[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post a good and bad thing about the last game you played. Dead

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8

File: 468px.jpg (27KB, 468x372px) Image search: [Google]
468px.jpg
27KB, 468x372px
Post a good and bad thing about the last game you played.

Dead cells
>good
gameplay is tight af
>bad
no checkpoint system is pissing me off
>>
Hitman (tm) (2016)
* Good
Funny ambient chatter
* Bad
No crossdressing
>>
>>383871653
Steins Gate.
>Good.
Likeable characters and plenty of stuff to draw you into the story.
>Bad.
Barely any actual interactions so far. It's been a while and I've only used my phone to call people so far.

If VN's don't count, Fable Anniversary.
>Good.
Fairly solid gameplay, best story in the series. Villain is portrayed well.
>Bad.
Many freezing issues. Few well known game breaking glitches. Nothing much to do after the story.

If you don't have something bad to say about a game you love, I reckon you don't really like it.
>>
>>383871653
Big Brother
>Good
Decent 3D art, all the incest you can eat, sex slavery
>Bad
Not finished, currently the best you can get is a handjob from your mom, way too much fucking grinding
>>
File: 250px-The_Mark_of_Kri_Coverart.png (202KB, 250x354px) Image search: [Google]
250px-The_Mark_of_Kri_Coverart.png
202KB, 250x354px
Mark of kri
>good
Story likes cool as fuck. Combat is ok to get into.

>bad
There are no save points. You have to collect scrolls to save progress. Also there is animation delay or input lag when attempting combos surrounded by multiple enimies.
>>
Styx: Shards of Darkness
>good
Stealth mechanics are still good, there's more side content.
>bad
They ruined the character by pandering to the reddit crowd. There are only four levels, but eight missions, so they're all repeated once.
>>
>Good
Atmosphere and music are really good.

>Bad
It's a Final Fantasy game. So the story and characters are embarrassingly bad.
>>
F.3.A.R.
>good
This game is a lot easier than the first 2 games
>bad
Everything else. I wanted to play through this shit because I just beat the first two games and want to see how the story plays out but I'm starting to think it's not worth my time.
>>
>>383873197
3 wasn't that bad. It's not really spooky like the rest, but I thought it was a fun FPS. Playing as the Ghost Brother is neat too.
You should add pregnancy screams to the bad section though, they were way too damn loud.
>>
File: 1499907572205.png (209KB, 800x590px) Image search: [Google]
1499907572205.png
209KB, 800x590px
>>383871653
Darkest Dungeon & CC DLC
>good
Nice variety of new enemies, continues to be great art-wise. More great narration.
>bad
The crimson curse can really get out of hand and ruin your entire run if you do things that you can't know about before-hand unless you look it up.
>>
Hollow Knight
>good
beautiful graphics, good boss battles

>bad
i'm lost as fuck and after 13 hours i don't really care enough to finish the game
>>
Hollow Knight
>good
Finding ways to sequence break is exciting and rewarding
>bad
Spent 20 minutes creatively progressing without the powerup I was supposed to use just to hit a brick wall with no way past without it
>>
Underrail
>good
Challenging combat encounters with dangerous enemies that tend to last quite few turns
Exploration
>bad
Quests can be underwhelming
>>
>no checkpoint system is pissing me off
Get good. Checkpoints would demolish the last modicum of difficulty this game has
>>
>>383873835
Was it in the upper part of the map in the Crystal mines? I believe i got in a higher platform while air-hitting enemies and then got to almost the end by hitting spikes to finally get to a part where i needed Double Jump to access, i felt pretty awful and didnt play for like 3 days because i had to go all the way back since i didn't want to lose all my Geo
>>
>>383873473
Yeah I've noticed that. I didn't really think 2 was all that scary either. I'll probably come back to it after I've played through a few of my others games I bought recently
>>
Rising Storm 2: Vietnam
>good
I really like that the different sides have different playstyles and 'traits'
>bad
Flamethrower hits your arm for literally less than a second = death
>>
>>383874214
Well I wouldn't put it much higher than average for a review score, but it's worth playing if you like the shooting of the other games. You wouldn't be wrong to bench it in favour of something else in your backlog.

I think the general consensus is Expansions are the best FEAR games, followed in chronological order by the other 3. With one of the expansions being the spookiest, and the other having the best shooting segments. Can never recall which though.
>>
The End is Nigh
>good
Looks really nice and has some pretty well designed areas
>bad
Homing enemies don't go well with the usual level design of the game (they don't appear that often, but when they do, the screen is ruined) and the cartridges aren't that interesting
>>
>>383871653
UMvC3
>good
characters
>bad
>>
>>383873492
>good news
all your town events aren't being overwritten by bugs
>bad news
enjoy getting cursed in every single dungeon from here on out
>>
>>383871653
Max Payne 3
>Good
Moments of fun gameplay
>Bad
Constantly interrupting the gameplay to show a cutscene, sometimes going from cutscene - walk for 10 seconds doing nothing else - cutscene
Max is too stereotypical drunken cop fallen from grace, shown to be some moron who doesn't know anything while giving cheap hard-boiled lines, which pisses me off
>>
>>383874982
Max Payne 2 made me appreciate how good Max Payne 1 was
Max Payne 3 made me appreciate how good Max Payne 2 was
>>
I just played Hand of Fate.
>good
Everything but the gameplay is great
>bad
The gameplay is the most budget banham I've ever experienced, I wish western devs knew how to make combat fun.
>>
>>383874063
I actually got the upper part of the crystal mines without the double jump and got the item up there. Baited the dude's pickaxe and used that to get in, lured a fly over to get high enough for the second double jump spot, and the rest was just spike jumping until the end, but I just barely managed to make it with one heart left.

The part I'm talking about is another section of the crystal mines where you're supposed to use the super dash to go through all the crystals shooting lasers. You can make it 90% of the way there with well-timed jumps and dashes while hitting the crystals for boost, but then you get to a spot where the pit's just too wide.
>>
File: 1462841928374.png (104KB, 243x297px) Image search: [Google]
1462841928374.png
104KB, 243x297px
>>383871653
>checkpoint system
>roguelikes
>>
>>383875196
Pretty much. I knew some of the issues the game had going in but holy shit, I did not expect this much. Really, this isn't Max. The gameplay had its moments but it either pushed you right into a cutscene after a battle or it would leave you to explore while also adding max or some other character bitching to hurry up. Max making "witty" one liners every time he picks up painkillers.
>Huh I'm fucking everything up. I'm such a useless piece of shit
>Guess I'll just keep doing the exact same thing though
Hey, let's make Max want to be sober having only introduced he's a drunk in this game, and lets make it so it literally has no effect on anything. Not even plot wise. Guy starts drinking, now he's not.
The plot twists were weak as shit and didn't even make sense. No wonder Max couldn't figure it out, neither did the Rockstar's writers.
>>
Elite Dangerous

Good: it's everything I ever wanted from a space sim - basically no man's sky but with actual progression and things to do, and it actually is multiplayer.
Cool ship designs and good community.

Bad: Holy FUCK, the grind for restricted weapons/ships is INSANE. Earning the money is easy enough, but grinding rank/reputation/merit to unlock shit completely tanks your income.
I don't understand why I need to spend an entire month of my life hauling biowaste for the Emperor just so she'll sell me a multi-shot railgun.
>>
>>383876673
I just wish it had more depth to it. It was really fun for a few dozen hours but then you realize that you're just grinding to do more grinding except with a different-looking ship.
>>
File: slug.jpg (24KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
slug.jpg
24KB, 500x500px
Rain World
>good
everything
>bad
except i don't know where the fuck to go
>>
File: Castlevania.jpg (3MB, 1534x2100px) Image search: [Google]
Castlevania.jpg
3MB, 1534x2100px
Castlevania
>good
The slow and methodical gameplay coupled with the well-designed and challenging levels.
>bad
The occasional randomness of items. Sometimes you'll find a whip upgrade other times you'll find a fucking sub-weapon upgrade for some reason. Also, Death.
>>
Ys Origin
Good
Fast paced action and great music
Bad
If you aren't a high enough level you do fuck all damage to bosses
>>
>>383877119
Just follow the worm-thing and try not to assassinate it by accident. It'll lead you to the Moon and then halfway to the Pebbles.
>>
Subnautica
>Good
spooky as fuck underwater game that still makes me uneasy
>Bad
EA garbage that is less optimized than the original dark souls port
>>
Tekken 7
>good
Fun Combat, great online, looks fantastic on PC and customizing characters is fun
>bad
i'm bad and make bad decisions in neutral and get my shit pushed in because I refuse to stop pressing buttons.
>>
File: 20170712175140_1.jpg (191KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170712175140_1.jpg
191KB, 1920x1080px
>>383877607
>image didnt post
hiro fix your fucking site this is three times in one week now
>>
Thief
>good
great atmosphere, top tier level design
>bad
older games always make me feel bad for quicksaving so much
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.