[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else dislike how there are no real caverns or underground

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 560
Thread images: 69

File: BreathoftheWildFinalCover.jpg (124KB, 250x350px) Image search: [Google]
BreathoftheWildFinalCover.jpg
124KB, 250x350px
Does anyone else dislike how there are no real caverns or underground areas? I would rather be able to explore underneath or within the world then be able to climb everything
>>
File: IMG_8188.gif (3MB, 500x240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8188.gif
3MB, 500x240px
>>383856094
I was more upset that there was no real architecture, but that's pretty much the same difference. What you see is what you get, and in a similar vein to TW3, once you get there it's less exciting because there is nothing happening in the game world.
Climbing is neat, but its only purpose is to avoid combat, which is both mediocre and already easily avoidable since enemies are stationed like MMO trash mobs and can't even keep up with Link's brisk pace.
After exploring Hyrule and then resigning myself to the Divine Beasts, I stopped halfway through the fourth one and I asked myself "Why even?". The only thing that kept me going with the Exploration was the unknown, I.E. the hope that something interesting is out there. After that, there's nothing. The combat is not even remotely fun, the puzzles are dull and overused, and you can fucking forget about the story/writing.

Best Tech Demo of 2017. Let me know when the game gets some cake to go with all that stale icing.
>inb4 food analogy
>>
>>383856094
there were 125+ underground caves and dungeons
>>
>>383856094
Really don't care at all. Caves in previous games were just load triggers anyway and usually had nothing substantial. Caves with shrines in them are fine.

The little alcoves and underpasses were a lot more like real spelunking.
>>
File: IMG_9381.png (2MB, 968x606px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9381.png
2MB, 968x606px
>>383856950
>Loading screen for a puzzle room that looks indistinguishable from its 119 counterparts
The biggest crutch of the Shrines is that they aren't about exploring them, they're just linear causeways with poorly designed puzzles, and annoying music. I mean could they have not even included some lore dumps for the Sheikah in them, or made them look like they served a purpose? The Sheikah fucking built 120 underground Shrines so that they could test Link's ability to do things he'll never actually use outside of the Shrines themselves?
>>
File: IMG_9382.gif (1MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9382.gif
1MB, 200x150px
>>383857408
>Glide into Demise's Pass
>Two bokoblin camps and a Shrine
>>
>>383857413
what game is this from?
>>
File: 1497761386208.png (463KB, 593x665px) Image search: [Google]
1497761386208.png
463KB, 593x665px
>>383856803
>and you can fucking forget about the story/writing

Why do people say this like they were expecting fucking Witcher games or a fucking RPG? Zelda's story has always boiled down to "it's another Link kills Ganon episode" and this is no different. The difference was BotW actually got me to give a shit about the story since I kept asking "what the fuck happened to Hyrule" and had to go uncover the bits and pieces entirely on my own instead of sit through hamfisted cutscenes where Link gets his shit pushed in by the likes of Ghirahim or Zant or whoever after I finish giving them a thorough ass-whooping in-game.

Quit pretending like Zelda's story was ever a strong point.
>>
>>383858119
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
>>
>>383858187
Its good in Majoras mask, links awakening, wind waker, etc. Breath of the wild was yet another generic zelda story.
>>
>>383858187
I think it's just contrarians who want to shit on eveyrthing. The story is standard, but the setting and atmosphere were fucking great.
>>
>>383858119
Skyrim dlc
>>
>>383858236
Where is that ingame? I dont recognize it
>>
File: 1498094759914.png (84KB, 319x319px) Image search: [Google]
1498094759914.png
84KB, 319x319px
>>383856803
While I think that BOTW's story isn't the best in the series, it had the absolute BEST characters of all the games. Zelda and Rhoam are genuinely well-written and multi-faceted characters.
>inb4 Zelda's character is just crying to give artificial "depth"
if you actually read Zelda's two journals, plus Rhoam's hidden journal in the castle, you realize just how much depth they have.
The champions don't have too much depth, but it is what it is.
>>
Trash game
>>
>>383857413
and yet the shrines in botw were 1000x better than the shitty grottos and caves in ANY other zelda game

look at a game like twilight princess
what did it have? it had holes in the ground where you passed through a loading screen to get to the exact same copy/pasted grotto in 20 different spots

then there were TWO whole caves in the game that had any depth to them, and they were just linear / slight forked set of hallways with nothing to do

meanwhile BotW has 70+ minidungeons for you in those caves
>>
>>383858119
Dragon's Dogma
Admittedly that area wasn't anything special beyond that screenshot, but I'll never forget that image. You can't enter the houses, and the locale has more emphasis on the story than anything. The distinct difference is that it looks great and had actual enemies you had to fight.

>>383858180
Never played Morrowind, which is a shame because I hear good things about it.

>>383858187
It's a difficult thing to do simple good, but even BotW manages to fuck it up. I certainly am not looking for 400,000 lines of voiced dialogue, but that doesn't mean the story has to be nonsensical and feature little to no elements of heroism or even a worthwhile antagonist. On the contrary I thought Hyrule looked pretty good all things considered. Other than Castle Town and Fort Hateno (which was apparently just a wall, I guess) everything seems in check.
I mean why even care about Hyrule? You care about the Rebels because Luke has been personally attacked by The Empire and joins their cause. What does Link have? Nothing, because he's not a character, and personally I couldn't find a shit to give about Zelda.
Star Wars is simple as fuck and the story as old as time, and its leagues ahead of LoZ, another instance of a classic story structure. LoZ's story over the course of 31 years isn't bad because it's simple, it's bad because it's written horribly and has no emotion.

That being said, if story and characters are out the window, then why is the combat so always goddamn shit? 3 major aspects of game design; Gameplay, Graphics, and Story. Fuck the third one, right? So then where the hell are the other two?
>>
File: 1497806077120.jpg (24KB, 450x337px) Image search: [Google]
1497806077120.jpg
24KB, 450x337px
>>383859323
>>
File: 1474937876465.png (22KB, 267x292px) Image search: [Google]
1474937876465.png
22KB, 267x292px
>>383859198
>if you actually read Zelda's two journals, plus Rhoam's hidden journal in the castle, you realize just how much depth they have.
Her character is nothing more than "MUH BURNT VILLAGE". Characters like Samus go through tons more, and you don't see her bawling like a little bitch. Other M notwithstanding.
>>
>>383859360
>shit? 3 major aspects of game design; Gameplay, Graphics, and Story
fuck off normie

the three major aspects of game design are gameplay, gameplay and gameplay. Its a fucking game. You play it. The word itself is redundant
>>
File: 1489408381690.png (235KB, 324x313px) Image search: [Google]
1489408381690.png
235KB, 324x313px
>>383859329
>and yet the shrines in botw were 1000x better than the shitty grottos and caves in ANY other zelda game
>>
>>383859198
Zelda is fine in that she has character, but I wasn't in any hurry to actually save her. Her purpose in the structure of the story was to give the Player motivation, and I don't think she did that. Like if you were to tell me that they patched in 5 or so more memories featuring Zelda, I wouldn't really be running over to turn my Wii U on. She's great for the series, because she at least has something going on, but in the long history of literature, film, and even exlusively video games, she's forgettable. I blame this partially on Ganon. I mean his purported existence is the basis for her entire character, but he exists primarily off-screen and as a lightning strike on the opposite side of a mountain. Good versus evil is a coin, and for all the portrayals of Good, there is so little Evil in the game, despite this incarnation of Ganon being the primeval evil of them all.
>>
>>383859360
>3 major aspects of game design; Gameplay, Graphics, and Story

Rest of your post notwithstanding, this right here is fucking stupid. You think people play shit like Rocket League or Dwarf Fortress or Risk of Rain for shit like the story? Pull your head out of your ass, the gameplay is what differentiates video games from other entertainment mediums and it is THE most critical aspect of games.

Do not sit here and try and tell people story and graphics are essential elements of a video game when they are secondary at best.
>>
>>383859329
>what did it have? it had holes in the ground where you passed through a loading screen to get to the exact same copy/pasted grotto in 20 different spots
This sounds just like shrines in BotW to me.
>>
>>383859904
That's fine with me. Dragon's Dogma has better combat, and Silent Hill 2 has better puzzles.
>>
File: HP26.jpg (69KB, 450x264px) Image search: [Google]
HP26.jpg
69KB, 450x264px
>>383860317
every grotto in OOT/MM/TP was a copy/paste job. Even most of them in WW. It was just a room you drop into and maybe fight some enemies and has a chest, a cow, a few puddles and rocks and sheikah statue and beehive and insects crawling around and in the chest is some rupees

meanwhile BotW has 71 puzzle shrines, 29 blessing (overworld puzzles) and 20 combat shrines.

Would the sperglords on /v/ have been happier if instead of a giant glowing orange upside down urinal, the shrines were just a circular black hole in the ground you dropped into?

people have nostalgia goggles so hard. The shrines have a very bright and uniform appearance for good reason, because you'd never find them otherwise
>>
>>383860218
It's hard to compare, given Morrowind's age, but the noticeable thing from this video alone is that the starting city in Morrowind has more going on than any one village/town/city in BotW. Would I rather play BotW right now? Yeah, but even based on Todd's more recent history I'd be more attracted to playing Morrowind 2 than BotW 2, or rather (and perhaps more insultingly) Skyrim 2 than BotW 2.
>>
>>383860309
They are the major aspects, though. Any one (or two) can be sacrificed, but that sacrifice has to have purpose. For Rocket League it is the gameplay, which is fucking impeccable, and even to some extent the visual style.
The difference is that Legend of Zelda does have Gameplay and Story, and even a history with Graphics. So where it's now sacrificing Story and Graphics, the Gameplay nowhere reflects what it should be otherwise be. Missile Command is funner than BotW.
>>
>>383861182
4 "domains", and they're pretty small. Other than that it's probably around 8... maybe 10 (if I found them all) scattered villages, two of which are notable in size. Hateno Village is evidently the main village outside the domains, and it's a comfy little farm village.
Lets just say when I started reflecting fondly on Whiterun and Solitude, I knew something was off. Yeah, there's no load screens, but it doesn't feel worth it.
>>
>>383861252
>the Gameplay nowhere reflects what it should be otherwise be
very subjective. many people quite enjoyed botw's gameplay.
>>
>>383860832
>"Breath of the Wild has shitty shrines that are uninteresting"
>"Older zeldas have even worse shrines"
>"THEREFORE BotW is good!"

No, the conclusion you draw from that is: Zelda games are overrated and bad and always have been.
>>
>>383861815
It's not very subjective, it's completely subjective. If it's the best game(play) you've ever played, there's nothing wrong with that. It's just not the best I've ever played, for more reasons than because it's accessible.
The only thing that is technical (I.E. not an opinion) is that the framerate fucks up more often than I'd prefer, and framerate affects gameplay (well, it does for me). So why weren't they fixing that instead of implementing a bullshit story and pointless graphics?
>>
>>383860832

I don't know, I liked those random grottos with small lakes and cows. It was kind of cool to stumble upon them on death mountain or at the edges of hyrule field. also, some of the grottos were interesting, like the one with rainbowish walls in the sacred forest meadow
>>
>>383861182
>Gerudo Town
>Hateno Village
>Goron City
>Kakariko Village
>Lurelin Village
>Korok Forest
>Rito Village
>Zora's Domain
>Tarrey Town

Then a bunch of outposts:
>Southern Mine
>Kara Kara Bazaar
>Akkela Ancient Tech Lab
>Hateno Ancient Tech Lab
>Flight Range
>Yiga Clan Hideout
>Selmie's Spot
>Pondo's Lodge
>Fort Hateno
>Gut Check Rock
>Dueling Peaks Stable
>East Akkala Stable
>Foothill Stable
>Gerudo Canyon Stable
>Highland Stable
>Lakeside Stable
>Outskirt Stable
>Rito Stable
>Riverside Stable
>Serenne Stable
>Snowfield Stable
>South Akkala Stable
>Tabantha Bridge Stable
>Wetland Stable
>Woodland Stable

also Castle Market Town is an empty but very large town
>>
File: IMG_9383.jpg (22KB, 480x441px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9383.jpg
22KB, 480x441px
>>383860309
If the game looked like this, nobody would buy it. Graphics aren't necessary because they're inherent to game design, they're there because of the market. BotW looks the way it does to compete, and it puts in as little effort as possible.
>>
>>383860832
>every grotto in OOT/MM/TP was a copy/paste job.
And at least half of all the shrine sin BotW are either blessings or combat trials and even among the shrines that are actual puzzles maybe half of those are just a single room with an extremely easy puzzle solution.
>>
File: nostalgia goggles.jpg (373KB, 1280x1436px) Image search: [Google]
nostalgia goggles.jpg
373KB, 1280x1436px
>>383862172
boy... those grottos... they were really... interesting... like they had cows and small lakes...
>>
The moment I found out there wasn't any underground caverns to explore the game was already starting to lose its appeal. Not even a hidden grotto, and the shrines do not count. This game is wasted potential, but still a good game in its own right. Improvements can be made tenfold. If they wanted to make the shrines stand out, they should have looked like the grottoes from the older games and not made obvious.
>>
>>383862385
Bitch I have 4,000 hours playing fucking dorf fort and that game doesn't even have graphics. Kill you'reself.
>>
>>383862385
But everyone loved that game anon
>>
File: 1498188955887.jpg (64KB, 332x346px) Image search: [Google]
1498188955887.jpg
64KB, 332x346px
>>383859819
Samus is more than "muh burnt village"; she went through a lot of emotional shit involving her overly-demanding father and her inability to do what was expected of her. It's ultimately her fault that Hyrule falls in the first place, and this plays into her character.

Samus is a great character, but her parents died and nothing more. Zelda's entire country was destroyed because of her own inadequacies.
>>
>>383863356
why do shrines "not count"?
genuinely curious why people count games like OOT as having underground sections but not BotW
are people that nostalgic for having grey rocky walls instead of something actually good looking like the botw shrines?
>>
>>383863680
Meant to type Zelda at the start, but I'm sure you get what I'm saying.
>>
>>383863771
Because they don't. The grottoes all looked different at the very least, with some variance with their appearance and layout. There's 120 of them yet they all look the same. A 1998 game can at least change the textures but a 2017 can only change the tone of the music. I keep saying this; the type of shrine you encounter should have been color-coordinated. Strength test shrines could have been red, blessing shrines could have been green or white.

Some variety would have helped them, there's no excuse, and they're horribly repetitive.
>>
>>383864226
you must have REALLY loved the ending of mass effect 3
>>
>>383864782
No, I just prefer not to be a fanboy who can't handle people not liking everything about his shiny new game.
>>
>>383863531
Dwarf Fortress is freeware and isn't intended to make money.

>>383863572
In 1980, yes.
>>
>>383856094
That's what metroid prime 4 is for anon
>>
>>383864979
you care what colors the walls are
you don't care that OOT/MM/TP had copy/pasted single room empty grottos with nothing but a cow and some rocks whereas BotW has portal-style puzzle rooms
>>
File: 1471823512267.png (61KB, 429x410px) Image search: [Google]
1471823512267.png
61KB, 429x410px
Anyone else still having trouble figuring out their exact feelings about this game? It's mindblowing when you first get into it yet seems to get less interesting the better you get at it. It's also really difficult to compare to other games when the game casually abandoned key Zelda elements while embracing others that the series never touched before.
>>
There are a few underground caverns, OP.

Explore the map more, anon :)
>>
>>383865435
I said some variance, acknowledging there were copies of the same grotto throughout, but there were still some that looked different. What's worse is that BotW did it too with the blessing and combat shrines, but that's A-okay, right?

Fuck you, a small color change CAN make a difference.
>>
The shrines are 1/3rd of the game. They effectively replaced dungeons, as the main 'dungeons' don't even have 1/6th of the depth as any of the other LoZ games. Comparing them to an area that's effectively a secret is silly.

>>383865669
Man, the combat shrines were fucking trash. Practically the same enemy and area every time.
>>
>>383865669
except botw had 71 different puzzle shrines, and the blessing shrines were just rewards for overworld puzzles. The combat shrines were repetitive just because they didn't vary the enemies or arenas

you're some autist who's hung up on the most minor insignificant point of aesthetics when the only thing that matters is gameplay. BotW could have had better gameplay but what it had was far better than any other game. TP had what, 2 whole caves worth anything? BotW had 71 with puzzles in them, some as big as dungeons

only an autist thinks that what BotW needed was "red or green or white walls". The aesthetic used in shrines was actually exceptionally good already and they looked great. What they needed was more challenging puzzles, they needed combat shrines with more varied enemies and arenas, just like the master trials.
>>
>>383856094

Skyrim has those in spades and honestly climbing random mountains and buildings is better.
>>
>>383865520
What did you find difficult in BotW?
>>
>>383866246
>71
Which means the other forty-nine are worthless. Again, you seem to hate that someone isn't blindly praising your favorite game. There's shitloads of room for improvement, in both the gameplay and the environment. If you're going to boast about having so many shrines, you could at least give some variance with how they look, even if it's a mere color change. Out of those seventy-one shrines, not one tried to stand out aesthetically.
>>
Is this game worth buying even if after watching a shit ton of gameplay the shrines all look like dull filler and tediousness? They just don't even come close to proper dungeons to me, but I hear they're a large part of the game. Everything else looks great.
>>
>>383866728
No they are not. Blessing shrines have great use of environment puzzles. Combat shrines also have variation with the layout and guardians
>>
>>383866761
It's beautiful. The best game of the year no question. I enjoyed the hell out of every minute of it.
>>
>>383866761
They are as large of a part as you want them to be
>>
>>383866843
The focus is the underground, which is supposedly covered by the shrines. No one's denying the overworld being well designed, to an extent. Adding/removing two pillars isn't a big change, especially when you get the right equipment and can cheese the guardians in less than a minute.
>>
>>383856094
ok? So you don't like the fundamental design of the core gameplay loop and want it to be a completely different game? You might as well ask why it's not Subnautica.
>>
>>383866715
He said it was difficult to compare the game, not that the game itself was hard
>>
>>383867224
You think adding more interesting areas to the game would somehow break the fundamentals of the game itself? Are you retarded?
>>
File: IMG_5580.jpg (345KB, 680x544px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5580.jpg
345KB, 680x544px
>>383867234
Oh yeah you're right. Time for sleep.
>>
>>383867039
Meh, some of the guardians have different moves too. But yeah they can get repetitive but you shouldn't tun into them that often unless you are grinding shrines for some reason
>>
>>383867330
Sleep tight anon
>>
>>383856094
No, for me the biggest flaw was that I couldn't fucking fish with a fishing rod.
Also not being able to walk underwater.
>>
>>383867329
The core gameplay loop and the game mechanics are about exploring large open spaces with lots of verticality. If you want good cave exploration gameplay you'd have to redesign the entire game around it.
>>
>>383867519
Are you retarded. You can have vertical, large caves too

>>383867473
Bomb fishing is more fun imo
>>
There are large explorable underground caverns. You just have to look for them.
>>
File: image.jpg (165KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
165KB, 1280x720px
Dumping some screens
>>
File: image.jpg (177KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
177KB, 1280x720px
>>383867665
You mean this?
>>
File: 1461439857913.jpg (77KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
1461439857913.jpg
77KB, 500x373px
>>383867339
>some of the guardians have different moves too
One swings an axe twice, the other a sword, another both. It's the same shit.
>unless you are grinding shrines for some reason
No shit, forbid I play the game and want to see what it offers.
>>
>>383867761
That's one of them, yeah.
>>
>>383867769
If play normally you won't see more than 10 combat shrines

Don't some guardians have new laser moves too? Unless I am mistaken
>>
>>383858187
But Zelda has a deep an intricate plot with a complecated timeline that needs a graph to understand
>>
>>383867761
>>383867797
Not to nitpick and move the goalpost, but that is literally just a straight hall with guardians and a shrine....and nothing else.
>>
File: DBSsf3VUQAAFKK6.jpg (85KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
DBSsf3VUQAAFKK6.jpg
85KB, 1280x720px
Am I the only one who doesn't want to finish all the shrines? I hate those

>wait for this specific hour to do this gimmick to make the shrine appear

the only good ones were the island and the mazes
>>
>>383856094
Can someone explain why they like caves so much? They are so boring aesthetically. Drab ass colours and shit lighting
>>
>>383868186
The labyrinths would have been better if you couldn't just climb on top of them. The Lost Woods shrines were also fun to get to.
>>
>>383868186
Who the fuck wants to get 120/120 shrines or 100% anything in the game. You aren't meant to do that.
>>
>>383866728
so BotW had 71 good underworld puzzles and the blessing shrines were rewards for overworld puzzles

twilight princess had 2 caves.

71 > 2
>>
>>383868331
but the labrinths are designed so that just climbing on top of them doesn't really break them
>enemies patrol the tops
>paths go between the walls marked on the minimap, so its hard to guess where you need to drop unless you already know
>>
File: 1482828957451.jpg (17KB, 350x420px) Image search: [Google]
1482828957451.jpg
17KB, 350x420px
>>383868257
Because the shrines aren't any better aesthetically.

>>383868357
>You aren't meant to play the game thoroughly and see what it has to offer
I hate Nintendo fanboys. Absolutely.

>>383868448
I'm not defending Twilight Princess, nor did I bring it up. Again, no one's denying the overworld puzzles are good. It's just the look that gets repetitive.
>>
File: 1496369580834.jpg (684KB, 850x1202px) Image search: [Google]
1496369580834.jpg
684KB, 850x1202px
>>383868331
oh yeah, lost wood shrines were good too

>>383868357
the worst part is that I have finished 112 already
>>
>>383868643
You really are not for BOTW. Are you saying the devs meant for you to get 900 koroks? Sorry you have completionist autism
>>
>>383856094
>I would rather be able to explore underneath or within the world then be able to climb everything
Then go play any other action RPG. There's hundreds of games made just for you. I'm sorry that this ONE wasn't specifically tailored to suit your interests.
>>
>>383856094
Definitely. No underwater areas too. I understand that proper underwater swimming would have required a whole bunch of extra work, especially if it properly incorporated the physics, but BotW's shallow swimming was just boring and tedious.
>>
>>383868795
No one mentioned the Koroks, fanboy. Stop moving the goalpost. And so the fuck what if people want to find all the Korok seeds? Are they not allowed to? Why put them in the game if they're not to be found?

Take the Nintencock out your mouth for a minute.
>>
>>383868643
>I'm not defending Twilight Princess, nor did I bring it up. Again, no one's denying the overworld puzzles are good. It's just the look that gets repetitive.

who the fuck cares about the "look"?
the game has the most content of any zelda game by a hundredfold
>>
>>383856803

The game has a great feel early on in a playthough, but I notice even more in my 2nd playthrough that that game looses steam when you are 3/4 through the game really fast, because your only option is more shrines, or item farming.

Unlocking the games maps loses the games mystery more than I thought too.
>>
>>383856950
>underground caves and dungeons
So one room is cave or dungeon now?
Oh boy I can see the advertisements on new open word INSPIRED BY BOTW
>we have 1500 dungeons and caves*
>*one room each most of them copy pasted but hey you loved that shit, didn't you?
>>
>>383868962
You are calling me a fanboy for just expressing my opinion? Of course you can do that, but you obviously are not meant to. That's why there is no X/900 in the screen, and that's why the reward is a joke. I am merely drawing a parallel to shrines. There are many of them so the player won't miss it, but you are not supposed to find them all.

Jesus you fags need to chill. Just because I disagree with you doesn't mean I am a fanboy. Saying that makes you seem like one instead.
>>
>>383869121
They aren't copy pasted though, and I would love it if a game has 1500 shrine-like rooms desu
>>
File: legend of fi.png (287KB, 909x878px) Image search: [Google]
legend of fi.png
287KB, 909x878px
>people finally waking up to what I've been saying all along

Just give me an ocarina of time again and I'll be happy. Too bad Aonuma hates fun now.
>>
File: fuckoffcunt.png (137KB, 224x290px) Image search: [Google]
fuckoffcunt.png
137KB, 224x290px
>>383869039
>content
There's that word again. Even funnier is that you're not supposed to go after all this supposed content or you're a completionist. You're losing steam, fanboy.

>>383869179
No, I'm calling you a fanboy for getting pissy that people have issues with the game and you're going back and forth trying to shame or berate me for either trying to play the game the way I want or not liking what the game offers. Who are you to dictate how people should play the game? That's the problem I have with you. Fuck off.
>>
>>383869425
I am not pissy my man, seriously man? I'm not dictating, I am merely expressing my opinion. I think the game isn't meant to be 100%, you are free to ignore it. You do sound pissy though, chill
>>
>>383860832
thats great and all, but Botw took the concept of the hidden areas and made the entire game about them.

Meanwhile they forgot to add the other stuff from the other zeldas: story, music, dungeons, item progression. Why couldn't they just make a full fledged zelda game and had the shrines and korok seeds be the topping? They serve the same purpose as finding heart pieces in past games. Why did Nintendo half ass it by forgetting to finish the game?
>>
>>383869425
You are supposed to go after it, just not ALL of it you dumb fuck. It has content but the reward for 100%ing the shrines is rather shit, so I don't feel it is worth it. If you like the shrines themselves go for it, go wild. But I do not feel that the reward for doing so is worth it

Is this a valid opinion or am I a fanboy?
>>
>>383869659
>Is this a valid opinion or am I a fanboy?
>You dumb fuck
You tell me.
>>
>>383856094
WHY
CAN'T
I
BOARD
SKELETON HORSES
REEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>383869589
>story
It exists, although it isn't as heavy as usual. The memories are well-made but I agree there is not much
>music
Exists too, its more minimalistic but saying it has no music is exaggerating. The music is also used for great effect either to build hype or atmosphere
>item progression
I would disagree on the premise that other zeldas have item progression. Outside of a select few items the items you get from dungeons are only used in one dungeon itself. That's not progression, it's like giving the player something useless outside of that one particular area
>dungeons
I agree since the divine beasts are short
>>
>>383869726
Wait so having an insult makes me a fanboy? I'm just insulting how you are thick as fuck and constantly evade my actual point, exaggerating it while calling me a fanboy. Nothing about you disliking the game
>>
>>383869845
The music is hardly there. Meanwhile, in other zeldas, each area had its own musical theme. In Botw, music is reused constantly. Instead of areas having a differientation, only "situations" have music instead, killing all the mood the game may have had.

Item progression is one of the main ways of measuring Link's growth from simpleton to hero. It also allows a player to gradually learn their items while also allowing the designer to create clever and interesting set pieces to test a player's building inventory. Btw, most items from dungeons are useful outside them.
>>
>>383869589
>Meanwhile they forgot to add the other stuff from the other zeldas: story, music, dungeons, item progression. Why couldn't they just make a full fledged zelda game and had the shrines and korok seeds be the topping? They serve the same purpose as finding heart pieces in past games. Why did Nintendo half ass it by forgetting to finish the game?

They consciously rejected the zelda formula and kicked it out
they didn't want a game with a linear story, linear puzzles, linear item progression and handholding

they epitomized all those things you wanted and called it skyward sword and it was AWFUL
>>
>>383869821
1) because it would die at 5 am
2) because it would eat the other horses
>>
File: 06C.jpg (357KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
06C.jpg
357KB, 1280x720px
>>383870024
Skyward Sword was a half assed zelda, too, but at least it was more of a zelda game than Botw. Botw is a sandbox survival game for people to dick around it. It's hardly a zelda game.
>>
>>383870068
WHY does it have to die at 5am
>>
>>383870017
>most items are useful outside of them
Not really. For example in TP the only items you use outside of dungeons are the hookshot and the rod for an extremely shitty segment of the game. I also disagree that items are a good measurement, if at all. The item progression is reset with every new dungeon since they require a new one, and learning them is so easy there is no sense of accomplishment at all. The progression does not feel it is carried over to anything

And what is wrong with situational music? It's the same as combat or boss themes. In fact I think the subdued music elsewhere gives those situations more of a punch. I don't see how it ruins mood
>>
>>383870104
I disagree. Skyward sword completely forgot the exploration aspect of zelda, while breath of the wild at least has puzzles and exploration.

Also survival game? Survival how? Sandbox? You can entirely ignore those aspects and still have a 20+ hour game

Also I had no idea you dictated what a zelda game is.
>>
>>383870234
>For example in TP the only items you use outside of dungeons are the hookshot and the rod for an extremely shitty segment of the game
what is

>ball and chain
>bomb
>clawshot
>rod
>boomerang
>bow
>iron boots

You could still use the spinner if you wanted. It sucked but it worked.
>>
>>383870024
skyward sword is unplayable, that's a different kind of problem
>>
>>383870350
Botw is a 20+ hour game because it pads the game with stretches of nothing, lots of running + climbing, and throws constant seeds and shrines at you to further make it feel like you're spending valuable time when you're not. Rpgs use to do the same thing to make the player feel like they were getting the bang for their buck. But Botw might as well had cost $10 cause I've seen indie early access survival games more content heavy than it
>>
The problem with breath of the wild is that the rewards were too formulaic, the only good things you could find is armor and they usually had uncreative stat boosts and were rare. The other games rewarded side stuff with unique weapons (which are permanent in other games so they actually matter), items, item upgrades, bottles, spells, masks. Its ironic how despite having the largest zelda world it had the least amount of unique stuff to find in it.
>>
File: holdingtheseballoons.png (520KB, 527x561px) Image search: [Google]
holdingtheseballoons.png
520KB, 527x561px
>>383869949
If people want to find all 120 shines and all 900 Koroks, that's their goddamn business. Considering how long we had to wait for it, I'd say they're entitled to do just that, and if the reward for all of that isn't worth it, that's more on Nintendo than it is the people who went out their way to find it all, but of course you're not attacking them for that, of course the people who find all that stuff is to blame, not the company that had to delay the game countless times and couldn't get their shit together with it.

Typical fanboy.
>>
>>383856094
It's less the lack of caverns/underground areas and more the utter lack of any actual dungeons.

A part of older zelda games was each dungeon had a theme, multiple puzzles around that theme, you had to actually explore the dungeon and open locked doors by solving puzzles to get an item needed to reach the boss.

The 4 sacred beasts try something like this but they are so short that it's not satisfying, it's basically just one big puzzle room with some side rooms to hit switches to spawn the boss and nothing else. They are basically shrines puzzles but a bit bigger with a boss.

I'd rather a game with a handful of large dungeons (pretty much any other zelda) to explore than a few dozen 1~3 room mini-dungeon with a single puzzle. The shrines are fun at first and nice to look for and find but when that's all there is it's kinda disappointing.

It's pretty much the exact opposite of skyward sword, which had literally nothing but it's dungeons.
>>
>>383870210
because evil skellys die to light.
>>
>autistic OoT fags are getting pissy again
It's because of you cunts trash like SS exists. Can you please just go replay your shitty corridor simulators and stop trying to ruin Zelda after it was finally fixed? Thanks.
>>
>>383870593
Yeah they can find it, I'm not saying they aren't. I'm not attacking anyone for it, I'm just saying it doesn't feel worth it for me, jesus. People can do what they want. Don't be so touchy dude. Seriously do you call everyone who disagrees with you a fanboy?
>>
>>383870506
So what is content to you? Just because you don't feel like it is worth it does not mean it doesn't exist

>>383870593
Who's attacking who again?
>>
>>383858525
>Wind Waker
>good story
>>
>>383870845
This. Even the ending sequence feels hamfisted as fuck. The zelda "twist" is also the worst twist I have ever seen ruined her character permanently
>>
>>383870641
If it was up to us, SS wouldnt exist either.
>>
>>383856094
BotW's world being skin deep is probably it's biggest problem
>>
>>383870520
Unique weapons matter more because they don't break? I'll actually disagree with this. Usually you get stuck with the best weapon you have and never use the so called unique weapons because the permanent one you have is just better, period.
>>
Hyrule castle is great, having even 2 more of those types of dungeon would have saved the game. Like a Shadow Temple theme torture dungeon near Kakariko Village, a ruined Spirit Temple in the desert, maybe a tree on an island with a sprawling cave system underneath terminating in a dragon, anything. Instead we got the same dungeon theme 4 times, which were ok at best, and a few good shrines in the sea of shit combat shrines. Even theming the shrines to their areas would have made them more fun to find, it just feels lazy the way it is
>>
File: 1472359976298.gif (554KB, 287x216px) Image search: [Google]
1472359976298.gif
554KB, 287x216px
>>383870729
>People can do what they want
THEN DON'T FUCKING ATTACK PEOPLE WHO ARE DOING IT, YOU SHITTER.
>Seriously do you call everyone who disagrees with you a fanboy?
I'M CALLING YOU A FANBOY BECAUSE YOU ATTACK THE PEOPLE WHO ARE GOING AFTER ALL THE SHRINES AND KOROK SEEDS INSTEAD OF SHITTING ON NINTENDO FOR MAKING THE REWARD SO SHITTY

Yes, I'm fucking mad. You're so thickheaded and trying to play innocent with this matter. If it's not a problem, leave them be. Let them get their money's worth, we're stuck with it for another six years.
>>
>>383871067
I am not attacking anyone? Seriously are you high? What?
>>
>>383871062
There are like less than 20 combat shrines dude
>>
File: 1437977267683.gif (730KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1437977267683.gif
730KB, 200x150px
>>383871029
>no person ever in history has stuck to a weapon they liked just to like it
>what is dark souls

That's because botw doesnt have an actual good weapon system that balances weapons by giving them different damage types and enemies different weaknesses to said types. Oh, and a good repair system where your weapon doesnt break (and also realistic where smaller weapons or fragile weapons break more often than heavier weapons). And even then you can bring along items to repair them on demand. You know...a game that has more options and is better made.
>>
File: 1437690880090.gif (524KB, 500x620px) Image search: [Google]
1437690880090.gif
524KB, 500x620px
>>383871067
How are rewards for shrines bad? Stamina and health upgrades are very useful.
And did you seriously tried to collect all 900 koroks? Top kek what a fucking autist. Stay mad.
>>
>>383871029
Weapons don't mean anything with the durability system because I know its not unique, the only unique weapon in breath of the wild is the master sword. I don't get any satisfaction from finding royal greatsword #33 while I did from getting the golden sword or biggoron sword because they are one of a kind.
>>
>>383871221
blessing + combat is probably half of all shrines
>>
>>383871235
>what is dark souls
Exactly what I described. People stick with a weapon they like solely because of the repair system. Oh and don't get me started on the upgrade system making weapons you find later on just not worth it as titante slabs and chunks are so rare
>>
File: games.png (85KB, 1297x747px) Image search: [Google]
games.png
85KB, 1297x747px
/V/ WILL DENY THIS
>>
>>383871263
They aren't bad, just formulaic, it takes any surprise out of exploration when that is the most important part of exploration.
>>
>>383871358
So...in a game that lets you do anything...

Why is it suddenly a bad idea to not allow a player to use whatever weapon they want?
>>
>>383871334
Not even close. As posted above its 40 something shrines. Also what's wrong with blessing shrines? I find that they are tied to pretty nice puzzles
>>
>>383859323

Yeah, of course it was
>>
>>383871409
Oh sure you can, but don't pretend unique weapons are anything good when the system deincentivizes you to use them, making you have a hoard of unique but ultimately useless weapons
>>
>>383871372
alttp didn't have 18 dungeons
>>
>>383871263
>120 shrines
>No, you're not supposed to go after all of them!
And I'm sure as hell not going after all those fuckers, but if people want to, that's their business. Funny how all this content is in the game, yet going after it is a problem. If I see a shrine, Am I not supposed to go after it? Isn't the point of the game to explore and find things?
>>
Its a great game but a shitty zelda game. Why didnt nintendo just make a new IP with all of these assets?
>>
>>383871334
You get blessing shrines only after completing some side quest or a puzzle and even then there are less blessing and combat shrines than there are normal ones. Did you even play the game?
>>
>implying you're not just a jealous shitposter
BotW is flawless faggots, stay jealous. You probably didn't even play it.
>>
>>383871515
Yeah that's their business. I'm just recommending against it. How can you miss the point so bad? Is everything this black and white to you?
>>
>>383871492
>unique weapons are anything good
>saying a person who likes a certain weapon is considered a bad thing
>believes that a game with a variety of weapon choices is also bad

So by your logic, Botw might as well not allow you the choice to do whatever you want. I mean, you already believe it's useless to have weapon choice cause players will just DO WHAT THEY WANT. So why give the player choice at all? Let's just make the entirety of Botw a cinematic Telltale game!
>>
>>383871515
When did I say that going after all shrines is bad? I only mentioned Koroks, you autismo.
>>
>>383871576
>falseflagging this hard

>>383871562
>this meme again
>>
>>383871415
Whatever it is, it's a lot
"120" shrines isn't that impressive when 40 of them are shit right off the bat, and even among those that aren't combat/blessing, you have some really garbage ones. Like that one you climb up the hill with metal balls and rupees falling down. That's it. It's not even a puzzle, it's just stupid

I'd say there are only about 5 shrines that actually feel satisfying in the same way a classic Zelda dungeon felt satisfying. It's mostly just filler.
>>
>>383871612
I am saying there is 0 point in implementing unique weapons if your game is not built around encouraging the use of them in your playthrough, like in the other zeldas. You agree with that no?
>>
>>383871624
Don't play stupid with me.
>>
File: s0nygger_tears.jpg (77KB, 600x354px) Image search: [Google]
s0nygger_tears.jpg
77KB, 600x354px
6/10 at best.
>>
>>383871728
>I am saying there is 0 point in implementing unique weapons
Then there is zero point in implementing unique play experiences. Railroad the player and have everyone experience the game the same way!
>>
>>383871691
Some of the blessing shrines are really good though, what's your beef with them? I'm curious
>>
>>383871398
>They aren't bad, just formulaic, it takes any surprise out of exploration
So it's literally exactly like all previous Zelda games then?
>hmmm I wonder what could be in this secret hidden cave
>it's either a rupee or heart container
Sure is exciting right? At least some shrines have unique armor in them and puzzles that are fun.
>>
File: comfy.jpg (11KB, 192x146px) Image search: [Google]
comfy.jpg
11KB, 192x146px
I hope Odyssey doesn't shit on players for wanting to collect everything, or at least have something better than BOTW's literal golden turd
>>
>>383871776
This nigga went full retard.
>>
>>383871770
What the fuck are you even talking about?
>>
>>383868331
>The Lost Woods shrines
The one you gotta follow the Korok pissed me off, I ended up jumping at the top of trees because he always spotted me
>>
>>383871776
The play experiences are not unique though. You just do more damage or maybe have longer range and that is it. Just with a different weapon skin

You call that unique?

Unique weapons are great when the gameplay gives their uniqueness the ability to shine. Like long combo strings which feel very different.
>>
>>383871497
5 light world dungeons
8 dark world dungeons
~3-5 minidungeons
>>
>>383871372
Looks about right, why would /v/ deny this?
>>
>>383871867
You know damn well I was talking about the Koroks, faggot. If people want to find all 900 of them, let 'em. I lost all motivation to play the game after 95 hours and around 70-ish shrines or so and 160 seeds.
>>
>>383871824
See
>>383870520
>>
>>383871907
>Unique weapons are great when the gameplay gives their uniqueness the ability to shine
of course. a good weapon system has no place in nintendo's baby's first survival game
>>
>>383871562
How can it be a shitty Zelda game when it's objectively better than all Zelda games except OOT?
>>
>>383871989
I'd say it's more accurate if the dungeons in each game had a different icon representing each one, and then Botw had mostly the same icon all over its map.
>>
>>383872034
>I lost all motivation to play the game after 95 hours
Oh wow, how horrible.
>>
>>383872061
What is your argument again? You haven't addressed my point at all, which is that the previous unique weapons in other zelda games suck, and I don't understand wanting more of them
>>
>>383872165
>which is that the previous unique weapons in other zelda games suck
keep shilling, good goy. let them all know that botw is the best game this year.
>>
>>383871834
I hope not, completionist autists deserve to suffer.
>>
>>383871652
You're the fucking falseflagger if you disagree with my post you cuck
>>
>>383872229
What the fuck are you talking about my man? I don't even think botw is the best game this year. Can you stop deflecting?
>>
I dunno. I got pretty bored with the game after about 20 or so hours. Sure the physics are fun and some of the interactions are pretty cool and solving puzzles using some jacked up method is satisfying as hell when you don't think it'll work but does in the end. Weapon durability was just a tedious mechanic. Exploration just wasn't as exciting when you realize the only things worth finding are korok seeds and shrines, both of which lose their luster after the first dozen or so.

The combat is also complete fucking ass and feels like garbage. /v/ will shit on Witcher 3 for eons for the shitty combat but somehow BOTW gets a pass? I am honestly baffled. It turns into just dodge, flurry, repeat until weapon is broken or enemy is dead. Sure you can show me a million different webms/gifs showing some "SUPER EPIC" kill combo using bombs/arrows/lightning or some shit from Reddit but in the end the combat is just dull overall. Some enemies are damage sponges for the sake of being damage sponges.

The game overall is pretty good, probably a 7 or 8 out of 10 but the lack of any real solid music and shitty combat really detract from what would be a great Zelda experience. I think what really would have set this above all the others would've been taking the shrines, combining them into multiple dungeons with their own unique themes and music and hiding them throughout the world instead. Use korok seeds for stamina upgrades and lower the overall amount, use dungeons for heart containers. I would've loved 10-15 mini dungeons with multiple rooms using the various puzzles from the shrines, fuck you could even just theme each dungeon after each of the puzzle themes (apparatus, combat trials, etc.) The shrines honestly feel like something that was tacked on later into development after they couldn't come up with proper dungeons.
>>
>>383859198
Skyward Sword has better characters than BoTW

They're just in a shit game.

Actually I would argue Majora's mask has the best of them all.
>>
>>383872450
Breath of the wild does not get a pass for its melee combat, but its excellent ranged combat is so overlooked its almost insulting
>>
>>383872485
>Skyward Sword has better characters than BoTW
This is bait. The only remotely decent character in SS was Groose, everyone else were a bunch of bland forgettable shits. And Ghirahim was just plain annoying.
>>
>>383872450
>you can show me that the combat is interesting but its still dull just because
I don't get it

Also isn't shitty combat like a staple of the series? Hell even TP squandered its potential
>>
File: zelda.jpg (347KB, 1500x801px) Image search: [Google]
zelda.jpg
347KB, 1500x801px
I hope the sequel is on the same engine but has the enemy variety of TP
even NES zelda 1 had more enemy variety
>>
>>383872485
If by better you mean annoying sure.
>>
File: peatrice.png (140KB, 500x550px) Image search: [Google]
peatrice.png
140KB, 500x550px
>>383872594
>The only remotely decent character in SS was Groose
>>
>>383872594
I cared more about the people in the town in SS than anyone in BotW

>>383872672
Only Fi
>>
>>383872739
>Only Fi
>>
>>383872739
Just because you like eating a bunch of turds doesn't everyone else do too, sweetie.
>>
>>383871793
Why don't you mention which ones you think were good, because I'm trying to think of a single good one and I can't. There was an awful lot of tedious shit. Like, move all the balls into the correct holes in the desert. That's not a puzzle, it's just filler. You had to climb several of those statues just to figure out which they were. When the hard part is how much time it wastes, it's not an interesting puzzle. The riddles were all too easy, the game went out of its way to make sure you knew which parts were even the hints by highlighting them

Just generally speaking, BotW really didn't have that good of puzzles. Most of them seemed designed just to show you some physics gimmick like, "hey, this is a thing you can do physics" and after you do it a couple times, that was the entire shrine. Not only that, but that was usually the only time in the whole game you had to use that particular trick, which from a game design perspective isn't very good. If they were all building towards some kind of master dungeon that made you apply all of it, that would have been great, but the divine beasts were nearly as bad as the shrines

I like out of the box, non-conventional stuff like, for instance, in that shrine you had to transport the blue flame, you have to hold the torch out to keep it from getting hit by water. Where you have to approach something differently, instead of just doing the only possible thing there even is to do, with no red herrings, because Nintendo doesn't want to stump the little kids playing this game
>>
>>383872739
Well I didn't. I found all of them insufferable safe for groose, who is a total bro. Especially how patronizing they feel when they speak to you
>>
>>383872613
>you can show me that the combat is interesting but its still dull just because
>I don't get it

As in there just isn't an incentive to do that sort of stuff. The set up is just too great, too many coincidences with the weather, etc. 99% of the time it's just more efficient to dodge and flurry for most enemies. The potential for good combat was there but they decided to shoot for the open world meme. Good memorable music? That's Zelda. Unique and interesting dungeons? That's Zelda. Shitty combat? Something Zelda shouldn't remain to be known for.
>>
File: 480px-BeedleSS.png (189KB, 480x600px) Image search: [Google]
480px-BeedleSS.png
189KB, 480x600px
>>383872721
naw
>>
>>383872879
most annoyin character ever
>>
File: IMG_0381.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0381.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>383868357
TOO BAD BITCH THATS EXACTLY WHAT I DID
>>
>>383872835
How were they patronizing?
>>
>>383872534
>its excellent ranged combat is so overlooked its almost insulting

It's ok. Nothing super mind blowing. How is it so great by chance? I'm just not seeing it.
>>
>>383872826
Eventide
The labyrinths
The temple of time
The one in hyrule castle

Also I don't see anything wrong with physic puzzles. Much better than the lock key puzzles in the previous zeldas

Also about the particular trick part, the runes are far more useful in normal gameplay as compared to other items in zeldas
>>
>>383872972
the problem with physics puzzle is that it was the only thing in the game. all nintendo did was replace the many puzzles of the old zelda games, and put in one type of puzzle: physics.
>>
>>383872936
>the arrows have weight and are affected by wind currents
>the bow actually takes so time to be drawn
>aiming is actually smooth and fast due to gyro

Maybe it's because I have played HZD before this, and the ranged combat is shite there
>>
>>383872826
>Why don't you mention which ones you think were good, because I'm trying to think of a single good one and I can't

thunder balls quest in ridgeland
3 labyrinths
three giant brothers
eventide isle
The Silent Swordswomen
Shrouded Shrine
The Test of Wood
snowball bowling shrine
Master of the Wind
>>
>>383872862
>Unique and interesting dungeons? That's Zelda
Yeah man, all those fire/earth/ice/water/wind/whatever dungeons with amazing puzzles that consists of shooting a thing with a bow/slingshot to open a door were super unique and interesting.
>>
>>383871793
In every other Zelda
>do an overworld puzzle
>a chest appears in a beam of light
>get a piece of heart

In BotW
>do an overworld puzzle
>shine comes out of the ground
>cutscene where characters just look at a shrine
>"Whoa! Where did that come from? I've never seen anything like it"
>cutscene where shrine is activated and the doors open
>loading screen
>cutscene where Link steps into the shrine
>it's just a single chest and a mummy
>it's a flameblade, one of three you already have
>cutscene where the mummy gives you a spirit orb and dissolves
>loading screen
>cutscene where Link steps back into the overworld.
>>
>>383872826
Zelda never had good puzzles. Puzzles need to get the fuck out of the franchise because they don't belong in the series.
>>
File: IMG_0382.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0382.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
I have horizon platinumed too and I liked that game better than botw
>>
>>383873018
>many puzzles
Oh so you boil down BOTW's puzzles when if you look back at the other zeldas all of their puzzles are simply using item at x and watching a little cutscene as the puzzle gets solved
>>
File: horizon zero ai.webm (3MB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
horizon zero ai.webm
3MB, 960x544px
>>383873119
how could anyone hate on HZD's bow combat?
>>
>>383873195
Oh you're that one guy, it's like you appear in every single BOTW thread singing the praises of horizon somehow
>>
>>383873119
don't overlook the part where enemies actually react to you drawing your bow
>enemies zigzag to be harder to hit when approaching you
>hold up shields to block projectiles
>hinox puts a hand over its eye
>lizalfos run insanely fast around you
>guardians sway side to side to make aiming harder
>>
>>383873276
I've beaten both games to 100% my opinions are valid
>>
>>383873182
>Zelda never had good puzzles.

Rewriting history.
>>
>>383873356
Yeah but fancy you bringing it up every time. Why? Seeking validation?
>>
>>383873356
Well I've beaten your mom to 100% last night and I think BotW is better.
>>
>>383873135
>Yeah man, all those fire/earth/ice/water/wind/whatever dungeons with amazing puzzles that consists of shooting a thing with a bow/slingshot to open a door were super unique and interesting.

With their own unique music people still remember to this day, along with unique bosses, not diarrhea Ganon or giant reskin #285. At the very least the architecture was interesting and was cool to see all the different ways the theme was perpetuated throughout the dungeon.

And don't act like the shrines are any different. Replace shooting switches and pressing buttons with... shooting switches and pressing buttons, but this time in 120 rooms that all look the same! Oh wait, closer to 80 since ~40 of them don't even have puzzles to go along with them.
>>
>>383873214
here's the different types of puzzles in ocarina of time, and isnt all of them since I cant remember all the different ones off the bat:

>push the block
>hit the eye
>light the torches
>twist the hallways
>attack the ghosts in the paintings until you get it to come out
>manage the water levels to find your way through the water temple
>use ruto to hold down switches in jabu jabu belly
>destroy webs in deku tree to progress

It goes on and on.

Now here's the puzzle in botw:

>use any of your tools to get to the target goal

The only part where a different puzzle came in was in the divine beasts, mostly because they each had a different function for activating specific object states.

In simplest terms, Botw is incredibly simple as far as puzzles are concerned.
>>
>>383873435
Not just Validation, but I want a proper trophy system for The Switch too. I find it lacking
>>
Botw is literally shit. Big skyrim world littered with nothing or a copy paste baby puzzle that you shouldn't bother with anyway
>>
>>383873369
>pushing a block onto a giant obvious button is a good puzzle
>>
>>383873521
More of the puzzles in BOTW revolve around forming a path by manipulating items using physics, not switches.And when they do switches they use physics to complement it as well. Also no, blessing shrines have a puzzle to go with them. Also I like the architecture in the beasts more than traditional dungeons
>>
>>383873664
>implying the games didnt switch up later in the game by making pushing a block harder
>>
>>383873557
Wew look at all that padding and reduction for BOTW. You know all the above can be boiled down to "using tools to reach target" too right?
>>
File: 1492349095594.jpg (111KB, 700x913px) Image search: [Google]
1492349095594.jpg
111KB, 700x913px
So far this game managed to generate more butthurt than Bayonetta 2, Bloodborne and Witcher 3 combined.
Will /v/ ever recover?
>>
>Nintendo said Open World is the way Zelda will continue from now on

Its dead

Instead of fixing the problems people had with the series they threw it in a ditch and copied skyrim and ubisoft open world trite.

All they had to do was

1. Not make every item you get useless after 1 dungeon
2. Stop shoving 20 hour tutorials and having a fucking annoying companion telling you things you already know while interrupting your gameplay.
>>
>>383873664
Nice cherry picking.
>>
>>383873808
Bloodborne and bayo 2 still has more butthurt my man.
>>
>>383873831
>Its dead

Kek.
>>
>>383873831
>not first post from this IP
Huhhhh, I wonder which other post you made???
>>
>>383873831
If they shifted the shrines into multiple dungeons with their own unique theme and gave us bombastic Zelda music again I'm fine with it. The runes are a good replacement for items but having the classic items back would be cool. In fact bring them back just for the sake of making exploration easier.
>>
>>383873834
Wait there's more!
>use item at obvious spot and watch the puzzle solve itself for you
>>
>>383873831
>Its dead
The shitty old formula that got stale after MM you mean? Good riddance.
>>
>>383874047
this is why millenials need to all be sent to basic
>>
File: interactive water.webm (797KB, 572x466px) Image search: [Google]
interactive water.webm
797KB, 572x466px
EXPLAIN THIS BOTW FAGS

1989: You can freeze entire water pools in a spreading ice effect
2000: Link can shoot an ice arrow into water to create a temporary platform
2017: Ice arrow hits water and does literally nothing
>>
Breath of the wild's puzzles are poorly design:
>Korkok seed puzzles involving pushing a boulder
>weapons take durability damage from swining at them
> there are many puzzles where the weapon will break in the process of trying to aim the shoddy physics just right so the boulder goes in the hole
>you will run out of weapons for quite a few of them
>this means you need to run back collect more weapons then climb back up to solve puzzle adding so many layers of tedium instead of just allowing weapons to not break while doing puzzles

Korok Seed Tree Puzzles
>game does not explain that you're supposed to hit fruit out of the tree until odd looking fruit tree matches with others
>you can only hit fruit down with arrows
>arrows do not spawn nearly enough
>electric and fire arrows wind up destroying the puzzle
>enemies can also destroy puzzle if they run up behind you
>puzzle does not reset upon sleeping
>tree respawns are on a totally different random timer which involve killing monsters and triggering multiple bloodmoons until you can have another wack at the tree puzzles

Majority of BOTW puzzles are tedious shit.
>>
>>383873808
>So far this game managed to generate more butthurt than Bayonetta 2, Bloodborne and Witcher 3 combined

Pfft hardly. Multiple threads for Bloodborne and Witcher 3 get made every single day and it's been years. I doubt BOTW will see that many threads as the years go on. I mean shit look at how much hype nintendofags gave to ARMS and look at how dead that shit is.
>>
>>383873831
>the cancer style of Zelda is finally dead

Maybe they can remove puzzles too and we'll finally get Zelda back on the track it was meant to be on.
>>
>>383874184
>muh durability

I haven't dropped below 15 unused weapons in my inventory in master mode with golden enemies everywhere
>>
>>383874171
>what is cryonis
>>
>>383874184
>he doesn't use bombs to replace weapons when they run out
>he doesn't prepare before a shrine
>complaining about how the game punishes you for the lack of preparation
>literally complaining about dumb actions ruining puzzles
What, they actually sound like praise to me
>>
>>383874184
How fucking inept are you? Jesus christ, are you like 12?
>>
>>383874184
You do realize you can climb up the tree and grab the fruits from the tree right? Fucking retard
>>383873939
Who gives a shit BotW sucks. I mean I guess its not as bad as Skyward Sword, but its pretty fucking boring. It just feels like you're doing the same shit constantly. A glorified collectithon game where theres nothing else to do except collect things.
>>
>>383874318
that's not a korok golf boulder puzzle. The one near the Skull island is a primary offender because there is literally nothing by it that spawns weapons.
>>
>>383874184
>poorly designed
Except it punishes you for fucking up as seen in your post. Hell they even give you weapons for those stasis segments or in shrines that require arrows. I'll call that good design
>>
>>383874490
Huhhhh of course you think that, and of course you don't think that about other zeldas

>>383874501
You have a map marker, use it. It's like complaining you can't complete a puzzle because you don't have the hookshot yet
>>
>>383874417
The bombs are unrulely when it comes to the physics puzzles.

They send them in the wrong direction since you have no control over anything when it comes to bomb blasts

weapons are the only way to do korok seed boulder puzzles that require sending the boulder over long distances and not just pushing them down a cliff. You have to save and reload a lot for a few of them since the physuics are wonky as shit. This is like Garry's Mod levels of insane loose physics.
>>
>>383874184
>> there are many puzzles where the weapon will break in the process of trying to aim the shoddy physics just right so the boulder goes in the hole
>>you will run out of weapons for quite a few of them
>>this means you need to run back collect more weapons then climb back up to solve puzzle adding so many layers of tedium instead of just allowing weapons to not break while doing puzzles
In 200 hours this never happened to me once. Not once. You must be fucking useless in bed.

>>game does not explain that you're supposed to hit fruit out of the tree until odd looking fruit tree matches with others.
Waaaaaaaahhhhh the game doesn't hold my hand and explain everything to me, I'm expected to figure out things on my own!

If you don't like the fucking tree puzzles, walk past and do one of the other 900. Not even Nintendo expect anyone to actually do them all.
>>
>>383874531
No it's shit design, punishing the player properly is what Dark Souls and Monster Hunter do, this is just lazy shit.

You want pushing puzzles done right play Catherine, hell try platinuming Catherine. BOTW is lazy and shoddy when it comes to puzzles.
>>
>>383874712
The physics are not wonky my man, it's just that you suck at aiming and judging distance
>>
>>383874808
>it lazy because it punishes me for inadequate preparation
Do you cry when your weapon breaks when fighting a boss in dark souls too? You sound like you would, it's almost the exact same scenario

The reasons people come up with to shit on this game is really bizarre, especially when they have a double standard
>>
File: 1499362144622.jpg (57KB, 606x592px) Image search: [Google]
1499362144622.jpg
57KB, 606x592px
Has anyone noticed that when people complain about BotW, they only really bring up stupid minor things or completely subjective non-issues?
>>
Here's how you properly punish a player by letting them get right back to attempting the challenge, this is what Dark Souls and MH allow you to head right back to the bosses.

Shit design is when you have a fuckload of busywork you need to redo just in order to get back to the challenge

Breath of the wild loads it up on the busy work when the zelda formula was fine as is.
>>
>>383874965
>comparing dark souls durability to botw's

kek
>>
>>383874184
>>383874712
>>383874808
>reddit spacing
>a complete retard
Gee, what a coincidence.
>>
>>383874965
Dark Souls weapons don't break every 15 seconds

you can also carry repair power with you and fix your shit on the fly

No such ability exists in BOTW
>>
>>383872934
He's making shit up. Despising Skyward Sword in every way is what the hive-mind currently thinks is cool.
>>
Let's not even bring up the basketball hoop rock puzzles

you're tossing stones into the water and leaving things up to chance which is why they gave every puzzle around 30 rocks because they knew the physics were off.
>>
File: 1439206791109.png (806KB, 732x720px) Image search: [Google]
1439206791109.png
806KB, 732x720px
>>383874991
>>383875069
>>383875259
You're done yet, you little baby?
>>
>>383869257
Of the 120 shrines, each of the shrine quest dungeons is the same, an empty room where you just run up to the sheikah mummy.

And all of the combat shrines are the same with a different guardian variant plopped in.
>>
>>383875003
I'm pretty sure I know what a good zelda puzzle is since I have the whole series.

And the Korok seed ones are in no way shape or form good puzzles by any stretch of the imagination.
>>
>>383875069
It's the same scenario. No tools to solve a problem? Get punished. Exactly the same.
>>
>>383875361
>each of the shrine quest dungeons is the same, an empty room where you just run up to the sheikah mummy.

The puzzle is on the outside you dunce.
>>
>>383875124
>Despising Skyward Sword in every way is what the hive-mind currently thinks is cool.
>currently
But we always hated SS.
>>
File: Forgottentemple..jpg (136KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Forgottentemple..jpg
136KB, 1280x720px
>find this place
>get hyped as FUCK
>oh shit, Guardian lasers
>OH FUCK DECAYED GUARDIANS EVERYWHERE
>reflecting lasers left and right
>FUCK THIS IS GREAT HOW FAR DOES IT GO WHAT'S AT THE END
>blessing shrine
Man, that made me instantly flaccid. At least it wasn't another Korok (though there are some outside)

I wanted more stuff like Hyrule Castle.
>>
>>383875390
>I know what a good zelda puzzle is
Name 10.
>>
>>383875390
Of course they are not good puzzles as they are too simple, but your complaints are seriously retarded. You're literally complaining the game punishes you for not preparing adequately for a puzzle, or doing it wrong and thus fucking it up.
>>
File: 1473201997390.gif (565KB, 147x154px) Image search: [Google]
1473201997390.gif
565KB, 147x154px
>>383875337
God forbid somebody criticizes your perfect 10/10 game, right?
>>
>>383875523
The criticism is fucking retarded and makes you seem like a mentally impaired toddler though. Hell at least complain about how they are too simple or short or something
>>
>>383875523
There's quite a big difference between criticizing something and crying like a little bitch when you can't complete the simplest fucking puzzle.
>>
>>383875523
See >>383874969
>>
The no underground / no cave exploration in BotW is a problem, the lack of actual temples, which were replaced by the dumbest dungeons in the whole series so far, is a huge one, but the biggest problem, at least for me, is the terrible enemy variety.

Jesus Christ, it's like the designers died at some early point in the project because even OoT has more enemy variety. Bokoblins, bokoblins, moblins, bokoblins, lizalfos, lizalfos, moblins, bokoblins, lizalfos over and over and over. Where are the darknuts in ruins and castles, the deku babas, werewolves and gohma-like creatures in forests, the Poes and ReDeads in cemiteries and abandoned locations at night, the Like-likes etc.

The same applies to world bosses. It's incredible when you fight the Stone Talus for the first time or encounter a Hinox, but then you soon realize there's literally nothing else big to fight in the world other than the Sand Beast, which is restricted to one area.
>>
>>383875503
There's 900 of these fucking things that I did

And there is no way to properly reset them when you're tasked with sending a boulder halfway across the fucking moon. You're going to burn through weapons getting the trajectory right because many of them are honestly crap shoots if the boulder has to go uphill. The Downhill ones are cake but the uphill distance ones are really poorly done.

Besides You've properly not even done all 900
>>
>>383875702
it's almost like games are subjective as a whole
>>
>>383875739
We can only put in enemies that drop weapons because we insisted on a lame durability system. Prease understand.
>>
>>383875604
I'm complaining about the lack of mechanisms for the puzzles. The entire point of puzzles is to be mechanical. Meaning you have to master the mechanics and not allow chance to happen. The korok seed puzzles allow chance to happen that is not a good thing.
>>
>>383875741
Well shit, what can I say, lad. I think you might be literally autistic, I'm sorry.
>>
>>383875741
Of course I have not, I'm not an autist

>>383875739
Yeah enemy variety is a problem
>>
File: Armos_Artwork_(Ocarina_of_Time).png (242KB, 263x475px) Image search: [Google]
Armos_Artwork_(Ocarina_of_Time).png
242KB, 263x475px
>>383875739
I'm legitimately curious as to why they didn't put in Dark Nuts, Iron Knuckles, Armos, or Redead Knights. The Armos wouldn't even need a bunch of animations.
>claymores, axes, soldier swords and shields
>>
>>383875873
Actually mastering the physics is not up to chance. So is clearing up enemies nearby before attempting a puzzle

Once you do more of those physics stuff you can kind of predict what will happen
>>
>>383875739
>>383875968
Whoops. Meant to say all those weapons are already in the game, but just left lying around or given to Moblins.
>>
>>383875791
Not really.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. But not all opinions are equal. Some opinions hold more water than other opinions because they are backed up with reason and accountability.
>>
>>383875968
literally being lazy
>>
>>383875968
I'd rather not have more humanoids desu. Bring on more beasts instead. Having more of both is ideal though
>>
>>383876124
I hope you never go into game dev
>>
>>383856094

I wasn't but considering how cool the caverns were in Twilight Princess I kind of am now.
>>
>>383875968
Laziness
>hey should we have deku scrubs in the forest
>nah just recolor the octorok
>>
>>383875853

You can circumvent that by doing new and clever things with them

>Poes can be killed in one shot by destroying the lanterns with an arrow, their clothes could be burned with fire
>uproot Deku Babas by running behind them or cut the weaker ones to get deku sticks
>fire for reDeads or cut arms to use as weapons like with skeletons
>electricity against darknuts, magnesis to remove weakened armor parts

etc.
>>
>>383876061
No not really I witnessed many times the physics being temperamental. It probably has something to do with the hitboxes for things being uneven or out of alignment. Notice that if link does a multiple sword combo he can have the direction for the time frozen object change at the 7th or 8th hit(because this is how many times an object has to be hit to go max distance) I've had boulders spaz out like the NPCs in a bethesda game.where they'll go all jittery mid air if you freeze and misdirect them midflight.
>>
>>383876330

God, I forgot those are octoroks. Jesus Christ.
>>
>>383876379
I never tried freezing shit in mid air but I felt that the physics are pretty consistent
>>
File: 200px-Chuchu.jpg (9KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
200px-Chuchu.jpg
9KB, 200x200px
>>383875853
Octoroks and Keese also say hi.
>>
>>383876475
You realize chu chu jellies are weapons too right. They can act like bombs
>>
>>383861821
Idk they are not bad, it is a matter of opinion. Played ever fallout from start to go. Hated it, i just finished it because i bought it. Boring games, the only fallout i kinda enjoyed were fallout 1 and 2 which i still own. See? Pure preference. The games may be good but in my opinion they suck. So next time don't act like you statement contains any truth, it is just your opinion
>>
>>383876528
>Keese
>>
>>383876617
You got me here, but do you realize they all die in one hit?
>>
>>383876464
They may appear that way for simple stuff, but you see people experimenting with mine carts and shit and that shows that the system itself is very inconsistent and not really all that refined.
>>
>>383876330
Deku Scrubs and forest Oktoroks are literally the same shit
>>
>>383876724
Yeah, but something more than a reskin would be nice.
inb4 you assume I hate BotW because I'm nitpicking enemies.
>>
>>383876780
It would still be a reskin just a slightly different looking reskin
>>
You notice that Stalnox don't spawn if you camp right by them and have to teleport back into the same spot just to fight them?
>>
>>383877026
No you just have to move further away and come back. They are shy
>>
>>383875476
I'm in the same area, except I already knew it was a fucking shrine at the end remembering how the game treats temples and ruins.
>>
>>383877078
I don't even mind shrines because I find their rewards useful
>>
>>383874969
Forgettable soundtrack, shitty dungeons, boring overworld, bad durability system, generic story, boring fetch quests with useless rewards, bad rewards in general, disregards canon of previous games, no new items, no item progression, combat is discouraged, enemy scaling.
>>
>>383876617
Actually with how the physics work, a well-placed Keese corpse can freeze, shock or ignite you and nearby enemies.

>>383877283
Good for you, some people may have wanted more.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (34KB, 1282x723px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
34KB, 1282x723px
>>383877026
>come across Stalnox as the sun is setting
>doesn't get up
>other skeletal fuckers spawn and start shooting arrows
>kill them
>Stalnox still not up
>Magnesis a crappy spear out of it and leave
>>
>>383877619
Wait you can magnesis weapons out of them?

>>383877456
All subjective but that's okay. There even is item progression to some extent in terms of champ powers and upgraded runes
>>
>>383877719
There was a royal whatever visible underneath it. I just jiggled it out.
>>
A heightmap is not a game.
>>
>>383877456
Stop talking such absolute shite cry baby.
>>
All a sequel or a full expansion needs is to add caves and underworld areas and a few more tools. A grappling hook ala just cause, maybe oil vials or more ways to manipulate the fire mechanics or trap/separate enemies. The best fun comes from fighting enemies with the environment already, and it's a shame master mode didn't double the damage from that
>>
>>383878036
>grappling hook
The fucking worst meme. I have an irrational hatred for grappling hooks in games, sue me
>>
>>383878036
I'm hyped for the next Zelda if it's going to be like BotW. BotW feels like a demo for the real thing.
>>
>>383878132
So what? Because you don't like them, they can't be in the game? That's this entire thread in a nutshell:
>I don't really care for x too much.
>FUCK YOU IT'S PERFECTLY FINE STOP DISLIKING WHAT I LIKE
>>
>>383878132
it's called a hookshot u niger
>>
>>383878217
BOTW was announced to be part of a trilogy so they're probably are going to Majora's Mask the assets and make a new game out of everything that was already made.
>>
>>383878013
Disprove any of it, I have played all of the zelda games and breath of the wild doesn't capture what made the other zelda games good, so it didn't appeal to me like it did with the other zelda games. I could expand more on it but it seems like you aren't interested in reading criticism.
>>
File: LinkGrapple.jpg (28KB, 425x322px) Image search: [Google]
LinkGrapple.jpg
28KB, 425x322px
>>383878132
>I have an irrational hatred for grappling hooks
That's autistic.
>>
>>383878249
>>383878229
>>383878331
I know I'm autistic shut up
>>
File: PROOFS_logov2.png (69KB, 700x660px) Image search: [Google]
PROOFS_logov2.png
69KB, 700x660px
>>383878318
>BOTW was announced to be part of a trilogy
>>
>>383878330
given that most of it is opinions (x is boring) I don't see how anyone can disprove it
>>
>>383878229
>HURRDURRR ZELDA SHUD HAVE GUNS IN IT
>What? No, that is fucking stupid
>SO WHAT JUST BECAUSE YOU DONT LIKE THEM THEY SHOULDNT BE IN THE GAME? DURRHURR
This is how retarded you sound.
>>
>>383874969
The problem is those "minor things" continuously compound on each other the longer you play.
Take the Stone Tallus for example. The first time you fight it it ambushes you in the tutorial area. This is unexpected because in every other 3D Zelda this area wouldn't have enemies in it at all, let alone a boss monster that has never been in a Zelda game before. This effect is completely nullified by the end of the game where you've fought dozens of the exact same enemy each killed the exact same way. The same is true for just about everything in the game. The game repeats itself so often that by the end of it nothing feels special and everything starts to feel like a chore.
>>
>>383878463
not him but that I AM SILLY text is stupid because multiple zelda games have had grappling hooks or items that function like them (whips)
>>
>>383878483
The time taken for it to feel like a chore is different for everyone though, and I have no idea whats the end to you. Post game?
>>
>>383878539
Muitliple Zelda games also had annoying companions in them. Guess we should bring those back too right?
>>
>>383878463
Who suggested guns? Stupid.
>More options is a bad thing
Isn't this the same game that boasts freedom? Why can't have the freedom to either fish with a rod or climb places with a grappling hook? Some people may want to do that, and that's perfectly fine.
>>
>>383878426
I'll try something more solid then. The way I played breath of the wild I generally saved the stronger weapons and only used the weaker ones, and eventually my inventory was filled with royal and elemental weapons because they just kept stacking up, by fighting mobs it would only guarantee that my good weapons would get damaged and replaced with mob weapons which weren't as good, the game put me at a point where the combat was more harmful than it was beneficial and it was encouraging me to just run past everything, I don't think thats good design. I still think breath of the wild is a good base for a potential sequel, it just needs to include proper dungeons, items like in previous zeldas and fix the weapon system a bit. I don't even think the weapon durability system is that bad, it was actually a pretty interesting solution to handling weapons in open world games (since they are temporary, you can't break the game forever by obtaining a high level weapon), I just think its kind of flawed in its current state.
>>
>>383878775
is that what he suggested? is an item on par with a talking partner to you?
>>
>>383878483
There's only 40 Taluses in the whole game. It's 3 dozen enemies+ 4.
>>
>>383878775
>comparing an item you take out and use to someone constantly chiming in to tell you where to go
Nice fucking leap. At least the guy against the grappling hook admitted he's autistic.
>>
>>383878803
For me I use whatever weapon I get my grubby hands on so I didn't run into the same problems as you.
>>
>>383856094
Mastermode is horrible, I gave up.

It is not hard, just frustrating.
>>
>>383878803
>items like in previous zeldas
I don't understand this complaint. What items are you people even talking about? BotW has boomerangs, bows, bombs, masks, magic rods, a Korok leaf, paraglider, shit like chuchu jelly that you can use as bombs, octorok balloons, champion abilities, plus 3 runes and fucking camera. And I'm probably forgetting something too.
What more items do you even need? A fucking slingshot? The only item I kinda miss is the hookshot and even then Revali's Gale is pretty much the same shit.
>>
File: wind waker ending.png (346KB, 900x867px) Image search: [Google]
wind waker ending.png
346KB, 900x867px
>>383878852
>only 40
>only
>40
>>
>>383879258
There are more than 40 dragons in Skyrim

this is ontop of a larger enemy variety than BOTW. Skyrim has more monsters than BOTW.
>>
>>383879420
There are also over 100 special beasts in Xenoblade Chronicles X.
>>
>>383879138
>he hasn't gotten the phantom armour yet
>he doesn't use elixers
LOL
>>
File: 1386940492479.jpg (55KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1386940492479.jpg
55KB, 500x500px
>>383879420
>Skyrim
>larger enemy variety than BOTW
gr8 b8 m8
>>
>>383879571
It's objectively right
>>
>>383879634
Whatever you say, Todd.
>>
>>383879138
rush to get phantom armor
go steal some weapons from a bokoblin camp at night time

good job you're set for the rest of the game
I just took on a camp with like 4 silvers and 1 gold and several archers and used up a single weapon and maybe 2-3 blizzard rod swings, and they dropped 5+ more usable weapons

master mode is TOO EASY
they needed to make enemies way faster and they absolutely needed to pimp up the boss/miniboss enemies, talus, hinox, guardians, etc
>>
>>383879478
XCX was a better game than BotW. BotW sells better due to brand recognition.
>>
>>383879784
I frankly disagree with this. Combat in XCX is just so damn boring, and the story is both shit and shoved in your face. What a letdown after XC
>>
>>383879879
The story in both XCX was nothing special. I found the combat more varied and fun than fighting the same 4-5 enemies a hundred times over, with the only variance being a palette swap and more health. Also, the game was way more fun to explore, and I felt a real desire to explore, unlike BotW.

BotW was fun for about a dozen hours, and then it was boring as fuck. XCX always had new little nooks and crannies to explore, and kept me entertained for more than 100 hours. I'm actually debating starting it back up from scratch.
>>
>>383880075
funny its almost the exact opposite for me. I found the rewards for exploring in XCX shit, and the grinding was such a damn turn off I stopped after 20 hours
>>
I'll gladly trade in having caves for being able to glide around everyone.

This song takes seeing the things high up to a new level of comfy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmdmx-ZcVvE
>>
>>383879217
They aren't for puzzles or movement mostly just combat, getting new items in other zelda games always gave a sense of progression, in this game since its all temporary, they aren't used for anything important.
>>
>>383880157
The rewards were the locations themselves for me. Meanwhile, with Zelda, "Oh gee. Another shrine. Imagine my surprise." I literally stopped going to them once I had enough to unlock the Master Sword, and then switched them all over to Stamina, just to keep the challenge up and the mechanics from being too much of a nuisance. Korok seeds were pointless the second I got 2 rows of weapons. Never needed more than that, never needed more shield/bow space. And none of the locations seemed all that different from anything else. All in all, a pretty boring experience once I realized how empty it was.

Meanwhile, in XCX, you find a cave, and it's filled with magma, monsters I'd not seen before, and a vault (that I never even opened - dunno if its even possible). Every time I thought I had seen it all, the game would throw me something new.
>>
>>383880485
Yeah the caves in XCX are pretty repetitive too, just the same old convoluted combat system being used in the exact same way over and over again. I much prefer the shrines and the puzzles they provide desu. I also really like the art style and vistas for BOTW so the locations were reward for me too, I'm not sure why it isn't for you?
>>
>>383880614
The shrines had no rewards, and the vast majority of puzzles were something a child could figure out.

But hey, whatever floats your boat. I think the game you like is a hunk of shit, and you think the game I like is a hunk of shit.
>>
>>383856094
that's a lie though. next time throw in a qualifier like there aren't many underground areas to not come off as a smelly liar. One of the best shrine loacations was in the underground area with all the guardian turrets
>>
>>383880731
No rewards is rather an exaggeration don't you think? Meh, nevermind we'll leave it at that
>>
>>383873162
why are you including skippable cutscenes
>>
>>383880816
Not really. A shitty weapon you could get in other places isn't a reward. Neither is 1/5 of a heart/stamina increase. Once you got past the first couple of hours, there were literally no surprises.

Tarry Town was the best part of that game, and it was legit great. But while that was great, it just makes you realize how piss poor everything else is by comparison.
>>
Real quick, which way to Korok Forest? I've got 100 some seeds but I can't find that big Korok dude anymore. Last time I talked to him he said he'd be in Korok Forest or something like that. I can't find it.

If you could, I'd prefer you can give me the answer in some form of riddle or elaborate scheme of directions. Thanks.
>>
File: korok forest.jpg (321KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
korok forest.jpg
321KB, 1280x720px
>>383881005
I literally googled the answer.
>>
>>383880920
Occasionally you could get an armor piece, but thats about it, I agree that they should really have made the shrine rewards more unique, I lost my motivation near the end as everything was the same.
>>
>>383880920
Why is it not? I don't see why, just because you don't like it? Also what do you count as surprises? I didn't find the dragon until 40 hours in too
>>
>>383880920
Why are they not rewards tho?
>>
>>383881152
Good for you, bud. The point was I didn't want to look it up directly and instead learn from word of mouth, but thanks anyway.
>>
>>383880920
Also tarrey town was shit. I have no idea what people see in that quest. So much grinding materials it makes me have XCX flashbacks. Kass' quests are much better
>>
>>383881248
>Why is the sword that you are literally carrying with you already not a reward?
Gee, I wonder. A purple rupee would have been more of a reward. At least I can do something with that.

>Also what do you count as surprises? I didn't find the dragon until 40 hours in too
I found the Green Dragon less than an hour after leaving the tutorial. All the others fall into the palette swap I spoke about earlier.
>>
>>383881382
Remind me what the "Kass' quests" were? So much of the game is just a boring blur.
>>
>>383881382
Dynamic music, interesting characters, worthwile reward, the actual objectives of the quests kind of suck but everything else makes up for it.
>>
>>383881519
It's where a parrot with an accordion gives vagues hints to the location of... wait for it... shrines.
>>
File: not+this+shit+again.jpg (26KB, 316x341px) Image search: [Google]
not+this+shit+again.jpg
26KB, 316x341px
>>383881654
Figures.
>>
>>383881486
That's not the one I was talking about but okay.

>>383881519
You should remember what happens when it is complete, or you haven't done all of them yet

>>383881560
Seriously people think the house is a good reward? It's just a display case, I would rather get another shrine orb. Also the music implementation was laughable, especially with the last moment when they played dramatic sad music, what the fuck was that
>>
>>383879758
>>383879527

I did not get the Phantom Armor.

I use elixers, even though it is boring as fuck to cook them.

I steal Bokoblins weapons all the time, I sneak kill them and stuff.

So the trick is to get the Phantom Armor?

I beat the first dungeon, was going to the second and just god killed 2 or 3 times. Master Mode is about stealth and avoid battles.

You can't really be creative, since monsters regen health pretty fast.
>>
>>383881560
>interesting characters
You don't get enough info or interaction for any of them, what even makes them interesting besides the name
>>
>>383881851
>You should remember what happens when it is complete, or you haven't done all of them yet.
Who gives a shit? Honestly? Why should I give a solitary shit about doing more shrines? They are so fucking dull. Skyrim was NOT a good game by any stretch of the imagination, but Jesus, it was still WAY better than BotW. All BotW has going for it is Tarrey Town and the physics engine. That does not a fun game make.
>>
>>383881968
yes, get the phantom armour

Also the use of environment kills is quite important in master mode
>>
>>383881851
No, but the town has a vendor which sells otherwise unique items like armor you can only find once and the hylian shield, which is more than any other sidequest has.
>>
>>383882041
>Also the use of environment kills is quite important in master mode
Do you have to pay for that? If not, I might play the game again at some point in the future, in my desperate search for a challenge. But I'm not paying Nintendo to make the game a challenge.
>>
>>383882030
Okay how did I mention skyrim? Why would you not enjoy solving environmental riddles? Why do you choose to focus on the shrine, when it is an ultimately small part of his quests? Why do you enjoy the grinding of tarrey town?
>>
>>383880731
>The shrines had no rewards

You get an orb which is this game's equivalent of a heart piece. That's a major reward in ALL Zelda games. Any weapons or treasure found are just a bonus.
>>
>>383881851
>Seriously people think the house is a good reward?
The House gave me more of a goal than anything else in the game. I was desperate to get those faggots off my property.
>>
>>383882128
No, you don't. It's just as useful as the normal game

>>383882078
All the armour in tarrey town can be gotten elsewhere, same with the hylian shield
>>
>>383882198
But why? It's purely for decoration, it serves no purpose. Even shrine orbs give you more
>>
>>383856094
Yeah they went a bit too hard on the Overworld exploration emphasis, Zelda haa always been about explorartion but dungeons are also important, and homogenous one puzzle shrines aren't an interesting alternative

It's kind of funny that for a game all about the natural world the shrines are so artificial

At least we can take comfort in the knowledge that the next game will address this since Aonuma reacts really drastically to criticism
>>
>>383882128
It is not challenging, it is frustrating.

The enemies are damage sponges, and all your weapons break pretty fast. You need to "farm" weapons, avoid battles, cook a lot and cheese by throwing Bokoblins on water.

Also you need to head shot a lot (I'm okay with this one).

It is just boring and unbalanced, you'll end up running away from most battles.
>>
>>383882154
>Okay how did I mention skyrim?
You didn't. I did.

>Why would you not enjoy solving environmental riddles?
I was never required to solve any environmental riddles, as far as I can remember. Haven't played it since the week it came out, though.

>Why do you choose to focus on the shrine, when it is an ultimately small part of his quests?
It's really not. Wander around in the general direction he gives you, and you'll stumble upon it before long. You don't need to fire an arrow towards the setting sun or any such nonsense.

>Why do you enjoy the grinding of tarrey town?
Because it was a reward I couldn't pick up off a corpse that didn't have to do with expanding health or stamina.
>>
>>383882294
Didn't realize it until after I had purchased it. Then I wanted those fags off my lawn.
>>
>>383882128
Yes, you have to pay, it is a DLC.
>>
>>383856803

Not to be that guy, but I thought the combat was pretty good. Like Dark Souls, only you're not sluggish and don't have to rely on that shitty roll.
>>
>>383882409
Nope. Not another dime. So fucking glad I didn't pick up a Switch for this turd.
>>
>>383882469
lol
>>
>>383882364
Oh so now you remember them, and you remember them wrongly too
>>
>>383882469
It's a DLC, and a pretty bad one, by the way.

The only really cool thing they added was the Hero path (you can see where you've been) in the game. And the Floating platforms, they are pretty fun.
>>
>>383882590
>Oh so now you remember them, and you remember them wrongly too
Feel free to explain what you mean, there.
>>
>>383882621
The trials are very good and easily worth 4-6 bucks. The hero path is usel
>>
>>383882630
funny how you happen to exactly remember one thing you have to do in what you call a "boring blur". Also some kass shrines are hidden until you do something, you can't get them by simply wandering
>>
>>383882364
How the fuck is a useless house a reward. Seriously how?
>>
File: NintendoFanboy.jpg (230KB, 751x856px) Image search: [Google]
NintendoFanboy.jpg
230KB, 751x856px
>>383856094
>>383871020
SAY WHAT?
>>
>>383882640
This post reminds me so much of FFXV kun regarding the Gladios DLC. If it's that good, they should have included it in the game so that there was something good there.

>>383882701
I never said the game was a boring blur. You may note that I answered what Kass's questline was before you did.
>>
>>383856094
Me, the awesome caves were my favorite part of TP's overworld.

The fact that they're essentially completely absent (with a tiny handful of exceptions) makes me think it might have been a limitation with their level editor.
>>
>>383882787
Having all shops a couple of feet away from one another, with unique items for sale, was worth more than a fucking fire sword.

Also, for once, it felt like I actually impacted the world in a somewhat meaningful way.
>>
>>383882852
Oh so now it's bad when the DLC has something worth money, I see
>>
>>383882926
The items are not unique, you can find them elsewhere
>>
>>383882997
It is when the game hasn't offered anything worth the price of admission. If you push a turd out to market, and you put things that make the turd better behind an additional paywall, yeah, it's pretty shit.
>>
>>383883043
That's the point. Pretty much every quest line except for Tarrey Town and the Master Sword (which just involves doing stupid fucking shrines) can be found elsewhere.
>>
>>383883043
They are items that you can only find once like a lot of the armor you can buy there and the hylian shield, thats the closest thing you can get to unique.
>>
>>383883080
Nope, I meant the Tarrey town items. They are not unique

>>383883049
For (You)
>>
>>383883146
It's true. When FFXV fucked up so massively, they are pushing out additional free content like crazy. BotW should do the same.
>>
>>383883127
So they are actually not unique, and Tarrey town has an even worse reward than shrines. Good to know
>>
>>383883146
>Nope, I meant the Tarrey town items. They are not unique
It's unique in that I don't have to wander around the world with a fucking rock crusher looking for rubies. Huge time saver.
>>
>>383856094
So all the DLC for this game is out now?
I wanted to jump back in
>>
>>383883196
HAHAHA besides a minority most people think BotW fucked up very little.
>>
>>383883214
You've actually convinced me, dude. You're right. This game is complete trash. There is nothing redeemable about it. I was mistaken about Tarry Town.
>>
>>383883214
Its more than any other side quest and its a one of a kind reward, thats better than any shrine which is the same fucking thing every shrine.
>>
>>383883261
Not yet. There is still pack 2, which will release this holiday
>>
>>383883265
Neat. As for me, I'm not picking up another Nintendo console unless a sequel to XCX is on it. Zelda isn't fun, and I already have 4 Smash games and 5 Mario Karts. Mario Maker is on the Wii, meaning I don't need any more 2D Marios, and 3D Mario hasn't been good in a long time.
>>
>>383883290
Yep, good Tarrey fags can finally admit their quest is nothing more than wood chopping
>>
>>383883405
Yup. You've convinced me. The game is total trash and has no redeeming qualities. Thanks for clearing my head about that.
>>
>>383856094
I think it would be cool if there were actual dungeons behind the dragon springs that Zelda had to go to. Also, if there was a time portal where you could go into a pocket of space and time where you had to fight the Leviathans that you see the bones of across the world. Would be a lot of work to make that happen though, so that's just wishful thinking on my part.
>>
>>383883459
I think it would be cool if the world wasn't so empty.
>>
>>383883369
Since you enjoy the turd that was XCX you should buy disgaea 5. Shit story, same obscene amount of grinding, shit characters and even worse dialogue. Mirror images
>>
>>383883457
Yeah, glad to be of help. At least you admitted your shit taste
>>
>>383883405
Name one side quest with a better reward.
>>
>>383883601
Any other fucking side quest that ends up with a shrine orb. At least it has some use
>>
File: D5.png (189KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
D5.png
189KB, 750x1334px
>>383883501
Sure, I'll give the demo a try. Thanks for the tip.
>>
>>383883643
Tarrey town is the only way to get the hylian shield after the first one breaks, the best shield in the game, thats worth more than any shrine orb.
>>
>>383883696
Oh and try star ocean 5 too. It has the added similarity of shitting on great previous games
>>
>>383883709
Shields all about act the same anyways, just different durability
>>
>>383883743
I'd try it if there was a demo. Not paying full price on a gamble, though.
>>
>>383883743
It's like you're pissed at him for liking something you don't like.
>>
>>383883784
And this one has god tier durability, he also sells armor that you could have sold.
>>
>>383874361
>game has bombs
>game has bomb arrows
>game has stasis
>game doesn't have stop arrows

shit now I really want arrows capable of inflicting stop
>>
>>383870641
>>383870024

Skyward Sword is better than BotW though.
>>
>>383883501
>>383883696
>>383883743
Now I'm just imagining some salty bitch telling someone who liked a game that he hated all sorts of games that this dude will wind up loving. He'll be having a blast, and you'll be sitting there pissed that he does, and will keep giving him more games that he will love.
>>
>>383883887
There isn't really a point to stop arrows since stasis is already ranged and anything with a shorter cooldown would be ludicrous
>>
>>383883869
Nah, just giving some recommendations

I have not played Breath but damn was Xenoblade X such a piece of shit that I get angry everytime it is mentioned
>>
>>383874171

They were too obsessed with all the scripted Fire effects and idiots all over the internet go OMG CHEMISTRY ENGINEEEE!!!!
>>
>>383883939
SS is the worst 3D Zelda by far
>>
>>383883939
I wouldn't go that far. BotW is overrated as FUCK but I'd still take it over SS. I wish BotW's Zelda was anywhere near as good as SS's though, that's for sure.
>>
>>383884012
Xenoblade had huge plotholes, but the game was actually a lot more fun to explore than Breath. Combat isn't particularly good or bad in either game. Just "meh."
>>
>>383883939
Understandable, people will always have shit taste
>>
>>383884074
Given that exploration results in yet another damage sponge monster I'd not call it good. And the combat is bad, just bad in Xenoblade X. The MMO-like system of cooldowns sucks. The first game has terrible combat too but at least it is carried by its plot, characters and music
>>
>>383884062
>skyward sword zelda
>good
FUCK no, she's built up to be a waifu but she ended up being boring as fuck, with little substance to her. BOTW Zelda is much better as her character actually makes sense given all she has been through
>>
>>383874184

Holy shit, stop.
I'm extremely critical of many things in this game but what you said it just retarded.

Even on Master Mode I am drowning in Weapons, Arrows, and Rupees.
You're not MEANT to fund and solve every Korok puzzle.
The reason there's fucking 900 is so players run into enough to upgrade their inventory regardless of what path in the world they take.
>>
>>383884148
I personally enjoyed seeing what hidden areas there were. The world was so pretty, and it was such a giant unknown, it was genuinely fun. I think there is more enemy variety in the immediate area around New LA than there was in the entirety of Zelda.
>>
>>383884040
>scripted fire effects
Isn't everything in a game scripted then?
>>
>>383884275
Who the fuck gives a shit about Zelda, Xenoblade X was just such a damn letdown. The xenoblade games were never about monsters or combat, they were about characters and story, and to an extent exploration. Xenoblade X does 2 out of 3 so poorly I can't even muster hype about xenoblade 2 until I get feedback about the plot
>>
>>383884148
If you thought the world of XCX was boring to explore, I would recommend renting Zelda, instead of buying.
>>
>>383884360
I never played the first one, so I had no expectations, and I enjoyed myself thoroughly.
>>
>>383884397
I'm not interested in the setting of Zelda at all and I am not invested in the franchise, I won't try it

>>383884458
Lucky you, if only I can be so ignorant
>>
>>383856803
>and you can fucking forget about the story/writing
I loved the story. I really don't see what people don't like about it.
>>
>>383881248
The dragons are shit. They're glorified loot dispensers. Even the fight against the corrupted one is a glorified archery game. I was expecting some Shadow of the Colossus style battles
>>
>>383881342
What the fuck is the difference?
>>
>>383884620
The glorified archery game is rather like the SOTC fights where you have to hit the weakpoints of large moving monsters while they hardly do anything to stop you
>>
>>383884585
-Post apocalyptic world full of enemies and monsters.
-Villagers acting like everything is okay and life is good.
>>
>>383884759
Not really. Plenty of villagers complain about how the world is shit. Also remember the 100 year gap? Most people are used to it by now although there are still some grumbles
>>
>>383884759
It's not like they ever wandered into the villages, anyways. Why act scared if you're in a safe zone?
>>
>>383884673
some people consider another's word as a better source of info then Google.
>>
>>383884759
No, they're not? Many people complain about it and warn you about the monsters. Especially around the divine beasts. I mean people always talk about TW3 but that game had a shitty story. Breath of the Wild is the standard Zelda story but it's well told. I also remember basically all the characters I met. from TW3 I only remember Ciri.
>>
>>383884929
The main plot of W3 is absolute trash, but the side quests are good
>>
>>383885009
And the dlc is better than anything in the main game.
>>
>>383884929
>>383884829
>>383884759
"Complain"

The game shows me completely unprotected cities. There is even a beach.
It is just lazy design, they couldn't fill the world and then came up with the idea of "post-Hyrule".

Just like every Open World games out there, except for GTA (Nintendo is just too cheap to do something like that).

And even GTA feels empty.
>>
>>383884691
Think of that massive flying Colossus in the desert where you have to ride your horse alongside it and then jump onto it before it goes up into the air.
BOTW could have done something like that with them but they just went for the most boring option possible
>>
File: its here.jpg (289KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
its here.jpg
289KB, 1280x720px
>>383884897
Ok. I've laid out a careful riddle for you in the image provided. I hope you can use your god-like riddle skills, no doubt honed from years of playing Zelda, to decipher my clue.
>>
>>383871272
>the only unique weapon in breath of the wild is the master sword
false, there's also
2 Zora spears
a Goron smasher
a Rito bow
and a Gerudo shield

granted they all kinda suck and instead of recharging in your inventory like the Master sword, you have to go to their respective towns and bring someone specific (usually uncommon) items to reforge them.
>>
>>383885083
>there is even a beach
What, how is that a problem?

And given that the towns are nestled away from monster camps they shouldn't need much protection, and even so they have capable defenders among their population.
>>
>>383885194
beach resort*
>>
>>383885083
>>And even GTA feels empty.
Because it's badly designed even compared to earlier GTA games.
>It is just lazy design
You really should stop writing about stuff you don't know anything about. This was intended to be an open world game so that's exactly what you do, you explore the world Ganon has already destroyed. And this is the biggest, most ambitious game Nintendo has ever created and you say it's lazy? Fucking hilarious.
>>
I have absolutely no idea how I feel about this game. I did all 120 shrines and I remember it being great but I can only really recall a few select moments from the top of my head, everything else is just a blur. Maybe thats just because it took me three months and the bulk of my playtime was in the first two weekends when I was half asleep the whole time because I never went to bed. It seems like the bigger and more complex a game is the less memorable the whole package becomes.
Really this game would be perfect if the map was smaller. I get the feeling they spread themselves too thin and dungeons, enemies, and combat all suffered for it.
>>
>>383885226
Maybe if they would give you a reason to explore it, it would have been fun.
>>
>>383885226
"The destroyed world that you need to explore" is more like an excuse for make things easier for the world emptiness.
>>
>>383885218
Oh that resort. I don't think much about it as humans will always have leisure areas even though the world has gone to shit

>>383885272
They do, you just don't think they count
>>
>>383885298
Except for the fact that there are very few ruins, and literally no reason to explore any of them.
>>
>>383885272
They did but what do I expect from shitposters? Most perfect scores ever? Butthurt as fuck.
>>
>>383885342
What do you count as a ruin?
>>
Why did they choose a post destroyed world for an open world game? Seems kinda counter-intuitive. Fallout at least packs content better every area than Botw did. It felt like Nintendo just didn't want to put in the effort.
>>
>>383885342
True.
>>
>>383885337
>They do, you just don't think they count
What are they? Shrines? Korok Seeds? A bug pokedex? Where's the invisible cape? Where are the Pegasus Boots? Where's the hookshot? The Grappling Hook? The 3 crystals? The 2 staves?
>>
>>383885442
>It felt like Nintendo just didn't want to put in the effort.
When's the last time that Nintendo actually put effort into anything?
>>
>>383885502
Thanks for proving my point. They do give you things, even some unique items and moves like the champion abilities, you just don't think they count

>>383885442
Because they want to, and because they like it. Why so desperate anon?
>>
>>383885548
Breath of the wild, which wasn't that long ago
>>
>>383885587
>they want to

Yeah and they did a bad job
>>
>>383885442
That's exactly that.

And it is so strange, because the world is thriving with life and wild animals.

The Bokoblins doesn't even seem evil at all, it is more like... they are hunting for food or protecting their territories. But not exactly evil.

Or as evil as any animal. They don't attack villages at all.

How come Ganon is destroying everything?

There should be armies everywhere, with huge, protected cities and choke points, where the evil armies where trying to invade what is left of Hyrule.

That would make sense.
>>
>>383885621
No, seriously, when was the last time they put real effort into a game?
>>
>>383885645
To (You), maybe. They perfectly captured what a post-apocalyptic world should feel like
>>
>>383885716
yeah. empty and boring.
>>
>>383885667
>invade Hyrule
>when it's infested with monsters that can't die and ancient machines that fires lasers
Hah
>>
>>383885678
Breath of the wild

>>383885667
Ganon is not destroying everything, he already did and left the beasts to finish off whatever that is left. And why would there be invading armies when the apocalypse is already over? The first invasion was the guardians and they wiped everything out. There is nothing left
>>
>>383885502
This game was a huge, huge, HUGE missed opportunity for using hookshot.
>>
>>383885716
>Hordes of armies roam the land
>Most towns have no guards. Some don't even have natural defenses and rely on the equivalent of a white-picket fence to keep the hordes out.
Yes. That's exactly what I imagine a post-apocalyptic world should feel like. Why didn't they just set up shop in Castle Town? They could say, "Hey, we are a town! That means you can't come in!" and be fine.
>>
>>383885753
More like atmospheric and desolate.
>>
>>383885806
>Breath of the wild
Your joke wasn't really funny the first time. BotW had very little thought put into the world itself, as >>383885667
demonstrates.
>>
>>383885861
like your sex life
>>
>>383885825
What you imagine is an extremely specific post-apocalyptic world, this one is different as there is nothing left for any army to want to invade for, and the so called evil army already got all he wanted
>>
>>383885806
There are 9 comfy villages, and that's just a small part of the map and dozens of stables.
>>
>>383885874
He demonstrated nothing except his own narrow view about what a apocalyptic world should be

And the answer is Breath of the Wild, whether you find it funny or not

>>383885887
Hell yeah I always light the candles and arrange roses before I get on the bed. Atmosphere is important in sex
>>
>>383885956
so why choose the most boring world to do an open world game in when there's nothing to explore?

At least in ocarina of time, they made sure to keep the land more compact so you actually have things to find and go do.
>>
>>383885956
>Ganon has been defeated by Link countless times at this point
>Ganon nearly wipes out the world, to the point where sending 3 Lynels to any given town would absolutely doom that town
>"Nah. It's ok. I'll give Link SOME help."
>>
>>383885962
That's my point, ganon already got what he wanted, and the beasts are merely left behind to do whatever they want after they succeeded in helping him. The minions are no longer directed by him to attack thus they settle into an easier life of hunting and gathering rather than a dangerous one of fighting humans. Everything makes sense in this world
>>
File: q5BqZSW.jpg (60KB, 600x641px) Image search: [Google]
q5BqZSW.jpg
60KB, 600x641px
>>383885874
You're still shitposting the same shit you guys did at launch, you know. I wonder how butthurt you guys will be when it wins all the GOTY awards? :)
>>
>>383886023
Oh you do have things to find and go to, although you really seem to want to deny that

>>383886040
This ganon doesn't know that. He also can't send anything as he is contained by zelda. The most he can do is revive his mooks once he gathers enough strength
>>
>>383886023
There's plenty to explore. Also there is quite literally less to find in the overworld of OOT
>>
>>383886107
But they are ganon's demons, not a "race" that was in conflict with humans. Besides, even if they fell in battle, they would always be resurrected by Ganon.

And there is also a lot of life, forests, animais, Koroks, insects, fishes...
>>
>>383886230
>find something
>oh nice. wait, where the fuck is the content to actually do stuff in?

everything in botw
>>
>>383886146
Considering I've never much cared for those awards one way or the other, I imagine I'll continue thinking the same thing I've thought before.

>>383886179
>This ganon doesn't know that. He also can't send anything as he is contained by zelda. The most he can do is revive his mooks once he gathers enough strength.

So his troops are retarded? Also, who controls those machines that ravaged Castle Town?
>>
>>383886235
Yeah there are lots of life. It's a food chain you know? And of course they are ganon's demons, but they are not directed by him anymore, thus they are doing what is the easiest for them. Imagine you leave your child alone to do whatever he wants with no direction. He will do what he enjoys, not want you want him to do
>>
>>383886361
Absolutely seething
>>
>>383886235
I could see him leaving fish and insects alone, as they wouldn't help Link. Koroks because of the Lost Woods. Nobody else.
>>
>>383886040
Yes, there is a quest in Kakariko village, that the clan send a assassin ninja to finish off a betrayer.

Why don't they just attack and destroy that village? That guy alone could wreck the entire village.

All they needed to do was to put tons of soldiers NPC with huge walls protecting the villages, that would make sense.

And since they weren't following Ganon's lead, that would make sense to not coordinate a successful attack, since they are dumb.
>>
I just used up all my ancient arrows in the final trials with the 3x guardian floor
then I just ported into the next level and oh fuck
did I fuck up
I paused the game
>>
>>383886361
Yes his troops are retarded, judging by how they act. He controlled the guardians, but that was before he was contained. Jesus how can you mix that up?

>>383886304
>what are the puzzles in shrines
Oh wait they don't count
>>
>>383886436
>Lynels act dumb
Ok.
>>
>>383886436
>shrines

You mean that thing copypasted throughout the entire game? Oh btw, doesnt even match the aesthetic of the world at all?
>>
>>383886434
Why would they destroy a village though? It serves them no purpose to do so, and can instead be detrimental. All they want to do is to kill off anyone who openly opposes ganon. Much like how a totalitarian state does things
>>
>>383886436
>Yes his troops are retarded.

http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Lynel
> "These fearsome monsters have lived in Hyrule since ancient times. They possess intense intelligence, resilience, and strength, making them amongst the most dangerous monsters in all the land. This is compounded by the fact that they have a natural resistance to all elements. You would be wise to challenge a Lynel only if you're very well prepared." — In-game description

>Intense intelligence

Yeah, buddy.
>>
>>383886497
>copypasted
There's that meme again, I suppose only aesthetics matter right? Not their content?
>>383886479
They do actually. They don't organize themselves into groups, but that might be because of their territorial instincts or whatever. Even demons have natural instincts
>>
>>383886554
>They do actually
Only if you're willing to break the lore of them that was given to you by the game.
>>
File: 1488982323367.png (704KB, 897x893px) Image search: [Google]
1488982323367.png
704KB, 897x893px
>>383886497
This is great. Keep it coming guys. You couldn't come up with a single criticism. That's how great breath of the wild is.
>>
>>383886537
doesn't this prove that lynels are in fact not created by ganon and thus have no reason to attack anyone after ganon is contained?
>>
>>383886537
>Lynels have more diverse moveset than fucking LINK does
this I don't understand

links attacks are limited to:
>normal swings
>swing combo
>running swing
>sneakstrike
>throw weapon
>downthrust
>charged attack

how is it that lynels can do 20 different moves and link can't
>>
>>383886554
the content meant shit. There was zero reason for those puzzles to exist in the world. At least in past zeldas, dungeons had puzzles specifically to match their narrative
>>
>>383886594
>muh lore
Bet you believe the timeline. All intelligent beings will organize themselves into groups as it is ultimately beneficial to them
>>
>>383886428
Ganon is the evil and hate of Demise (if they considered that part of Zelda's lores, of course), so it is a force of pure evil that cursed Hyrule.

He would not stop until he made everything evil, no necessarily ruined, but evil.

Just like A Link to the Past Dark World.

Everything is ruined and corrupted. The cuccos are skeletons, the villages are full of robbery and despair, the woods are dead like, but not really dead. More like a zombie forest.

In the Breath of the Wild the world is thriving. But okay, he was stopped by Zelda before doing all that. But I don't get how his armies don't destroy what is left of Hyrule.

At least the developers could've create huge walls with armies to defend the city.
>>
>>383886606
Except for that cutscene where Link just got done decimating a small army, including several Lynels working together alongside with the Bobokins, or whatever they are called.

>>383886667
>Just ignore what the game tells you, and accept my explanation as to why they don't continue to work together to wipe out any support Link might need!
>>
>>383886613
>puzzles to match narrative
This still makes 0 sense

Why would a temple have such a convoluted puzzle inside? Why would they have chests, pristine chests, locked inside them without even a lock for protection? Why are there rails everywhere when it is easier to just build paths?

Seriously are you going in that "puzzles make sense in other zeldas" angle? Because it doesn't, not at all
>>
>>383886725
>working together
Of course they did back then, they were still directed by ganon. After the attack ended they have zero reason to continue. Are you retarded or what?
>>
>>383886756
>Seriously are you going in that "puzzles make sense in other zeldas"

Yes cause unlike Botw, they actually had a story
>>
File: lynels.webm (1MB, 640x474px) Image search: [Google]
lynels.webm
1MB, 640x474px
>>383886725
>Except for that cutscene where Link just got done decimating a small army, including several Lynels working together
>>
>>383886725
Why would they care about stopping link? Only ganon cares, and he's no longer there to lead them. If I was them I would live a safer life rather than a one putting me into needless danger
>>
>>383886606
Ok, but they are intelligent, attack Link, and don't attack bokoblins or Wizrobes, who DO work for Ganon. Seems like they may have picked a side.
>>
>>383886847
Now the story does not count because of reasons

And sorry, I don't see you refuting any of my points above. It still makes no sense
>>
>>383886887
Then why would you attack Link?
>>
>>383886920
Only if you threaten them first. Lynel clearly care more for a good fight than destroying the world.
>>
>>383886920
It's because humans attack them while bokoblins don't back in the war days, thus they see humans as a threat. Why is that so hard to understand
>>
>>383886952
>story doesnt count

I just said it does, autistic faggot
>>
>>383887000
>Threaten them.
You can walk around with nothing but underpants on, and no weapons equipped, and still get attacked. I don't understand how you can be less of a threat than that.
>>
>>383886920
but they won't attack link unless he invades their turf
they are the only enemy in the game that will just stand and watch you if you keep your distance. If you respect their territory, they feel no need to ruin you. They're like a man on a front porch with a shotgun staring you down. You go right back where you came from and they'll let you be
>>
>>383886957
Because humans were my enemies, and they still attack me, while my bokoblin friends don't.
>>
>>383887051
Stop charging straight into their territory then. Skirt around them and they'll leave your twink ass alone
>>
>>383887051
>>383887060
If a man with nothing but underpants on, and no weapons equipped, started walking around your acreage, would you be okay with it?
>>
>>383887031
Where's your argument
>>
>>383887074
Name a single human that attacked a Lynel since Link fell. Cite your sources.

You guys are just pulling shit out your ass.
>>
>>383887110
I wouldn't feel threatened, if that's what you're asking. You said they only attacked if they felt threatened.
>>
>>383887051
You can walk pretty close to a Lynel and not be attacked. He'll stare at you for sure, but as long as you're not moving directly toward him and brandishing a weapon, he won't actually take any aggressive action.
>>
>>383887051
If a naked man wanders into my house I would shoot him too, sorry dude
>>
>>383887175
Difference between a house and your lawn.
>>
>>383887138
I'm not talking about lynels, but shit like bokoblins. Lynels don't even aggro when they see you. You are undermining your own point by choosing a bad example dude
>>
>>383886887
Cite that source. We have evidence of Lynels attacking Link before the fall of Hyrule. Explain where anyone states that they don't follow Gannon.
>>
>>383887186
My lawn as well, sorry. If I owned a farm I would do that too. You will let a naked stranger onto any part of your property? This is america son
>>
>>383887236
Ok, cite a source of a bokoblin being attacked by a human.
>>
File: imacca.jpg (64KB, 680x220px) Image search: [Google]
imacca.jpg
64KB, 680x220px
The absolute fucking state /v/ is in because of this game.

Based Nintendo.
>>
>>383887294
>An man runs out of your wheatfield screaming "Help! I've been kidnapped and raped!" And you shoot him? You feel threatened by that?
>>
>>383887283
They followed ganon, but now ganon is no longer present thus they won't attack without reason, and as explained above, they won't attack unless you get very close. Unless you have source they behaved differently pre ganon you have no leg to stand on
>>
>>383887186
these are not crowded urban cities in the 20th century

think back to dark ages and landowners in the countryside. They do not take kindly to trespass.
>>
>>383887302
you encounter lots of bokoblins being attacked by humans in hyrule field in scripted events
then the town guards will attack bokoblins if you lure them close
>>
>>383887302
Uh the travellers or the patrols? They fight the bokoblins if they have a weapon. It's all in the game

>>383887360
Link does not do that though
>>
File: 1497848163989.png (235KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1497848163989.png
235KB, 640x480px
THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN
>>
>>383887363
>>383887365
>>383887403
>>383887424
Thread is almost dead, but it's been fun watching the mental gymnastic you guys pull to defend what is obviously a plot hole.
>>
File: 4chan Zelda U prediction.png (41KB, 1237x195px) Image search: [Google]
4chan Zelda U prediction.png
41KB, 1237x195px
>>383856094
If you can see this, I still remember Anon.

You were wrong.
>>
File: 1318560781002.jpg (113KB, 389x251px) Image search: [Google]
1318560781002.jpg
113KB, 389x251px
>>383887480
>defend what is obviously a plot hole.
Worried about plot holes in a video game. Deary me the game is definitely bad now! Holy shit.
>>
>>383887480
>gets BTFO
>claims others are using mental gymnastics
The state of detractors
>>
>>383887605
You were the guys defending it, not him. You could have just acknowledge the plot hole, and argued it wasn't a bad game despite the plothole.
>>
>>383887480
No argument? It's pretty clear why it's not a plot hole, and it's all laid out for you
>>
>>383887653
There is nothing to defend when it's easily explained and even clear in the game. Sorry you were BTFOed so soundly anon, and sorry you can't think of anything else to reinforce your wrong position.

You haven't had one good argument saying why it is a hole
>>
>>383887803
>There is nothing to defend when it's easily explained and even clear in the game
Where is the explanation in the game. Show me now, before the thread dies.
>>
>>383858187
Because bland and stupid story might have worked like 20-30 years ago but now Link is a retarded protagonist without any character.
>>
>>383887852
It's all above, by enemy baheviour and some basic logic and history knowledge. It's not hard anon, you're just desperately trying to think of a hole when it doesn't exist
>>
>>383888000
Nonono. Where in the game does it state any of the bullshit you claimed?
Thread posts: 560
Thread images: 69

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.