[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>I could go on for another couple thousand words about the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

File: gta4.png (62KB, 723x369px) Image search: [Google]
gta4.png
62KB, 723x369px
>I could go on for another couple thousand words about the amazing experience that is GTA IV, but what's most important for you to know is that this game is an absolute masterpiece.

>We all knew GTA 4 would be a great game and sell millions of copies, but I didn't expect it to shame pretty much every other game I've played this generation.

>GTA IV is the best game that I have played in the past ten years

>With one of the most compelling stories ever told by a video game, an extremely likeable main character, an insane amount of online modes, and virtually no flaws to be detected, GTA IV is even more than it was expected to be by fans.

>Expectations were so high for Grand Theft Auto IV that one of the biggest surprises is that it's managed to meet them. That it's also gone on to confound these is truly a marvel, and the game's Liberty City is nothing less than one of the greatest videogame worlds yet conceived.

For being so critically acclaimed and still holding the status of one of the highest rated games of all time, it really feels like GTA IV disappeared and left no legacy whatsoever. Nobody ever talks about it these days.
>>
Critic reviews mean nothing, what matters is the lasting impression of the game in time
>>
>>383901924
It's because GTAV is better in every single way, thus GTA IV is overshadowed
>>
GTA4 is a good game if you aren't comparing it to other GTAs but it's easily one of the more lackluster games in the series.
>>
>>383901924
Hello! Planet Earth here!

The reporters are paid to say shit like that. Look at No Man's Sky, look at The Division, look at almost every release of the last few years.

They are all rated as "The best game of the decade!".

Didn't you notice the affiliate links on every review website? They always give a link in the articles, and they get money when you buy using it. Plus, that's without counting the money they got from the company in the beginning.

I'll give you a tip, since you seem to be a dumb and naive kid. If you want to know what a REAL good game is... just look at the games people are still enjoying today.
>>
>>383902598
But neither no man's sky or the division are highly rated
>>
Who else never really got into GTA games? I played 3, Vice city, and San andreas but just for cruising around and fuckin off. It just got boring to me
>>
>>383903105
Me, glorifying shit like dealing drugs, shooting on people or runing over them with a car is not fun, I tried them but I just can't see the appeal it looks like a rap music clip, it's all about making the guns the cars and the bitches appealing so everybody jumps on it.
>>
File: adam sandler gun.jpg (31KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
adam sandler gun.jpg
31KB, 400x600px
No idea how reviewers were willing to give the PS3 / 360 versions such high scores when both versions run like absolute ass.

The PC version was also a complete clusterfuck upon release
>>
>>383901924
Because the game was boring as fuck and had tons of flaws at launch yet critics completely ignored that.
>>
>>383903308
>>383903105
It started the popularity about open world games, running on people, stealing cars, helicopters, motorcycles and creating havoc is pretty fun, so you may have autism.

Problem is that modern GTA games became more "realistic" and less fun with a "mature' cinematic story.

This is why games like Vice City and San Andreas are praised too much these days.
>>
>>383903105
the stories in the all parts except V and BoGT are pretty shitty. so i understand you
>>
>>383903657
>you may have autism.
Oh thanks doctor I thought it was not being an absolut moron, but of course I should know, killing people and stealing is fun right ?
>>
>>383903430

Once you realize scores are more about pre-release hype than the actual quality of a game, everything makes much more sense. It's not even paid reviews because I don't think those happen as often as some believe, but the excitement of reviewers directly affects the way they approach a game. "Clunky controls" become "deliberate movements", "drab art style" becomes "atmospheric and immersive visuals", "bad dialogue" becomes "post-ironic storytelling" if you hype a game enough to some reviewers.
>>
>>383902231
This.
>>
>>383901924
It probably lost its legacy bc V seemed so fucking amazing at first that it was just a better IV, then it turned out V was pretty much hollow garbage but we forgot to remember IV
>>
>>383903657
>t started the popularity about open world games, running on people, stealing cars, helicopters, motorcycles and creating havoc is pretty fun, so you may have autism.
Love to see that happening to you in real life, shit's gotta be fun
>>
>>383901924
There are threads about it all the time though
>>
File: 1499433114021.jpg (179KB, 1087x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1499433114021.jpg
179KB, 1087x1080px
>>383902065
>scrapped many, many fun details and other immersive things for "muh graffix" and "muh 6th gen"
>cops are brutal and ruthless
>get wanted from shooting one man with a silenced pistol in the middle of the desert
>mfw

yeah nah
>>
>>383901924
Excluding mobas, mmos and stuff like gmod everything dies after that amount of itime
>>
File: 2022215-4dn4ihh.jpg (99KB, 862x882px) Image search: [Google]
2022215-4dn4ihh.jpg
99KB, 862x882px
People who shout "paid reviews" have to realize that for big name games like this, any critic who dares give it less than a perfect score is going to get fed to the sharks, so they cover their ass and give it a 10. Look what happened when Jeff Gerstmann gave Twilight Princess an 8.8 - because he dared give it a "great" score and not a perfect one, the Internet went on a witch hunt. Critics want to avoid that for themselves.
>>
>>383904941
see: jim sterling and BOTW, who got attacked and ddos'd for dropping the metacritic score from a 98 to a 97 with his review

fanboys WANT paid glowing reviews
>>
>>383904941
>>383905168

To be fair, the Nintendo crowd is 'special', to say the least. Gamespot got DDoS'd for giving Skyward Sword a 7.5/10, Gametrailers forums got tons and tons of spam after they gave Wind Waker a 7.8/10 etc.
>>
>>383903308
GTA IV doesn't glorify any of those things though, same with at least one of its expansions, The Lost and Damned
>>
>>383905168
Relevant:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ko1sklmOR9E
>>
File: 1437932874999.jpg (55KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1437932874999.jpg
55KB, 960x720px
>>383904941
It blows my mind how terrible the communities on those game review sites can be

people like this shouldn't have the privilege of using the internet
>>
>>383904620
atleast we have suppressors and deserts
>>
File: 1486785757031_0.png (304KB, 396x396px) Image search: [Google]
1486785757031_0.png
304KB, 396x396px
>>383904941
>is fat!!!
>LOL!!!
this is a special kind of subhuman
>>
>>383905975
who even likes deserts, there's fuck-all to do even online
also
>what are mods
something you can't even use anymore :^)
>>
>>383902231
it's easily the worst game in the series even ranking below Chinatown wars. The setting was so bland and everything has a gray and washed out filter over it. Even the voice actors seemed very monotone throughout the game. Not to mention the whole city looked exactly the same no matter where you are. Anyone who wasn't 12 when they played this game and not blinded by nostalgia can easily see it was the worst in the series.

GTA games were never good
>>
>>383905168
he deserved it for being an attention seeking faggot.

his "review" was poor too. let me sum it up.
>hur dur it's not fun because I said so and I'm just going to ignore the objectively smart game design choices they made.
>>
>>383905448
Oh then tell me why is it appealing ?
>>
File: gta 3.jpg (171KB, 800x640px) Image search: [Google]
gta 3.jpg
171KB, 800x640px
>>383906741
I liked the "washed out filter" used in IV, the whole game had a very oppressive atmosphere to it, it gave the game a distinct look and feel, something V lacks completely.

also the best main theme song since 3

https://youtu.be/jqE8M2ZnFL8
>>
>Yo, Niko, did you call? I was in the shower and I thought I heard the phone ring...
>>
>>383906181
You couldn't use mods in GTA IV because of that either, but OpenIV is back up
>>
the one series that reviewers like to wank over more than zelda is GTA
>>
>>383908034
This, i really can't understand why it's so praised
>>
>>383903308
None of the games glorify any of that. All the main characters are nasty people whom you only sympathise with because their opponents are even worse. If you think the games glorify any of what happens in them, you must have some warped morals for them to have given you that reaction
>>
>>383902065
Honestly, V wasn't that great either. In trying to make a more realistic world, they ended up just making a really boring one.
>>
>>383907292
>also the best main theme song since 3
I hope you're not implying that VC and SA didn't also have GOAT main themes.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.