[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I get this? Also, how they managed to get so many buzzwords

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

File: dead cells.png (176KB, 335x340px) Image search: [Google]
dead cells.png
176KB, 335x340px
Should I get this?
Also, how they managed to get so many buzzwords into the game's description?
>>
Yes, the controls feel exactly as they should and it's a satisfying game to play
>>
>randomly generated metroidvania with permadeath
wow that sounds terrible honestly.
>>
>>383846465
Surprisingly, I'd say its one of the few games that actually earns a comparison to Souls games. Mostly due to the fact that theres a huge emphasis on dodging and exploiting enemy attacks as well as having limited heals which only get replenished at certain checkpoints.

The combat overall is surprisingly good, and the permadeath is handled well enough. You unlock new weapon blueprints as you progress, can get permanent upgrades by spending cells on your weapons, and you can even find permanent upgrades to how you explore like in metroidvania games.
>>
>>383846465
Got it as a gift. It's pretty good, better than most roguelite procedurally generated action games. Controls are very tight.
It starts off shit and slow since everything is locked. After a bunch of deaths, spending Cells and killing the first few bosses, you open up a lot more options and can start off with some good gear.
>>
Is it worth getting it on Steam? I wanna play it, but I don't wanna dig out a controller to play it. Plus, I wanna play it on the switch.
>>
>>383846465
>EA
>lacks content
Sure buy it man. Fucking retard.
>>
>>383846465
The core gameplay is satisfying, controls are nice. Right now it suffers from a lack of bosses but supposedly more are coming. The grind to unlock shit is also a bit slower than I'd like. But it's fun to play like 1 run a day.
>>
>>383846859
I'm usually don't like persistent upgrades in this kind of game, but it probably makes sense in this one because of its metroidvania style. I'm going to get it.
>>
>>383846465
I really like the game, but calling it a metroidvania is reallllly stretching it.
Also i've stopped playing it to wait for a substantial amount of more content to be released.
>>
It's very good, I like the weapon diversity and how each one feels impactful as fuck
>>
>>383847434
Well most of the persistent upgrades are stuff like Weapon X does more damage. But you're still at the mercy of RNG to even find the weapon. Likewise the stuff you will always have unlocked after gettin it is stuff thats dedicated to exploring the map. Mostly things like climbing certain vines or teleporting when using a specific item.
>>
File: 1493129479473.gif (3MB, 406x300px) Image search: [Google]
1493129479473.gif
3MB, 406x300px
>metroidvania
>>
File: 1390868832095.png (334KB, 499x583px) Image search: [Google]
1390868832095.png
334KB, 499x583px
>Buy
>Early access
>>
I think it suffers from the same issues as the other rogue whatever game. It just has better core combat but randomized 2d platforming is very unsatisfying and grinding through the stages felt very boring.
>>
The only thing I don't really like is how quickly enemy health scales up compared to your damage. Last night I got to the 5th floor and each enemy took like 30 hits to kill because I couldn't get any level 4-5 weapons. I know you can buy damage upgrades with cells but an extra 5% for 50 cells feels like a scam.
I've only been having fun when I find the double damage (both ways) modifier on weapons or the soldier bow since that thing kills everything in two hits.

Oh, and timed doors are really dumb. You need to hit them to unlock blueprints but you won't make it unless you run past all the enemies and get lucky with the level design. It kind of rewards you with money and cells but not nearly enough for all the trouble you have to go through.
>>
>>383848261
Its very easy to shred floor 5 enemies with enough strength upgrades, Obviously if you favor health more its gonna take a bit more

Favoring synergy over straight upgrades is also very important, don't bother picking weapons with bigger numbers if their synergy is shit
>>
>>383846465
its really good
>>
>>383848261
Time gates are just a reward for taking shortcuts which in general lead to harder areas
>>
>>383846465
>Early Access

no you fucking moron. what the hell is wrong with you? why would you buy an unfinished game?
>>
>>383849049
Because its good?

I swear the retards that enter these type of threads to just go
>heh, early access
>smuganime.jpg
Should all be purged for thinking they hold some crazy insight
>>
>>383849297
yeah it's retarded to want a finished product. silly me. go fuck yourself.
>>
>>383847969
>suffers from the same issues as the other rogue whatever game
This. The issues being
>Your success in any run is mostly up to chance of what gear drops for you
>There's not a lot of actual content, just the same few things rehashed a hundred different ways
>Losing almost everything on death is a lame way to pad out a game's lifespan, whatever permanent unlockable stuff is stuck behind a lot of grinding and/or random chance
Dead Cells has enjoyable core gameplay and the weapons are fun and powerful, but even it gets boring pretty quickly.
>>
>>383848751
You aren't wrong but it can be frustrating because everything is random. You can only work with what the game decides to give you and sometimes that means 6 levels into active items when all you have is the bear trap.

>>383848957
What do you mean by shortcuts? I saw a necklace once that would reveal hidden paths, but I couldn't take it because I already stole the 1up and was paying off my dues.
>>
>>383849395
Not every game needs a conclusion and a credit sequence to be worth your money, you have the mindset of a 12 year old
>>
>>383846465
>Buying games
>Playing games

No
>>
>>383849503
I think the starting area has a door to floor three with those turtle spiked fucks, has a really easy to get timed door if you take it

You need a teleport rune for it
>>
>>383846465
Its pretty fun.
If you do buy it, level up the health pot asap
>>
>>383848957
>>383848261
Honestly, you shouldn't really be going for the timed doors unless you're specifically gonna be speedrunning and skipping all the enemies to go for them for the blueprints. You get way more benefit from fully exploring every level then the cash and cells you get from the timed doors
>>
>>383846465
Why is it called dead cells?

How do the cells die?

Apoptosis?

Extrinsic or intrinsic pathway?
>>
>>383846859
Sides rollers can't be souls-like

End of discussion
>>
>>383849890
But souls is Zelda2like
>>
>>383849890
>hasn't played Salt and Sanctuary
>>
>>383849694

You're trying too hard to be funny.
>>
Is it as good as Hollow Knight?
>>
>>383850402
completely different games
>>
>>383846465
It's not finished, Anon
>>
>>383846465
All it's missing is survival, crafting and open world.
>>
does anyone ACTUALLY use a shield
>>
>>383850892
If it has a 300% damage on parry perk

some are really good for flinging people into spikes too
>>
>>383850892
>not using assault shield + warspear
>>
Not enough content to warrant a buy atm, to be honest
>>
>>383851356
it easily has enough for its pretty low price, just going by the retarded 1 dollar per hour rule
>>
>>383846465
Pirate it and buy if you like
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.