[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have Japanese console games got their momentum back? The previous

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: JapaneseGames.jpg (1MB, 1500x2100px) Image search: [Google]
JapaneseGames.jpg
1MB, 1500x2100px
Have Japanese console games got their momentum back? The previous gen was a bit mixed, but this year and future releases lined up (plus unnamed games from Itsuno and From Software) show its definitely making a come back.
>>
In comparison to Western AAA efforts? Yes.
>>
>>383896462
The only ones most people will have heard of there are final fantasy, zelda, tekken and maybe the last guardian.

Most are still literally who tier if you're asking whether they've become popular
>>
Yes
Missing in this pic: Akiba's Beat, Samurai Warriors 4-II, Nights of Azure 2 and FF Type-0
>>
>>383896621
Type-0 came out 2 years ago, so I chose games that have come out since late last year or,in the case of Yakuza, games that a getting western releases after that.

For earlier games could of put in Bloodborne, MGSV, DSIII, Xenoblade CX etc
>>
>>383896462
It's not that the Japs got better, it's that the west got (even) shittier.
I can't think of a single Western game worth looking forward to other than RDR2.
>>
Jap games were consistently good during the last gen - they're just getting more attention now that there's a vacuum in the absence of 'the next big thing' like Call of Duty.
>>
>>383897641
I agree about quality. Though release pace was a bit uneven and was overcast by the narrative of 'decline'
>>
>>383896462
Yes. They got it back due to them saying "Gee, we don't need to cater to the west, because the people in the west that are buying are games, like what we were doing before".
>>
>>383896571
So much shit taste in such a tiny post.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.