[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Borrowed my friend's unused PSP What the fuck do I play?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (241KB, 3000x1688px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
241KB, 3000x1688px
Borrowed my friend's unused PSP
What the fuck do I play?
Are the portable Ace Combats any good?
Is the MonHun Portable 3rd too outdated?
>>
1. Disgaea
2. The underwhelming Valkyria Chronicles sequel
3. The Killzone tactics game
>>
>>383896657
Life is too short for handheld games.

Throw it in the garbage or be spineless and kindly return it to him so that you can enable your friend's time being wasted.
>>
>>383896854
I have at least 50 total minutes of transit on every weekday.
>>
Ace Combat X is pretty great. It's short, but it has lots of mission variety and is worth a few replays.
Ace Combat JA is worse but worth trying if you liked X.

Also, Outrun 2006 is the comfiest arcade racing game on the planet and it fits perfectly on a portable. Just make sure to overclock so you can get a decent framerate.
>>
>>383896657
Freedom United is better than 3rd
>>
>>383896854
Other way around. Handheld games feel like the only ones that respect your time nowadays.
>>
>>383896789
>3. The Killzone tactics game
Fuck yeah, Killzone Liberation was great.

If you want some crazy arcadey goodness OP, grab Pursuit Force. The Ace Combats were alright but they feel weird on the PSP's controller config.
>>
>>383896657

I've got a bunch of stuff on my PSP at the moment that i'm really enjoying, in no particular order...

Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker
Tactics Ogre
Final Fantasy Tactics
Persona 3 Portable
The Legend of Heroes Trail in the Sky
Harvest Moon Boy & Girl
Gladiator Begins
Jeanne D'Arc
Monster Hunter Portable 3rd
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Grand Theft Auto China Town Wars
Loco Roco Series
Patapon Series
Valkyria Chronicles 2
Castlevania Symphony of the Night
GBA Emulator with Advance Wars, Fire Emblem, Final Fantasy Tactics, Metroid Zero etc
>>
>>383897112
FU with fixed hitboxes would be perfect.
>>
>>383897485
I never knew Symphony of the Night was ported onto the PSP. Wish Sony would port it to PS4 or at least get released on PC
>>
>>383897723
I'm not sure if it's available standalone as a downloadable PS1 title, but it's included as a bonus in the somewhat-sucky Castlevania X Chronicles (which also includes a superior version of Rondo of Blood, the game it's remaking)
>>
>>383897723

PSP natively plays PS1 games.
>>
>>383897830
>natively
It's emulation.
>>
I'd recommend going through the vsrecommendedgames PS1 titles. I can specifically recommend Crash Team Racing, the Spyro trilogy, Gran Turismo 2, and the Tomb Raider trilogy. If turn-based nipponese adventures get you hard then you'll be in heaven too.

Valkyria Chronicles, Houkago Live, Initial D, and Portable Ops are the only actual PSP games I've enjoyed so far. Oh, and Harvey Birdman, but that's as niche as they come.
>>
>>383897882
He means it doesn't require any third-party software.
It also plays everything fullspeed.
>>
>>383897882

No shit it's emulation, but it still natively plays PS1 games out of the box without the need for any third party emulator you sperg.
>>
>>383897918
>It also plays everything fullspeed.
Crash Team Racing runs at a noticeably lower framerate than it does on a PS1.
>>
>>383897995

But it doesn't?
>>
Check out Kenka Bancho Badass Rumble. Pretty fun 3d beatemup with a great setting.
>>
File: Quark.png (151KB, 474x311px) Image search: [Google]
Quark.png
151KB, 474x311px
>>383898097
I've seen it with my own eyes. It dips more often and it dips harder.
It's even worse when you're doing multiplayer on the PSTV (different console I'm aware, but POPS still runs the same since it's fundamentally using the same hardware). The framerate easily dips into the 10s there, while on console I've only seen it go as low as 20.
POPS does not run as well as a real PS1 in all cases.
>>
>>383896657
Megaman maverick hunter x
Megaman powered up
Ultimate Ghost 'n goblins
valkyrie profile Lenneth
Yggdra Union
Knights in the nightmare
Gungnir
ys seven/chronicles/oath in felghana
Star ocean First departure/Second Evolution
Dissidia: Final fantasy
Castlevania Dracula x chronicles
Breath of fire 3
>>
>>383898335

The fuck are you on about? If anything CTR runs BETTER on PSP than PS1.

I've literally never seen it dip into "10's", even without overclocking my PSP.
>>
>>383898793
>I've literally never seen it dip into "10's", even without overclocking my PSP.
Read the post again. I haven't seen that either.
Also you can't overclock, POPS runs at the max clockspeeds of 333/166MHz by default.
>>
Is SNES emulation still fucked?
>>
>>383900759
It literally never will not be.

It's still passable if you're using a 2000/3000/Go and not playing a chip game.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.