>383937372
Pretty painful. Some of the best moments in MGS were the 'horror'/mindscrew bits (corridor full of dead guards killed by Grey Fox, Mantis fight, Arsenal Gear, The Sorrow, the Hospital in TPP, the Devil's House, Shining Lights). And Kojima's recent cinematographic style (long continuos takes, next to no edits, focus on facial expression/animation) would have worked well in horror.
>>
>>383937372
It would have been an abomination. There hasn't been a Silent Hill game since Team Silent disbanded. There never will be a new Silent Hill game. Go ahead and kill yourself for even thinking about buying this garbage.
>>
>>383938632
No.
But SHs was obviously part of V. Kojima and Konami before the break up hinted a lot of things connecting both projects.
SHs was a project when MGS meets SH and I'm so glad they cancelled it.
>>
>>383938929
Well actually SH is not a normal game or franchise it's a "world" and a "thing" so every single videogame character can visit SH in some point to fight their own demons and to be judged.
>>
>>383938861
Seems like you're the one who needs to kill himself. P.T. was the most Silent Hill thing since Silent Hill 2. P.T. actually went back to it's roots and went in a better looking direction.
>>
>>383938861
Does being an edgy contrarian loser make you feel good?
>>
>>383937372
>greatest loss
>in video game history

No, I think that goes to something else OP.
>>
>>383939281
This.
Konami will never let that happen again. They are too busy in other kind of business.
But I think it was a very cool idea MGS meets SH still hurts...
>>
File: 2WDIC9n.png (118KB, 845x316px) Image search: [Google]
2WDIC9n.png
118KB, 845x316px
>>383938929
I remember still when P.T. was presented as a "Tactical Espionage Operations" game and the inverted V.

Fuck Konami. They totally ruined it.
Silents HillS and MGSV together had the potential to become a kind of KH.
Dumb people still think SHs was a conventiuonal SH game but NO the project was the interpretation of Kojima's about SH world mixed with MGSV.
>>
>>383939432
Not an argument.
>>
>>383940332
Kojima ruined Castlevania. So it was better that way.
>>
>>383938559
I'm looking for the track that plays when the Swedish radio broadcast starts
>>
>>383937954
>the recent Kojima shit didn't smell as bad as the other shit
fuck off
>>
you know that jokima never had any intentions of making a Silent Hill game right? he basically made that silent hill teaser as a fuck you message to the fags at Konami.
>>
>>383937372

Yes.

And anyone else saying different need to shut the fuck up
>>
>>383937372
No.

Half-Life 3 >>> Silent Hills
>>
>>383937954
The concept was the one of an indie trash that you can find on steam, only this time it was made by a AAA company.
>>
>>383941453
This, not only was this the rawest of horror games, it had one of the best most subtle plots of 2014 and recent gaming.Sometimes it felt like I was watching a movie or reading an extremely well done novel. The dickheads who call it shit are the speedrunners to stupid and impatient to understand the subtlety of the environment and the clues left behind.

I dont think i'll ever get over the fact that it's cancelled.
>>
>>383937372
Yeah, I'm sure 15 minute monologues that explain the symbolism behind each monster would've been horrifying.
>>
>>383939349
Reading about Silent Hill on the internet doesn't make you an expert on Silent Hill, kiddo.
>>
>>383942346
You need to consume less genre shit if you honestly believe this.
>>
>>383937372

>greatest loss in video game history

not exactly
>>
>>383940423
No shit Sherlock, he asked you a question. It's not like you provided any argument in the first place. Here's another question, can you do anything besides bitch and deflect?
>>
>>383943145
Did Kojima's interactive Saturday morning cartoons help drown out your parents arguments when you were six?
>>
>>383937372

when you make threads like this, it leads me to believe it wasnt the greatest loss.
>>
>>383937372
No, it's an overrated franchise built on boring plots and characters, idiotic puzzle logic, shit-tier graphics, garbage banjo music and endless pointless fan service with that idiotic character with the rusty triangle helmet and cartoonish giant knife.

Nothing of value was lost and the retards who waste their money on Silent Hill games will retain their $60 that they can put towards an anime girl pillow or more crappy anime.
>>
>>383937372
Pretty much, Kojima would've dragged a mediocre series back into the spotlight. It deserves atleast one good game after getting so close only to end up having a stream of total shit games afterwards.
>>
>another first person survival horror where you cant fight back

Nah. Losing Timesplitters 4 and Battlefront 3 simultaneously is easily the worst loss in gaming by a landslide. Nothing comes close.
>>
>>383943643
Is.... is it you? The one who was shitposting about Pathological a few days back? Saying ">waa waa my mommy didn't breastfeed me enough so I have to go out of my way to find bad games that are 2deep4u
Oke doke." The whole conversation was comedy gold, and I'd love if you could give me some more material.

Or does everyone on /v/ talk in this strange childhood-obsessed manner?
>>
>>383944270
This. At least we have Galaxy in Turmoil!
>>
>>383937372
Star Wars 1313 is the worst imo
>>
>>383942720
You're an idiot. Some of us have been playing Silent Hill since we were kids.
>>
>>383944270
What exactly is horror to you than retard? 3rd person with hundreds of rounds ds of ammo where you're never in any true danger? Seriously, you contrarians need to fuck off. I bet if P. T. Wasn't as popular as it is you'd be praising it.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.