[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anybody else here played Final Fantasy Tactics: ReBirth?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: updated_reis.png (400KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
updated_reis.png
400KB, 620x465px
Has anybody else here played Final Fantasy Tactics: ReBirth? It's a mod and I honestly think it improves the mechanics of the game significantly, to the point where I almost can't imagine playing the game in it's vanilla state ever again. Great mod that brings a lot of improvements even though some of the classes are still overpowered as fuck.

I'm thinking of playing FFT 1.3: Content so I don't get stuck on every battle. I hear that the last half of the game on the insane difficulty is overly difficult and unfair anyways, which just doesn't sound like any fun to me.

Anybody have any thoughts or recommendations on teams or breakthroughs to try?
>>
If you liked FFTA some anon here was autistically modding that. The shots he showed were pretty good, I forgot to get the name of it though.
>>
Can you give a quick summary of the stuff the mod adds to the game? Is there any new content you're lukewarm about or that you don't like?
>>
File: smugroboto.jpg (31KB, 622x530px) Image search: [Google]
smugroboto.jpg
31KB, 622x530px
>>383866118
OP here, there was nothing that was changed that I dislike. I felt like the game was a little bit more difficult than it was in it's original state but that's a good thing imo.
>>
>>383866118
The mod messes with the balance of almost every class and gives classes that didn't have an innate ability something to work with. For instance, archers now have concentration meaning they'll have 100% accuracy. They're a lot more reliable because of this.

Samurai has had a complete overhaul and is a supportive tanky class that can dish out some really useful buffs and debuffs.

Most significantly, I think, the speed stat was given an overhaul to make the leveling curve and speed reliant abilities more predictable.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/final-fantasy-tactics-rebirth/features/speed-overhaul-in-rebirth

Here's a list of class changes.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/final-fantasy-tactics-rebirth/features/jobclass-alterations-in-rebirth

Changes to enemies:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/final-fantasy-tactics-rebirth/features/enhanced-encounters-in-rebirth

Most battles (and all of the story ones I think) have some kind of mini boss type unit now.

Some armor stats and weapon stuff has changed too, but I didn't notice it all that much.
>>
>>383865856

I played 1.3.0.8 up until Elmdor and couldnt steal his Shit because my team had Rama and 2 generic males that couldn't used ribbons. Status effects galore. I ragequit

>>383865954
I played and beat FFTAX hosted on the same website as FFT 1.3 and I had a good time with it. It was still pretty easy.
>>
I've never played tactics. Is this on PC?
>>
File: kylehappy.gif (42KB, 192x224px) Image search: [Google]
kylehappy.gif
42KB, 192x224px
>>383868332
PS1 but you could always install and emulator.
>>
>>383868796
>Not PSP version

Uff
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.