[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>want to play a game >launch it >at the main menu >"I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: 1499670136742.png (185KB, 500x644px) Image search: [Google]
1499670136742.png
185KB, 500x644px
>want to play a game
>launch it
>at the main menu
>"I really could be doing something productive right now"
>close game

I really want to enjoy video games again, anybody else feel the same? I just go into tekken 7, and want to learn the game, but every time I lose, I realize how much time I need to spend to learn the game and feel like I'm wasting my time. Same thing happens to most games I play now, except for the casual ones where I can play a quick match or two and leave.

any suggestions on how to enjoy games again, like I used to? I used to be able to play TF2 for literally 10 hours a session.
>>
>>383855893
You seem to have the will and the ability to live a real life. Don't squander that. Gaming is for the hopeless.
>>
File: 1498401384518.jpg (57KB, 600x798px) Image search: [Google]
1498401384518.jpg
57KB, 600x798px
>>383855893
>have freelance job so the more I work the more I get paid
>real life is basically WoW where I'm grinding dollars instead of gold coins
>find myself working 12+ hours a day because I have literally nothing better to do
>>
>>383856106
I've been putting a lot of effort into living a "normie" life, working out, school, work, friends, being social, but I really don't want to just give up on games, as they've done so much for me in the past.
>>
Who gives a fuck if you're being productive sometimes. It's okay to have lazy days. Don't work yourself death faggot
>>
File: IMG_4349.jpg (26KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4349.jpg
26KB, 225x225px
>>383855893
I used to feel that all the time.
Then I started doing productive things.
I was never bothered by that feeling again!
>>
>>383855893
I only get this when I replay a game, it kinda sucks cause all I think about when playing is "I could be playing something new"
>>
>>383856384
Seems reasonable, LOL. But nah, I do my fair share of productive shit, but whenever I try to delve deep into a complex game, like Tekken, or Civ, I feel disappointed because all the effort required to learn the game would have an impact on my normal life.
>>
>>383856308
put the energy into a creative skill. This is a waste.
>>
File: 1495400181306.png (375KB, 3106x3500px) Image search: [Google]
1495400181306.png
375KB, 3106x3500px
>>383855893
>want to play a game
>launch it
>at the main menu
>a wave of dread washes over my entire body
>heavily sigh and close the game
>shitpost on 4chan for the rest of the day

its like i have to force myself to play games these days, and i don't even hate games, when i do successfully force myself into playing a game, i have fun
>>
>>383856308
Do what makes you happy
>>
>>383856652
This. I'm the type of person who'd rather watch somebody play a game, than play it myself. Strange, but I guess that's just how we change.

>>383856630
I've actually put a lot of effort into music production, art, stretching, and fitness. It just feels like video games fill a certain gap that can't be filled by other things, but playing video games themselves creates an even bigger gap in other aspects of life. Strange. I'm kind of just ranting at this point.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.