[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>give all those dirty beggars money >spare all those scum

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7

File: lastlight.jpg (478KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
lastlight.jpg
478KB, 1920x1080px
>give all those dirty beggars money
>spare all those scum bag back stabbers who betrayed me
>find that little kid's teddy bear
>save all the hostages/prisoners
>get the dark non-canon ending because I didn't re-listen to every enemy conversation
>every time I had to reload a save

Is there a game with a worse karma system?
>>
>>383920818
The metro karma system is actually the best system there is, it punishes absolute scum like you who just rush through the game to the finish as fast as possible.
>>
>playing LL
>>
>>383921984
I wasn't rushing through it; the complete opposite actually. I interacted with everything and always went out of my way too look for journal pages.

I always eavesdropped on enemy conversations when going through a new area.
I was playing on survival hardcore and didn't feel like re-listening every time every time I had to reload a save. I also didn't want to spoil my experience by using a wiki check-list.
>>
>>383923016
>be shit at game so you have to constantly reload
>blame game

Hi Phil.
>>
>>383922334
Last Light was the superior Metro game. It's probably my favorite singleplayer FPS story.
>>
>>383923707
2033 is head and shoulders above LL
>>
>>383921984
>if you get below 95% of positive points you get the bad ending
>best system there is
I love Metro but the karma system is fucking retarded and unfair.
>>
>>383923915
Oh yeah? I'm legitimately interested to hear why as someone who loves the series
>>
>>383923707
End your miserable existence.
>>
>>383920818
"good" ending (it isnt even good you mongs) isnt canon
>>
>>383924038
:) can't make me friendo. Now why didn't you like Last Light.
>>
>>383920818
I liked the idea in 2033 but its pretty strict if you miss any.

Also its weird because there are convos that are in Russian but they aren't subtitled so you aren't sure if they reward a point or not
>>
>>383924090
>Artyom is in the fucking Exodus trailer
>But the ending where he lives isn't canon
>>
>>383923978
not him, but much better narrative and environments imo
it felt like a proper adventure
>>
i did almost everything right but blew a lot of money on those hookers so no idea if every time you pay them they take karma from you
if they dont then the system sucked ass but i did a lot a lot of exploration
>>
>>383924721

While the atmosphere and narrative of the first one was really good. I think the focus on the relationships between the factions of the Metro was much more interesting. And while exploring the metro in 2033 was really cool, I liked the wild goose chase that LL sends you on. I loved the stations you visit, the boat and train rides, and all of the high tension escapes from the Nazis and the Reds.

In short 2033 focused more on surviving in the Metro, while LL focused on surviving with the people who live in the Metro and that resonated better with me.

But 2033 does have the best song in the series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg0FMz2ejSk
>>
>>383920818
I got the bad ending because I watched the stripper over and over.
>>
>>383925073
THIS
2033 was about spoopy shit and monsters
LL was about political gay shit
gay ass pavel
>>
>>383925097
same here
STRIPPERS WERE A MISTAKE
>>
File: 1465791193551.png (100KB, 353x496px) Image search: [Google]
1465791193551.png
100KB, 353x496px
>>383926197
Last Light had more boss monsters in addition to fleshing out the political structure of the Metro. I'm sorry a well-written societal structure was too much for you.

And if politics means escaping from Nazi death camps and getting in a high speed train chase then sign me up for more.
>>
>>383926197
>gay ass pavel
Please don't insult my best friend.
>>
>>383925073
In 2033 you're some teenager who has to make his way through an incredibly hostile environment in order to save what remains of humanity. Along the way you meet interesting characters who help guide you along, but they never stick around for long. All you have to rely on is yourself as you fight your way to salvation, and the official metro tough guys recognize you for this and let you join them because you're such a bad dude.

In LL you play as a guilt wracked badass with a shitty love interest and a little monkey pal macguffin. The stealth is neutered, and most unforgivable is they turned khan from a metro mystic to an acid dropping hippie. Also you get back stabbed by the same guy like 3 times and the outdoor sections are too "hollywood".

Metro 2033 is Enders Game
LL is speaker for the dead except terrible
>>
File: 1343548-bourbon.jpg (32KB, 250x350px) Image search: [Google]
1343548-bourbon.jpg
32KB, 250x350px
Yo can we just take a moment to pay our respects to Bourbon?

What a lad he was.
>>
>>383924404
>>Artyom is in the fucking Exodus trailer
>>>
>>
>>383927015
While everything you said about 2033 was true I think you're selling LL short. The love interest was kind of tacked on, but the stealth was totally fine and I think the overarching theme of Redemption really suited the direction that 2033 set it in. As for Pavel backstabbing him Artyom was conflicted by his betrayal.

Also Khan seemed pretty fine in Last Light, he still acts as a spirit guide when you don't know which way to turn.

>>383927261
Loved Bourbon, but in the book they imply that he was just going to shoot Artyom when he was finished with him.
>>
>play crysis on highest difficulty even though im just alright
>game takes way longer but is challenging
>would have just enjoyed it more and finished it quicker on a lower difficulty setting

>come to the realization that i suck at most video games unless i sink a massive amount of time into it
>>
2033 felt like a tutorial that never ended. For most of the game an NPC was with you guiding you through everything. Khan also teaches you stuff that I expected to become central to the gameplay but barely show up again (don't touch ghosts, anomalies are dangerous)

Last light gives you a lot more freedom which I enjoyed. Still, for both games I'm mad that you can't freely explore the outside world. I always had enough filters that I never panicked but I wanted to really look around the cool world the devs made but had to rush because of the time limit.
>>
File: MetroLL 2017-06-24 13-24-49-43.jpg (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
MetroLL 2017-06-24 13-24-49-43.jpg
2MB, 2560x1440px
>>
>>383927523
I definitely am selling LL short, but that's because I honestly can't remember much about it. I've played through 2033 3 or 4 times but I can't bring myself to start up LL again. So I can't give you exact examples, but Khan specifically went from a mysterious, subdued, Saint-like guy who knows how to get around the metro by virtue of his experience and willingness to understand and embrace that the metro may be an organism itself but that evil is something only found in men, to just some wise old shaman who loves peace and is one with the metro, man.
>>
>>383920818
>2033
>Wicked phenomenon, yes? But, you know, it’s not any more "evil" than, say… fire. It all depends on your point of view. Try to get a better understanding of things before you make your judgement. Let's move out now, it's not safe here.

>Last Light
>COME ON ARTYOM, INTO THE MAGICAL VISION QUEST FOUNTAIN OF GUILT
>>
>>383924404
what if it's artyom's son
>>
>>383923621

You know damn well that isn't what he means. Metro has a very shitty save/checkpoint system.

I remember the part where you're riding the vehicle down the tunnel and you crash through a wall to find a group of refugees waiting on some train cars.

For some god awful reason the checkpoint is BEFORE they have their long ass conversation. God forbid you listen to it, buy your supplies, move forward a bit to the part where the girl is about to get raped, handle that problem, and then quit for a while.

Then you load again to play later and find you have to listen to the entire groups bitching again AND buy your supplies again.
>>
>>383928379
So, when Exodus is out you retards will move to shit on it because it is the latest one, right? You fucking worthless kids don't deserve to breath.
>>
>>383927603
Welcome to adulthood.
>>
File: MetroLL 2017-06-23 23-41-48-48.jpg (685KB, 5120x2880px) Image search: [Google]
MetroLL 2017-06-23 23-41-48-48.jpg
685KB, 5120x2880px
>people not reading the books
it's like i'm in a witcher thread
>>
>>383928379
I hated this.
Also how they made reds and nazis into comic book villains while the first game tried to make them seem human with plausible motives.
I guess they had to toss away all subetly for sake of casual audience who don't understand it.
Also all the machanics downgrades.
A damn shame.
>>
>>383928647
Its exactly the same actually, even down to these faggots thinking they know what the fuck they're talking about.
>>
> game has horrible stuttering when I tried to play
Is this a common problem?
>>
>>383928828
Nope, stop playing on a laptop.
>>
>>383928321
I didn't think Khan was that bad. He had a one track mind about saving the dark one because he believed it was humanity's only hope. The fact that he showed worry and concern really upped the stakes for me. The theme of this being humanity's last chance created a really cool tone that remained consistent throughout the entire game.
>>
>>383926849
>had more boss monsters
and they sucked ass
>>
>>383926197
You never read the books, have you? Metro is all about philosophy and the difference between the different kind of politics.
>>
>>383928919
Regarding khan, stuff like >>383928379 is the point I'm trying to make, as in he went from being a survivor to a lsd addict.
And just as I loved Speaker For The Dead, the idea of "oh man I made a mistake fucking these guys up, I need to make amends" isn't a bad plot and in fact is a fantastic transition for a sequel, but it was simply handled poorly in the game. I never really felt anything towards the little one other than minor annoyance at his voice.
Same goes for Pavel. The concept of a recurring antagonist is a trope I love in games, but the way it was handled just made me hate him and his justifications, rather than emphasize.
>>
>>383928883
hey, I can handle a bunch of other fairly graphics-intensive games on this here laptop

seriously I could play crysis just fine,
I don't know why this game is causing problems
>>
>>383928463
Yeah, checkpoint/save point doesn't match it seems certain checkpoint doesn't count as save point and you'll be dragged back to the last "safe" spot when reloading save data, although i find it to be quite convenient whenever the game decide to fuck up and forcibly kill you with no chance to clear the stage.
>>
>>383930298
Original or redux?
I played redux on laptop without any problem.
>>
>>383931124
original
>>
>>383927015
>Ender'S Game
You know the funny thing was when I read it and then found out that Orson Scott Card hated gay people I thought it was really weird given what the message of the story says. Now it's 2017 and I can completely get behind hating fags while wanting to fuck an ayylien.
>>
I wish there were more eldritch horrors in the game like that slime jelly that mind controlled people into jumping into it.
>>
>>383931894
Or that tunnel that made people happy but then abruptly killed them.
That shit was dope.

Was the red star thingy in the game? I can't remember. But that was a cool thing as well.
>>
>>383931629
Original is fairly unoptimized, i don't recommend playing it on laptop.
>>
>>383932006
No it wasn't. I was hoping they'd at least put an easter egg in with it.
>>
File: 1498350431393.png (215KB, 801x823px) Image search: [Google]
1498350431393.png
215KB, 801x823px
They only thing that I remember from last light is the plane crash.
>"I don't wanna die!"
>"Andrei don't panic! We're gonna land! We're gonna land!"
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.