[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pitch me your JRPG idea Hard Mode: Must be turn-based Nightmare

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: 1415078876623.jpg (415KB, 967x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1415078876623.jpg
415KB, 967x1000px
Pitch me your JRPG idea

Hard Mode:
Must be turn-based

Nightmare Mode:
Must have random encounters
>>
monster girl sex rpg
/thread
>>
>>383850920
A Jrpg set in a city where a gang war has started between various high schools. You form your own gang, and can customize their colors, base, name, outfits. You only have grunts in your team and they're like generics from Disgaea with various paths for their classes. The other main characters in your gang are generals and can be sent to other places to fight for and maintain territory.
>>
>>383851574
River City Ransom EX:YZ?

But seriously what are the adult gangs doing?
>>
>>383851574
Sounds interesting. Shame I don't like gangs. Maybe if you rename it to guilds.
>>
>>383850920
>Combat is styled sort of like MvC; you hit your enemies and do cuhrayzee combos and can keep attacking your enemy as long as you keep it going.
>However, keeping the combo going is less like MvC and more like DMC; you do more damage as the style meter goes up, but it becomes harder and harder to increase with each rank, and if your style meter goes down, your turn is over.
>Instead of stat bonuses, level ups will give you more attacks and improve the ones that you have.
>You can call in an assist MvC-style at the expense of that character's turn.
>Enemy attacks are in real-time and can be parried like in SFIII, but you have to aim the parry high/medium/low depending.

Or something, I dunno.
>>
>>383850920
The game has disparate characters traveling various afterlife ala the Inferno; but examining the stories and torments or joys of those they encounter. They must either make peace with those they encounter, relative to their own moral codes, religion, or other biases.

You only have options based on the characters that engage randomly in conversation with the forces or spirits and you cannot select what religion or opinion you characters outside of the classes tied to religions; which should be dominate: Cleric, Druid, Shaman, Roman Gladiator, Dervish, Paladin, Jaguar, 4 kinds of Monk, Viking, Witch, and so on.

Endgame boss is based on prevailing opposition thoughts by the end of the tour de afterlife. Then the entire game turns out be Purgatory for an excuse to NG+
>>
>>383852335
That just sounds like work.
>>
>>383851809
I'm not familiar with the River City Ransom games, I played the demo for that one on PSV though.
They adult gangs are either directly supporting the younger gangs from behind the curtains, or ignoring them since they're just fighting each other. Eventually one of the big mafia-like groups get involved thanks to one of the schools gangs engaging in drug distribution and human trafficking.

>>383851997
What's wrong with gangs? Its in a modern city. Guilds give off the idea that this is some medieval fantasy city.
>>
>>383852834
Gangs remind me of non-whites.
>>
>>383851574
Durarara!!: The Game?

I'd be down.
>>
>>383853103
Pretty much what I was thinking. I always liked the idea of school gang wars.
>>
>top-down tactical JRPG where you control a party of six main party members/characters, with four extra spaces for temporary party members/characters who come and go with the story
>takes place in the 2290s on a world mirroring Earth geographically, where a Neo-Tokyo-esque Japan discovers and harnesses magic and incorporates it into their technology
>you play as a close-knit police team of six who act more like close friends than co-workers
>their fighting styles mix police training, state of the art weaponry and magic
>chapters are each written Slice-of-Lifesque, dealing with police banter, solving petty crime, keeping the streets safe, and character driven story arcs
>no over-arching main villains, no urgent main plot, just small villains who get dealt with quickly and plots that are tied up within each chapter
>>
>>383850920
It's an episodic adaptation of a kiddy anime series about airship traiders/adventurers with a lovable cast, think if Skies of Arcadia was based on an anime. But in-between every hour long "episode" you choose what to change in the next one based on ratings (more action means more enemies, more downtime + more dialogue, better animation enhances graphics and effects). After one and a half season the show goes down due to low ratings.
You return to it a few years later when higher-ups decide to create a misguided dark and edgy continuation. For characters not even a year has passed. You need to start the season by choosing two members of the 6-character cast to die. The series ends with the original manga creator going full Gainax and making an ending in which early versions of the characters slaughter their edgy counterparts and live happily ever after in a bright bubbly anime heaven. After finishing that episode you gain control of the creator and massacre the studio workers and head honchos one by one in turn-based battles
>>
>>383850920
>fantasy world after standard JRPG adventure
>the Demon King has been slain and peace returned to the kingdom. The Dark World has dispersed to the uncharted regions after the great desert, demons and monsters live without a ruler.
>you play an orphan boy/girl who wants an adventure
>a dickish con-artist demon has come to your town selling magical goods
>you hire him with all your accumulated savings to take you across the Great Desert and into the legendary City of Gold
>demon knows it's a legend and plans to have you killed the desert
>you survive and save him after a bad encounter with a dragon
>in some catacombs you find part of a map to the City of Gold, he agrees to take you there
>along the way you meet the people who will fill your party
>A violent orc kid
>A shy slime girl
>A cowardly Kamen Rider kid
>A skeleton kid necromancer
>The demon becomes the surrogate dad for all these orphans and learns to be a good person
>Eventually they discover a golden shard and try to open a portal directly into the City, that spawns the cosmic horror sleeping in it
>Demon sacrifices himself to save the kids and is kidnapped
>TIMESKIP, they're all grown up still searching him
>>
>>383855039
Hey, that's a good story, anon. I've read a short story with a premise similar to that, except, I think the foster father was just an asshole thief initially and got turned into a demon later, so his grown up kids had to save him from hell.
>>
File: 1497584203988.jpg (53KB, 594x584px) Image search: [Google]
1497584203988.jpg
53KB, 594x584px
>have a half-dozen character designs
>can't think of an original setting or a storyline that isn't 'a group of people go on a quest for something'
>>
>>383856832
Anon, don't let that stop you. Read up on hero's journey, create a satisfying arc for each member of the main cast and start the story. It's not about being the most original, it's about telling your story well.
>>
File: #loveya.jpg (42KB, 599x361px) Image search: [Google]
#loveya.jpg
42KB, 599x361px
>>383857103
thanks
>>
>>383858132
You can do it.
>>
File: End.jpg (495KB, 1600x1165px) Image search: [Google]
End.jpg
495KB, 1600x1165px
Remake of cult classic SNES game Eien no Filena

It's got everything modern audiences are clamoring for:
-protagonist who is both a Strong Independant Woman Who Don't Need No Man and a fluid individual who doesn't conform to the gender binary, somehow
-gorgeous retro-anime artstyle
-long series of novels from which to draw Deep Lore
-short anime for the casuals to cap gifs from
-protagonist and main party member who are legally married lesbians but also in an open enough relationship that the protag can collect still more wives
-front and center commentary on important issues like slavery and discrimination, more topical now than ever before
-motherfucking techno-Atlanteans resurricting their fallen city
>>
>>383850920
>tell me your idea for a game so that i can steal it because i'm an uncreative hack

hello kojima
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.