[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>victorian gothic setting >heavy van helsing inspiration

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: oh.jpg (660KB, 3250x2900px) Image search: [Google]
oh.jpg
660KB, 3250x2900px
>victorian gothic setting
>heavy van helsing inspiration
>not a single crossbow anywhere
>>
name
>>
>>383852467
???
>>
>>383852467
>he thinks people used crossbows in combat in the 1890's
>>
The crossbow is an absolute garbage weapon, literally only useful for picking off squirrels to eat

http://www.alloutdoor.com/2013/12/03/crossbows-viable-shtf-option/
>>
>>383852909
came to post this guy
>>
You got a regular bow though, is there really any difference besides the pulling mechanism?
>>
>>383853181
A bow doesn't fit the setting nearly as well as a crossbow would. Crossbows are a lot more advanced and, given Trick Weapons are all about mechanisms and being elaborate, it would have been a perfect choice.

>>383852936
Are you implying this is meant to be realistic or historically accurate? More people used crossbows than long bows or katanas, but both of those are in the game.

>>383853031
So is a scythe but it's one of the best Trick Weapons in Bloodborne.
>>
>>383853181
Not to mention a crossbow can be one handed while a bow is always two.
>>
>>383853835
yeah dude dual wield those crossbows it's so cool
they just load themselves and pull their own string back it's awesome
totally cooler than just using a gun
>>
>>383852467
they definitely should have had a few crossbows
>>
nobody was using crossbows in the late 17th century

niggas had muskets
>>
>>383854036
you never reload your gun so why would you reload your crossbow?
>>
>>383854036
Yeah that has absolutely anything to do with what I said. You do realize you're talking about realism in a game where the character single hands a cannon and a fucking gatling gun, right?
>>
>>383853767
a scythe is not a weapon, it's a fucking farming tool
>>
>>383854514
Which is literally my point? If a crossbow shouldn't be in BB because they're shit weapons then why is a scythe a weapon in Bloodborne? They make terrible weapons.
>>
>>383854218
>>383852936
i forgot that everyone and their mum were swingin round wagon wheels left n right
>>
>>383854598
>>383853767

Scythes don't make terrible weapon, being a bladed edge with reach alone makes it a pretty decent weapon.

The thing with bloodborne is that one dude found a scythe useful and was exceptional with it so he used it. All weapons in bloodborne are meant for killing beasts.
>>
>>383854598
>If a crossbow shouldn't be in BB because they're shit weapons then why is a scythe a weapon in Bloodborne?

Neither are bigass lumberjack saws, but it seems that the hunters were making weapons from repurposed farming implements.

>>383855195
>i forgot that everyone and their mum were swingin round wagon wheels left n right

The wagon wheel is a weapon exclusive to the executioners, and the wheel was a common torture instrument in real life. It's communicating to you, the player, that these faggots are basically the spanish inquisition.
>>
>>383855540
The gold ardeo is a reference to silent hill right? A pyramid head reference would tie in well with a group called the 'executioners' too. hmmm
>>
>>383855313
And traditionally beasts are vulnerable to silver. A crossbow with silver bolts would be perfect for that. Crossbows are pretty iconic vampire/supernatural hunting weapons, I don't see why this game directly based on doing JUST that doesn't let you use even one.
>>
>>383856523
if they do a bloodborne spinoff with vampires/vilebloods as the theme, they will have to incorporate them
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.