[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This game is such an underrated gem. It's one of those games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 250px-RiddickButcherBay.jpg (19KB, 250x305px) Image search: [Google]
250px-RiddickButcherBay.jpg
19KB, 250x305px
This game is such an underrated gem. It's one of those games where everyone who's played it knows how great it is, but most people overlook it because it's a "movie game" (which it isn't even, really). Never have I felt more immersed in a game world than when I played Escape from Butcher Bay. The tense prison atmosphere, the lighting, everything is awesome.
>>
>>383871034
It was really good. Easily one of the best games on the original Xbox.
>>
The dev studio is working on another game. It's no Riddick, but it's something, and that something can turn into a "next game, we're working on Riddick".
Course, the Riddick games were also co-developed by the guys now working on Payday 2, Payday 3, and The Walking Dead, so we may have to wait for a while.
>>
>that fakeout intro where you imediately kill everyone and escape that immerses you into riddicks mind and how he thinks
>the level where you get thrown into the pit, which is filled with deranged 2spooky enemies and is...Pitch black...And you have nothing but limited use stationary lightsources
Pretty neat game
>>
>>383871034
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxXXysTOtsY
>>
>>383871034

The game was pretty good OP but /v/ hypes it up a bit much so I was kinda disappointed for the first half. Especially since /v/ was comparing it to Dues Ex. So I expected a very open ended prison escape game. And instead got a very linear (except for that one hub about mid game) game, not that linear is bad, it can be very good, but I went in expecting multiple routes.

I guess I just need to give the game a replay really with proper expectations. Like with EYE Divine Cybermancy, /v/ hyped up a neat little underrated gem to be much more than it was and I got disappointed.
>>
>>383874103

>pitch black tunnels

I played the HD version that came with Dark Athena. Should I just play the original version of Riddick? Which one is best?
>>
File: riddick comparison.jpg (3MB, 1130x10000px) Image search: [Google]
riddick comparison.jpg
3MB, 1130x10000px
As far as the base game goes, EFBB > Dark Athena
>>
What's the best escape from a prison game?

>>383874438
The main gameplay difference between Dark Athena BB and the original Butcher Bay is the melee counters are a lot easier in the original
>>
>>383874438
Were they not dark for you? I only played the ps3 remaster and i could barely see a thing without using flares
>>
>>383871034
Shit game with excellent graphics, it was unbelievable seen it running on a simple XBOX.
Also I can't take Toretto serious.
>>
>>383874515
Anyone who plays dark Athena for butcher bay is stupid(they came in a a bundle)
>>
>>383874515
The comparison shots you posted seems to directly contradict your statement.
>>
>>383874714
>>383874612

So Butcher Bay HD also changed the gameplay? I think I really do need to give it a replay. It's just the first half of the game I was disappointed at how linear it was (even though I have nothing against it, I was just expecting something like DX), but by the second half I was still enjoying it.

>>383874714

No those tunnels that everyone talks about where pretty bright for me, there was nothing special about that segment. But you saying yours was all dark maybe why others remember it so well. Seems like Butcher Bay HD got butchered.
>>
>>383874930
Not him but both versions of Butcher bay have different feel.
I prefer the original release for Butcher Baymyself,but dark Athena is also a great sequel.
>>
I remember being blown away by how incredible this game looked. How did they make such a fucking beautiful game on the hardware?
>>
>>383874753
There was nothing shit about it, you are just a retarded halo baby who thinks shooters should be all for adhd kiddies who like to feel powerful for killing hordes of brainless enemies, EFBB was the future of videogames not only graphics but also gameplay design wise, but because your average retarded gamer cant appreciate it we got nothing but shitty CoD and Overwatch clones for the adhd kiddies.
>>
>>383871034
Well, thanks for the recommendation then, might try it.
>>
>>383874515
Jesus Christ, these graphics were insane for original Xbox.
>>
>>383875054
I played the one that came with dark athena and they were indeed dark, if you played that version yoo perhaps it was a gamma issue in the game or your tv. Im sad to hear that though, that part was 2spooky4me
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.