[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Buy Bloodborne on sale for $20 four months ago >Never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: Amelia_Header.jpg (464KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Amelia_Header.jpg
464KB, 1920x1080px
>Buy Bloodborne on sale for $20 four months ago
>Never played a souls game before
>Get to BSB in Old Yharnam
>Give up for four months
>Boot it back up today out of boredom
>Solo BSB by the skin of my teeth, used 18 blood flasks
>Proceed to play for about six hours
>solo pic related and the woods witch boss both on my first try
>Post about it on /v/
I can't believe I almost never played this again. Either the game got easier after Old Yharnam or I got gud somehow

Soulsborne thread I guess
>>
>>383860704
It just clicked. Everyone finds different bosses harder than others. Once you get over the hump you have way more tolerance for the next boss you end up getting stuck on.
>>
File: raclette.webm (2MB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
raclette.webm
2MB, 640x640px
>>383860704
here's your reward friend
>>
>>383860972

Pretty much this but build variety also determines which bosses are harder than others. I think BB has less variety in that sense than other souls games though.
>>
Just finished SOTFS which is my second 100% runthrough of DaS2 because I have the Original game on PS3. Entire Soulsborn series is now complete.

Hardest BB boss I faced was Headless Bloodstarved beast in the Chalice Dungeons. Small Room+Huge boss equipped with many one hit kills with insane hitboxes more cheap than Plesiroth made the whole encounter deadly.
>>
well if we're sharing general souls/bb stories
>played all the "original" games first
>not interested in any of the sequels at first but get a hankerin for more
>pick up DS3 first because of things i heard about 2
>something about it doesn't sit right with me but finish it anyways
>don't feel like doing another run
>pick up 2
>wow i can't believe people say this is worse than 3 the build variety is great and i haven't even finished my first playthrough yet
>get to vendrick
>suddenly stop caring about the game at all
>drop it & come back months later
>well maybe i'm just bored of the build time to switch again cuz they throw soul vessels at you like candy
>still bored
>finished elium loyce dlc today
>shut game off and probably won't pick it back up
did i ruin the sequels for myself by playing des, das, and bb first? i think i just had a revelation after shutting off 2 that i don't care about the gameplay in these games at all, the world building, level design, and atmosphere is what i like the most. 2 & 3 are really dull in that regard
>>
>>383861541

DS2 definitely has the most build variety which I think is its main draw over other games in the series. Everything else is mediocre in comparison to the other games. DS3 just didn't do anything new and was more linear than the others which diminished its replay value.
>>
BB is a modern day classic.
>>
>>383861770
I don't think DS3 was more linear than BB, and BB is definitely my favorite. I think the problem is that 3 is extremely creatively bankrupt, like you said before. It feels like they were scared to try something new after backlash from 2(not that the backlash was entirely undeserved, but it got out of hand). It's a shame because even though I don't like either 2 or 3 I can see their potential
>>
>>383862809

I was referencing the dark souls trilogy specifically but BB I think was less linear if only because you had the added chalice dungeons to tackle at your leisure. Otherwise the two were about equal.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.