[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"HURR TOO MANY HUMANOID BOSSES DAS2 IS SHIT DURR"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 141
Thread images: 14

File: Dark_Souls_II_cover[1].jpg (56KB, 256x369px) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Souls_II_cover[1].jpg
56KB, 256x369px
>"omg allant and nameless king such epic fights all the feels xD"

Why are you all such hypocrites?
>>
ds3 bosses were actually well animated
>>
Everything in DaS2 is massively unpolished. Saying it's bad because 'humanoid bosses' isn't true, because 1. humanoid bosses can be good 2. there are many, many non human enemies
>>
>>383910140
DS3 is pretty spooky
>>
Non-Humanoid bosses are mostly terrible in Fromsoft games.

>ask people who they like the most in DS1
>its always either Gwyn or OandS and both are humanoid

>ask people who they like the most in DS3
>its Friede, Nameless King or Gael

>ask people who they hate in DS1
>its Bed of Chaos, Moonlight Butterfly or Gaping Dragon

>ask people who they hate in DS3
>its Wolnir or the Acneridden Tree

Humanoid bosses are easier to make and better quality = better experience for the player.
Most non-humanoid bosses are either gimmicks or just dumb beasts who rush player to death if they don't learn when to evade.
Those kind of fights suck compared to the rest.
>>
>>383910140
Bosses in DS2 mostly felt like regular Mobs with their health beefed up. They kept the same 3-4 moves throughout the entire fight, and most of the gimmicks either didn't work (Looking Glass Knight) or were so poorly thought out that they never got used unless they player intentionally triggered it (Covetous Beast). Not to mention the COPIOUS amounts of lazy copypasting.

Seriously, most of these are indefensible
>Dragon Rider
>Copypaste Dragon Riders
>Copypaste Ornstein
>Copypaste Gargoyles
>Copypaste Sentinels
>Copypaste Smelter Demon
>Copypaste Lud&Zullen
>Skelly Lords
>Covetous Demon
>Prowling Magnus
>Old Iron King
>Rat Vanguard
>Najka
>Defender & Watcher
>Nashandra
>Ancient Dragon
>Vendrick
>>
>>383911063
The last 4 things really aren't a copy/paste of anything.
>>
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>383910712
You're asking a vague. That could mean their favorite boss in difficulty or their favorite boss in design.
>>
>>383911225
nah, they were just terrible fights

I mean, which of those 4 four bosses was supposed to be the big climactic fights to cap off DS2? I don't think any of those bosses had more than 4 attacks.
>>
>>383910140
Why are you such a shitposter?
>>
>>383910140
The issue with it in ds2 is that almost all of them are either shit, completely forgettable, or piss easy.
The ones that are good people generally remember fondly.
>looking glass
>the pursuer (if you ignore the other 5 times he shows up)
>Velstadt
>Alonne
>fume knight (debatable due to the hitboxes)
>ivory (debateable again as the good part of the fight isnt really the ivory king its the whole spectacle of the fight)
Which is like 6 humanoid bosses compared to the like 20 shit ones.
I will say that i do like the game though and i think a lot of the shit it gets, while most of it is somewhat true, is way too harsh.
Im sure im forgetting a good humanoid boss but this is off the top of my head
>>
>>383910712
>>ask people who they hate in DS1
>>its Bed of Chaos, Moonlight Butterfly or Gaping Dragon
I would think it's because they're all just really really easy, not because of design.
>>
>>383911479
Neither do most bosses in Dark Souls? That whole 8 move combo shit started with Bloodborne.
>>
the difference is there are some regular enemies in ds3 that have more varied movesets than ds2 humanoid bosses
>>
>>383910712
>ask people who they like the most in DS1
Sif?
Kalameet?
Manus?
>>
>>383911631
Bed of Chaos is terrible because its a platforming battle in a thirdperson actionRPG.
It's terrible.

Moonlight Butterfly is a garbage fight because the arena is a tiny corridor with melee fighters being forced to wait for the thing to land so they can hit it.

And Gaping Dragon is a tanky boring fight where all you need to do to survive is avoiding the running attack. The rest is nagging at its HP until it dies.
>>
>>383910140
it's not that humanoid bosses are bad, most of the best bosses in the he series are tall dudes in armor. It's the fact that most the humanoids in DS2 feel the same
>>
>>383911683
i think he means seperate attacks, not combos
>>
Let's go through this

>The Last Giant
Not terrible. Not amazing. It's the first boss for most people so nothing spectacular.
>The Pursuer
Decent bossfight and amazing first encounter. On one side its good that Scholar made him an actual Pursuer but on the other hand he loses value with each new encounter.
>Dragonrider
Not a good fight. Terrible arena.
>Old Dragonslayer
Some call it rehash. I actually liked the idea of fighting only not-Ornstein. Overall okay.
>Flexile Sentry
Mediocre fight in an interesting arena which never actually uses its function.
>Ruin Sentinels
The best bossfight in early game so far. Not only for the OST.
>The Lost Sinner
Good bossfight but shields make him far too easy which limits the experience.
>Belfry Gargoyles
Cancer
>Skeleton Lords
I liked the idea but the execution could have been better. Seeing those skellies die in one hit was disappointing. Though can't expect more from lowlevel players.
>Executioner's Chariot
Personally love this boss. I can see why people don't like it though.
>Covetous Demon
What a joke
>Mytha, the Baneful Queen
Weak overall. Neither challenging nor interesting in design.
>Smelter Demon
Good fight. First actual challenge for me personally.
>Old Iron King
Mediocre. The lavapit can go fuck itself.
>Scorpioness Najka
Overall mediocre in every way.
>Royal Rat Authority
Take out the cancer rats and all that is left is a giant beast which is easy to slay. Boring.
>Prowling Magus & Congregation
Why is this a boss?
>The Duke's Dear Freja
Great presentation - Weak execution. First fight bugged out on me.
>Royal Rat Vanguard
Interesting concept but overall neither challenging nor fun.
>The Rotten
Meh
>Dragonriders
Really?
>Looking Glass Knight
Great concept. Boss AI is overall too weak though. Which he was faster.
>Demon of Song
I liked the OST and arena. That's it.
>Velstadt, the Royal Aegis
Overall pretty good
>Vendrick
Why bully the old man?
>Guardian Dragon
Would have been decent if the thing didn't fly all day
>>
>>383910502

explain how they are 'unpolished'. I don't wanna hear a fucking buzzword without supporting evidence.
>>
>>383912871

>Ancient Dragon
Boss 1-2 shots you but the attacks are easy to read. Overall mediocre-bad. Nothing you want to fight again.
>Giant Lord
Better version of The Last Giant.
Mediocre-Decent.
>Throne Defender & Throne Watcher
Feels like filler. Mediocre.
>Nashandra
Again: I like the idea of her cursing you during the fight but the execution was overall mediocre.
>Aldia, Scholar of the First Sin
Strong in the lore. Weak in the fight. Not bad or good.
>Darklurker
My favorite boss in the base game. Hard but fair and you even get to fight two at the same time. What's not to like?
>Elana, the Squalid Queen
Good fight. I am usually not a fan of RNG but the fight never feels unfair even with her summoning Velstadt 3 times in a row.
>Sinh, the Slumbering Dragon
Best dragon fight in Souls before Midir was a thing.
>Afflicted Graverobber, Ancient Soldier Varg & Cerah the Old Explorer
Meh. Maybe if you have a coopbuddy to play this with.
>Fume Knight
Again: Hard fight but totally fair. One of my favorites.
>Sir Alonne
Best fight in the game overall. Top OST, presentation and battle. DS2 usually feels kinda clunky compared to the others but here you forget everything and just enjoy the fight.
>Smelter Demon 2
First one was good. So is the second. Way to him is cancer though.
>Aava, the King's Pet
Pretty decent. Concept as well. Nothing that will impress you though.
>Burnt Ivory King
Love the presentation and lore. Fight itself is good as well but the king is underpowered.
>Lud, the King's Pet & Zallen, the King's Pet
Not bad for a double-fight but again: The way to the boss wants you to use phantoms to get do the foggate.

OVERALL:
DS2 doesn't really have BAD bosses.
There are 2-3 nut overall the quality goes from mediocre-decent to good.
Overall DLC quality is good - excellent.
>>
>>383910140
Having a good fight that's humanoid doesn't mean having TOO MANY humanoid fights is a good thing. This isn't a contradiction. Learn what that word means before you use it. This is quite possibly the weakest argument I've ever seen trying to defend DaS2... yes even weaker than the ad hominem shit we hear. Because you actually thought you were arguing one thing.. but completely fucked it up. Good job.
>>
>>383910140
demon's souls is the only one with good bosses
>>
>>383912871
I take offence with your complaint with the Old Iron King. He's a fucking cakewalk and if you die to him, ONCE, when there's a wall you can just hide behind every time, you should be ashamed. That being said, his fight has moments like when he goes under the lava, where the tension ramps up. Though, I could just attribute that to my fear of being alone in the ocean with a monster under me. The Kraken in Resistance 2 gave me the same feeling and I considered that a fantastic shooter boss for a long time.

He also has a great design, but that's neither here nor there.
>>
>>383913689
Fuck off, Sinh is way better than Midir. Midir is blatantly unfair.
>>
>>383914945
>Midir is blatantly unfair.
what makes you say this?
>>
>>383910140
Allant is a boss in DaSII fuckwit
>>
>>383916205
>Allant
>DaSII
wut
>>
>>383910140
>DaS2
>humanoid bosses

Lol what?
>>
>>383910712
For DaS3, it's generally those you listed, but people also say Midir tons of times.

Granted all the other "favourites" boils down to Abyss Watchers, Champ Gundyr, Dragonslayer Armor, Soul of Cinder, and Twin Princes, so still all humanoid.
>>
>>383915938
>All his attacks are AoE and some do enough to kill someone with 30 VIT outright
>Runs like a nigger so you're constantly playing chase to someone much faster than you
>Attacks are mostly telegraphed but that hardly matters when his range is further than you can move for most attacks
>Bullshit one-hit kill tail whip if you want to attack him from behind like the series has conditioned you to do
>Retardedly high health pool, especially bad when you take into account that he takes half damage everywhere except his most dangerous point

Now, it's what a dragon fight SHOULD be. Midir is incredibly dynamic, fast, and he hits like a fuck. After all, not every enemy is 'fair'. You CAN beat him, but it requires a frankly superhuman amount of effort. Dragons are called dragons because humans can't beat them, and all that. But that doesn't mean I'm allowed to like how it plays. It punishes you way too much.
>>
>>383916441
>Midir is incredibly dangerous and is an absolute monster
>as he should be

Thanks for having good taste.
>>
>>383910140
>"omg allant and nameless king such epic fights all the feels xD"
These aren't really a contradiction. Having every boss be a humanoid doesn't mean that every single one is going to be Allant/Nameless quality, to the contrary actually. It's better for them to try out a bunch of different creative boss designs and allow one or two high quality standard duels like the aforementioned to be the peak of the experience. Variety is a good thing.
>>
>>383916565
It just so happens that he's also fucking bullshit on top of being what he should be.

Though it made me realize something. Every single scrap of a dragon is ALWAYS alive, because death simply hadn't been invented for them yet. So every time you fight one, the way they fade away is an abstraction when what 'really' happens is you cripple them so bad that they can't move or fight anymore, Necromorph style. His presentation is top-tier for that alone.
>>
>>383913139
Because you were born unpolished hah owned
>>
People like to bitch about the bad things. How about a list of good boss fights in DaSII?

>Pursuer
>Executioner's Chariot
>The Duke's Dear Freja
>Looking Glass Knight
>Demon of Song
>Velstadt, the Royal Aegis
>Guardian Dragon
>Darklurker
>Sinh, the Slumbering Dragon
>Fume Knight
>Sir Alonne
>Aava, the King's Pet
>Burnt Ivory King
>>
File: 2.jpg (41KB, 276x326px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
41KB, 276x326px
>>383914425

Ah yes. Who can forget engaging bosses such as,
>pile of leeches that does nothing
Or its friend,
>pile of trash that does nothing
Or their climax fight
>some chick that suicides in a pool of abortions

But never mind that, we can just branch into other, better parts of the game.
Like,
>fire dude that dies to potshots of the weakest magic, crying
Or,
>big fat thing with a bird that dies in two hits wondering what the hell was the point of all that special presentation

The ONLY two fights that I can say are worthwhile to remember from demon souls is the Old King and the Storm King.
The rest is pure garbage.
>>
>>383910140
DS3 actually has fast combat, well animated bosses that aren't 100% fanservice garbage and good hitboxes.
>>
>>383917565
>wah fight is not hard so it's not good
this reminds me of when dark souls came out
>le prepare to die
>le game too hard :^D
Demon's Souls was never supposed to be hard and it's not even hard either, it's just that when people play it they expect some mindless hack and slash gameplay and that bites them back in the ass. Anyone with two digit IQ can breeze through the entire game if they're patient enough.

That said the bosses in Demon's Souls are the most memorable in my opinion. The huge Tower Knight, the giant Manta Ray in the sky and the sword you get that cuts the wind to hit it, the penetrator, the flamelurker, the fool's idol, the maneaters, the boss that summons another player to fight you, the false king allant. Even the final boss is memorable despite being literally a pile of trash, "you fool, don't you understand, no one wishes to go on..."
>>
>>383918319
>This is memorable because it was my first game in a series and I cannot condone changes to my nostalgia in any form or fashion, despite the clear, glaring flaws: The Post.

Shit ain't memorable, son. It was just there.
Maiden Astraea was the only "not difficult, but good in context." thing the game actually had.
The rest of the enemies that did nothing actually provided nothing at all.
There was no reason for the leechmonger. There was also no reason for the Dirty Golem.
They did nothing, added nothing.
There was no reason for the Abjudicator to do absolutely nothing during the fight. It didn't add to any "feel", it just was a tiny room with a fucked up camera and a boss with a cool design that then just dies in two hits without allowing you to even get a good look at said design.
The Maneaters were so fucking bugged it was a terrible thing to endure, and they REMAIN bugged up until now. Their flight mechanics are shit, their designs are blocky and they don't even look good even then.

The Fool's Idol and the Tower Knight are fine. So were Allant and the Storm King.
The Dragon God was plain garbage. It looked to be an amazing time. Turned out to be... nothing at all. Literally.
>the actual "boss" is not being killed by its breath while finishing it off
I mean... really?
>>
>>383918964
>it's not good because I don't like it
>stop liking what I don't like
>>
>>383919107
>here are the glaring technical flaws both in design and pace to argue against your claim of the "most memorable bosses"
>STOP BASHING THE THINGS I LIKE!!
>>
>>383919295
>here are the glaring technical flaws both in design and pace
>"There was no reason for this"
>"There was no reason for that"
>"This is garbage"
>"This adds nothing"
not an argument
>>
>>383919458

So basically you've nothing to actually argue back with and will resort to just dismissive behavior. I take your willful resignation, you may go along.
>>
>>383912871
>The Lost Sinner
>him
>>
>>383919889

You'd be surprised of how many don't know that's a chick.
>>
>>383919889
>>383920240
>sinner
>women
makes sense
>>
>>383910264
Aldrich says hello. An absolute mess of animation for all of his physical attacks.
Oceiros is pretty weird.
Midir's completely static tail animations clip into the ground of his completely flat arena and it's embarrassing.
Not a boss but any enemy that you can set on fire just goes into this "on fire" animation before returning to normal after it ends and you can't extend it or reapply it until the enemy is fully recovered and that is really weird.
>>383911063
I could defend (or at least list redeeming factors/excuses for) most of these aside from Nashandra (and Ancient Dragon but I don't think he's really a boss). I actually already have defended most of these because this is a copypasta/ the same anon.
Also what do you mean Mirror Knight's Gimmick "didn't work"? He reflects magic attacks that are aimed at his shield and he summons an NPC/human invader. The only way it can truly fail to work is if he dies before the summon is successful which rarely ever happens.
>>383916441
All of Midir's attacks are piss easy to dodge. Tail whip is clearly telegraphed and he takes less damage from all non-head sources so you should have shaken the conditioning pretty fast. His head is hardly his most dangerous point. especially when his patterns pause. Midir isn't dynamic at all, he sticks to rigid attack patterns and behavior.
I dislike Midir because he is a battle of attrition that isn't interesting.
>>
File: 1497204626644.png (1MB, 852x1639px) Image search: [Google]
1497204626644.png
1MB, 852x1639px
>>383910140
>DaS2 has no problems with hitboxes
>the apes in no mans wharf that can hit you without even connecting the hit to you
>the dogs in gutter that can hit you while you are behind them
>some enemies can connect hits before the animation even starts (heide knight, the dogs in the gutter
>some enemies can hit you even after they die (spider humanoids)
>bosses have lingering shockwaves that hit you even after you dodge because hardcore xD
>bosses STILL have shitty hitboxes and grabs (aava can still fucking hit you before she even TOUCHES you)
And yet it's still the easiest game in the series. Dark Souls 2 PvE wise is a fucking TOILET. If you play it, you have shit taste. And no one here plays souls PvP anyways (game is utterly dead anyways unless you want to play with chinese and russians)
>>
>>383910140
But I hated allant and nameless king and like 90% of DaS3?
>>
File: 1459982341301.jpg (418KB, 880x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1459982341301.jpg
418KB, 880x1600px
>>383920240
Most people don't know the Throne Watcher is a guy, either.
>>
>>383921658
>ending a statement in a question mark

reddit has arrived
>>
>>383921720

But there is literally nothing wrong with reddit?
>>
>>383921720
But I despise reddit with a passion and can stand their fucking post formating??
>>
>>383910140
Because those fights are exceptions rather than the norm in their games. Are you a dumbass, Anon?
>>
>>383921928
Every fight in DaS2 is an exception
>>
>>383916362
>>383910712
>No dancer
It's the best boss of the game
>>
I'm so glad Dark Souls II is so different, just think about it for a moment. All the other souls games are pretty much the same thing rehashed over and over again, very little difference between them, Dark Souls II as flawed as it is is still a great game and a huge breath of fresh air.
>>
File: 1365325136251.png (75KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1365325136251.png
75KB, 300x300px
>>383910140
Lul, ds2 shit eater trying to have a point. What a miserable scene.
>>
>>383916362
>>383910712
The Demon Prince/Pain/Below was great
>>
>>383914425
> t. "I'm living in the past" aka nostalgia cuck
oh lol
>>
File: 1473689428929.png (207KB, 301x389px) Image search: [Google]
1473689428929.png
207KB, 301x389px
>>383921658
Than you're contrarian little shit with no taste?
Yep, it's that simple.
>>
>>383910140
They're two different points. One talks about quantity, and the other talks about quality. It's possible to have more non-humanoid bosses and still have the allant and nameless king bosses good.
>>
>>383916897
>good
>freja
anon, what? you mean the boss fight where the didn't know what other moves to give her so they just added in more spiders? you mean the boss fight where if you chop off both her heads she is now literally unable to be damaged?
>>
>>383922526
I'm not contrarian, I just don't like most of 3. everything after the township is raw hot garbage. I fucking hated the toxic sewer bullshit level so motherfucking much I honestly don't have to words to desribe it.
>>
>>383914425
>>383918319
>>383919107
>>383919458
>I'm 15 and just watched matthewmatosis
I guarantee this guy has not played demons souls and likely hasn't played a single game in the series
>>
>>383921830
oh dear
>>
>>383922743
Lul what? You lose like 0.5 hp per 1 sec. You're able to explore all swamp area within 6-8 flasks.
Also, disliking the whole game for being bad at it at 1 area is edgy as fuck. git gud
>>
>>383921990
Exceptionally shit
>>
>>383921703
What Nip source says the Watcher is male?
>>
>>383922929
I'm not bad at it. I don't like it. the map is garbage and is slow as shit thanks to the shitwater, the enemies are either trash nothings not worth my time, or insane murderbeasts that are just annoying to deal with. the entire gimick exists to force you into spending more time than you should, it's fucking horrible. it's also NOT the only reason I hate 3 every zone after it is trash, or designed solely to be as annoying and shitty as possible.
>>
File: 1494200218219.jpg (117KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1494200218219.jpg
117KB, 1440x1080px
>>383913689
DS2 is the worst DS of all, definitely the worst game I ever played, holy shit.

And DS is one of my favourite franchises, must have spent like 600 hours from DeS, DaS, DaS3. Finished 2 in 30 hours and never looked back.

I hate retards like you that try to justify DS2, because its shit.

SHIT.

UNAPOLOGETIC SHIT.
>>
>>383910140
I have 600 hours in the game and less than 50 are in the PvE. Saying that the PvE is shit in this game is an understatement, it's UNDENIABLY the worst in the entire series.
>>
>>383922760
First post is not me though.

>>383922691
>didn't know what other moves to give her so they just added in more spiders?
Maybe

>the boss fight where if you chop off both her heads she is now literally unable to be damaged?
That is not even true. Her head only comes off while she's still alive if you heal her with warmth which is pretty fucking stupid. Also, you can still damage her with certain weapons and spells.
>>
>>383922394
If you can get over the first 2 forms having 3 attacks each + the melee form's smash when it changes forms then it's pretty good 1/2 the time. The other 1/2 the fight is 2 ranged which is just free hits or 2 melee which is a clusterfuck. Demon Prince is then just rolling through attacks and sprinting at him when he does his mega attack and that's all you have to think about throughout the whole fight.
>>383922929
Path of Sacrifices, Crucifixion woods and Catacombs are also honestly pretty shit and so is Izalith if you decide to go down there.
Also outside of abusing the dagger WA and draining all your FP the wading effect sucks unconditionally in this game.
>>
>>383923169
Thanks for telling everyone you didn't play the game senpai
>>
>>383916362
people only like midir because its difficult
>>
>>383923418
Midir isn't difficult though.
>>
>>383923458
>that one 16 year old aspie that feels the need to make this post

No one cares if you cheated with pestilent mercury or have 5000 hours playing Souls games. Midir was very difficult, the hardest boss in the series.
>>
>liking 2 bosses means you can't complain about there being too many of one type
I dont even know what the fuck you're talking about, but you're retarded
>>
>>383923276
dark souls 2 is the best in the series what are you saying anon, are you being ironic? 3 is just rehashed bb and 1 is a half completed mess.
>>
I love hate Amana Shrine, it looks good compared to the rest of the vanilla areas but its filled with magic spamming assholes and death drops you can't see
>>
File: 1496608053057.jpg (39KB, 540x533px) Image search: [Google]
1496608053057.jpg
39KB, 540x533px
Who else has a twink build?
Those are sadistically fun to invade with
On my build I've got a level 18 build with a +1 Raw Dragonslayer's Axe that I buff with lightning
>>
>>383923458
what's difficult then?
>>
>>383923361
You retarded donkey sucking nigger.
first zone was fine, reminded me of the first zone in dark one.
the settlement was decent, though the tree fight is worthless especially since turning souls into weapons is mostly pointless. the corvian shitlands or whatever the fuck with the crabs is okish, the boss is basically just a shitty pinwheel
the cathedral is hot fucking garbage I hate everything about it, the boss is inventive but ultimately crap.
the fields of hot garbage are raw shit, the boss is cool, but everything else is trash that honestly makes me feel like it was put in just to pad out game time.
the catacombs were ok, boss was pretty shit though.
the demon ruins are basically lol demon ruins dark souls 1 guys!!!
the shitty ice town is fucking trash, the enemies are bullshit and feel like something ripped right out of bleedyborne with how often they attack, the pontiff beasts are raw bullshit. pontiff sully is a fine bos fight, I liked it
the dungeons are a complete and utter failure. the concept of a enemy that OBLITERATES your maximum health so fast in a game like this is just flat out cancerous, I hate everything about those faggots, and I want whoever decided to shove a billion of them in one room to kill themselves. yorm is nothing, just a meme fight.
>ay guys anor londo right bro's
aldrich is pretty decent looking, pretty shitty fight though.
everything do fucking do with getting to lancelot or whatever the fuck is just ass, that zone is complete fucking bullshit, and the boss is just a discount mexican ghetto version of seath
the dragon town zone is trash, unnamed king or whoever the fuck exists purely to get the bro streamers to go YOOOOOOOOOOOOO. and to go hey guys remember that big bullshit about who gwyns kid was?
fucking....londor or whever the fuck was just nothing I don't even remember anything about it. the boss fight was just boring. final boss is a shitty send off to fans of the series whatever it's over.

Kill yourself.
>>
>>383924413
Not him but Vanquish challenge 6.
>>
>>383923026
It's straight up in the item descriptions for his armor, in both English and nip.
>>
>>383924859
>nashandra's tranny fuccboi
>similar armor design to Gwyndolin's clothes

I see what they were going for at least.
>>
>>383924469
Holy shit I've never seen somebody type so much shit with so little actual content
You must be doing great in highschool
>>
>>383924859
Not in Nip, they don't use any pronouns for the Watcher's item descriptions.
>>
>>383925173
Great argument.
>>
>>383923276
>definitely the worst game I ever played

Then you're clearly an underage who just got into gaming in the last few years

kys
>>
>>383925330
>Says the guy who just posted a bunch of nothing
"The enemies were just shit" is not an argument
>>
>>383923639
Outside of being a battle of attrition due to his high HP I don't think there's anything really hard about the fight.
His telegraphs are fairly obvious, his patterns are fairly easily avoided, the arena doesn't force you to plan your movements since it's a very generous circle, you don't have to think about when to use your Estus and the openings to attack are generous.

>>383924413
I don't know. A lot of souls difficulty depends on your build and your personal preferences.
Maybe something where you can't just react to things as they come without thinking about you would have to do next?
>>
>>383925947
Thats a great big wall of text you have there, proving me wrong and explaining why.
>>
>>383926070
You started your post with
>You retarded donkey sucking nigger.
Straight up Ad hom. And then complain about non arguments? nigger i didn't read your shitty post because it's clearly all strawmen
>>
Most of the Humanoid bosses in DaS2 were pretty samey and uninteresting
Generally its some kind of 3-4 hit combo, a wide sweep, a gap closer, an overhead, maybe a gimmick or two, and that's it
>>
>>383926320
I don't think you understand what most of those words mean.
>>
>>383910140
Kill yourself
>>
>>383910140
The humanoids in Dark Souls 2 are just dumbass knights in armor with 3 hit combos.
>>
>>383912871
Ruin Sentinels really gets a lot of shit, and honestly it's up there with some of the best if you keep it below a 3v1. Then again maybe I'm biased because I will never know what that fight was like with vanilla hitboxes.
>>
>>383926387
Why does there need to be more than that?

Go play DMC or some shit
>>
>>383927220
Because they all feel the same, and their gimmicks are barely enough to make them different.

Pursuer feels like Lost Sinner feels like Smelter Demon feels like a Ruin Sentinel feels like Flexile Sentry feels like Old Dragonslayer feels like etc etc
>>
>>383927427
>Pursuer feels like Lost Sinner

Wow... fuck no. That's honestly like saying Artorias and Gwyn feel the same.

And that's not even to say some AREN'T similar, just not fucking sinner and pursuer...

Smelter Demon and Pursuer. Ruin Sentinel and Dragonrider. THOSE are similar and even then they have plenty of differences as well.

>Flexile Sentry

Name one time that enemy has been done before. I'd really like to hear it.
>>
File: 1495551831221.png (222KB, 477x452px) Image search: [Google]
1495551831221.png
222KB, 477x452px
>>383916441
>tfw people say midir is the hardest boss in souls
>beat him on my first fucking try with a pyromancer build of all things
Im convinced the souls fanbase is fucking garbage at these games. 3's honestly the easiest in the series yet people constantly call it the hardest.
>>
>>383928872
I wonder what would happen if they had to play Freedom Unite against double Plesioths. Souls games in general border the casual line.
>>
>>383910712
the moonlight butterfly and the gaping dragon are really easy though
>>
>>383928872
I beat the entire series without dying. Fucking souls kiddies LOL!
>>
>>383929268
Go back to the ringed city and try beating Midir for the umpteenth time, you shitter.
>>
i bought it the last year but i finished in 3 days and re-play it for half a year and sometimes i grab it again 4 shit n giggles but it felt....mmm...empty i mean it was fun and all but after the 8 time i complete it i didnt fell the need to keep playing, thing that dosent happend with dark solus 1, ive have it like for2 years and till dis day im still playing it. its a good game, nothing less nothing more.
>>
File: 1496947216396.png (666KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
1496947216396.png
666KB, 666x666px
>>383928872
>plays a pyromancer
>calls other people scrubs

my fucking sides
>>
>>383929687
Is pyromancer good?
3 was the first game I rolled with it because the general consensus was that straight swords were the designated easy mode.
>>
>>383912871
>Let's go through this
No
>>
File: salt-and-sanctuary-skill-tree.jpg (479KB, 2800x1546px) Image search: [Google]
salt-and-sanctuary-skill-tree.jpg
479KB, 2800x1546px
can we have a thread about Salt and Sanctuary's flaws and bullshit bosses instead
>>
File: And the verdict is.png (45KB, 858x334px) Image search: [Google]
And the verdict is.png
45KB, 858x334px
>>383913689
>fight never feels unfair even with her summoning Velstadt 3 times in a row

Go fuck yourself
>>
People like pursuer? To me he's everything I hate about ds2 enemy design. Circle strafe to the right with a shield up defeats 90% of his moves, the last 10 is extremely easy to roll through, and they copy paste him a half dozen times
>>
>>383913689
>Gargoyles
>Dragon rider
>Dragon Riders
>Covetous demon
>Prowling Magus
>Rat Vanguard
>Rat Authority
>all bad according to (you)
>and like a dozen more you list as "mediocre"
>"OVERALL DS2 doesn't really have any bad bosses"

Do you work at IGN?
>>
>>383916897
I liked Lost Sinner
>>
>>383921703
Wish it had been female tbqh famalamaram.
>>
>>383931993
Most people kill her before she even summons him, and even if she does Velstadt is extremely fucking slow.

>>383932083
>Circle strafe to the right with a shield up defeats 90% of his moves

That will trivialize most bosses in the damn series. Learn to fucking play Souls games shieldless.
>>
>>383914945
>mfw I killed Midir first try, when Sinh took me around 5 because "lol I'm just gonna fly away and then toxin+poison you again"
>>
File: 1874563123546.png (518KB, 630x735px) Image search: [Google]
1874563123546.png
518KB, 630x735px
It's objectively the best game. Proven again and again.
Are you idiots even trying?
>>
>>383910140
a lot of the ones in 2 are just mediocre. and some rehashes too
1 is the one with actual shit bosses
>maneaters again
>bed of chaos
>ceaseless discharge
>"grab magnetism" iron golem
>asylum demon again
>asylum demon again again
>nito
>4 kings
>ornstein and shockwave
>pinwheel if you don't fight him early
>the centipede
>butterfly pre patch
>gaping dragon
all shit. the rest are fine or even good. didn't play the dlc though so can't comment on those
>>
>>383916441
The problem is that he's designed as an endurance fight, yet he can always kill you in just 2 hits.
>>
>>383910140
Don't be silly. Someone claiming Dark Souls II has a surfeit of a particular boss type is not the same thing as saying the type is bad. Dark Souls II is a rushed, borderline unfinished, and developmentally troubled game. Leaning on a particular type (especially if you can reuse animations to save time) is a sign of that. It rises above its weaknesses and still turns in a better showing than most games to come out when it did. In any case, the causes of Dark Souls II's weaknesses are deep enough that effects are too broad to pin down one problem that brings the whole thing down. It's like trying to describe the problems with Fallout 4, and here's a summary that more or less applies to both:

Something, or several things, went wrong far enough upstream in the game's development that fixing those problems was impossible by the time anyone could have seen how much trouble they were in.
>>
>going back to DeS and DS1
Still pretty great, there are obvious issues but the core is great

>DS2
It's clear the game was thrown together in the last few months of dev time, what a fucking mess.
For every improvement it has it does several things wrong.
Also
>only game without Patches is DS2
Pate isn't Patches, he is a fan character in what feels like a fan made game or mod.
>>
>>383932852
It's the easiest, so it's no surprise it has higher review scores.
Too many people can't even beat the asylum demon or Gundyr, DS2 hand holds you.
>>
>>383916441

All of these apply to the Ancient Dragon as well.
I think people forget that.
>>
>>383927092
No the fight is the best WHEN it's a 3v1. They start attacking less often, but positioning becomes more important than ever.
>>
>>383910140
Maybe its because every boss in that game has the same fucking three swing pattern
>>
They should update Dark Souls 1 to PS4/Xbox One.

What changes or improvements would you like to see?
>>
>>383931682
Fuck Salt and Sanctuary NG+, worst version of it I've ever seen in a game with the bullshit damage modifier increases. That husk pirate boss is practically impossible in it.
>>
>>383935068
a good framerate
>>
>>383910140
I´m not, ds3 is shit because it doesn´t know what it wants to be
>>
>>383935068
Much higher rendering resolution*, a good frame rate, better covenants, DS3's online features, updated achievements to include the DLC like DS2 Scholar did

Dark Souls rendered at 1024x720
>>
I recently beat Dark Souls III for the first time after the Ringed City came out so id be able to do the whole game at once.
I went for a challenge run, no HUD, only rings I used were Dark Stoneplate and Ring of the Evil Eye, and my armor was Elite Knight Armor with the Broadsword as my weapon.
I can say it was the most enjoyable Souls game in my experience. The level design was very good for the most part, the enemies were enjoyable, the good bosses were very good (really loved Abyss Watchers, Dancer, and Gael) although there were a few bad ones and the game was extremely difficult, im guessing without all the self imposed restrictions and using the HUD it would have been easier but damn did I die a lot. Overall it just barely surpasses Dark Souls 1 in my view.
>>
>>383910140
Out of all the complaints I've had (and heard) for DS2, "humanoid bosses" aren't one of them. The game sucks ass on just about every level.
>>
Reminder: if you hated Dark Souls 2, you probably started the series with Dark Souls and have never heard of Fromsoft until then.
>>
My only real complaint about 2 was that spears felt like such shit to use
>>
>>383935728
How did you even use items with no HUD?
Thread posts: 141
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.