[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

With the The Evil Within 2 just around the corner, is it worth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 10

File: header.jpg (36KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
36KB, 460x215px
With the The Evil Within 2 just around the corner, is it worth buying the first one?, i would be picking it up on PC, is it capped at 30 fps and does it control well?
>>
If you care about the story at all playijng the first one is probably mandatory

PC version got an update for 60 fps but if you got it on console you're SOL

It doesn't control well at all.
>>
No for the full price. Download demo and see for all settings yourself.
>>
>>383889474
From the technical side it has been patched pretty well and controls flawless, I enjoyed it for the combat.
>>
>>383889474
Mikami lied about coming back to the roots, TEW is a clone of Resident Evil 4. If you liked RE4 you'll enjoy The Evil Within.
>>
>>383889591
>>383889651
hmmmmm whos telling the truth... that footage looks pretty good to me

>>383889602
The demo is big download, and iv'e slow internet. If i'm downloading it, i'm downloading full game.

>>383889753
Never played Resi4
>>
>>383889838
>The demo is big download
What? Demo is like 8gigs, full game is DUDE 50gigs LMAO
>>383889651
And /v/ hate this game. What a shame.
>>
>>383889838
Me.
>>
>>383889957
Oh, I thought it was much bigger. Pretty sure it's 30 gig and 50 gig unpacked.
>>
>>383889957
Don't forget this place is visited by a lot of casual babbys, they probably didn't even make it past the village segment.
>>
The game is fantastic.
Get it OP, I played it a month ago and had a lot of fun.

The first enemy encounter is a really awkward stealth section with a chainsaw man that really doesn't reflect the full game, just slog through it and you'll get to the good stuff.
Also disable the letterboxing (black bars) which are for some reason enabled by default.
>>
File: 1497845444866m.jpg (68KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1497845444866m.jpg
68KB, 1024x576px
Leslie...? Lesssslieee...
>>
>>383889957
if you dont care about pirating there is a 15 gb repack with all the dlc

its still 50gb installed though
>>
>buying idtech 5 trash
>>
File: catpower.jpg (41KB, 600x791px) Image search: [Google]
catpower.jpg
41KB, 600x791px
>>383889474
>Convoluted story
>The only thing difficult about the harder modes is the inconsistent ammo and matchstick drops.
>You don't use stealth after the first hour of gameplay, which makes it's inclusion completely pointless.

That being said, it's a fun game. Worth at least one play through.
>>
>>383891393
*insert picture of disgusted rat*
>>
Okay, should I just pirate it?
>>
Does the game play well on kbm?
>>
>>383891609
>You don't use stealth after the first hour of gameplay, which makes it's inclusion completely pointless

That's because Shinji didn't want stealth he wanted it to be pure action like RE4 but Beth forced the team to include stealth for some casual reason. Thankfully it was dropped pretty quick but then the asshole in charge of TEW2 brought it back in the DLC.

So I have no hope for the second game.
>>
File: 1475631811459.jpg (194KB, 569x629px) Image search: [Google]
1475631811459.jpg
194KB, 569x629px
Why are people even excited about this shit? The first one was mediocre at best
>>
I liked it, not as good as Dead Space 1&2 but still worth a playthrough or two. I have 35hr on The Evil Within
but fuck Akumu difficulty, i already finished it on Nightmare
>>
>>383889474
it was the most tedious game i've ever played and not even remotely scary.
but in the end, it was pretty good.

I'll check out the 2nd one, but not for full price.
>>
>>383889474
>I liked it, not as good as Dead Space 1&2 but still worth a playthrough or two. I have 35hr on The Evil Within
>but fuck Akumu difficulty, i already finished it on Nightmare

okay i love survival horror AND space but still have never given dead space a chance bc there was no enemy variety and EVERY enemy has to be killed the exact same way (blowimg off all flailing limbs) and that mixed with a high dose of jumpscares indefinitely deterred me from playing them.

please refute my complaints and convince me to give it a shot
>>
File: 20170528021504_1.jpg (167KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170528021504_1.jpg
167KB, 1920x1080px
>>383893773
>no enemy variety
Maybe for the first game but you get plenty of new enemy types in the second game and every enemy encounter has to be approached differently than the others. Sure it's still about shooting the limbs but if you're playing at Zealot difficulty (and you should) then ammunition is really scarce and you have to use the environment to progress. What i mean by environment is using your kinesis module to lift objects and enemy limbs to shoot it back at them, consuming minimal ammo. This makes the encounters much more fun.

It has an amazing art direction, memorable levels (really, the levels in Dead Space 2 are so good and memorable), brilliant HUD system, good weapons.
Dead Space 1 to Dead Space 2 is similar to Ass Creed 1 to 2. The game had good promises, and built and expanded on those promises in the second game. My only problem is the shitty story, i call it shit because the developers retconned pretty much everything and there's no consistency in the overall story and the lore.

PC version has some issues, especially the first game. Check PCgaming wiki for the fixes
>>
>>383889474
>i would be picking it up on PC

I hated it at first when it came out. I tried again some months later when it was patched and i loved it. I think cinematic games ought to work flawlessly not to drag you out of the atmosphere.

100% recommended.
>>
>>383894374
the shooting the limbs concept is annoying me just reading your post, im not sure why but it genuinely irritates me. like what if left4dead requires you to blow the limbs off every zombie otherwise they wouldnt die...i also had forgotten that the protagonist is a level10 mage and can use magick. i want to like this game but boy are these things bothering me. say theres an alien waltzing at me and it has 4 limbs, i blow off 2 and then just start unloading into the torso, will it srsly just absorb bullets forever until the limbs come off?
>>
Do the latest patches have the FOV fixed when you remove the black bars? I remember it simply zooming in to remove the bars.
>>
>>383895045
>protagonist is a level 10 mage
what
>the shooting the limbs concept is annoying me just reading your post
no it's a great concept. Whereas every other game out there uses headshots, this one uses something similar but can help you a lot actually
>dismember a slashers blade-arm
>grab the blade-arm
>throw it to dismember the other arm
>>
>>383895097
I'm not sure if it got an official patch. But Flawless Widescreen fixes a lot of issues, like removing the black bars without zooming in and it has a costum FoV slider
>>
Did you enjoy RE4? Then yes.

I thoroughly enjoyed TEW.
>>
It's not capped at 30 but don't forget to turn off the letterbox.
>>
>>383889474

Yes, its a good game and its only fault was it wasnt a great game, plus all the bugs and technical problems during launch.

But those technical problems are mostly ironed out in the PC version by now. And the DLCs are good too, except for the third one.
>>
>>383897118
mage joke because you use magic to make things float, i dont care if the game says its some scientific physics manipulation, you're using the force like a jedi....maybe i should have made a jedi joke.

what about my inquiry about unloading into a torso?
>>
>>383897118

Or just sweep the legs, then the arms when they start crawling, because the arms position themselves right next to each other so you get both cut off with one shot. Kinda like how you shot the head or the knee, then knifed the head in RE4.
>>
>>383895097
It never zoomed in with the official patch. That happened with console commands.

https://youtu.be/q4Hpvx23buE?t=32
>>
>>383897873
you can do of course but as i have said, you'll be using too much ammunition which is really scarce. You don't actually have to dismember to kill
>>
God no, this game is trash
>>
File: 1493357426964.jpg (31KB, 448x447px) Image search: [Google]
1493357426964.jpg
31KB, 448x447px
>people posting NG+ webms with fully upgraded weapons to convince OP how fun the game is
Yeah alright.
>>
>>383899028
The two webms I've posted are from my very first run on normal difficulty.
>>
No, the first one is all a dream and the plot thread of the second one is that the first one was a lie anyway, so the first game literally doesn't matter.
>>
>>383892881
perfectly. don't be fooled by how mouse lags in the menus, it'll be good once ingame
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.