[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Skyrim is a masterpiece. I am at about 150 hours now, and I have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

Skyrim is a masterpiece. I am at about 150 hours now, and I have concluded that Skyrim is an Epic Masterpiece of a game that we will be remembering fondly for the rest of our lives.
I put this game on the same par as Deus Ex, Fallout, and Half Life, which is to say on the highest caliber of single player RPG games of all time. This may be better than Deus Ex. Have to see at the end.

The level of immersion in Skyrim is second to none. I have never felt so "in the game" as in this. The designers should be commended for creating an interface that is so natural as to be transparent. I am still in awe of how right they got it. Mountain climbing is hard!

Skyrim, the land, is so large and detailed, so carefully built, so wonderfully rendered, it is an art generator. Standing on a rock at the base of a waterfall I can see a massive moon and a sky that looks absurdly real. Or a spring morning as I go collecting flowers and bugs for my alchemy I fell warm and happy. As I climb the mountain to The Throat of the World, I feel chills. Truly amazing.
The story is deep and wide without any major plot holes that I have found. It is like the classics (Tolkien, D&D) without being a copy, unique in its story and serious in its presentation. And it is complex: I still don't know if the Elves are behind it all or not!

The game has some flaws, and some things that need to be done better somehow. The horse riding interface is great, but the horse is just a bit too.... capable on mountains :). Need to bring in those climbing and stealth moves from games like Splinter Cell, hanging climbing, etc. A better martial arts system would be cool. Some places to continue to evolve/expand: combat moves.

If you happen to have been a writer/producer/dev of this game: Thank you.
Anyways... that's my two cents. I am going back to Skyrim.
>>
how does this piece of shit have such staying power. its been 6 fucking years
>>
>>383844105

so people currently 18 were 12 when they played Skyrim for the first time. Explains posts like this
>>
>>383843678
did the todd edition get the script extender yet?
>>
>>383844105
>>383844170
Jesus fucking Christ
>>
>>383843678
Is this from reddit?
>>
>>383844226
NEVER EVER
>>
>>383843678
I know you're just being a cumlord and I don't feel as strongly as you, but I first started playing Skyrim this year and have found it to be pretty dang enjoyable. It definitely gets bogged down in dungeon after dungeon, but at least there's been more visual variety between them than Oblivion, which I fucking hated.

Also I've hit some weird bugs and since I'm a console peasant I can't fix them. I can only hope that nothing major destroys my game before I'm done.
>>
File: 1497792182981.jpg (163KB, 1200x807px) Image search: [Google]
1497792182981.jpg
163KB, 1200x807px
>>383844461
d-don't say that anon. I need my waifus in glorious 64 bit
>>
>>383844542
Skyrim makes an okay first impression. Until you realise how shallow it actually is. The leveling system is basically meaningless, the leveled loot system is fucked, quests are horribly formulaic, most weapons and things are simple skin swaps and number increases/decreases thus making the world feel completely static. There is a lot more I could mention but frankly it's a game that came out 6 years ago and it's flaws have been discussed to death.
>>
>>383843678
It is better than Half-Life
>>
>>383843678
At first, I loved it. Then I merely liked it. Then I disliked it. Then I hated it. Now, I don't like it, but at least I respect it.
>>
>>383843678
Skyrim is, as is the majority of open-world games, popular among directionless people with plenty time to spare, i.e. adolescents and NEETs. The End. Curtains.
>>
can't wait for skyrim 2 with

>action oriented combat
>no magic
>even more generic medieval setting
>full of mocking of past elder scrolls games
>very gritty and dark
>6 paid DLCs.
>voiced protagonist
>>
>>383846819
2.5 of those are good things
>>
>>383846819
The next Elder Scrolls is just going to be BotW with shittier combat and somehow even fewer puzzles.
>>
>>383846819
Skyrim 2 is just going to be Fallout 4 with swords.

Hell the man himself, Todd, literally said on stafe that they'vd been basically making the same gamr for the past decade.
>>
File: IMG_0093.png (1018KB, 809x829px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0093.png
1018KB, 809x829px
>>383846819
Don't forget settlement/castle building
>>
File: 1495693873363.gif (1MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1495693873363.gif
1MB, 300x225px
>>383843678
I'm at 1000 and i think it's shit.
But here i am still fapping to the sex mods
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.