[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So first they nerfed Roadhog to the point of non-existence because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 23

File: 1497185784213.jpg (2MB, 2000x1482px)
1497185784213.jpg
2MB, 2000x1482px
So first they nerfed Roadhog to the point of non-existence because he is not fun to play against.

Now they are going after Mercy's res because that is apparently also 'unfun' to play against, according to the lowest denominator of the game. I am not sure what they are going to do. But seeing what they did to Roadhog, it is not looking good.

So what are they, the devs, going after next? Probably Mei's freeze. We have all seen the shitty memes about Mei being satan and shit like that. People in lower ranks hate Mei because she can freeze them and that is what they call unfun. So basically, Blizzard is catering to the most casual of players so they don't get frustrated when playing and coddle them to the point that they probably won't ever get better at the game.
>>
t. silver shitter
>>
>>383897862
Blizz never cared about the top player audience. Casuals bring them most money so they pander to them.
Their e-sporst scenes are non-existent and artificially kept alive by Blizz throwing money. Only real one is Hearthstone and only because they were lucky enough so there was no real competition back when it released.
Game sucks now.

I'd give Mercy a good dicking though.
>>
>>383897862
>So what are they, the devs, going after next? Probably Mei's freeze.
I highly doubt that. People have found playing against Mei unfun since her introduction, and since then Blizz actually buffed her radius and added shield piercing effect to her freeze.
>>
>governments should make laws that cater to the 1% richest
Eat shit elitist fag
>>
>Their e-sporst scenes are non-existent and artificially kept alive by Blizz throwing money.

Holy shit it's League of Legends all over again
>>
>>383898172
They also spent several patches trying to fix Roadhog and changing his gun. Then they just killed him out of nowhere.

Not sure what you are trying to say.
>>
>>383897862
When was the last time Blizzard made an actual good game / expansion?
>>
I just wanna say thanks to whoever moved that other "mercy thread" to /trash/
>>
You paid $60 for a game with 1 mode.
>>
>>383897862
Blizzard catering to casuals is nothing new. The top .5% will just adjust like they always do without complaining. It's universally understood that you play games within a specific rule set, and if you intend to keep playing you adapt to changes. If you can't, you move on.
>Mercy can no loner resurrect from spawn
Not only was this an obvious exploit, but complaining about the hotfix exposes you as a shitter within a very user friendly class. Giving invuln on res was a huge buff, and no amount of nerfs can change that.
>>
File: 1495420124978.jpg (151KB, 640x906px)
1495420124978.jpg
151KB, 640x906px
>>383897862
Mercy is my most played and I disliked the resurrect more than I ever have ever since they added unconditional invulnerability to it. It's already an unfun "fuck you" Ult while at the same time losing out to other support Ults.

I wish her Ult was more utility, like granting everyone within range CC immunity or something like that. Everything surrounding Mercy was just making it safer for her to press Q, to the point where you now press Q to shake off pulse bombs and shrug off Earthshatters.
>>
File: 1499976508828.png (151KB, 341x314px)
1499976508828.png
151KB, 341x314px
>>383897862
They made it impossible to stop and now you cant even punish her for it. Invunurability, she can move, it's instant, can be performed from fucking spawn on 90% of final points. It's the single most obnoxious ultimate in the game because you can't do anything about it most of the time.
>>
>>383897862
The thing is just that the only way to counter mercy's ress is by having a mercy of your own to counter res

It's literally the most dumb shit ever, especially with how you can just hide away and ress from behind a wall
>>
Mercy IS no fun to play against.

What the fuck is engaging about wiping out 5 members of the enemy team only to have the enemy Mercy who was hiding far away in a corner miles away from the fight leap out and revive everybody while being invuln?
>>
>>383897862
They'll probably go after reaper next I think
>>
>>383900241
>"Uuuh... Mercy dies every time she resses."
>"Well, just make her immune to dmg lol."

Ah, so this is game development.
>>
OP, this is the same community that prioritizes loot box legendary rates over new maps and game modes.

Look deep DEEP into this community and tell me its not shit
>>
>>383900331
Kill Mercy first, no problem.
>>
Blizzard can't balance, and everyone discussing Blizzard games are mongoloids. Give it up, your bait is weak.
>>
>>383900331
>be genji/tracer
>solo ult mercy
>"Ok, Mercy is dead. You can ult now Zarya."
>we win game

That was not so hard lol
>>
>>383900718
>>383900725
>only to have the enemy Mercy who was hiding far away in a corner miles away from the fight leap out and revive everybody while being invuln?

Yes, just have one person run off and play hide and seek with the fucking Mercy. What about on literal levels such as Anubis where she can Resurrect through the fucking spawn wall of Point B?
>>
>>383900725
>be genji
>solo Ult Mercy
>"Let's break it down!"
>be tracer
>solo Ult Mercy
>Zarya bubble cleanse
That's assuming you even manage to not get nuked down when you dive without making any picks.

Then again, you're talking about girlfriend Mercies that play this game once a month.
>>
>>383901023
Hello silver player. Usually Mercy just hides far away from them for that epic +40 SR ress.
>>
How is a game still a thing?
It just has enough content and depth till you reach your first prestige level.

I guess normies have no standards.
>>
>>383900725
>>383900718
Have you guys actually played against a not retarded Mercy? They don't hide around a corner three feet away from the fight, they hide so far back we're talking probably a full-length Reinhardt charge at the minimum. It is so far back that if somebody does go looking for her, they're gonna get spotted by the enemy team and killed.
>>
>>383897862
>Now they are going after Mercy's res because that is apparently also 'unfun' to play against,
Because it's completely unpunishable, if she wants to use it you have NO WAY to stop her in time
>>
>this thing is annoying 95% of the time
>ha ha well 35% of the time, in a particular comp and presuming you aren't previously targetted or spoted, you can stop that thing, so it's okay
>Blizzard: "No, that's kinda stupid. We'll probably nerf it."
>/v/: OMFG CASUALLLLSSSS ALSO WHITE GENOCIDE!

This brings me back to those old LoL threads where /v/ demanded that the new addition of whatshisface the tentacle monster HAD to be an overpowered character that SHOULD carry without effort because
>>>>>>>>>>>>LoL lore
said it was a very powerful character, and sperged the fuck out when Riot went "No, that's kinda dumb." at the community.
>>
>>383901231
There are no fun multiplayer FPS games?

I sure as fuck am not gonna play "hope you played for 10 years already and enjoy busted movement controls": The Game aka CS:GO.
>>
>>383901231

t. tf2 shitter
>>
As a Mercy main, it pisses me off, generally speaking. I don't know how many different ways to say "Kill the fucking Mercy before any engagement."

You solve the entire problem there. Mercy can barely defend herself, with a slow projectile based, slow rate of fire, 20 damage per shot pistol. Meanwhile, Lucio can boop enemies away from him or speed boost away, Ana can sleep and heal block, Zenyatta can discord and then rack damage on headshots with high damaging orbs. Mercy's only legitimate option is to Guardian Angel to a teammate who would be able to protect her. If you don't have a teammate within the range, or they're behind an obstacle, you're dead. It is the only hero in the game that when singled out, is countered by every single other hero in the game.

I do think that spawn resurrects are bullshit though.
>>
There's nothing you can do about a Mercy on the last point of any non-koth map.

If you're attacking, you will never stop a mercy from walking out of spawn and hitting Q.

If you're defending, you'll never have the resources to send one person off the point to go find wherever the Mercy is hiding.
>>
>>383901365
>see her fly-hop to a group of dead teammates
>shoot her before she gets there
>problem solved
It's a casual game and you're still shit at it, good job
>>
>>383901374
There's R6S I guess, although it might not be your thing if you wanted a casual multiplayer FPS.

>>383901413
I probably played less TF2 than Overwatch.
>>
>>383900919
>What about on literal levels such as Anubis where she can Resurrect through the fucking spawn wall of Point B?
Literally fixed in PTR. Can't rez from spawn.
>>
>>383899521
Winter Throne to Warcraft 3
>>
>>383901484
This. For me, Mercy mains are generally free wins. First time I got Grand-master this season because of all the Mercy mains. I just kill them and bam, ezpz rating.
>>
>>383901374
this
>>
>>383900148
But I got it for free from a friend He has autism and bought me it so I can play it with him.
>>
Ive not played this shit game in a while. What the fuck did they do to hog that everyone is so worked up about?
>>
>>383901525
>>shoot her before she gets there
>Gets first hit on her
>Immediately mashes Q and is now invulnerable
>Still probably caught atleast 2 in the radius

Fuck off you clearly don't play.
>>
>>383899521
Journey to Un'Goro
>>
>>383901484
>"Kill the fucking Mercy before any engagement."
>Go for Mercy before engaging anyone else
>Flies into her team
>Oh shit the rest of the team's still alive
>dogpile whoever was actually about to touch her.
>>
>>383901525
>shoot her before she gets there
>she presses q and gets instant invulnerability
>still resurects her whole team
>>
>>383900148
baiiiiiit
>>
>>383901628
He can't install kill 200hp units with the hook and shoot combo. It gun does shoot faster though
>>
>>383901746
>kill her as soon as she is on her way back, because she can't defend herself solo
Wow, what a broken character, she really does need a nerf, huh?
>>
File: 1484284984418.jpg (145KB, 1280x720px)
1484284984418.jpg
145KB, 1280x720px
>Roadhog is a giant ult battery that has an 8 second cooldown hook that usually results in an instakill, winning a fight against him often being easy if you don't get hooked and rewarding you with a shit ton of ult meter
>fighting him, especially after Hook 2.0, meant making use of cover, and understanding positioning relative to him, don't get too close, know your range
>completely remove his insta-kill because "it's not fun to fight against"

>Widowmaker is a character that can instakill every 2 seconds, that is completely unfun to fight against unless you're playing one of her direct counters like Winston and killing her means you specifically have to leave your team to do so
>fighter her is near impossible without going on a big flank to get to her high ground, or changing heroes to a very specific few to deal with her, making her incredibly unfun to fight
>on top of this she promotes lone wolf play which a game like Overwatch shouldn't do, and teaches players awful mentalities ("who uses monkey in QP", "don't interrupt the sniper duel")
>will remain in the game forever because sniper instakill characters are not only a standard but also very popular
>>
>>383901774
>hurr they nurf him hook kombo xDD

No, they nerfed his dmg by 33%. Who cares if his 'overall DPS' is the same when healers can just heal. Fuck, he is pretty much the lowest damage dealing hero in the game right now.
>>
>>383901130
>Boast about taking down shitter Mercies in shitter teams
>Calls other silver
Ok.
>>
>>383901920
Honestly, Widow isnt that big of a problem because shield and Genji, winston, D.VA.

Hanzo is more obnoxious. He can insta-kill Zarya and Orisa with 1 ability. Not even Roadhog was able to do that.
>>
800 hours on Mercy top 500/gm here. on ps4 w/e fuck you

I HATE THE FUCKING REZ. I hate having it so fucking much. It's so so so much more fun playing Mercy when my rez isn't ready. Hiding with my rez is the most stressful unfun thing imaginable...for both sides. It needs a rework not just a nerf.

I honestly don't know what Blizz can do here but I would rather Mercy was only able to rez 1 player more often than being a walking easy to kill counter team wipe.
>>
>>383897862
News flash, every fourth character having an ability that stops you from playing the game in an FPS is pretty unfun. You'd think Blizzard would have learned from TF2's Sandman that people despise having control of their character taking away, but instead they let a quarter of the roster do it.

Flashbang, hook, freeze, beartrap, sleep, Pinned, Knocked Down. Am I missing any? That's at least one character from every role being able to stop you from playing.
>>
>>383901961
>he doesn't know about the literal thousands of players that abuse the Mercy SR boost system
>>
File: 1471734330403.jpg (15KB, 246x216px)
1471734330403.jpg
15KB, 246x216px
>it's only QP, who cares

>it's only arcade, who cares

>I only play comp for fun, it's just a game, who cares
>>
Mercy is a one trick pony. Once her rez is used, she will not prevent a team wipe.

Casuals will be casuals. You combo 2 ults, like zar/hanzo, sombra/soldier, that type of shit. Most sitters will have a team blow ALL ults at once. I can't tell you how many games were saved by having a reaper hold his ult, let enemy mercy rez, and then sending them right back to DIE.
>>
>>383902192
So what's the alternative? Seems like you just want every fps to be counter strike.
>>
>>383901338
If she's that far away, she isn't healing.

Get kills with picks instead of a 5 man wipe and save ults.

t. A gold player, though could be diamond if wasn't in Elo hell
>>
>>383897862
If they're going to nerf anything for rez I'd like to reduce the invincibility of the people being rez'd. If DVA can lose all of her health going back into her mech then heroes being rez'd can be shot while the animation is going.
>>
>>383902454
Lucio is a one trick pony, once his sound barrier is used, he will not prevent a team wipe.
Zenyatta is a one trick pony, one his transcendence is used, he will not prevent a team wipe.
Ana is a one trick pony, one she has used her biotic grenade, she will not prevent a team wipe.
>>
>>383902483
Design characters that can be effective without a fourth of them being able to completely remove your ability to play the game? It's just lazy. Just because a bunch of characters don't have two buttonpress combos doesn't mean the game is homogenized like Counter-Strike. Team Fortress did it fine, they're even reworking the Sandman for the next update.
>>
>>383902676
That wouldn't be a fallacy, would it, anon?
>>
>>383902676
They all secondary abilities that let them be useful outside their ult.
>>
>>383903000
Oh you mean like damage boosting and amplifying any other characters abilities? Ffs
>>
>>383897862
I enjoy your statement that its only lower level brackets that have a problem with Res and not everyone all the way up to the top fucking 500 hates having to deal with Mercy mains. If anything this is a fix to dump all the one trick Mercys out of GM and back into Bronze where they belong.
>>
Blizzard way of buffing
>Lets do a lot of retarded shit then add cooldowns to thing
Valve way of buffing
>Let make the timing and situational specifics tighter

Just kys you fucking cuck. Anyone that expected a tight competitive game out of blizzard is a literal retard, or as close to a retard as one can be.
>>
>>383902676
Lucio can still heal more than Mercy in an AoE
Ana can still hard CC someone for 8 seconds, and buff someone without needing to follow them around.
Zenyatta can still heal, and damage amplify at the same time, from much further away than mercy.
Mercy is a useless piece of trash outside of her ult.
>>
>>383901920
Roadhog
>Easy to use, retarded hit box instant kill you can't avoid if the roadhog sees you and isn't absolute garbage

Widow
>Tiny hit scan, has to headshot you, can't really do anything damage otherwise and will get destroyed if she misses
>>
>>383904021
>will get destroyed if she misses
That's Roadhog. Widow is on a roof across the map.
>>
File: 1496338905745.jpg (463KB, 2000x1400px)
1496338905745.jpg
463KB, 2000x1400px
>>383897862

They literally balance around bronze.
>>
>>383904441
But you can't miss with roadhog if you aren't garbage
>>
>>383903279
>blizzard can't make a tight, competitive game
>made the 2 tightest, most competitive games in history

Starcraft says hi
>>
>>383900203
She really should have Zenyatta ult but w/e
>>
>>383904574
That's not current Blizzard
>>
>>383904720
>legacy of the void is the best sc2 has ever been

It's just that Overwatch is a casual game, so they balance it for casual players
>>
File: IMG_2740.png (16KB, 917x1186px)
IMG_2740.png
16KB, 917x1186px
What happened to Mercy?
>>
>caring about balance in a shitty casual game

anyone who played wow back when it was good can tell you that blizzard doesnt care about hardcore/pro players, and will fuck them over at every single opportunity

they only care about casuals, as they are all about the profit, they have no higher principles than that, they are literally a money/marketing machine at this point, riding off the back of a reputation they no longer deserve
>>
>>383905034
They wanna nerf her ult.

I'm hoping rather than an outright nerf they tweak it or change it to something else, maybe a large radius shi- oh wait, Lucio... Ok well maybe she can do massive overflow healing in an are- oh wait, Zenyatta.... Well she could always just amp up someone's damage like her right cl- oh wait... Orisa AND Ana...
>>
>>383902141
The whole game would be a lot more fun if the Ultimates either didn't exist, or were toned down significantly and made into another normal Skill.
Ultimates are a shit mechanic. Even COD players have to work for their Killstreaks and most Streaks aren't even that strong; Overwatch Ultimates just eventually come to you and they're the only real gamechangers.
>>
>kill Mercy
>team stalls
>team fails just in time for res
>PotG is Mercy walking, then gliding to a corpse and resurrecting
>>
Someone with the easiest kit has the most powerful ult in game

Op you forgot they cater to those who can't play, and the pro players. They don't care about the middle
>>
>>383901365
>>383900241
>>383900326
The problem with this argument is that mercy in her current state is considered the weakest of the healers

If they're going to nerf the res, shouldnt they need to buff something else, or are people like you just content she joins roadhog in the dumpster?
>>
>>383898120
This
>>
>>383905583
Yes

Fuck mercy, she's the least interesting character in the game designwise. Literally there so that you can queue up for a game with your girlfriend who never touched vidya before without automatically losing.

Your next response is "but muh positioning", positioning is key for every hero in the game you dunce
>>
>>383902141
I hate that fan art because what is so difficult about hiding, and flying in for rez
>>
>>383905394
>>383905536

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7mIx9j1h04

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>383905583
People have been asking for Mercy buffs for close to a year, now. Only team-oriented buffs she's received since Ana's introduction was her hps being raised, everything else were just selfish buffs to make her survive better, which was not the underlying problem with the hero.

People have been asking for a utility E for ages, but Blizz is set on making her a pure healer in a game where utility healers have consistently had top pick rates.
>>
>>383905130
Read your post, and then be ashamed
>>
>>383902676
>Lucio is a one trick pony
Lol no, Lucio's Speed Boost and sound blast are extremely effective, Sound Barrir is also a lot better than Resurrect since it keeps players alive and allows them to do shit while being virtually invincible.
>Zenyatta is a one trick pony
lol no, Zenyatta is an Offense character disguised as Support, he has damage output that helps the whole team and can fight while still passively healing an ally. Transcendence is also really good because it keeps players alive and allows them to do shit while virtually invincible.
>Ana is a one trick pony
lol no, Ana can outheal everyone else from a safe distance, can completely shut down an enemy player for a hell of a long time with the dart, can simultaneously buff and weaken with her grenade, and Nana Boost lets one player go fucking nuts on the enemy.

Mercy has one-person-at-a-time healing in which she needs to be right next to the ally and can ONLY do that, unable to defend herself while still healing. Mercy's Resurrect brings everyone dead back up but nothing more beyond that. Since they're all fucking dead, that 90% of the time means that the whole enemy team is right there on top of the corpses, so they're just going to fuck them up a second time. Her Blaster is mediocre, her Damage Boost is worthless, and Guardian Angel only works if there are allies in spots opportune for Mercy, which is rare.

Mercy is only good for babysitting bronze rank players and a few areas on select maps where a resurrect is actually useful. Any higher than Gold and you're better off with any other Support.
>>
>>383905825
I'm not even going to bother lol
>>
>>383905892
Read your post, and realise what a waste of space it is. Congrats on saying nothing.
>>
>>383905130
You are fucking stupid. MMOs like Everquest and WoW (and even recent shooter MMOs like Division and Destiny) went to shit BECAUSE Blizzard listened to the hardcore players who were the loudest 1% forum crybabies that just wanted to do more Raids and PvP garbage, making the rest of the game suffer because of "muh pvp balance".
>>
>>383897862
>Have a fun game
>Kill it with retarded balancing choices
Roadhog didn't need the nerf and mercy doesn't either. The biggest complaint about Mercy involves how SR gains work, not her kit. The rez change is annoying, but she's pretty shit outside of her ult.
>>
>Blizzard is catering to the most casual of players so they don't get frustrated when playing and coddle them to the point that they probably won't ever get better at the game.
No shit you fucking moron it's effectively a moba.
Individual skill means 1/1000th of what meta-balancing patches do.
>>
File: 1499836152570.jpg (44KB, 484x534px)
1499836152570.jpg
44KB, 484x534px
>Oh no they're taking away my free pass to grandmaster by slightly nerfing her ult in some way oh god help me
>>
>>383906202
Not the other guy but you realize you contributed nothing except bumping just as I am right now
>>
File: 1473217472095.png (2MB, 2800x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1473217472095.png
2MB, 2800x3000px
So how could you tweak Mercy's ult without utterly crippling her since she's already the weakest healer without her extremely potent ultimate, or tweak the other healers without castrating them to make Mercy's default kit more viable?
>>
>used to get that great rush of martyrdom when rezzing my whole team, then dying
>now I get nothing
>>
>>383897862
>Wanting the removal of 1-button press get-out-of-jail-free cards and unfun mechanics
>Casual
I think you may be confused. Mei's freeze just makes the game easier for her, it's not exactly hard to W+M1 someone. Roadhog not being able to OHKO is fantastic-- no one should be able to do that without an ult. Why bother shooting when you can just hook people? I hope we see D.Va's shield, Mei's ice block, Tracer's rewind, and more get nerfed to hell. It's fantastic that Blizzard actually seems to notice these for crappy mechanics they are.
>>
Nerf hanzo
nerf hanzo

NERF HANZO
>>
>>383906884
Honestly, all Hanzo really needs is to nerf how much damage he can do at close range. Make the arrow need to fly a certain distance before it reaches its maximum damage potential.

That way you can cut down on weeb McCree/Reaper antics.
>>
>>383897862
Changing her ult to anything that isn't res would be a massive improvement if only because it would make Mercy mains actually fucking heal their team instead of waiting away from the team for a 5 man res.
>>
>>383897862
Daily reminder if you play games that cater to shitters and complain you're as bad as they are. Just move onto better shit that only listens to pro/veteran complaints if they listen to outside sources at all.
>>
>>383906683
>weakest healer
Literally heals people the fastest and her pistol is pretty strong too
>>
>>383898120
This. From a business point of view, why could you prioritize the top .001% of players over most of the people playing your game? Keep the casuals happy and playing and you sell more copies of the game and plenty of lootboxes.
>>
>>383907337
Yes, by the numbers she's not bad.

The issue is that literally every other healer is better, and all she has going for her is her ult.
>>
File: 1486614790201.jpg (8KB, 201x201px)
1486614790201.jpg
8KB, 201x201px
>>383902497
>>
>>383907337
Um no Ana heals the fastest and using your pistol as Mercy in higher ranks is throwing the game.
>>
>>383902497
I climbed from gold to diamond and I started playing overwatch this season.

If you're stuck in gold it's because you belong there.
>>
>mfw I just got to 2998 and my emblem is still plat
How the fuck did I only get 16 points for the win, are you shitting me Blizzard
>>
Mercy's biggest issue like others have said, is that she has a pretty low skill floor like Lucio, which makes her easy to use effectively, but at the same time, once you get to high level play, she, more than any other OW character, suffers from diminishing returns.

Once you're playing with people that can use Lucio's speed boost, manage Zenyatta's orbs, or just aim consistently with Ana, and aren't playing with people that think "being healed = invincibility" there isn't really much for her to do unless you just really want to follow a Pharah around.

Shit, as long as you can maintain line of sight even Zenyatta could do that better.
>>
>>383901613
fucking aye
You're nice for doing that man
>>
>>383897862
>tfw yoi're the reason mercy has semi-fallen out of meta in pro matches without needing a nerf

H A C K E D
>>
>>383901930
>A tank deals low damage
What was Blizzard thinking?
>>
>>383907337
Ana heals faster
Zenyatta heals from further away, can increase damage, heal allies, and damage enemies at the same time
Lucio heals in an AoE constantly, and brings the most utility of any hero in the game.
>>
>when you're playing monkey and the enemy reaper is fucking psychic
No matter where I jumped, he was there to greet me.
I've never felt so helpless in my life.
>>
>>383897862
>Just kill Mercy first
>DON'T TELL ME WHAT I HAVE TO DO YOU RACIST SEXIST XENOPHOBIC DRUMPF SUPPORTER
>MERCY IS OP AND NEEDS A NERF BECAUSE SHE TRIGGERS MY FIFTHS GENDER
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (28KB, 480x360px)
hqdefault.jpg
28KB, 480x360px
>>383908921
STUPID MONKEY
>>
>>383901874
>just get behind enemies lines and sit at their spawn, it's ez lol
>>
>>383901920
Widowmaker
>Has to aim

That's the difference.
99% of Widows are fucking garbage to the point that people roll their eyes when someone picks her.
Any retard was able to pick up Streetpig and get kills left and right which resulted in all the complaints.

Not defending the nerf. It was way too harsh, but its obvious why one was changed and not the other.
>>
>>383907428
>and all she has going for her is her ult.
and Pharmercy
>>
>>383909142
Are you trying to make a point or were you attempting to be funny?
>>
File: 1499694458817.gif (876KB, 440x420px)
1499694458817.gif
876KB, 440x420px
>>383909142
>>>/pol/
>>
Just make her res take significantly longer to charge

bam, fixed
>>
>>383909383
>>>r/gaming
>>
>>383906884
Rework or replace scatter. It's fucking stupid.
>>
>>383909548
If you're the guy he was trying to you need to spend less time on the internet. That post was idiotic. And it wasn't even funny. It wasn't even /pol/ honestly. It was just shit.
>>
>>383909142
what
>>
>>383908534
>takes the most damage
>deals the least
Amazing hero
>>
Only low tier shitters think mercy is op. The real reason she needs nerfed is because she's too easy to play. Try getting to high masters or GM on PC and wait until you get into a lobby with more than one mercy main on your team lol

Ive seen players that were low silver last season that are now GM or even top 500 this season because they started maining mercy.

She basically lets you climb to the highest ranks of overwatch without actually learning how to play the game
>>
>>383909360
Pharmercy works well, but at the same time, Pharah has high damage output on her own, and can comfortably kill a lot of the cast while still being able to synergize decently with Zen or Ana.
>>
>>383909847
I wasn't aware we were talking about D.va here.
>>
>>383897862
Mercy's problem is that so much power is packed into her ul that it's impossible for it to be low impact.

You either kill mercy first and win the team fight or she survives and you lose.
>>
>>383900148
>complaining about being unable to switch to 3rd person mode except in rare situations

This isn't GTA
>>
Make a healer unfun to play, where there are like 4 healer in the game.
>>
>>383909658
J U S T
U
M
P

IT'S NOT THAT HARD
>>
>>383898120
>Blizz never cared about the top player audience
What?! Blizzard released entire expansions that focused on high level raiding, that the average person wouldn't be able to beat until the next expansion.

It sure wasn't casual pandering that caused millions of people to leave the game.
>>
Rez is different than roadhogs hook because rez actually has no counterplay other than hounding down and killing mercy repeatedly so she cant build ulti

however blizzard sucks dick so they will probably do the wrong move and just ruin Mercy entirely instead of adding more counterplay vs it to the game like they should
>>
File: doktor.png (1MB, 850x1045px)
doktor.png
1MB, 850x1045px
>>383906683
Instead of resurrecting allies, she channels all of her nanomachines into her muscles and gun. By turning off her pain inhibitors she becomes a killing machine. No Mercy.
>>
>>383909431

And actual fix would be to change her kit

Change Rez to a team invulnerability ult that functions like sound barrier, like 3-4 seconds of full damage blocking. And so that the ult isn't just sound barrier but better, apply base speed boost and healing aura to everyone with the sound barrier shield on them for its duration.

move resurrection over as a bonus passive where she can resurrect a single fallen player at a time by interacting with their soul uninterrupted for like 4 seconds. This way she can revive if other players ignore her but otherwise wouldn't be able to revive in a team fight
>>
>>383901920
>Complaining about Widow
>Pigman still has a higher winrate than her
>Relatively similar pickrate, too
>Similar K:D ratio
>Hog gets more medals on average

>Widowmaker requires you to know what the fuck you're doing to get kills
>Roadhog requires you run the game at 15fps and own a mouse
Fucking off yourself, retard.
>>
>>383897862
Overwatch was NOT designed to be fun, or reward skilled players or anything else a video game should do. Everything about the game was designed to keep Reddit happy, and I'm not even strawmanning muh leddit boogieman, you can go on there and say you think Pharah should get a BFG and a shotgun and if enough retards agree the next update she becomes Doomguy.

Overwatch is the perfect example of how to take the best game in a long time and completely destroy everything good about it within the first 5 months. After the McCree nerf near the launch the game was perfect, and instead of rolling with that Bliz now does a OP broken hero of the month while nerfing everyone else.

This is a game where tanks don't have enough health to tank, healers can't heal enough, support (anna and symmetra) do more damage than DPS, and literally no one picks tanks and healers because of this. Every match is 3 snipers and the rest attackers.
>>
>>383910704
This sounds awful.
>>
>>383898028
This.
If you're complaining about a potential nerf to mercy, you're a fucking shitter. Mercy isn't even that problematic, the invulnerable rez is moderately annoying but she's shit other than that. Skill less hero.
>>
>>383910754
is this an old copypasta?
>>
>>383910482
>lmao just predict 8 arrows
>>
>Sombra's ult needs line of sight, all it does it hack and break shields
>Mercy's ult can go through walls, it revives everyone at 100% HP
Really makes you think, huh?
>>
>>383905825
>Pharah
Opinion discarded
>>
>>383910978
Imagine if they didn't res to 100%
>fighting enemy team
>everyone dies
>res
>bastion gets teamkill potg because no one has health
>>
>>383903279
>Valve way of buffing
>Once a year break everything
>>
>>383901231
what the fuck is a prestige level
>>
>>383903279
>Valve
>Good balancing
Righteous bison.jpg
>>
>>383910796

Better then Lmao Rez from spawn.

Mercy should at least require some skill to use, taking a little power from her ult and moving it to a part of her kit as an ability you could use with help from a rein or orisa is better for game balance. And this way her ult would be a reactive counter ult with a potential for early use initiation like zen and Lucio which requires at least a little strategy in use.
>>
File: 1489672336171.png (387KB, 500x500px)
1489672336171.png
387KB, 500x500px
>>383910754
>Everything about the game was designed to keep Reddit happy

>After the McCree nerf near the launch the game was perfect, and instead of rolling with that Bliz now does a OP broken hero of the month while nerfing everyone else.

>mfw he's right

I loved this game 2 months ago but it's so sad now
>>
>>383910441
>implying mercy is fun to play
>>
>>383911286
when you get to level 100 you get a little star and start over
>>
>>383911542
Pretty much.

The hog nerf alongside the reaper buff was the nail in coffin for me.

I don't even play the hog, but seeing them just fucking rail a character decent players have no problem dealing with because of just people whining just made me lose motivation to invest in this game.
>>
>>383910978
Are you joking me. it actually needs line of sight

What the fuck
>>
File: 1488861885958.png (593KB, 707x1000px)
1488861885958.png
593KB, 707x1000px
My idea is to let Mercy self resurrect at 75% charge so she can stay in the fight and heal her team. I'm not a fan of hide and seek mercy, so letting her stay in the fight longer would be better. When she resurrects she'd lose all of her charge of course.
>>
If you think Blizzard only balances for casuals, what would be some balance changes for pros? People love to complain without offering any solutions. Pros should be skilled enough to adapt to the game.
>>
>>383911894
>I don't play Roadhog
>I can tell he got fucked though because reddit told me so

Thankfully you quit the game so there will be one less retard in it.
>>
File: 1478792212379.jpg (18KB, 252x233px)
1478792212379.jpg
18KB, 252x233px
>>383897862
Good. Also: fuck you.

Here's a couple of novel ideas.
Firstly: Overwatch is a shit game. Blizzard doesn't understand how to make anything beyond a pure Skinner box at this point, let alone an actually fun game. Hearthstone, World of Warcraft, Diablo 3, Heroes of the fucking Storm. It's all trash, because they haven't actually innovated at all beyond new variants of the World of Warcraft level-up animation.
Secondly, Mercy is definitively one of the reasons that Overwatch is shit. You could immediately improve the quality of the game as both an FPS and a '''''''e-sport''''''' by simply deleting Mercy, along with every other healer and tank. The ONLY reason not to do this, is because you're actually playing Overwatch for the extended roster of sluts instead of the gameplay. Without 500 million layers of shield and regenerating health, the only way to win would be to git gud. The tank and heal half of the roster was probably invented by Blizzard's marketing dept. so that casuals don't die long enough to press Q and can feel accomplished in the periods between pushing their tits together for their Twitch audience or taking bong rips.
>>
>mfw mercy mains find out she gets nerfed in the ptr like hog did
>>
File: 1499973174739.jpg (67KB, 640x559px)
1499973174739.jpg
67KB, 640x559px
>>383912483
>too bad plebbit cried for and suddenly flip flopped on the nerf as soon as it went to ptr
>>
>>383897862
Can't wait for the mercy nerf, solo queue and mmr reset so I don't have to see you shitters on my GM games.
>>
File: 1463938454378.png (113KB, 400x287px)
1463938454378.png
113KB, 400x287px
>worthless shitters main mercy to get ez ranks
>it's becoming such a plague that you sometimes get 2, 3, even 4 mercy mains on your team in comp
>they'll either fight over who gets mercy
>or just act like they can play whoever and then turn out to be dumpster tier at anything that requires aim or awareness
>mfw they nerf mercy into useless tier and these shitters derank to silver where they belong
>>
>>383912153
I don't know, I need Seagull to say something about balance so I can back him 100% about it
Thread posts: 167
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.