[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the NCR the right choice? I'm on my first Playthrough

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (253KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
253KB, 1600x900px
Is the NCR the right choice? I'm on my first Playthrough and after seeing all the factions I think the NCR is the logical one to pick if you want to rebuild the old world. Why is House such a popular choice? Sure he has the caps, but it seems like he only cares about the strip and not saving humanity.
>>
File: 1499541148191.jpg (254KB, 550x1156px) Image search: [Google]
1499541148191.jpg
254KB, 550x1156px
The right choice is the one that you decide is right for the Mojave, to answer your question about House though he is interested in helping humanity, for him to do that though he needs to keep Vegas under his control so he can make the money necessary to help humanity rebuild itself. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lWCVVrBtO0
>>
>>383853574
He says he'll do a lot of stuff but he's been alive for over 200 years. Why is las Vegas still a shithole?
>>
>>383852719
Mr House is best if your goal is to make New Vegas great again
>>
>>383853968
>las vegas
>alive for over 200 years

Didn't he say he was in a coma due to power outages for decades? Plus, he's made it evident that he didn't care about outside the Strip and leaves them mostly autonomous until the NCR and Legion are pushed out.
>>
>>383853968
Why is any place such a shithole? Why don't mattress have pillows or sheets or blankets? Why are there buildings with giant gaping holes in the ceiling?
>>
>>383853968
He only had the ability to rebuild once the NCR showed up as they would be a source for the money necessary to rebuild
>>
>>383854135
Fuck New Vegas, I want to help as much people as I can. NCR is already huge and we'll spread out, so why not help them and continue their work?
>>
>>383854337
because of the jews
>>
>>383854346
What happens to the NCR when you pick House?
>>
>>383853968
A lot of that time he spent in a coma because his software to save vegas wasn't fully upgraded because he never got the Platinum Chip. Aside from that much of his time was spent to rebuilding Vegas and trying to keep the peace with the NCR while also keeping an eye on Caesar's legion. Keep in mind that for some time before the start of New Vegas the strip wasn't even functional, it was just a place where several tribes holed up in nice looking buildings. Much of the promise of rebuilding mankind can only be achieved once the NCR and the Legion are threats he doesn't need to worry about and his only concern would be of Vegas and it's surrounding areas.
>>
File: CROSS.png (267KB, 1280x1189px) Image search: [Google]
CROSS.png
267KB, 1280x1189px
>>
>>383854540
They are unaffected for the most part except they lose Hoover damn which is what they cared about in the mojave
>>
>>383854540
A lot of the NCR doesn't care for the war in the Mojave and see it as a waste of their soldiers, money, and time. After you tell Oliver to fuck off, him and Kimball are both thrown out of their positions for fighting a war no one wanted to in the first place, and then for losing it on top of that.
>>
>>383854570
I don't know, it seems like a gamble to destroy the NCR and all their work in that region in favor of House.
>>
>>383854540
Depends, but essentially they fuck off and assuming Kimball and Oliver are alive, they're shamed for their idiocy in wasting lives in the Mojave.

Also House cuts a deal on providing electricity so long as the NCR doesn't make any federal effort to allow its citizens to visit the Strip.
>>
>>383854853
>so long as the NCR doesn't make any federal effort to allow its citizens to visit the Strip.

Meant to say 'make any federal effort to deny its citizens from visiting the strip.'
>>
>>383854738
That's a huge blow if the NCR loses the dam. Wouldn't they lose support and resources in the new Vegas area and ultimately have leave?
>>
First playthrough: NCR.
Second: Legion with quest expansion mods.
Third: House
Fourth: Independent.
Just play them all and decide which is best later.
>>
>>383854446
The issue with that is the NCR is already spread thin enough as it is and spreading further will only spread them thinner.

They don't have the manpower to protect their territories and to some extent they have issues with bureaucracy and corruption. They have good intentions but lack the means to act upon them.

Legion by comparison has so much manpower they not only protect their territories but dominate them, and have still more men to raid still more lands.
>>
>>383854815
What work in the region? Destabilizing and taxing its forced citizens into oblivion? Using it as a battleground for their war against the Legion? Leaving the caravan and trade routes unprotected against the weakest of enemies?

What did the NCR provide to the region?
>>
>>383854965
Yes the military would leave as a part of House's treaty but NCR citizens would still be welcome on the strip
>>
>>383854815
The Mojave is a relatively small place compared to all of the land the NCR already has to take care of, and like I said here>>383854784 most of the citizens don't care about Vegas being a part of the NCR, they just want to go there to enjoy themselves.
>>
>>383854853
Despite all the corruption in the NCR, they've done a lot of good. If House wins then the NCR's reputation would be shattered and people that supported them would just lose faith.
>>
>>383855243
>Despite all the corruption in the NCR, they've done a lot of good

Like?
>>
>>383855295
They are a civilization and while they're not very good at it they do make an effort to make the west coast and Mojave a safer place, they're just foolishly expanding too fast for their own good.
>>
>>383855489
>>Despite all the corruption in the NCR, they've done a lot of good

Again: Like?

Good intentions =/= good outcomes. They've done little to nothing to actually help the Mojave.
>>
>>383855489
This. And if you pick them to protect primm the ending slide says that Primm more prosperous than it ever was.
>>
>>383852719
there really are no "right" choices, there is only a wrong choice, which is legion.
>>
>>383855803
There's also Yes Man without the Securitron army.
>>
>>383855769
Primm also prospers if you let Primm Slimm become the Sheriff. And that's without NCR taxes.
>>
>>383855063
I totally agree with this. The problem with the NCR is that they're taking more land than they can handle and they're doing it aggressively and losing the people's respect in the process. And like you said, despite the legion's barbaric methods, they at least have control in the territory they own.
>>
>>383855769
Primm gets thunder-fucked with taxes.
Slimm and Meyers are the good options.
>>
>>383855063
>>383856172
Blame president Kimball. This is why I always shoot that faggot
>>
>>383856934
That's what (((they))) want you to do, idiot!
>>
>>383856028
Yes man has to be the worst choice, even worse than Ceaser. New Vegas would fall much faster
>>
>>383852719
The NCR are good, but their main problem is they're greedy and incompetent. They're spread too thin and tax the shit out of every.
>>
>>383856934
>kill him
>now the NCR has a martyr instead of an idiot

Great job.
>>
>>383852719
NCR is just setting the world and civilization on the same track that led to the great deluge. Benevolent House or good karma Independent Vegas are the best options.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.