[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will this thing be hacked like the NES Mini? You can play most

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: hand-holding-snes.png (230KB, 533x507px) Image search: [Google]
hand-holding-snes.png
230KB, 533x507px
Will this thing be hacked like the NES Mini? You can play most NES games on the NES Mini without even needing to open the case.
>>
>>383847484
Just use an emulator. Fuckers buying a 60+ dollar raspberry pi LMAO.
>>
what's the point

NES mini didn't even have good emulation and terrible input lag, just run a proper emulator on literally anything else
>>
send yours to me and ill hack it so that it so that it plays all the snes games and n64 games :^)
>>
>>383847484
It has a massive incentive to be hacked due to having the "complete" version of Starfox 2, which even if it has some kind of protection or encryption placed within it, will just fuel the fires even more to crack it open.
>>
I guarantee the SNES mini has identical hardware to the NES mini with minimally updated software. It will be hacked within three days of release
>>
>>383847737
That's actually less than what a lot of people spend on a RasPi. The base cost is increasing (RP3 Model B costs $40), a case with decent airflow that also looks good usually begins at $15, a fan so the thing doesn't overheat, etc.

People mistake them for cheap emulation machines far too often, when they are not only expensive, but unfit for emulation in general because of how weak they are -- even NES emulation. You can buy a decade-old used laptop from a pawn shop for less and do far more with it.
>>
>>383848145
not like there's any reason to bother with any sort of security on hardware that you're not even selling additional software for
>>
I already have all those SNES games and then some on my NES mini.
>>
>>383848223
The only reason I could see them adding any additional protection is if they really wanted to protect the SF2 rom. But I think the huge amount of interest from the community would lead to any potential protection being broken quicker
>>
I'm pretty sure the SNES Classic has the same hardware as the NES Classic, so it'll probably be super easy to hack unless Nintendo blocks it.
>>
>>383848389

>SF2 rom

Were the copies on the NES Mini of a different sort than were previously available or something? Apologies, I've been out of the loop for a fair bit.
>>
>>383848872
The roms floating around online of Star Fox 2 are of an unfinished build of the game (and fan efforts to complete and translate it). The game was actually finished back in the 90s but the final rom never surfaced. This is the first time it will ever be made public, and people are excited about being able to rip the official final rom from the snes mini.
>>
I believe it will be, with a similar exploit. I strongly believe the NES mini was made hackable on purpose. Some files indicated they knew about the backdoor and did nothing. Nintendo does not care about piracy of their old games and they know people are gonna emulate anyway, so why not sell them a emulation machine, that can be hacked and at least bank in. After the NES mini got hackchii interest spiked a lot on GBAtemp.
>>
Goddammit I want one of these so bad ... Cab anyone who got a NES tell me, is this native performance or is it emulated?
>>
>>383849357

Fascinating. Well, I guess this will be an exciting time for the old SNES emulating crowd.

Maybe I'll try to get my hands on one, if they don't decide to destroy them all out of spite.
>>
>>383850762
emulated with input lag, also hdmi-only

ultimately nothing like a normal NES and it's really just poor hardware running some average emulator
>>
I'll just put SF2 on a flash cart and play it on my SNES.
>>
>>383848167
Nes emulation is easily achieved on an raspberry pi zero without additional cooling, 10 bucks + 2 dollar case + 8 dollars for two chink controllers.
>>
>>383851532
Yeah with an average of 50fps, slowdowns and crashes.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.