[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Koei Tecmo producer: "Western audience value better graphics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

AL: The western release of Samurai Warriors: Spirit of Sanada does not include the PS3 and PS Vita versions of the game. What are your thoughts on releasing games for these two systems in the west?

OM: We sense that the western audience anticipates a higher quality game in terms of visual graphics more than the Japanese audience, so that is part of the reason of releasing the game on PS4 and Steam in the west. Releasing games on the PS3 and PS Vita will depend on the demand from the audience, but we also hope to take on the challenge of developing games for new gaming platforms as well.

http://www.dualshockers.com/samurai-warriors-spirit-of-sanada-interview/
>>
It's a bullshit answer because the Nintendo Switch is selling well. Despite that being a piece of shit mobile tech that runs it's OS at 720p. The entire Switch UI is native 720p and upscaled from there, the fucking PS3 can render it's OS UI at 1080p native.
>>
>>383896478
>They actually think PS4/PC = good graphics
How about focus on good gameplay first?
>>
>>383896478
Nobody gonna buy the same game 4th time. Especially same musou game.
>>
File: minecraft-hero.df1112867f04.jpg (119KB, 1170x500px) Image search: [Google]
minecraft-hero.df1112867f04.jpg
119KB, 1170x500px
>>383896478
The western audience is very large and some like pretty graphics more than others.

Anyway, I wouldn't take that statement to much to heart, the point of it was "we're not spending money porting a version something we're fairly sure won't sell." even if the "why" was a bit poorly articulated. Probably put on the spot kinda deal.
>>
>>383900084
Madden alone disproves this.
>>
>>383897819
Wow. So that makes one thing the ps3 can render in 1080p!
>>
>>383896478
That doesn't explain the populaity of games like Minecraft and Battlegrounds, and the latter looks like shit even on max settings despite running under UE4.
>>
>>383897819
Nothing you wrote made any sense at all.
>>
File: 1413286280373.png (232KB, 897x546px) Image search: [Google]
1413286280373.png
232KB, 897x546px
>>383896478
the west also values not shit pc ports, koei tecmo
>>
>>383896478
As a Musou fan i still recognize i this shit for the cash in it is and ima give it a skip. Literally just sw3 but they give yukimura a beard. Gonna wait for the next DW and see what it do
>>
But is he honestly wrong though? Most western studios always try to make the best most realistic looking, openworld games.
And a lot of players will write a game off for not looking good. Remember the old BotW threads that happened 50 times a day baiting at how bad the graphics looked? Saying things like "horizon will blow this out of the water" simply because of its visuals.

Theres also tons of shops in Japan that still sell games from 20+ years ago. Most Japanese people could care less about what a game looks like as long as it's fun and plays well. And while you could try and argue that westerns are the same, you could just take a look at any non-gamer aand theyll always immedately point out graphics because that's all they see and care about.
>>
>>383896478
Koei Tecmo is literally the incarnation of everything wrong in the Japanese gaming industry
>repetitive gameplay
>overextended fanservice (see Zelda, Fire Emblem Fates Warriors)
>bad graphics and bad optimization
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.