[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm not gonna lie, this game is awesome and i've been

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 250px-MetroidPrimebox.jpg (26KB, 250x348px) Image search: [Google]
250px-MetroidPrimebox.jpg
26KB, 250x348px
I'm not gonna lie, this game is awesome and i've been having a lot of fun with it. Never player a Metroid game before and i really want to try the other games BUT, holy fuck, the backtracking is killing me, i mean, i like backtracking in a game, say Banjo Tooie level of backtracking, but this takes the word to another level, i'm 2 upgrades far from having them all and i'm starting to feel desperate because of the same levels over and over and over again. Do you have this problem with this or other game /v/
>>
File: 1346913714336.jpg (247KB, 392x450px) Image search: [Google]
1346913714336.jpg
247KB, 392x450px
>>383867525
>the backtracking is killing me, i mean, i like backtracking in a game, say Banjo Tooie level of backtracking, but this takes the word to another level

stay away from Metroid games, except maybe for Metroid Fusion
>>
Welcome to Metroid/Castlevania gamesnot to be confused with metroidvanias

You're not exactly backtracking. You're just continuing to explore areas with newer upgrades and accessing new rooms and areas. The game encourages you to explore with each new powerup by rewarding you with energy tanks, ammo expansions, and even beam combos. The best part is you don't have a shot in hell at 100%ing the game on your first run, which adds to the replay value as you continue to find new shit.
>>
Yup, I'll never finish any castlevania games.

I have friends that hunt achievements... baffles me
>>
File: 1352953404338.jpg (77KB, 892x304px) Image search: [Google]
1352953404338.jpg
77KB, 892x304px
>>383867947
>Metroidvanias aren't Metroidvanias

this Metroidvania wrong usage meme has gone too far

TOO FAR
>>
>>383867525
Felt the exam same way playing Castlevania SotN
Sucks because the game had me hooked real good, until that point.
>>
>>383867525
2d>primes/3d
>>
>>383867525
Prime's map layout isn't the best for backtracking. Some of the zone elevators are placed confusingly, and too many items are placed at the very end of certain pathways off the main hubs. It also doesn't help that many rooms look extremely similar.

Also since it's 3d and you don't have many movement options like speed boost and space jump which limits you to plodding around like a walking tank.
>>
>>383867907
Backtracking in 3D is way more monotonous than 2D.
>>
>>383868467
horribly incorrect

the only 2D game that stands up to the prime trilogy is super. Even prime 3 with its abundant cutscenes and more linear design is still ahead of 1, 2, ZM and fusion. This isn't even taking prime 1/2 into consideration which stomp on those games. I laugh whenever someone talks shit about the prime trilogy then calls themselves a "true" metroid fan.
>>
>>383868818
>boost ball
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.