[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why don't you play on a neverwinter nights persistent realm?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1934.jpg (15KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1934.jpg
15KB, 259x194px
why don't you play on a neverwinter nights persistent realm? You do like fun don't you?
>>
>>383885201

literally what and is it free
>>
>>383885201
CHECK DAT 9 BOI
>>
>>383885201
link us the good "realms"
>>
>>383885201
>persistent realm
Wait what?
>>
>>383885201
Because they've been closed cliques for well over 7 years now and are in no way worth putting up with a system I absolutely fucking hate.
>>
>tfw NWN persistent world servers was the first "MMO" type thing you ever played

NWN's official campaign was a pretty dreadful successor to the Baldur's Gate series, but the Aurora toolkit was a masterstroke of user creativity enabling software.
The Gamebryo stuff might come close, but not to the level of being able to build and script a realm of your own, AND then run it as an online multiplayer game, with the ability to have admins with DM like powers if you bothered to script them in.
I'm somehow not surprised that there's still a few holdouts hanging on.
>>
>>383885201
Shit graphics. Bitch to set-up. Not that many people and the few there are are the absolute trash of society - literally the rejects among rejects.
>>
>>383885230
Yes, it is free if you own the game. You just need to download some community packs and the realm's content pack, put it in your folder and login! Boom!

>>383885370
Ravenloft is fantastic. http://www.nwnravenloft.com
Horr/gothic themed RP. Fantastic and dedicated DMs who really get everyone involved in good old school PnP action.

>>383886072
Severs that's always up, big continuous world full of life and personality.

>>383889182
Nwn has great graphics for what and how old it is. Besides. Graphics ain't everything. Also it's really easy to setup, literally drag and drop. And if that's too hard for you? They have a launcher which will do everything for you.
>>
>>383890023
Horror*
>>
>>383885201
>You do like fun don't you?
Yes, that's why I play them sparingly nowadays, since I don't want to put up with tryhard autists screeching that they've been set back one week of their useless lives getting to max level so they can start ganking enemies for kudos within their incestuous little clique.
>>
>>383886810
You might want to try City of Arabel then. In my admittedly limited experience, the DMs have no qualms with cracking down on cliques doing underhanded things or throwing buckets of cold water on people taking things way too seriously.
>>
nwn2 realms are actually fun because game was made by competent developers
>>
>>383885201
I did, for about 7 years or so. Didn't like what was left of the community and it just felt like it was time to move on.

Had an absolute blast with it though and probably the highlight of my RP years.
>>
>>383890023
>Graphics ain't everything.
Yes, a competently designed combat system trumphs graphics. Which NWN doesn't have, since it's a mishmash of a bloated tabletop ruleset with a clunky real-time turn-based hybrid.

>shilling Ravenloft

Your server is doing fine, stop fishing for /v/irgins.
>>
>>383890704
>the people who made pillars of eternity are more competent than the people who made baldurs gate 1 and 2!

Loving
Every
Laugh
>>
>>383890023
>ravenloft
I remember once playing there with a friend for a day or so. We died and turned into invisible ghosts. Rather than attempt to get ourselves revived, we started stalking and haunting other players, whispering shit next to them, opening and closing doors.
>>
>>383885201
I'm not into erp
>>
I remember getting banned from a Harry Potter realm on this game.

I made an orc, rode the train to Hogwarts and beat the shit out of a bunch of people role playing as students.

Good times.
>>
>>383890630
Looks 404, senpai.
>>
File: 1374229617258.png (697KB, 725x540px) Image search: [Google]
1374229617258.png
697KB, 725x540px
High Grounds server was literally the most fun MMO I ever played. Doing 10-15 man raids in the circles of hell blew any other raiding out of the water.

>Hell Titan threw a boulder and instantly killed 3 DPS'ers
>Abyssal Wasp swarm our secondary tank
>Get them off the secondary tank
>"I'm... ok guys I think. They didn't get me!"
>Everyone backs away from him
>He explodes into a swarm of Abyssal Wasp babies that massacre half the party

People probably still play, but I'm fairly certain the main dev doesn't update like he used to. It wouldn't be the same.
>>
>>383896343
They're restructuring the website and forums. Currently they're using http://nodebb.cityofarabel.com
>>
damn, why are there so many different types of defensive spells and counter-defensive spells?

Doesn't stoneskin just make ghostly visage obsolete?
>>
>>383897940
They are different. Even belong to different schools.
>>
>>383890023
>Ravenloft is fantastic
>join the server
>furry erp off the bat
Not sure if it got better with time, but fuck that. NWN online could still be good if not for the cancerous community
>>
>>383898385
ERP or even being overly suggestive is explicitly against the rules and will get you banned
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.